"A bunch of morbidly obese, dying retards hysterically screaming 'PEDOPHILE PEDOPHILE PEDOPHILE CHILD RAPIST PEDOPHILE' at each other while mutually masturbating to the same loli GFE"The Proctor

HoloAdvent En3 Talent Discussion/Debut Thread

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
The culling was definitely a part of it but IMO is not the reason sole reason council lagged behind in sub, a very good proof of it is Irys, she had an absolutely insane debut WITHOUT any culling, she reached 200k before debut, 300k during it and was at the time the fastest Holo to reach 500k, yet here we are 2 years later and she still hasn't reached a million and is around 500k subs aways from the lowest member of Myth, the tru is that and some point after Council debut EN grow slowed to a crawl compared to before, why? Well it could be many reason, the end of the vtuber boon is probably one of them or even could say some of the issues EN was facing at the time were to blame too, like I really loved council, but they struggled hard with adapting to being streamers at the beginning, Mumei was a student who we already struggled with keeping up her grades even before Holo, Kronii admitted that adapting to being a full time streamer was new to her and she was struggling and Sana had a laundry list of things that happened, not to mention Fauna had technical difficulties one after the other, plus being a perfectionist, she basically didn't do ASMR, her supposedly main content, for months due to it, only Bae really hit the ground running, now they are all IMO great in their own way but I do feel they failed to ride their own hype.​
3/4 of agree these issues also happen to other vtubers but they get around very quick so i dont know what happened.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
but I do feel they failed to ride their own hype.
I'd agree with this. It took a very long time for the girls to find their stride, I feel like 2021 wasn't good enough and they never recovered. Here's a question: how much of that is management's fault? Kronii seemed to get fucked over by her shitty manager ghosting her early last year, and we heard an absurd amount of complaints from basically all the Myth girls about project mismanagement thanks to management barring something and things just taking too long to manifest, in general. Gura, famously, shit on management for cockblocking her anime MV and seemingly kept rejecting parts of it, for example.

IRyS is probably the biggest case of mismanagement in EN, in general. Her songs were vomitted out and were pretty bad, aside from a few. She also had almost no input on them until towards the later half of 2022. That's disregarding how long it took them to give her a redesign, even though she had requested one not long after debut.

The thing is, sub numbers aside, CouncilRyS do as well as, or better than Myth girls in CCV and supas, depending on who you compare, nowadays. The issue right now is that everyone in EN's sub growth is stagnating, and that is not limited to CouncilRyS, it is happening to Myth, as well.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I think it was whoever had control over the girls' direct managers, because their immediate managers all seem to still be there since we still hear about the named ones from the Myth girls every once in a while.
/vt/ supposedly found this "Dimitri Jap" (yes that's his real name) guy on linkedin who is apparently the "Project director" in HoloEN and he was hired in december last year. People are saying this dude is Omega's replacement and has been the change that came to EN this year. This is all rrats and I cannot confirm any of it.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
/vt/ supposedly found this "Dimitri Jap" (yes that's his real name) guy on linkedin who is apparently the "Project director" in HoloEN and he was hired in december last year. People are saying this dude is Omega's replacement and has been the change that came to EN this year. This is all rrats and I cannot confirm any of it.
Yeah, but it is also entirely possible that Cover just never had a proper project manager before and just winged it as a team until begging the corpo Japs finally worked and they were allowed to hire someone dedicated to the role. We probably won't know what really happened for a long time.

Horo7618

No one in particular
The issue right now is that everyone in EN's sub growth is stagnating, and that is not limited to CouncilRyS, it is happening to Myth, as well.
Hence, the advent of Advent, I guess. It could give all of EN a lift, the same way Kobo did for ID, especially if one of them (FWMC....) really takes off.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
I'd agree with this. It took a very long time for the girls to find their stride, I feel like 2021 wasn't good enough and they never recovered. Here's a question: how much of that is management's fault? Kronii seemed to get fucked over by her shitty manager ghosting her early last year, and we heard an absurd amount of complaints from basically all the Myth girls about project mismanagement thanks to management barring something and things just taking too long to manifest, in general. Gura, famously, shit on management for cockblocking her anime MV and seemingly kept rejecting parts of it, for example.

IRyS is probably the biggest case of mismanagement in EN, in general. Her songs were vomitted out and were pretty bad, aside from a few. She also had almost no input on them until towards the later half of 2022. That's disregarding how long it took them to give her a redesign, even though she had requested one not long after debut.

The thing is, sub numbers aside, CouncilRyS do as well as, or better than Myth girls in CCV and supas, depending on who you compare, nowadays. The issue right now is that everyone in EN's sub growth is stagnating, and that is not limited to CouncilRyS, it is happening to Myth, as well.

Is very hard for me to just put all the blame on management specially when many of the issue you mention are related more to behind the scene projects instead of streaming, ultimately management couldn't do anything to help Mumei deal with her undiagnosed ADHD, or resuscitate Sana's dog and fix her back, I also think the whole En shits on management all the time is getting a little blown out of proportion the only time I remember Kiara complaining was that one time she was passive aggressive after the release of Sparks, and we really don't know why Gura Mv was being rejected, ultimately I just think both the talents and management failed to grasp how much work keeping up with what En had become would be, its a full time job but I think everyone was under the impression it wouldn't have to be, and during 2022 and they all were hit with sudden realization that this would require way more man power they realized.

With Irys IMO she was an experiment that IMO failed, at least in the angle of she being a "Vsinger" pigeon holing her into this role and wanting for her to be a music bot that just spit out music on demand was a stupid idea, it both burned out Irys mentally and her health and also honestly accomplish very little, with her music never making the splash they were hoping, the hole redesign thing I honestly dont know, be reading between the lines it looks like they were some thing Irys wanted changed that management wouldn't budge on, the main one we know of is the horns, En management seems to be obsessed with maintaining Irys/Project Hope branding which probably makes everything harder than it needs to be, part of me wonder if they completely abandoned the whole Vsinger thing and Irys is just a regular Vtuber to them now and that's why she hasn't released anything new in like 7 months.​

Hence, the advent of Advent, I guess. It could give all of EN a lift, the same way Kobo did for ID, especially if one of them (FWMC....) really takes off.

My biggest worry is tho, is HoloAdvent bringing any actual new fans? how many people form the 300+ subscribers they are bringing weren't already subscribed to the other girls? I think this is the biggest issue HoloEn faces right now is that they are the celling of Vtubing, other companies are basically trying to convince Holo fans to watch them instead, meanwhile Holo is the one who actually has to find a way to get new fans into vtubing in general, and I honestly have no idea how they would go about doing that, I fear advent is basically just doing what small corpos have been doing and just beggin Myth and council fans to subscribe to them too instead of finding a new audience.​

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
I really wish i couldve catch them live yesterday. I am fucking sold. Fuwawa and mococo are the best things that couldve happened to hololive. As an old infamous member would say. That was a WONDROUS debut. FUWAMOCO LOVE
It really was a great debut, I'm tickled for the twins. I really didn't know much about them at all till I saw them being shilled ITT and checked them out and loved their cuteness and antics. Then they got graduated not long after and it left a bad taste for me just because of the way it happened and this is like a dream to them instead of just a comfy job.
This is the first time I've seen idol/s I already knew and liked before their graduation, come back under the holo umbrella, and get their shot. Yagoos home for broken girls isn't just a meme, God bless that mild mannered japanese man.

Horo7618

No one in particular
part of me wonder if they completely abandoned the whole Vsinger thing and Irys is just a regular Vtuber to them now and that's why she hasn't released anything new in like 7 months.​
That would be just as much of a stupid waste as their previous quantity not quality approach. I hope (ha!) they're spending some time to actually work with her on something a bit better, but who knows that might just be 🌈

The Rrat

Early Adopter
That would be just as much of a stupid waste as their previous quantity not quality approach. I hope (ha!) they're spending some time to actually work with her on something a bit better, but who knows that might just be 🌈
I thought we were gonna get an EP during her anniversary, tbh. She seems to have to do a lot of recording and just got done with a bunch last weekend. Still holding out for good news on this front, as well.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
If Holo's management has been so terrible then imagine how much worse Niji management is that they are dropping like flies and Holo has only graduated one talent (for most likely non-management related reasons).

Username Required

It's still real to me!
Early Adopter
I liked the twins. Twins good. Fuwawa's voice is like EN Mel. Very pleased. The weird unicorn pledge at the end was cringey though. bau bau
mel abyss-min.png

Username Generator

Early Adopter
My biggest worry is tho, is HoloAdvent bringing any actual new fans? how many people form the 300+ subscribers they are bringing weren't already subscribed to the other girls? I think this is the biggest issue HoloEn faces right now is that they are the celling of Vtubing, other companies are basically trying to convince Holo fans to watch them instead, meanwhile Holo is the one who actually has to find a way to get new fans into vtubing in general, and I honestly have no idea how they would go about doing that, I fear advent is basically just doing what small corpos have been doing and just beggin Myth and council fans to subscribe to them too instead of finding a new audience.
They could try this one timezone, where almost no one from Holo streams. Where some small brit recently found lots of success. Lots of potential there for a new audience
:smugselen:
Who am i kidding, they are already fighting with myth and council over the same 6 hours

Username Required

It's still real to me!
Early Adopter
Who am i kidding, they are already fighting with myth and council over the same 6 hours
That seems to be a management thing though. "Oh man, wouldn't it be great if we had them do a back to back relay everyday for the next week?!". I'm sure that the talent's themselves will actually find their own, completely new and different, schedules to avoid overlap 🌈

You guys do realize that as we get more ENs we are gonna have more and more overlap right?
yes, hence the rainbow. it's fine though, I only need to catch the twins and grandpa if when he comes back.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
That seems to be a management thing though. "Oh man, wouldn't it be great if we had them do a back to back relay everyday for the next week?!". I'm sure that the talent's themselves will actually find their own, completely new and different, schedules to avoid overlap 🌈
You guys do realize that as we get more ENs we are gonna have more and more overlap right?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
They could try this one timezone, where almost no one from Holo streams. Where some small brit recently found lots of success. Lots of potential there for a new audience
:smugselen:
Cover is afraid of Idol and doesn't want to compete directly.

Aviel will rule the EU market and nothing, especially no lowly Austrian chicken, will stop him.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Cover is afraid of Idol and doesn't want to compete directly.

Aviel will rule the EU market and nothing, especially no lowly Austrian chicken, will stop him.
Man, I remember the last time the Jews and the Austrians had disagreements, heck of a time

Horo7618

No one in particular
The really weird thing is the debuts were scheduled at a pretty "fuck EST" sort of time, especially on Sunday. But the Week 1 schedule is basically EST primetime. Can anyone make that make sense?

VTuberBobDole

The really weird thing is the debuts were scheduled at a pretty "fuck EST" sort of time, especially on Sunday. But the Week 1 schedule is basically EST primetime. Can anyone make that make sense?

Maybe they tried to slot it in to a batter time to catch JP viewers? They figured the US/EN audience is already pretty captive and weren't worried too much about getting them. But they are a JP company and they think their bread is buttered there, so by having those hours maybe they could pull some JP-nikis over to the EN side as well.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Maybe they tried to slot it in to a batter time to catch JP viewers? They figured the US/EN audience is already pretty captive and weren't worried too much about getting them. But they are a JP company and they think their bread is buttered there, so by having those hours maybe they could pull some JP-nikis over to the EN side as well.
It didn't seem like a particularly great time for JP though - that was during the day on Monday when you'd expect everyone except neets to be at school/work.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
The second set of debut was terrible for jp viewers tho, I think it was middle of the day on a monday

Top Bottom