"Purissu stop yoah sad face! Yeah, I am duck!"Oozora Subaru

Phase Connect Gen 3 Speculation and Liveposting thread

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
The main source of that was Ember saying Sakana gets half in one of her streams.

Is it a raw deal, though? The talents are getting much better reach (and thus, more memberships and donos) than they would as indies. They might be making similar money as to what they would without the extras they get at PC. But with PC, they get management support. They get presence at cons and meet-and-greet support. There's merch sales, sponsorship streams, covers paid for, online advertising paid for, even a gym membership paid for. I can see the value in what gets given back.
Yeah it's a sweet deal if you're fresh/small or have taken a break. The only difficulty would be if you have an active audience that donates fairly well, then you have weight if the addition push from joining phase is going to pay off soon enough to be worth giving up a cut. I think though, if someone hasn't really pop'd off big on their own it's probably worth a shot with Phase, even if they end up making about the same amount after the cut, just for the small chance of getting big.

Short

God Damn the Sun
And let's face it, we haven't seen the long term sustainability of Idol just yet. We don't know how much investment/venture capital money they have swimming around in their coffers. At least with Phase, we can be moderately sure that it's running on their own funds by now and not just VC/Loans keeping them afloat now that they're in their 3rd year. Things tend to change really rapidly if that VC money runs out and they aren't profitable yet.

I'll want to wait another year or two and see how Idol is doing with their split. But at least, we know Proctor has some faith in them.

View attachment 57039
Also, Rin Idol's biggest talent makes less than 1/3 of what Dizzy makes, I'm really not sure about Idol being profitable with all the money they throw at ads lol
playboard link

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Also, Rin Idol's biggest talent makes less than 1/3 of what Dizzy makes, I'm really not sure about Idol being profitable with all the money they throw at ads lol
playboard link
Ads, clippers, editors, and sponsoring to watch their Gen 2 debuts. And that's just off the top of my head.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
And let's face it, we haven't seen the long term sustainability of Idol just yet. We don't know how much investment/venture capital money they have swimming around in their coffers. At least with Phase, we can be moderately sure that it's running on their own funds by now and not just VC/Loans keeping them afloat now that they're in their 3rd year. Things tend to change really rapidly if that VC money runs out and they aren't profitable yet.

I'll want to wait another year or two and see how Idol is doing with their split. But at least, we know Proctor has some faith in them.

View attachment 57039
>Jews running out of money

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Yeah, Idol made a big deal about their cut and it was 40% lol.

A

The jew knows how to market, he knows there are plenty of desperate/stupid/greedy people who would jump at the chance of making even 10% more and knows people will rather believe its 25% even though it's not.

Kalion

:)
"Phase-Connect is the right-wing grifter nazi company."
Phase-Connect talents:

A

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
A 50% talent cut sounds abysmal on paper, but if the corpo's half is being reinvested in the company for growth then it'll be a much more lucrative arrangement long-term than an 80% talent cut from a corpo with no solid projections and lacklustre marketing efforts.

Marketing's the most important thing Phase need to focus on for Gen 3's debuts; the fight for an audience's attention becomes more difficult as the industry becomes more and more saturated, so ad campaigns, influencer watchalongs etc. are more necessary than ever. It's also going to be necessary to specifically market them outside of the current Phase demographic - they already have an overlap problem as it is, so they'll need these new talents to bring in some fresh blood to avoid all the girls cannibalising each others' CCV counts even more than they already are.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

A 50% talent cut sounds abysmal on paper, but if the corpo's half is being reinvested in the company for growth then it'll be a much more lucrative arrangement long-term than an 80% talent cut from a corpo with no solid projections and lacklustre marketing efforts.

Marketing's the most important thing Phase need to focus on for Gen 3's debuts; the fight for an audience's attention becomes more difficult as the industry becomes more and more saturated, so ad campaigns, influencer watchalongs etc. are more necessary than ever. It's also going to be necessary to specifically market them outside of the current Phase demographic - they already have an overlap problem as it is, so they'll need these new talents to bring in some fresh blood to avoid all the girls cannibalising each others' CCV counts even more than they already are.
Given the realities of business costs, the 50% split on post-transaction cost revenue is in line with what you should expect, if the company has interest in being around next year and making money. Even for a company the size of Phase Connect, they also need to target to get a new character to be profitable after 3 months or less. And, given it's a Media Business, you're in the constant need for different forms of marketing. Maybe slightly more profitable approaches than Coffee, but we have the information from Hololive and see how important the HoloFes is and how much it drives Merch. The other thing with Vtuber "agencies" is there's clearly network community effects, so the company has to expand the totality of its reach to help improve all of its members.

In any physical production, if your gross margins aren't over 35% you're normally in real trouble. That's also the general markup on Retail Sales. 50% for a media approach should keep the lights on for everyone, which is also why that number is useful to making the Vtuber make better decisions on whether to keep going.

fortnitesmasherX

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

IonProxy

God's Strongest Emmote (Emmperially Bestowed)
CRT? Critical Race Theory...?
Cries in VGA
1700677443532.png

IonProxy

Debut date is set

A/G

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Is all this numberfriending really relevant to Euphoria talk?
Let's see if Hina can work this miracle

Dizzy bonking her weird kouhais

Runie continues her bully arc

IonProxy

Good person + Contract = Evil person (lawyer)
I may know what ethnicity this one is...

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

IonProxy

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

IonProxy

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
A faqing chicken

A/G

I searched moon chicken mythology and came up with this
Chinese people thought the universe had the shape of a chicken's egg. After 18,000 years. the egg broke. The part called Yang became the sky and the part called Yin became the Earth. A giant called Pan-Ku came out of this egg. From his head were created the Sun and the Moon, and from his blood came the rivers and seas.
Yin and yang? Seems like Hina might be one of the twins and my moon sun theory grows stronger

Now I wonder who is her other half
Saya is the dragon
Runie is on the roof
That leaves Eimi and Muyu

Edit: this theory was destroyed with facts and logic by
I've decided to check the picture again and I think Hina is the flying one. She has the phases of the moon on her halo and has feather-like features behind her arms. Also I think the right one is Muyu, she looks like she's wearing an oversized lab coat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom