"You're such a fucking asshole! That is so nasty! You're fucking disgusting, eww you are so nasty! You're so gross, oh my god"Chikafuji Lisa (to Pippa)

HoloAdvent En3 Talent Discussion/Debut Thread

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
In Ame's last Twitch stream, she called Bijou her "oshi" and mentioned that she teared up a little bit listening to her cover. Looks like my hope of her getting along with Bijou may very well come true.

Both of them being the "indie 2views streamer who got picked over thousands of applicants" of their gen probably helps too.

Bonus clip:

Lovecraftsalot

Lurker Extraordinaire
I actually stopped commenting here because I was multitasking with Shiori in the background, it's interesting how 1 stream can change a person from "Weakest among her peers" to "On par or above".
I’m surprised how fast all of you turned compared to the debuts. I get she was nervous and all but damn this is a hell of a 180.

Even after that stream I’m not really feeling Shiori. Am I broken bros? Do I not recognize good content anymore?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I’m surprised how fast all of you turned compared to the debuts. I get she was nervous and all but damn this is a hell of a 180.

Even after that stream I’m not really feeling Shiori. Am I broken bros? Do I not recognize good content anymore?
I don't love or hate her either, I found the stream interesting but I was mainly referring to the other reactions here. You don't have to like every chuuba.

Not-Username

TL;Dr;DW after the first round of streams

Big Hololive w
Yagoo chaddest of chads
Holo accelerating with sheer quality over quantity

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

You are not the only one,still not convinced about her telling me things that i already knew about Caveman vtubing

Limkin

Viewers shifting around and finding new favorites is a healthy thing, for as long as you attract enough fanbase in-between new gens to maintain a satisfactory level for each existing member. Overall growth numbers seem to stagnate or plateau - well, now is a good time to bring some new blood as you probably reached the bulk of audience that existing members appeal to. Sure it would be cool if they streamed to 100k viewers each, but at this point even only reading superchats and ignoring the regular chat at all is way too much. And with introverts and imposter syndrom running rampant it's probably going to bring more bad than good. You have multiple vtubers admitting they don't want to grow anymore and are comfortable where they are. Instead of trying to push them out of a comfort zone just get more members and spread it around. The "Nijisanji model" is a retarded way of thinking where they assume that just because they release new streamers they will surely attract new audience and it hasn't been the case for at least a year (they published actual numbers in a report). Yet they still pump them out because of "trust in method" mindset, it worked for early to mid JP expansion so it must still work now for EN. What Cover does is actively trying to appeal to new demographics, while not ignoring just adding more good stuff.

And there is also an elephant in the room, if you are a successful indie or smaller corpo vtuber and you have the desire and talent to make it big then you want your new corpo to be a significant upgrade. An obvious choice is Hololive, while they might push mandated idol events it's like once a year and even tone deaf earraping members are still welcomed to the company (off topic but it wouldn't surprise me if Kiara tried to convince Nina to at least send an audition as being an actual member she knows exactly how much managers push for producing music related content). Skipping out Niji auditions waiting for your golden ticket if you are in a comfortable position is not that bad of an idea. So, while saying Nijisanji is scraping the bottom of a barrel is a severe overstatement... they are getting there. And at an alarming rate

Not-Username

Also Caitlyn only here in Holo to rail her oshi(s) :smugrys:

Screenshot_20230801-104058.png

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax

View attachment 38873

Wait Kiara doesn't hate Rings of Power?
:gunpeko:

I am a Kiara anti now; Orange Woman Bad, Graduate her now, she is ruining hololive, i have always hated her, what moron hired this bitch.

Am i doing it right or do i need to go study /vt?

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

For the record I was on board the moment she was confirmed to be Moe

No, as some people here said it's okay not to enjoy all chuubas. It also shows that you're not a drone that HAS to force themselves to like something even if it's from Holo and you have your own set of standards on things you enjoy.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
VOD watching. Not even an hour in and I'm not sure how we got from talking about OG vtubers to composing one's own music for RPG Maker games, but I'm digging it.

I told you she was perfect. But did you listen? Nooo.
Time to plug my other wife
:WHORE!!!:

Not her. You.

Gravedigger

Most of the time, my own...
Early Adopter
Currently trying to catch up on the recent streams. FuwaMoco are hard to listen to. I'm not sure if it's their voices or the way they speak( enunciation, pronunciation ), but I have to be extra attentive to make out what they are saying compared to the others.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Currently trying to catch up on the recent streams. FuwaMoco are hard to listen to. I'm not sure if it's their voices or the way they speak( enunciation, pronunciation ), but I have to be extra attentive to make out what they are saying compared to the others.
I have difficulties understanding them, too, and also did when they were GGN. Could be their mic setup, I had a very hard time understanding Mumei for the longest time until she changed her mic setup.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
In Ame's last Twitch stream, she called Bijou her "oshi" and mentioned that she teared up a little bit listening to her cover. Looks like my hope of her getting along with Bijou may very well come true.

Both of them being the "indie 2views streamer who got picked over thousands of applicants" of their gen probably helps too.

Bonus clip:

I for one look forward to the inevitable drama baiting about Ame "replacing" Gura with another blue themed loli :smugselen:

View attachment 38873

>doesn't hate rings of power
Sorry Nerissa but I just shorted my raven stonks, goth autist pulling ahead now

Limkin

I am getting an impression from Neririn that she is unironic yurifag. Or she is that deep into idol shit that the difference is blurred
Edit: She also has a massive coomer brain and gets all the references, even fucked up ones

Last edited:

Kalion

:)
I find Mococo easy to understand. Probably years of listening to JP and ESL streamers have tuned my ears. But the breathy voice Fuwawa puts on just makes her hard to make out, accent or not.

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Poke-terrorist, Chroneco is at it again.

foto_no_exif (49).jpg

Horo7618

No one in particular

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Last edited:

dragoonkain3

I'm pretty sure I was the first one here to warm up to Shiori, as I said before, during the collab she sounded much more the part when the nerves have settled down. Just glad people here aren't close minded - IMO, she still has the best 1st week schedule of the bunch and so deserves at least a second look.

(Still, I find it funny that Shiorin was all nerves during her debut when she has like 5x the streaming experience of Bijou, who was as calm as a rock)

And really, vtubing (or even streaming as a whole) is an acquired taste. I don't blame people still not liking Shiori - I mean, after all these years I can't listen to Kiara, Mori, or Fauna, even though Fauna's content is up to my tastes. If she's not vibing, no need to force yourself to like her.

If there's one thing Shiori needs to do, it's either to commit or not to the idea that collabs with males are a go. For example, Bae always said that her oshi is the Winning Son, and her backlash with the fans were practically non-existent when she finally did. Contrast with Kronii, where when she collabed with Tempus her fans was having a nuclear meltdown, the likes in which I hadn't seen since Amegeddon. And considering Shiori is much more clearly leaning into the GFE experience than any of the girls before her (ex. that bit about not knowing guys didn't wear 2 sets of underwear), she has to 'desensitize' her audience before it becomes a problem, if she ever wants to collab with her old clique again (which AFAIK are mostly male).

Top Bottom