"Shittu please! Shitto please! lol"Nekomata Okayu

Liveposting - LMAOOOOOOO's not included due to ongoing recession

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

JellyKusa

Early Adopter

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I logged in just to say, Astrogirl is a punch in the gut, Kiara. But, thanks. It's actually quite a happy song.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
well not at all surprising that Kiara sung big tears when she practiced it

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Oh, I was waiting for this one

Oh takamori, i will never forget you

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
I logged in just to say, Astrogirl is a punch in the gut, Kiara. But, thanks. He's actually quite a happy song.
It is and so is ChikuTaku, but their lyrics really become bittersweet after the fact.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

It is and so is ChikuTaku, but their lyrics really become bittersweet after the fact.
The complex emotions of a happy song with deeper context are always interesting. It's not something easy to replicate because it's the context that deepens it.

But, stream Astrogirl when you're in a rough spot. It's a great pick-me-up song.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

"Leaving on a jetplane" is actually a really good space for Kiara's voice. Interesting.

Edit: So Kiara's voice works well in a John Denver song first made popular by Peter, Paul and Mary. That's a weird place for her voice, haha.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I still find it hilarious that Kiss Me is the one song from that era that survived into popular consciousness. Okay, it was actually a bigger hit than I thought. Global top 10 in 1998 plus basically invented the Taylor Swift genre. It's always been catchy, but, yeah, wild that.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Kiara really said, I feel sad and I will make it everyones problem
Also that most sonng on that playlist are 2000s break-up songs is kinda funny

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

3D Live this weekend.

Apparently there's 2 rows of guests, but it's at least Reine, Sora(?), Anya, Nerissa and I'm not quite sure if that's Nerissa's hand or maybe a Suisei?

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
I spot:

Reine - Moona - Risu - Nerissa - Iroha

Bottom row I cant see shit

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Top looks like Reine, AZKi, Risu, Nerissa, and Iroha to me.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I spot:

Reine - Moona - Risu - Nerissa - Iroha

Bottom row I cant see shit
Oh, that's Iroha on the right, that makes sense. It's someone's head in a side angle shot, but I don't know the official images super well.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
I still find it hilarious that Kiss Me is the one song from that era that survived into popular consciousness. Okay, it was actually a bigger hit than I thought. Global top 10 in 1998 plus basically invented the Taylor Swift genre. It's always been catchy, but, yeah, wild that.

I had no idea what you were talking about, so I looked up a song called Kiss Me from 1998, found one from a group called Sixpence None the Richer, still not ringing any bells, listen to it, and holy shit I haven't heard this in... 26 years please kill me.

The song itself, especially seeing the members in the video, is so proto-indie pop and demonstrative of the weakest part of the late-90s it hurts. These kinds of people sucked back then, but now I hate them.

So yeah, thanks for that.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I had no idea what you were talking about, so I looked up a song called Kiss Me from 1998, found one from a group called Sixpence None the Richer, still not ringing any bells, listen to it, and holy shit I haven't heard this in... 26 years please kill me.

The song itself, especially seeing the members in the video, is so proto-indie pop and demonstrative of the weakest part of the late-90s it hurts. These kinds of people sucked back then, but now I hate them.

So yeah, thanks for that.
Haha.

It's a well constructed sappy, safe teenage romance song with a catchy lullaby cadence. Versions of that consistently get popular, it's just Kiss Me has some massive endurance. Mostly because it's exactly what Taylor Swift would spend a decade producing before her songs mostly became about terrible breakups. Probably shouldn't be missed that these things are related.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Haha.

It's a well constructed sappy, safe teenage romance song with a catchy lullaby cadence. Versions of that consistently get popular, it's just Kiss Me has some massive endurance. Mostly because it's exactly what Taylor Swift would spend a decade producing before her songs mostly became about terrible breakups. Probably shouldn't be missed that these things are related.

I agree, but I'm surprised it's had endurance, as I literally have not heard it since 1998.

I didn't check out of the main music scene until around 2002, but even then I wasn't hearing it. Maybe it later had a resurgence and is staple in some areas? Regardless, hit me with that type of nostalgia that at once reminds me of something mundane and meaningless, while also slightly annoying, but also the overwhelming sense of loss for a time long past, along with a generation that has gone sideways, and the ever encroaching fear of death.

Good songwriting, anyways.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Gura does a very nice rendition of it.

Top Bottom