"Feet... are the best part of any reveal"IRyS

The Anime Thread

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
View attachment 75720
Cross posting from the homeland. Original VA for Misty, Jessie and Jigglypuff has passed away from Cancer.
Only 46?! Fuck that shit, man. Fuck cancer. Also, fuck The Pokemon Company for recasting the characters with bad knockoffs.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Saw the VA thing. Super young.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
Tomino is just fucking incapable of having a bad interview;
Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 23-08-29 Ideon is the Ego’s death - Yoshiyuki Tomino Interview Niigat...png

Link to interview;

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
The fact he made everyone boatloads of money has something to do with that, lol.
Really? i thought his Gundam stuff was pretty obscure, I've always known him for his seminal masterpiece Garzey's Wing?

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Really? i thought his Gundam stuff was pretty obscure, I've always known him for his seminal masterpiece Garzey's Wing?
Oddly enough, those OVAs were always quite profitable in the era. There was a distribution network that needed content, so they always had enough sales to make a project profitable if they hit cost targets. That said, obviously, Gundam has printed money for decades.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Furious George

Low & Lazy
Looks like Aniwave is dead. Anyone recommend a good alt site? I prefer to download eps rather than stream.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Looks like Aniwave is dead. Anyone recommend a good alt site? I prefer to download eps rather than stream.

Just torrent if you prefer downloading

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
Just saw the news myself. I liked the site, so this has pissed me off.

I've never used it before, but an alternative being recommended is https://hianime.to
Looks pretty similar and seems good so far. Works just the same.

Remember you can export your watch list from Aniwave and import it to other sites. (You can still access https://aniwave.to/user/watch-list for the time being). It looks like you can only import from MyAnimeList on hianime however, so you'd need to have an account there first and import your Aniwave list.

Furious George

Low & Lazy
Just saw the news myself. I liked the site, so this has pissed me off.

I've never used it before, but an alternative being recommended is https://hianime.to
Looks pretty similar and seems good so far. Works just the same.

Remember you can export your watch list from Aniwave and import it to other sites. (You can still access https://aniwave.to/user/watch-list for the time being). It looks like you can only import from MyAnimeList on hianime however, so you'd need to have an account there first and import your Aniwave list.
Thanks Clem, I will give it a go.

I wonder how they finally took Aniwave down, they have been hard to kill in the past. Maybe trying to monetize the site beyond the usual dodgy links & click farming was the final straw.

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
Thanks Clem, I will give it a go.

I wonder how they finally took Aniwave down, they have been hard to kill in the past. Maybe trying to monetize the site beyond the usual dodgy links & click farming was the final straw.

My instinct is to first blame the jews, then the Chinese. Apparently a bunch of different sites have been hit with the same copy/paste takedown message with its weird Engrish, so who knows. I remember Aniwave having some pretty dodgy ads (the absolute worst being the ones that open up a tab as soon as you click anywhere on the player after aset time) but were easily adblocked.

Maybe the owner just could no longer afford to run it. It can't be cheap hosting an illegal streaming service with so much content to so many users.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
The short Transformers anime movie made by Studio Trigger is out. However, like fucking retards, Takara Tomy region locked it to Japan only.

Luckily someone made a reupload on YouTube so watch it before it gets taken down eventually.

Last edited:

Koronesuki

X-Potato
'80s toy lines and the cartoons made to advertise them were the best.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
The short Transformers anime movie made by Studio Trigger is out. However, like fucking retards, Takara Tomy region locked it to Japan only.

Luckily someone made a reupload on YouTube so watch it before it gets taken down eventually.

As much as I love Bump of Chicken, what an odd song choice lol. If they were gonna pick an older song, they could have picked one from the time when Transformers first came out instead of 2007.

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
As much as I love Bump of Chicken, what an odd song choice lol. If they were gonna pick an older song, they could have picked one from the time when Transformers first came out instead of 2007.
And as someone suggested, Dare to be stupid would've been kino but alas this is the best we're gonna get.

Top Bottom