"I was supposed to be a joke!!!"Sena Bonbon

HoloAdvent En3 Talent Discussion/Debut Thread

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Honestly is EN vtubing just pointless seeing how much larger than nip market is? The anglosphere is larger by headcount but I think the sheer fact that vtubing is normal and accepted in japan but a niche of a niche in the west will always keep it back over here. Maybe the dogs are onto something by pandering to nips?
Mainstream aside, the value for EN vtubing doesn't lie in crossover appeal alone, but also in terms of cultural cross-pollination. The western vtubing sphere and fans for it would exist regardless of Hololive English, and while the culture isn't necessarily nearly as mainstream as Japan is, the pure number of people who speak English compared to the people who speak Japanese is enourmous. That alone is enough of a reason to keep a foot in the market.

In other news, Shiori has released her new schedule, and people on /vt/ are sperging over it hard.
1691295800495.png

Yes, you've read that right. She's taking a break for a week and a half, starting on the 11th and ending the 21st.

Presumably it's something she couldn't cancel, like a vacation planned in advance. While it would be nice to see her stream more, I'm willing to sit and wait the ten days she'll be gone. But that isn't gonna stop numbermonkeys from going schizo over her "killing her growth".

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
If Bijou doesn't get Armored Core VI perms, so that she can style on everyone else, it will be an absolute travesty

and I am doubling down on that, if Bijou was on the EN side for the Pokemon Unite tournament, they would have a fighting chance at winning

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Mainstream aside, the value for EN vtubing doesn't lie in crossover appeal alone, but also in terms of cultural cross-pollination. The western vtubing sphere and fans for it would exist regardless of Hololive English, and while the culture isn't necessarily nearly as mainstream as Japan is, the pure number of people who speak English compared to the people who speak Japanese is enourmous. That alone is enough of a reason to keep a foot in the market.

In other news, Shiori has released her new schedule, and people on /vt/ are sperging over it hard.
View attachment 39655
Yes, you've read that right. She's taking a break for a week and a half, starting on the 11th and ending the 21st.

Presumably it's something she couldn't cancel, like a vacation planned in advance. While it would be nice to see her stream more, I'm willing to sit and wait the ten days she'll be gone. But that isn't gonna stop numbermonkeys from going schizo over her "killing her growth".
Like they fucking care, they hate her eitherway.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Kiara: "But girls, you aren't even really Japanese, you're Canad-"
Fuwamoco: "Baka! Buso! Usotsuki!"
I mean, what would you do if you had the choice between pretending to be Japanese and admitting to being Canadian?
There is a LOT of JP in the audience. I think the the fact they're straight up moe bilinguals is like catnip to them. I'm parsing some of the chatter and see a lot of praise.

View attachment 39646
Orange Woman BTFO

... you know, Kiara must know how much nips love moe. And she had a matching attitude for a long time. Right up until joining Hololive, in fact.

Her whole character is basically tailormade to repel nips. And she has to know this.

Talk about deciding to revamp one's life and identity, no matter the cost.
Honestly is EN vtubing just pointless seeing how much larger than nip market is? The anglosphere is larger by headcount but I think the sheer fact that vtubing is normal and accepted in japan
That's a bit optimistic, considering the shit that, for instance, Towa and Matsuri got when they were interviewed for some Apex thing.

It's a great deal more popular than in the west, of course, but there are plenty of Japs seething at vtubers. Not at specific vtubers, but at the medium as a whole.

Kind of similar to how weebs think that light novels are the height of Japanese literature (when in reality, there was lots of seething when a satire on the Isekai genre, JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World, was released by a serious publisher, which its clientele thought was degrading for the publisher). Or that the animation ghetto doesn't exist in Japan (it does).

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I mean, what would you do if you had the choice between pretending to be Japanese and admitting to being Canadian?

Orange Woman BTFO

... you know, Kiara must know how much nips love moe. And she had a matching attitude for a long time. Right up until joining Hololive, in fact.

Her whole character is basically tailormade to repel nips. And she has to know this.

Talk about deciding to revamp one's life and identity, no matter the cost.

That's a bit optimistic, considering the shit that, for instance, Towa and Matsuri got when they were interviewed for some Apex thing.

It's a great deal more popular than in the west, of course, but there are plenty of Japs seething at vtubers. Not at specific vtubers, but at the medium as a whole.

Kind of similar to how weebs think that light novels are the height of Japanese literature (when in reality, there was lots of seething when a satire on the Isekai genre, JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World, was released by a serious publisher, which its clientele thought was degrading for the publisher). Or that the animation ghetto doesn't exist in Japan (it does).
Only nips could get mad for "honor of the publisher" jesus christ I sometimes cannot stand oriental mentality.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Gravedigger

Most of the time, my own...
Early Adopter

View attachment 39655

I'm a numbermonkey, she is killing her growth.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
The seeming smash success of HL gen 3 unfortunately really highlights to me how mid Gen 2 was, hurts me to say this. The Niji EN discord leaks sucks to read but it wasn't wrong, and I wanna dispel the myth of HL's talent department never missing in their hiring.. I'm ok with Gen3 taking so long when this is the result.

Let's give em a few more months to see if their numbers are sustainable or if any of the new girls go schizo or turn out to be one trick ponies.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I see this fuck everywhere even in Rins stream of all places
Loves troon shark.
Perpetuates the Hatsune Miko invented Minecraft meme.
Calls herself a prince.
Trans colors mascot.

You should be shocked her stream doesn't attract more transflag posting.

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

View attachment 39655

I tought this was something she also did as an Indie? someone can confirm if she taked this breaks very often?

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Unless this "break" is an already paid vacation this looks like one bad habit that a lot of indies have or she wants to kneecap her growth on purpose because she doesnt wanna deal with a 5view chat and fanbase.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I'm happy to see breaks scheduled and advertised in advance on a fully public platform. The rest of En could learn from this example.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
The seeming smash success of HL gen 3 unfortunately really highlights to me how mid Gen 2 was, hurts me to say this. The Niji EN discord leaks sucks to read but it wasn't wrong, and I wanna dispel the myth of HL's talent department never missing in their hiring.. I'm ok with Gen3 taking so long when this is the result.

Let's give em a few more months to see if their numbers are sustainable or if any of the new girls go schizo or turn out to be one trick ponies.
This is a pretty revisionist POV that I think is caused by the Advent girls having more competent management that was able to guide the girls better. Council boasted similar numbers in terms of CCV. Their sub count would also match, but the Council girls lost literally tens of thousands to over a hundred thousand subs thanks to Susanry. Even live viewership for the Advent girls is winding down already, aside from FWMC who appeals heavily to JP and also has a huge boost from the novelty of twins.

Truth is, none of them are really doing anything new right now aside from the twins, despite what people are saying, and even then that is only because they are twins. It just feels fresh to people because they don't know these girls, yet. Even Shiori, who did almost exclusively chatting streams in the veins of Ame, has fallen back to almost entirely game streams her second week.

They are very much still in their honeymoon phase. They may attract some new people, but most of the same people who got bored of Holo over the 2 year gap will go back to being bored with Holo or chuubas in general once the newness wears off.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This is a pretty revisionist POV that I think is caused by the Advent girls having more competent management that was able to guide the girls better. Council boasted similar numbers in terms of CCV. Their sub count would also match, but the Council girls lost literally tens of thousands to over a hundred thousand subs thanks to Susanry. Even live viewership for the Advent girls is winding down already, aside from FWMC who appeals heavily to JP and also has a huge boost from the novelty of twins.

Truth is, none of them are really doing anything new right now aside from the twins, despite what people are saying, and even then that is only because they are twins. It just feels fresh to people because they don't know these girls, yet. Even Shiori, who did almost exclusively chatting streams in the veins of Ame, has fallen back to almost entirely game streams her second week.

They are very much still in their honeymoon phase. They may attract some new people, but most of the same people who got bored of Holo over the 2 year gap will go back to being bored with Holo or chuubas in general once the newness wears off.
When people realize they can't groom these girls they will go back to their 2views. But honestly, Holos will always be mass appeal, they can't really put out a chuuba with some super niche element that only 200 autists with that specific taste will watch religiously, indies will always fill that niche.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

"Smashing success" feels a little hyperbolic, other that FWMC, who are really only having about as much success as Irys had in the beginning, the other girls subs gains are starting to normalize and most of them are "only" at the 300k range, FWMC will probably reach 500k next week and whatever happens from there is a toin coss, if they manage to keep engaging the jp audience they could maintain the lvl of grow they have right now and really speedrun 1 million, but they could also flatten around 600-700k range like Irys did, the other girls are probably gonna normalize in the usual HoloEn range of 500-1k subscribers a day and 10k-15k a month around next week or the other and probably stay in 400k to 500k range for a while, all in all they are doing about as well as expected from Hololive and Hololive En.​

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
FUWAMOCO live, embrace the moe brain rot:

Not-Username

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
She did not ask for their consent.
Did she not learn anythink from vesper does she wants to be suspended?
Of course a white woman would violate the consent of dogs. Not surprising at all.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Judging from the extent of fanart I've seen of Nerissa's dump truck ass, I think she figured out a way to pull ahead of the unhinged goth gf in the coomer department. And if Shiori is anything like who she was as Natsumi, she'll probably keep the coomer shit somewhat well regulated. She's a femcel but iirc she was never really crossing the line, so maybe more on Kiara's level of permathirst.

Was I wrong bros? Should I have just went with the menhera goth gf?

Top Bottom