"Ol' MacCoco had a farm, E-I-E-I-O, and on her farm she had a DREAM, E-I-E-I-O; With a 'hai hai' here and a 'hai hai' there, here 'hai' there 'hai' everywhere 'hai hai', Ol' MacCoco had a farm, E-I-E-I-O!!!"Kiryu Coco

Mascot Thread v2: Brown Woman Good Edition

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Maybe she even reads the Asylum already! She might even make the mascot a quirky caricature of one of its users that she might feel a connection with.
I highly doubt that. There aren't many females to choose from here.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I highly doubt that. There aren't many females to choose from here.
Why would one want to choose if there's a superduper woman right here?

Peachmoon

The Assman
Just for fun I put @Peachmoon's drawing into Stable Diffusion, and this is what it spat out.
It's changed the dress completely, but I quite like the result. Few different models/styles. Ignore any AI weirdness.

View attachment 36303View attachment 36305View attachment 36306View attachment 36307
Screenshot_20230717-084010-300.png

I have to say this one in particular is very cute without being too Moemoe. She has Nurse/Warden vibes and I like the arm band (could put TVA Logo there).

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
View attachment 36313
I have to say this one in particular is very cute without being too Moemoe. She has Nurse/Warden vibes and I like the arm band (could put TVA Logo there).
I actually like this one a lot too. Maybe we can toss in a few extra details but this does keep the asylum nurse aesthetic while not being too brooding.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I'm retarded, but:

Maybe subtly hide the logo somewhere, like in the hair or something. Look at how it happened with the site's Pippa Anniversary Project mosaic:
View attachment 36108View attachment 36109
But have it perhaps be a bit smaller and less prominent.

Going for a medical angle, you could probably cheekily disguise it as a slightly altered set of calipers.

1689633389010.png

This was the AI one I did a while back when we were first talking about it; I like the colors of this one.
View attachment 36125
Do we got a name for her? My idea was Tiva, like pronouncing the acronym TVA (but it does sound like a whore's name so I'm open to ideas).

I concur my good sir

Theva Tùral-Asiläm. :smugpipi:

I mean, sure, but it's not a rule we have to follow.

The obvious decision would be the patient, I thought of it too (you can even see it in my AI generated image from my post earlier, a mask and chains were in the prompt with that intention), but taking the route of something people don't generally think about, such as the nurse, would Subvert Expectations™, and give people pause to think about the connection; even if it's for a split second, that time thinking about it would make that image more memorable, and in the future, recognizable. It would also have the viewer to think about why a mascot, who is usually presented as positive and cheerful, would be in such a dilapidated state, and if they inquire on the backstory of her naive world view being shattered, it can establish a sense of connection and relatability, further cementing the mascot in their head.

I think the nurse would be better for marketing and recognizably; in addition we can, if we want to, put her in a lot of interesting situations in ads or as a local site comic.

I don't know how the patient route would be. Would she be overly cheerful? Overly angry? Deadpan? It's not that we can't do anything with it, but it would be very predictable and much more difficult to flesh out her personality as her character would have to be within the prerequisite of being insane; if she's institutionalized, then she's probably not very stable, so her character and emotions would likely be in the confines of being in the extremes, which starts to get clichéd.

I'm all ears for fun and interesting ideas for the patient, as I can't really think of any.

She's a nurse, but also a patient. A stereotypical looking nurse outfit pulled on mostly successfully over a prisoner/inmate jumpsuit. Subtle blood spatter, either a small amount of flecking on the corners/edges, or a faint-but-large bloodstain along a part of it indicating either an unfortunate end for the real nurse that once owned it, or a creative method of treating medical issues in-house. Self-medicated to the point of being manic, really likes the pi-pi-pi-pills and always has a few bottles of them rattling in her pockets.

I liked the way @AO Cody represnted us in his comic for the Pippa project.
https://thevirtualasylum.com/thread...thing-thread-no-pippas-allowed.85/post-111444
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I would support a straight-jacketed mascot over a doctor/nurse.

Could have restraint bands still fastened to the wrists with a broken shackle loop on each. Bonus points if there's one on the neck as well.

Ogey.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a pill for a mascot. I just find the mental image of a pill with eye bags and a cigarette funny. Maybe a whiskey shot glass too.

Or, if the mascot does turn out to be a nurse or inmate or something, then the pill can be a little sidekick. You know like how Kronii has Boros and Mumei has that bag thing? Well the site mascot can have a little helper: Medy the Pill!

Full blown mascot could be a hallucination the nurse has, and get to be overbearingly cartoonish for it because it's objectively a delusion.

Nurse-analog angle, could design her with a red/yellow colour scheme and have a (red) hat be shaped in a way that it works with her hair (blonde) to look like a reversed favicon pill, but then would need to probably commit on those colours for the rest of the outfit. I would propose such a character's name be Madeline K. Sean, but she goes by 'Maddy'.

Its the mascot going to be cute? I think it needs to reflect the mind of the indivuals of this forum

So she's latina then.

Just for fun I put @Peachmoon's drawing into Stable Diffusion, and this is what it spat out.
It's changed the dress completely, but I quite like the result. Few different models/styles. Ignore any AI weirdness.

View attachment 36305

I weirdly like that three-armed one, not enough physical freak character designs out there.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Going for a medical angle, you could probably cheekily disguise it as a slightly altered set of calipers.

That's actually a great idea, definitely incorporated, or something similar.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Honestly I think both things work pretty well, and arguably go well together.

You have the tired of this shit orderly who clearly hates life.
The "happy pill" seems like a happy bullshit mascot that would be part of some old ass VHS tape that you would slap into a tv for some gay psa or educational video about where you are and why. But it's colorful and silly because you have the intellect of a 9 year old due to your mental issues!
I could also easily see it being her own meds induced hallucination where it just sits on her shoulder as a contrast for the overall style. Or is the vaguely surviving "good conscious" part of her mind trying to convince her to remember why she even started the job.

Inmates are pretty easy to make as generic fillers so I think it's less interesting than an actual character.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
The "happy pill" seems like a happy bullshit mascot
"Happy pill" lol. I'll be honest, one reason I like the idea of a pill mascot so much is because "pill" is short for "pillock". A cynical, longsuffering nurse with an ebullient "pill" sidekick would be a funny dynamic.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
"Happy pill" lol. I'll be honest, one reason I like the idea of a pill mascot so much is because "pill" is short for "pillock". A cynical, longsuffering nurse with an ebullient "pill" sidekick would be a funny dynamic.
Yeah honestly I don't think there is a need to pick between them and that the ideas work solid as a single concept together. It would be kind of akin to how some vtubers have the main model but they sometimes have something small on the screen doing the tts and whatnot.

Last edited:

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
tva.png

Here's my first rough draft of the mascot

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
View attachment 36313
not gonna lie this is some killer ass design to start from. You have to decide which way you wanna go with all this mascot thing. This design works for a more serious ish type of vibe but if you're going for funny or sexy go with something more current day anime.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
not gonna lie this is some killer ass design to start from. You have to decide which way you wanna go with all this mascot thing. This design works for a more serious ish type of vibe but if you're going for funny or sexy go with something more current day anime.
I think the contrast between that design and a hallucinated pill puppy is fitting

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
Nurse Rratchet.pngNurse Rratchet (glasses).png
Okay I looked over the suggestions here and this is what I cooked up as a concept sketch. Important elements:
-fox/rabbit elements for thread favorites Pippa and Kirsche
-hidden kiwis in the hair and calipers (maybe she could use them to measure something on her clipboard or practice phrenology on patients)
-pill armband
-chains on the neck and waist to indicate that she is both a nurse and a patient
-dead tired eyes both to represent hagdom and the fact that she is done with your shit
-small irises compared to the eyes to make her look a bit crazy
-Camel cigarettes, Jim's favorite
Finally for the name, I really like the suggestions given by @2DUM4U and @Scoots. The Nurse Ratched reference works on multiple levels. I changed it to Rratchet as a reference to the wrench that mods get under their name. Maybe we could put a little icon of her in bonk notifications and mod edits with a little blurb saying something like: Rratchet chan says "If you horny post again you'll get the enema tonight!"

Edit: I left the cursor in the screen shot like an idiot.

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
View attachment 36448View attachment 36449
Okay I looked over the suggestions here and this is what I cooked up as a concept sketch. Important elements:
-fox/rabbit elements for thread favorites Pippa and Kirsche
-hidden kiwis in the hair and calipers (maybe she could use them to measure something on her clipboard or practice phrenology on patients)
-pill armband
-chains on the neck and waist to indicate that she is both a nurse and a patient
-dead tired eyes both to represent hagdom and the fact that she is done with your shit
-small irises compared to the eyes to make her look a bit crazy
-Camel cigarettes, Jim's favorite
Finally for the name, I really like the suggestions given by @2DUM4U and @Scoots. The Nurse Ratched reference works on multiple levels. I changed it to Rratchet as a reference to the wrench that mods get under their name. Maybe we could put a little icon of her in bonk notifications and mod edits with a little blurb saying something like: Rratchet chan says "If you horny post again you'll get the enema tonight!"
I love it

I vote for the glasses version FBK approved

Top Bottom