"I feel like I'm displaying excessive wealth by shopping at 7/11"Pipkin Pippa

MikeNeko Fiasco Thread - 2022 strikes back as MafuMafu and Rushia were married and divorced since her termination - Ongoing Defamation Suit

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
Why does it matter for a viewer (not a gachi) how the person behind the character is?!
If people enjoyed the character and the streams then they can keep that memory and put aside the actor. Nothing wrong with that.
It would be different if she bled the fuck ups into the streams and poisoned the experience.

I'd argue especially for corpo vtubers it is always advised to separate actor and character.

I get why the line for this gets very blurry for vtubers. I just think it's healthier to always assume that the person is different behind the scenes
For me it is more I don't assume people are absolute assholes behind the scenes until proven otherwise. Putting on a public facade is normal to an extent for anyone, especially entertainers. I just don't make the assumption they are absolute lunatics in their free time like Rushia was. Basically, she is so awful to me that it is impossible for her to not be retroactively ruined as a character, and from my perspective. I'd have the same reaction about Bae, fot example, if I found out she was snapping puppy necks in her spare time. That is all I am saying.

At the end of the day, they are just streamers using a cartoon avatar. Just like nornal streamers some keep up a public persona more than others, who are more open about themselves and their lives. The line between character and actor is extremely thin for a lot of them, it was just a lot thinner than people realized in Rushia's case.

Negzana

If we didn't have Mel as a comparison and this still dropped I'd find Rushia detestable but we have Mel's termination in this timeline and the comparison between how the two reacted to it is more than enough to show their true colors. Mel is still a sweetheart, just a dumbass. Everyone will love her even now that she's fired and nobody's perception will be ruined about Mel. Mikeneko has spent 2 years in a psychotic downward spiral shifting blame to everyone else and growing more and more petty and paranoid. Why should I feel bad for Rushineko when Mel has taken her termination is stride far better in comparison?

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I’ve thought of this retarded analogy before: Kevin Spacey is a gay pedo, but I can still watch Kevin Spacey in movies like American Beauty or Seven because those roles are not ‘him’, but I’m not going to watch ‘The Kevin Spacey Podcast’ where Kevin Spacey just chitchats and does one-man improv for 4 hours, even if there’s no gay pedo stuff in the show. I’m not going to watch anything written or directed by him either because that is also, in large part, ‘him’.

Vtubers (at least the ones I like) are much more individual and personal than that, so yes, it does matter who they are behind the scenes and they are not just ‘voice actors’ for a character like in anime.

96bluebox

I honestly find it kind of strange that people would judge someone providing a GFE or BFE for having a partner. If you pay for a prostitute to act as your partner for a day, you would be an absolute fool to believe they were actually into you, or that they can't possibly have an actual partner. GFE/BFE is just like that, except instead of a physical service, it's an emotional one.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
If we didn't have Mel as a comparison and this still dropped I'd find Rushia detestable but we have Mel's termination in this timeline and the comparison between how the two reacted to it is more than enough to show their true colors. Mel is still a sweetheart, just a dumbass. Everyone will love her even now that she's fired and nobody's perception will be ruined about Mel. Mikeneko has spent 2 years in a psychotic downward spiral shifting blame to everyone else and growing more and more petty and paranoid. Why should I feel bad for Rushineko when Mel has taken her termination is stride far better in comparison?
I think it is a little too early to say, in Mel's case, but she is definitely already beating RushiNeko in the graceful exit department. It will depend on how well she returns as Rica when she decides to come back. At least staff and members seem to have had a much more positive opinion of Mel as she left. Rushia felt like she was memoryholed much quicker by talents, aside from Pekora and Marine.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Why does it matter for a viewer (not a gachi) how the person behind the character is?!
If people enjoyed the character and the streams then they can keep that memory and put aside the actor. Nothing wrong with that.
It would be different if she bled the fuck ups into the streams and poisoned the experience.

I'd argue especially for corpo vtubers it is always advised to separate actor and character.

I get why the line for this gets very blurry for vtubers. I just think it's healthier to always assume that the person is different behind the scenes
The best analogy I could come up with is, imagine you had a real life acquaintance you liked hanging out with and then they got arrested for some bad shit, they never did anything wrong to you or while hanging out with you, but no matter none of the memories of them are bad, you still gonna look at you time spend together differently, yes vtubers are not you friends and are just trying to sell you a product, but that product is their personality and memories with them, no matter they never did anything bad on screen, the person they were trying to sell to you is bad and most people wont be able to shake the feeling, a song or a performance in a movie can be completely separated from the personality of the person playing it, streamers and youtubers that they whole thing you are supposed to enjoy.

If you let a vtuber persona that far into your life and mind that it is comparable to a (long) resl life friend then you have a complete ly different problem :gsh:
is just an analogy the only thing I wanted to say was that just because the person never did anything bad in place you could see it doesn't mean you wont feel different about said time if you find something bad about them

Last edited:

Not-Username

The person bleeds mich more (to the extent the person wants/can control it) into the character.
But for a viewer it can still be just the character.

I am not arguing that you yourself (or anyone else) HAS to accept the character without the person behind.

I'm arguing that you can let the people who CAN separate them have their fun.
You don't need to forcefully drag everyone else down in your dissatisfaction.

If you wanna dislike rushia because she is more or less mikeneko, by all means be my guest

The best analogy I could come up with is, imagine you had a real life acquaintance you liked hanging out with and then they got arrested for some bad shit, they never did anything wrong to you or while hanging out with you, but no matter none of the memories of them are bad, you still gonna look at you time spend together differently, yes vtubers are not you friends and are just trying to sell you a product, but that product is their personality and memories with them, no matter they never did anything bad on screen, the person they were trying to sell to you is bad and most people wont be able to shake the feeling, a song or a performance in a movie can be completely separated from the personality of the person playing it, streamers and youtubers that they whole thing you are supposed to enjoy.

If you let a vtuber persona that far into your life and mind that it is comparable to a (long) resl life friend then you have a complete ly different problem :gsh:

Last edited:

Limkin

"But Rushia and Mikeneko acted completely separately, and you should only focus on streams". Sure. let's do exactly that. Offcollabs are a very fun time when people get together and actually interact with each other. Viewers beg for them and see it as the ultimate form of entertainment. Rushia actively avoided them. Depraving her fans of something considered to be pretty normal even in her own gen. Some people like facecam streams, because it's a different activity from the usual. The slip ups are inevitable and you often just assume the stream will go down for a day or two and some parts will be cut off. Rushia went absolutely apeshit the second she saw someone joking about reflection. Zatsudans, while not the most engaging form of content are still interesting because it provides a window into inner workings and relationships between people. She avoided interaction with others to the best of her abilities and there was close to no stories to share.
She would do perfectly fine as a solo streamer with no criticism. But she was part of the company that actively promotes the "we are all here together and get along with each other". Meanwhile her behaviour as Rushia was all about her, only her, and never anyone else. It was also never her own fault, it's not only "Mikeneko". When Myth debuted she kept streaming through the debuts, and when viewers asked her why she is doing it, she immediately went "my manager told me I shouldn't stop the stream for debuts".
Her personality wasn't just bleeding into a character, it was jumping right at you. Now we simply know context for some of her actions and even more, worse, examples

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
I always assumed Mikeneko was a bad person due to all of her dramas as Utaite and a NND Streamer
I am just dissapointed that she never takes all of the blames in her dramas, its always "but this" or "that" with her

I just love crazy bitches man

Last edited:

Gibara Fan

Babutaro(Gibara) Love

No Name

Honestly even G/BFE providers should be able to have relationship without issues or their fans being called cucks. My personal feeling is that unless the performer is a literal 1(one) view you're technically being cucked by all the other viewers anyway so it's a losing battle because there's only 1 of you and X-1 others. Then again I'm not a GFE connoisseur so maybe my view is incompatible with the target audience.
Clearly G/BFE enjoyers are into the good ol' Soviet Sharing System, cue the Communism song and hoist the Hammer and Sickle, there's whores to share!

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Well...This is very ironic:

I honestly forgot how cute her Nazuna model is. It's a shame she was so hyperfocused on being Rushia.

Negzana

I honestly forgot how cute her Nazuna model is. It's a shame she was so hyperfocused on being Rushia.
Yeah I vastly preferred the whole character of Nazuna over Mikeneko it's a shame twitch was trash and Mike was so fixated on reliving her days as Rushia

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Her insistance in skinwalking as Rushia even as her very personal OC is very telling in hindsight, really makes that "watashi wa rushia" tweet really ominous

Koronesuki

X-Potato
I never liked her Nazuna model. All of her Mikeneko models are better, and the pink Rushia model is the best of those.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
I never liked her Nazuna model. All of her Mikeneko models are better, and the pink Rushia model is the best of those.
:pikafaku: Kagura Nana at least doesnt have a same face syndrome so Nazuna could skinwalk as Ayame

SomeRando

It really fits because Sunny was absolutely loathed by her coworkers the same way that Rushia is

:whatastory:

How long until fat Rushia runs over a 70-year-old man and gets sent to prison?

Negzana

Apparently Mfmf's terms are absolutely brutal, like life destroying. Why are both people here so fucking sick in the head?

frz

Apparently Mfmf's terms are absolutely brutal, like life destroying. Why are both people here so fucking sick in the head?
Tbf 1m yen is kinda peanut money to mikeneko no. That's 7k dollars. She earned wayyyyyy more than that under hololive. Unless she managed to spend it all on host clubs.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Tbf 1m yen is kinda peanut money to mikeneko no. That's 7k dollars. She earned wayyyyyy more than that under hololive. Unless she managed to spend it all on host clubs.
didnt the other terms imply her seemingly stopping activities for a while
The deepl translation does seem somewhat wonky but there is an implication for that

Top Bottom