"I can't stop it if your pp gets hard"Fujikura Uruka

Vidya Games Thread

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
Its wild to think Lethal Company will probably become the FOTM once again.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Except this is the standard loud vocal minority and Sony will go on like nothing happened. They got all the money of the people that were going to play already. I wish they'd go "Our bad!" and switch this back and uncensor Stellar Blade, but I just don't see that happening.
The game's popularity was starting to wane anyways because the devs have already been pissing people off. If you look at the review scores before the review bomb started, you'll see a big amount of negative scores due to their latest patch. One of their devs outright admitted they balance the game by looking at a spreadsheet to determine what needs to be buffed and nerfed based on playrates, which is insanely stupid because it doesn't recognize the current issues with the game design right now.

Nerfing one of the few good options for that while slightly buffing the absolutely garbage options doesn't make the game feel better, it only creates this adversary relationship between the playerbase and the dev. To top it off, there have been long standing bugs that just don't seem to get fixed. Personally I've put off playing for over a week because the last 4 games I played involved my teammates all DC'ing out of the blue in the middle of an intense firefight and the game refused to backfill.

As for the money they gained, they were still generating a lot of money because they've heavily nerfed how much super credits you get in the game while releasing a new warbond every few weeks.
Streamers are coming out strong against this, and PirateSoftware appears to be one of the ones speaking out the most.

He came out swinging every strong on his stream today. Some choice clips -

Even streamers generally viewed as the "Nice Guys" in the community are coming out and calling the situation out.

So summed up:

The one thing that stood out to me was their argument of "we need it to ban people immediately instead of waiting for Valve to do so". That sounded really stupid until I realized that they might not be lying as that being a motivation because the account link requirement goes into effect on June 4th, right at the start of Pride Month. The devs have been adamant about keeping friendly fire in the game and I've seen a lot of people say that if the devs add pride flags as capes, they're going to be KoS.

UberSoldat

The game's popularity was starting to wane anyways because the devs have already been pissing people off. If you look at the review scores before the review bomb started, you'll see a big amount of negative scores due to their latest patch. One of their devs outright admitted they balance the game by looking at a spreadsheet to determine what needs to be buffed and nerfed based on playrates, which is insanely stupid because it doesn't recognize the current issues with the game design right now.

Nerfing one of the few good options for that while slightly buffing the absolutely garbage options doesn't make the game feel better, it only creates this adversary relationship between the playerbase and the dev. To top it off, there have been long standing bugs that just don't seem to get fixed. Personally I've put off playing for over a week because the last 4 games I played involved my teammates all DC'ing out of the blue in the middle of an intense firefight and the game refused to backfill.

As for the money they gained, they were still generating a lot of money because they've heavily nerfed how much super credits you get in the game while releasing a new warbond every few weeks.
See, balance changes are pretty minor when compared to a change of this magnitude. Many communities have had internal drama over balancing, but it's not strong enough to obliterate your entire community goodwill in one fell swoop like this.

God's Strongest Dragoon

How to nuke your reputation in 1 day.
mostlynegative.png

It's probably going to get worse because all the positive reviews are from earlier this month, so each day means ~2k less positive reviews.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
How to nuke your reputation in 1 day.
mostlynegative.png

It's probably going to get worse because all the positive reviews are from earlier this month, so each day means ~2k less positive reviews.
If anything this is just more proof for game devs to go the IO interactive route and publish your own games, can't get fucked over by the publisher if there's no publisher in the first place. :mitothink:

God's Wingiest Winger

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Currently Helldivers 2 has been on a steady decline (I mean there really isn't much change within the game for awhile now), but it is down to 90k. It will be interesting to see the numbers once the change goes into effect. If people put their money where their mouth is, I would at least expect a jump of players before hand for those wanting to play before getting the boot. But as of now it continues to drop. Still high as fuck but alas

>Trusting Sony

Last edited:

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Serves them right for not giving perms to yagoo. Fags.

Bozu

Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Early Adopter
Serves them right for not giving perms to yagoo. Fags.
Give me a tinfoil hat, but SME owns Nijisanji, right? Which means SONY GROUP CORPORATION has control over them, so tinfoil theory comes from Nijisanji asking SONY to deny game perms to their competitor to hoard the FOTM craze.

Maybe I'm thinking too much into this, or I'm severely late to the party and I made the connection everyone else and their mother already did months ago.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Maybe I'm thinking too much into this, or I'm severely late to the party and I made the connection everyone else and their mother already did months ago.
Yeah, I mentioned a few weeks ago that Sony had a stake in Anycolor.
Nah, Helldivers 2 is published by Sony and Sony owns 5.3% of Anycolor's stock. That makes them the second largest owner of stock in the company, with #1 being Riku at 42.41%. The third largest owner is at 5.029%.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Jealous

Lurker

Steam_Spell_v3.gif

How the hell am I gonna turtle against this?

On another note, currently playing Hat World New Testament. It's about stealing hats from other people with JRPG mechanics
1714903073725.png
And yes, that's a hat

Last edited:

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
It's hard to beat the price on Holocure (or even Vampire Survivors), but if you want a similar game with Maids this one is on sale and has a story mode:

I like it, but I'm easy to please.

Edit: I just realized it's on Switch and on sale on Switch too:

Last edited:

UberSoldat

Imma start shilling this channel too, they put out some great stuff

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Imma start shilling this channel too, they put out some great stuff

Agreed. They've put out some interesting videos, especially surrounding the downfall of different franchises like Medal of Honor and Driver.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
I read today on Twitter the accusation that the Helldivers 2 community managers used to be the reddit jannies for Helldivers 1. I don't know if its true, but it would explain so much.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I read today on Twitter the accusation that the Helldivers 2 community managers used to be the reddit jannies for Helldivers 1. I don't know if its true, but it would explain so much.
I don't know much about the Helldivers 1 history but Spitz is confirmed for being a reddit janny for 4 subs (Helldivers, Reddeadredemption, Reddeadonline, and Wildlands). It took like zero time to find his reddit account because it's the same as his twitter account (SpitzerFX).

EDIT: The review scores are now even more fucked
helldivers2overwhelming.png

Only 16% of the recent reviews are positive (for context, recent reviews are the last 30 days)
48% of all reviews are positive.

Last edited:

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

God's Strongest Dragoon

Saturnus

haha it's unou

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Sony is just going to brush Helldivers 2 under the rug since they couldnt farm culture war bucks like TLOU2

There was a schizo theory about Sony kneecapping Stellar Blade so they can later buy out the studio and now this makes me double take on that, i doubt they could buy Shift Up since they also make Nikke but Arrowhead is much smaller

Top Bottom