"He just straight up insults me! He calls me a 'pen'! ~'Your pen!'~ Omae wa pen~da! Anata wa pen... da! Kusogaki! You brat... wait, was I wrong? it's incorrect? I'm sorry I'm sorry! I was tricked"Roboco (vs Duolingo)

The Anime Thread

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
inb4 blue haired faggots insist that ranma is fucking gay

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Awoogers

I've already seen some discourse as soon as the initial announcement was posted.
Now i have a reason to commit a crime

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
Well, they already remade Urusei Yatsura so it was only a matter of time before they remade Ranma 1/2.

I hope it's good. Expect the usual suspects on Twitter to seethe and mald over how "problematic" certain aspects of the show are.
Fags will never be able to accept that Rumiko is just a pervert, the only difference is that she got a vava instead of a penith. Not a demerit, it drives creators to only release the best they can.
Everything she wrote got that "freak in the shack" energy. Yes, even Inuyasha, why do you think women are so much into dogs werewolves?

On the current season:
  • Everyone should watch Tokidoki Bosotto Roshia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san, they don't make animes like this anymore and every ending is a cover sang by Alya's VA;
  • Shikanoko marketing was better than the show, at least for now, it's good but I was expecting a masterpiece. Another master class on how building huge expectations will fail you in the long run;
  • 2.5D Jigen no Ririsa got some drive. I read the manga because the main heroine was cosplayer Mashu, kept going because it's a good freak manga with some great introspection and comedy, even if it fell a bit short on the references, the anime is following through and will be 24 ep, it will probably reach the end of the "serious" part;
  • For the tryad of amazing romcoms, Make Heroine ga Oosugiru is also an outlier in quality for having beautiful photography used for... girlfailures. It's a romcom about losers, which is pretty funny by itself but the characterization is delivered masterfully with demure changes in facial expressions, you could only get this from KyoAni projects and A-1 is par to them, definitely give it a chance if you have the time;
  • If you enjoy female protagonists with cojones like Apothecary and Akatsuki no Yona, Madougushi Dahliya wa Utsumukanai is a good anime for you or any girl around here, it's a good shoujo;
  • Shoushimin Series is a Hyouka Lite, if you feel the nostalgia for it;
  • Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi shows that Cloverworks can achieve peak when they want to drop the common shoujo slop they deliver, amazing animation and characters, making fun of a really dark period of Kamakura, if you like dark slapstick humor this can work really well for you, it screams "anime";
  • I was expecting Tensui no Sakuna-hime to be a piece of garbage because game adaptations usually are, but this is beautifully adapted and it shows more of the lore rather than a game advertisement, it's great! Really recommends this for people that won't play the game as it got a farming simulator together with a sidescroller action game (buy the game! They deserve it!);
  • Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria is what happens when new authors show their inspiration from Harry Potter. It's a really good "rulebreaker" show going with a retained protagonist with a huge ambition - the animation is beautiful and the OST is nothing short of amazing, really vouch for this one for the fantasy enjoyers;
  • For trash, Mob kara Hajimaru Tansaku Eiyuutan is the one, the loli enjoyers are drying up but this is pretty funny for how shitty the premise is, saving face by how the characters hold your attention because they are, in general, interesting.
I think that's it, this season is stacked so I cut even 7/10 shows from this like Ore wa Parry and Nare Hana Nare, sorry for sperging I really enjoy anime (it's all shit) and rather focus on the good stuff nowadays.

E: More MahoAko for the degens (me) and woman haters (also me).

Last edited:

Ballpark_Look

Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria is what happens when new authors show their inspiration from Harry Potter. It's a really good "rulebreaker" show going with a retained protagonist with a huge ambition - the animation is beautiful and the OST is nothing short of amazing, really vouch for this one for the fantasy enjoyers;
"New" author is a stretch when they were already writing professionally for 7 years when Wistoria was published. Criticism, author basically recycled character archetypes from his previous work, DanMachi. Otherwise pretty good, animation is fluid and high quality.

Those damn CGI flags though; they look like actual shit.

Awoogers

"New" author is a stretch when they were already writing professionally for 7 years when Wistoria was published. Criticism, author basically recycled character archetypes from his previous work, DanMachi. Otherwise pretty good, animation is fluid and high quality.

Those damn CGI flags though; they look like actual shit.
You can see the parallels with will and bell yes otherwise and the funny thing is how they somehow always fight a minotaur as a focal point of the story like trust me it's gotta be on brand for the guy to throw his protags in front of bovines or something it happened twice on fucking danmachi

Also seeing will be animated gave me joy comparable to the first time I picked up danmachi is a series it's such a good time

Also if you want turn off brain entertainment I highly recommend shikanoko koshi koshitantan it's just a riot that I always laugh at an episode

Also author new danmachi volume when

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Been spending the last few weeks neglicting my oshis and checking out the first episodes of most of the new shows this season. My current watching lineup:

The Elusive Samurai
Seems to be based on a real person from JP history, animation and fights are gorgeous, and the humor is pretty slapstick for such a serious and often dark show. I have high expectations cus the manga creator also wrote Assassination Classroom. The whole show feels high quality.

Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines!
All my fellow wierdos watching girlfailure vtubers and who always root for the loosing girls in those love triangle shows.. this anime is for us.

Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
Tsundere-enjoyers rejoice, this one speaks Russian.

MAYONAKA PUNCH
Unlikable female MC is kicked from her youtuber group, tried to make a content creator comeback with a lesbian vampire and friends. Reminds me a little of Call of the Night for obvious reasons but way shallower.

VTuber Legend: How I Went Viral after Forgetting to Turn Off My Stream
The vtuber anime relevant to this board, seems to have plenty of references to real vtubers and they animate the live2d models so they move authentically stiffly. Thinking back on it, first episode is kinda meh, but the second ep sold me to give it a chance cus it feels.. authentic and the creators are actual vtuber fans.

Wistoria: Wand and Sword
Why does this generic-ass magic academy anime have such good animation and the Berserk remake was cursed with garbage :PomuAngry:

Love Is Indivisible by Twins
For my fellow lovers of trashy love triangle shows and twins, fuck you don't judge me. The pop culture reference and bookworm twin > short-haired jock twin with no personality.

ATRI -My Dear Moments-
I'd bet $100 this is based on a visual novel, getting some AIR/Little Buster vibes. Not sold on this show yet, but I love anime about the ocean and ocean towns.

Notable sequels

MONOGATARI Series OFF & MONSTER

Tower of God season 2

Last edited:

Awoogers

Ah right TOG season 2 covers FUG arc and beyond I don't remember what's the scope

Honestly I just want my boy bam to fucking kill Rachel

If not for the fact that the author is a huge Rachel simp she would have died in this very arc alone

Yes I'm MATI about Rachel
Always has been ever since the first time it was released so we're talking about a couple of years back

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I left off a few shows from my list

More notable sequels and second seasons.

Oshi no Ko season 2

Interesting new shows that look good/decent but just aren't for me.

Plus-Sized Elf
Elf and other mythical female creatures are reverse isekaied to Earth, enjoy human food too much and need help dieting.
:architect::architect::architect::architect:

SHOSHIMIN: How to become Ordinary
Two boring people want to become a normie couple but get pulled into mundane boring lil mysteries.. zzz HYOUKA 2.0 and I found that show boring as well. Might become interesting later, not my cup of tea. The visuals look damn good tho.

My Deer Friend Nokotan
The OP that went viral is way more interesting than the show imo, I think JP comedies involving puns and surrealist humor just doesn't work for me. Those who llike Nichijou and Asobi Asobase should check this one out.

Dahlia in Bloom: Crafting a Fresh Start With Magical Tools
I'm burnt out from these isekai anime, looks way better than the usual trash. Reborn into a magical world as a child and uses her knowledge to build magical versions of human tools.

Sakuna: Of Rice And Ruin
Based on a game, something about what grain and JP gods. Looks pretty good tbh, just don't have the time.

Narenare -Cheer for you!-
Cute girls doing cute girl things, cheerleading this time.

Quality Assurance in Another World
A bunch of my buddies speak highly of this show, I just don't have the time. Supposedly kinda dark.

The Magical Girl and The Evil Lieutenant Used to Be Archenemies
Villain falls in love with a ditzy magical girl, looks pretty cute ngl

Bye Bye, Earth
Usually Kevin Penkin soundtrack = must watch but no time. Something something human girl in a world of creatures wants to be a part of the world but has to fight or something.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

46gumi

Managed to trim down my watch list to just a handful of shows:

Tokidoki Bosotto Russiago de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san

It says a lot when all the girls so far can be considered best. All the characters that have been introduced so far have been likeable. The different ending songs are also a nice touch.

Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!

Gave off the same vibes as "O Maidens In Your Savage Season" which is one of my favorite coming of age shows. Given it's premise, I think the show is funnily self-aware considering the female MC's hair is Blue.

Mayonaka Punch

Seemed like a really fun show.

Sengoku Youko: Senma Koton-hen

Second arc of Sengoku Youko from the past few seasons. Really enjoying it so far as I also liked the creator's other work which is Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

Oshi no Ko Season 2

Nothing much to say here cause its OnK season 2. The adaptation is stellar so far and that rehearsal scene in the first ep was *chef's kiss*

The Fable

Leftover from last season. I really enjoyed the manga and while the animation in the anime is nothing to write home about, the voice performances are top notch namely Sawashiro Miyuki's.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Gave off the same vibes as "O Maidens In Your Savage Season" which is one of my favorite coming of age shows. Given it's premise, I think the show is funnily self-aware considering the female MC's hair is Blue.
God-tier series. Hope this one goes in a similar direction. Haven't had time to watch.

Awoogers

Managed to trim down my watch list to just a handful of shows:

Tokidoki Bosotto Russiago de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san

It says a lot when all the girls so far can be considered best. All the characters that have been introduced so far have been likeable. The different ending songs are also a nice touch.

Mayonaka Punch

Seemed like a really fun show.

Sengoku Youko: Senma Koton-hen

Second arc of Sengoku Youko from the past few seasons. Really enjoying it so far as I also liked the creator's other work which is Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

Oshi no Ko Season 2

Nothing much to say here cause its OnK season 2. The adaptation is stellar so far and that rehearsal scene in the first ep was *chef's kiss*

The Fable

Leftover from last season. I really enjoyed the manga and while the animation in the anime is nothing to write home about, the voice performances are top notch namely Sawashiro Miyuki's.
Funny thing about too many losing heroines the mains VA is also known for blue haired girls who are well, losing heroines(onodera,rem,etc) so it's really funny

It must have been intentional

46gumi

Hare Hare Yukai for Alya ep 4's ending song threw me in a loop. The ending song choices so far for this show have been stellar and it's easily becoming my AOTS

No dancing animation on the ED though but at least the VAs did

Kalion

:)

Edit: Got struck down so here's a catbox: https://files.catbox.moe/1ojbms.mp4

The Dandadan OP along with the first two episodes have been leaked.
You can tell Science Saru understands what they're making, using Ultraman-style silhouettes for the opening.

Last edited:

Awoogers

The Dandadan OP along with the first two episodes have been leaked.
You can tell Science Saru understands what they're making, using Ultraman-style silhouettes for the opening.

god thats so fucking good

and the fact that the opening is by creepy nuts(i think) is fitting on the overall theme as well

46gumi

46gumi

Double posting but holy shit, Fall season can't come soon enough.

Dandadan and now Thunderbolt Fantasy S4 and MF Ghost S2?

TKN_Murder

Murdered Lurker
1723483398917.png

Cross posting from the homeland. Original VA for Misty, Jessie and Jigglypuff has passed away from Cancer.

Top Bottom