"We all have a lot of 'primas' (Female cousin). We have a bunch of cousins. Those motherfuckers don't even know what a condom is"Banzoin Hakka

HoloAdvent En3 Talent Discussion/Debut Thread

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
You are not the only one,still not convinced about her telling me things that i already knew about Caveman vtubing
Confession Time :When Nobuhime came to Holo i used to think that her career was finished and that she just joined to farm money.Actually i was wrong,she got a second breath then i also realized how much of a shit company upd8 was and i love Polka a lot now.
So i dont know how bad Moe got used in her old persona because she could have been kneecaped by them.So im giving her a chance (1 year and no more)

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter
Watching Biboo VOD. She mentions management being aware of her speaking Thai and telling her to practice it more before talking with the Thai fans. Good Job, Manager-san. :shubaIapprob: We don't want a whale-whore incident this early.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

thirteenorphans

And considering Shiori is much more clearly leaning into the GFE experience than any of the girls before her (ex. that bit about not knowing guys didn't wear 2 sets of underwear), she has to 'desensitize' her audience before it becomes a problem, if she ever wants to collab with her old clique again (which AFAIK are mostly male).
Wait, not knowing or pretending not to know that guys don't wear boxers and briefs is GFE? I can't tell if this is unicorns raising or lowering their standards.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
sorry for being ignorant but wtf is nyfco
A site that compiles info on past lives. Used to be updated by the admin, but they have been laying low since Niji and Holo announced they were cracking down on such sites. It is mostly used as a discussion board for the twitter-brained fujos in the fanbase, particularly for Nijifans. Think /vt/ but all females instead of males.

Awoogers

A site that compiles info on past lives. Used to be updated by the admin, but they have been laying low since Niji and Holo announced they were cracking down on such sites. It is mostly used as a discussion board for the twitter-brained fujos in the fanbase, particularly for Nijifans. Think /vt/ but all females instead of males.
so its constant woman moment fujo bullshit and raging autism of /vt/ got it

The Rrat

Early Adopter
so its constant woman moment fujo bullshit and raging autism of /vt/ got it
If you are every bored, go check out Nina Kosaka's page and the Xsoleil page. Those are a trip and a half.

Awoogers

If you are every bored, go check out Nina Kosaka's page and the Xsoleil page. Those are a trip and a half.
ill remember that when im drinking it sounds fun

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

with the amount of salt pouring about Shiori in hyper-specific "she's not like other girls" ways, I feel like there are increasingly more women taking out their issues with [POPULAR CHUUBA] on /vt/ now more than ever

that and /cgl/ is leaking

Alternately, it's men pretending to be women pretending to be men all the way down, and that's even more horrifying to think about

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Apparently, the nijisisters over at Nyfco are loving Nerissa and especially Shiori.
:kiaragodno:
Are you surprised ? she is almost like them.They will turn into her antis the moment she collabs with a male they like.
Confession Time :When Nobuhime came to Holo i used to think that her career was finished and that she just joined to farm money.Actually i was wrong,she got a second breath then i also realized how much of a shit company upd8 was and i love Polka a lot now.
So i dont know how bad Moe got used in her old persona because she could have been kneecaped by them.So im giving her a chance (1 year and no more)
Giving her 6 months

Horo7618

No one in particular
Bijou Crunchy interview:
Couple tidbits: A bit of an artist (was thinking about getting into character design); Was aiming at getting into Hololive for a long time

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
The way Nerissa's voice spiked up when she saw Fauna in chat. Her fangirling over Marine and Kiara. The refusal to join Holotori because she knows 5 is the perfect group number and would rather remain a fan.

It's all so :kiarachefkiss:

I'm glad she said that she's similar to Ollie because I thought the same. She's a huge fan that worked incredibly hard and got her lucky break. She's also not so lowkey about being a weirdo (Imagine saying Sonic characters don't count as furry) and it's good content. I still have about an hour to go in this vod but I like her a ton already. Even more so for her cute rambling on The Smiths.

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
I’m surprised how fast all of you turned compared to the debuts. I get she was nervous and all but damn this is a hell of a 180.

Even after that stream I’m not really feeling Shiori. Am I broken bros? Do I not recognize good content anymore?
While I do think her voice doesn't fit the model, I don't think it matters much if they're really engaging/likeable.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Stunned But Dumb

Funny thing, I remember Kiara talking about being confused as to why her mom dislikes it and calls it "woke."

Limkin

Neririn did not read books and is movies only. She liked LotR, she liked Hobbit (she specifically mentioned how the common complaint about it being drawn out didn't bother her at all) and was desperately craving for anything related to the universe. She did say that while she enjoyed rings of power she thought it had problems and there were parts she didn't like, mentioning in particular how she didn't believe in spoilers about the main villain at first because it was a very stupid plot twist. It's just a classic case of "you know it's shit, but you watch it anyway because it tickles your funny". I wouldn't put too much thoughts into her "not disliking it"

VTuberBobDole

I know people don't like the 1 hour stream limitation for debut week that they've had in the past, but I can certainly understand its usefulness. All four streaming last night, overlapping quite a bit, including with other EN senpais too, and most close to or over 3 hours (except the poor twin doggos with EN curse/scuff). If you didn't catch any of it or only some, you are looking at like 10hrs of VODs of just the new girls. Trying to keep up with them and figure out who I vibe with and want to invest time in to is hard at those rates. And since they are newly debuted, they are grinding and doing this basically every night this week and probably for another 1 or 2 more at least. I was hoping to have time to feel them out, but already triaging and falling back on clips and dropping some I think, when I'd hoped to give them all more of chance and at least a week of full streams.

I think my first "downsize" will be Nerissa. Watched a bit of her stream last night and some clips, but seems like she is going to be doing some things to filter me. The swearing while minimal now seems like it will probably increase since she admitted to having a "sailor mouth". Maybe not surprising that Kiara is her oshi! But I have kids around who don't need to hear that and I don't talk that way normally either, so it throws me having them drop f-bombs and such all the time. (Also was a big reason Calli and Kiara filtered me right off the bat.) I was worried about the no-pan/bra thing and now her greenlight go ahead to R34 artists is probably going to attract the type of people in chat I don't really want to deal with too. I don't think she'll go full coomerbait or anything, but the thirsty orbiters are tough to deal with. Her singing is great though, so I'll at least keep an ear out for songs/covers by her and maybe karaokes. Too bad, because being a midwesterner her Ope called to me, but can't commit to her solely on that, surely, right?

This at least is nice to see from her though:

Some days feels like the entire internet is childfree people and absolutely despises them (maybe just too much reddit and twitterX), so it is nice to actually have someone talk positively about them. We might actually have vtubers this gen who are straight and want to have normal family units. Crazy!

The others I'm still working through. Shiori seemed interesting and fun, coming off much better in this stream than her debut. But if she leans too much in to the "I'm so quirky" thing, it could get tiring. FuwaMoco are cute, but if they fall back in to the voices they had as GGN which it feels they might, then I don't think I'll be able to stick to them long-term, same as it was when they were GGN. Right now the new gen sheen is on them along with the excitement of their resurrection, so at least I'm giving them another chance. Bijou I still don't have a good read on so I'll have to keep watching some more of her streams to see. I do like the cute voice/smol vtubers, but she is leaning in to the baby voice more than I like (basically at all). Not full Shondo, but may be too much for me as well. But I also enjoy the gamer/meme-y personality, so I'm giving it time to settle in.

While I have the above personal criticisms, I don't think any of them are bad and will find audiences with ease. I think they are filling in some new niches and/or niches that have been abandoned/slowed down on the EN side. For me, they all so far at least slot in to the "not oshi, but will tune in to them if they are on and I'm looking for something to watch" type tier like Bae, IRyS, Kaela, and some others are for me. But I don't know if any will click with me enough to jump into my high/oshi tier.

[Wow did not originally plan on this long of a post...]

21k people watching shiori be ESL

they really hit a home run

This is new gen buff, especially after a 2 years drought. I don't put much credence to their CCV until they've been going for a month or so and then we can see what they maintain.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Top Bottom