"My stomach might have noise cancelling"Miyu Ottavia

Production Kawaii Disintegration & Post-Mortem

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Production Kawaii is one of the older vtuber companies, having started all the way back in 2021. It is no stranger to controversy, most notably the mass graduation of the entire 3rd Generation, documented here, who went on to form V-Dere.

Over the years, my attitude towards Kawaii has shifted from positive to very, very negative. I used to enjoy several of their talents, but as time went by, they all started to give me strange vibes. Nowadays, I have enough experience to come right out and say it; they're a bunch of 🐈💅's.

Note that this applies entirely to the 1st Generation. I know nothing substantive about the 4th Generation, which debuted long after I stopped watching them.

Though the first stream isn't live yet, I can confirm that Kawaii is dead, dead, dead, dead. I first heard rumours about something going down several months ago, but they were simply that; rumours. But as time went by and Kawaii's efforts became more and more tokenistic and perfunctory (things like their summer event taking place a month after summer ended, and blatantly ripping off Phase Connect's own version of said event) I began to believe the rumours. Then a few weeks ago, I got confirmation; the entire company is bankrupt and shutting down.

As a disclaimer; my sources are not V-Dere or anyone related to them. I like V-Dere and consider them significantly superior to Kawaii, but I have no interest in bothering them over years-old details at this point.

I'm reserving this thread for discussion of the events that will follow, and for updates on where the girls go next, if they choose to remain vtubers at all. I have some of my own thoughts and speculations, but I'm also very sleepy after a day embracing my CADtism. We'll see how things pan out, and if everyone chooses to shut up and do nothing, or have some fascinating woman moments. Either way, expect a lot of accountability-dodging.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Wonder how the head bitch is taking it aka Nene amano

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Not unexpected tbh, Kawaii has been on a slow death spiral since the Gen 3 shit.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
I only hope Hiyori and the other Ephemira girls can keep going. :pippasadl:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Nowadays, I have enough experience to come right out and say it; they're a bunch of 🐈💅's.
This doesn't particularly surprise me. When then Gen 3 left the company, I remember turning in for the a few of the response of the remaining members, most notably Charlotte Suzu's stream on it. It felt to me like the response from Gen 1 was "If those whores had just shut up and do what they were told, none of this would have had to happen."

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Do we bring out the tiny violins or the laughing memes?

Bronze

Another agency that couldn't utilize VSMP due to damage it took earlier. I hope at least Ephemira won't get too many Ls from this. None of them having an announcement stream is a bit interesting.

Namiji says she's not going anywhere, so I guess IP's will stay with them

A

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
1000007213.png
Damn
Hate to see it

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

Kalion

:)
Wonder how the head bitch is taking it aka Nene amano
There is no longer a bucket to pull the other crabs down into. She won.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
As a blast from the past and to reference some of the older Gen 3 posts that may become relevant to the discussion below, I will quote some of the more notable posts from the Gen 3 collabs so you can marvel at their behavior. TLDR 🦀🪣.

Archive of the vt thread when the announcement was dropped.
EDIT1: holy shit.
Archive

EDIT2: recent lua stream from vt someone download it fast because i can't right now.

Crawling /vt/ for info, spotted this exchange in one of the threads.
View attachment 19446View attachment 19447View attachment 19448

I have YouTube Premium, so I never see ads. But now that I think on it, I don't remember anyone talking about seeing Production Kawaii ads either. Anyone care to confirm this.

Also, it appears the former Hana Flores posted this morning

My assumption is that they pushed to be included in the concert activities ASAP, were denied this by management and this led them to decide to pack their bags. They say "one of the members of Gen3" argued this, and I wouldn't be surprised it was Aletta, as she was very much on the incline, so her demanding equal attention as the older members wouldn't be so far-fetched. Alas, this is a nippon corpo and therefore seniority trumps everything else, even results.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Finally a post with some substance.

I know next to nothing about Kawaii, so I'll be interested in seeing what happens in the next few days and reading people's thoughts and theories here about everything. Seems like it could be interesting.

And as time goes on, it should be much easier to set-up a nice timeline about Kawaii and what led to their shuttering for archival purposes.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Also, it appears the former Hana Flores posted this morning

Reminder, this is Clara from Phase now. The absolute fucking SASS from this woman.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Reminder, this is Clara from Phase now. The absolute fucking SASS from this woman.

HA. This pretty-much solidifies my opinion that she was the exception to the mean bitch rule and got out as fast as possible before they ripped her to pieces. She's easily skilled enough to outshine any of them, I'm sure they were VERY crab-buckety to her.

Bug Eater

This doesn't particularly surprise me. When then Gen 3 left the company, I remember turning in for the a few of the response of the remaining members, most notably Charlotte Suzu's stream on it. It felt to me like the response from Gen 1 was "If those whores had just shut up and do what they were told, none of this would have had to happen."
Who wore it better?

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Who wore it better?

Oh yeah...

Say, does anyone remember when Elira and Reina collabed, and called each other best friends who exchanged 'very long and intense DMs' or something of that nature?
Probably just a coincidence. :smugpipi:

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
HA. This pretty-much solidifies my opinion that she was the exception to the mean bitch rule and got out as fast as possible before they ripped her to pieces. She's easily skilled enough to outshine any of them, I'm sure they were VERY crab-buckety to her.
Of course she's the exception; she's just a crazy bitch (affectionate).

Bronze

Where does this put Reina though? She collabed with Clara years later. I think she's the only one from Prod Kawaii she's ever interacted with, in fact.

Top Bottom