"Alright! Let's do it fast! For sonic! 'I've been plucking mother pheasants my whole pheasant fucking lif... I'm a mother pheasant plucker, I pluck mother pheasants, I'm the most pleasant motherfucker... aaaugh noOOO!"Pomu Rainpuff
  • I've created a google sheet to keep track of posts I want to highlight for TVA In Review. If you want to have a post included, you can add them to the sheet for me to review when I stream. A link to the sheet and instructions on how to use it can be found here.

Pippakistan's Psych Ward v3

Eat em and breed em

I need help
Ok yea, Mari just said she watched joker 2 yesterday as well so Pippa met with her. She thought it was good too, just not to the extent that Pippa did

Last edited:

RedRage

Sven

The Youtube movie stream has popped back into existence so I guess the rep showed up and cleared it

Eat em and breed em

I need help
The Youtube movie stream has popped back into existence so I guess the rep showed up and cleared it
Oh, it only shows up until it got struck down sadly

Sven

Oh, it only shows up until it got struck down sadly
It does go past there by about 3 minutes, the strike happened immediately as she was saying Phase would be full of write in voters but the video lasts until just past the pause she did after that to shut off the Youtube stream

JMForte

Ok yea, Mari just said she watched joker 2 yesterday as well so Pippa met with her. She thought it was good too, just not to the extent that Pippa did
My entire thoughts on it are kind of weird. I do get where Pippa comes from, but with context of the first one, it's kind of obvious what they did.
Is it really just ends up in the same place, except, Arthur is dead. Literally, he did all that and ended up back to square one. In the first he gets beat down by society and becomes the joker. In the second he gets beat down and then comes to accept he's not the joker and is back to being Arthur, just the same sad, depressed, kind of pathetic man. The entire second movie is a meta commentary on how people view the first one, just by using Joker and basically treating him as the movie and franchise. It's not trying to be something special, it doesn't want to be seen as this big movement thing it wants to be seen as, well, just a movie about a mentally ill guy and nothing more, so it tears itself down, and kills it, while basically saying "It's not what you want it to be or think it is. It's sad and pathetic, and here, now it's dead." That's what the entire movie is about. And the guy that kills Arthur, is really just a nod to Heath Ledgers joker, to the point I think if this movie was viewed positively, they'd make that connection more explicit.

Eat em and breed em

I need help
My entire thoughts on it are kind of weird. I do get where Pippa comes from, but with context of the first one, it's kind of obvious what they did.
Is it really just ends up in the same place, except, Arthur is dead. Literally, he did all that and ended up back to square one. In the first he gets beat down by society and becomes the joker. In the second he gets beat down and then comes to accept he's not the joker and is back to being Arthur, just the same sad, depressed, kind of pathetic man. The entire second movie is a meta commentary on how people view the first one, just by using Joker and basically treating him as the movie and franchise. It's not trying to be something special, it doesn't want to be seen as this big movement thing it wants to be seen as, well, just a movie about a mentally ill guy and nothing more, so it tears itself down, and kills it, while basically saying "It's not what you want it to be or think it is. It's sad and pathetic, and here, now it's dead." That's what the entire movie is about. And the guy that kills Arthur, is really just a nod to Heath Ledgers joker, to the point I think if this movie was viewed positively, they'd make that connection more explicit.
See now this is a good read

Think I read they wanted to do something similar with the ending of the first before they scrapped it? Otherwise now it just as you said, a nod to Heath ledgers joker but I find it unnecessary to tie it into that in my opinion

Last edited:

Realticule

Spooky time.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I haven't seen the movie, but I've seen the end clip and here's my issue.

I knew exactly where it was going and I felt like it dragged on for far too long which might be ok as a callback as you get what's happening but it's bad in that bad the time it happens you also know the ending so it's not satisfying. I think this is a writing issue because if the punchline was unexpected it would actually be good as it would capture the flaw with a burn it down mentality in that at some point someone worse than you will be there to take from you as you took from others. If they wanted to go with what they did in this movie, they really should have had that scene as the mid point and then grow the escalation where the fans of Arthur die, the original Harley dies, and so on. You know, go full Requiem For A Dream where the first half is more sympathetic and the second half ends in pure misery and the end scenes aren't the bad guy being stabbed but everyone around them suffering. Did they even have a resolution for Harley? If not, then it failed, you can't punish Arthur/Joker and not punish the woman he both lusted after and that idolized his extremist take. If she just moves on then it's bad writing as what made Arthur interesting was that he appealed to a community and ideology, and if the people of the ideology, at least those closest to it, aren't punished while the casual followers abandon it, then it's not very reasonable.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Better start preparing for the "PIPPA MY DOG JANNY DIED LET'S GOOO" superchats.
"Pippa my broom dog died, here's a link to a Pipkun memorial tribute drawing of him on a femboy's lap."

Helkar

Didn't know they lived in close proximity to each other.
Also, who knew that MariMari was Pippa's boyfriend all along.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
It seems you're not familiar with my lore. :smugpipi:

I went way too hard with the racism and fedposting while I was drunk, so I got perma banned for some time.
This is how I want to go.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Thank god for her concept art having the back view
9cazsj.png

Huh, dead on my end. Hard link
This meme is really doing numbers:

lvl8

Helkar

Idk how long this waiting room been around and whether i'm lateposting, clock me.

Top Bottom