"Sleeping is just like a free trial version of death you know what I'm saying?"Axel Syrios

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
They made the game open-world, the PC optimization is questionable, the combat got a revamp that people seem to pretty much either like or hate (with 9:Empires' being somewhat more liked), Koei did as Koei does and locked several officers' signature weapon types behind DLC, and so on. They also did the same monetization model as they did with Dead or Alive 5 and 6, where you get the skeleton of the game free as sort of a demo, then can buy officers (along with their story mode and online mode access) separately or buy a pack with all the season passes + officers.
To add on to that, they were finally on the right track with DW8 by having unique weapons for each character (though some characters got the shorter end of the stick by getting stuck with the more generic weapons), and then for DW9 they ruined all of that by going back to clone weapons.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Gun ttrpg starting in 10 minutes.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
From Suisei's stream with her indie friends, looks like she's expanding to TikTok with their help.

This is pretty interesting. Suisei will be paying both of them under an already-signed contract. One of them will help with video editing and keep up with trends. But they've admitted the other one is outright going to be using Suisei's 3D model for the stuff they upload. Obviously Cover must have approved (it's hard to imagine them saying no to Suisei or Suisei actually taking no for an answer) but it's intriguing that she went about this on her own rather than have Cover manage the TikTok account for her.

It makes sense to go with old trusted friends vs company employee #4023 but I gotta give comet woman props for actually doing it :shubaIapprob:

That said, not even Suisei can convince me to make a TikTok account :botanheadshake:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Her fucking model still triggers my tism and i still cant put my finger on why, the eyes look too wierd in motion

It almost looks like someone adding a purposefuly janky or gross "realistic" style to genero anime faces
Reminds me of this
rosine.PNG

Also time for Rie, incase anyone isn't in the Pippa thread

Last edited:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Capture.JPG
15 minutes in, and Rie is already going to be the proud owner of a lawn mower.

God's Strongest Dragoon

It's entirely possible we'll see an establish NijiEN member drop after the next contract cycle and just go indie or Vshoujo. There's probably a lot more money to be made making that move, if they want to stay a full time streamer.
Imagine the meltdown if an established NijiEN jumped ship and joined Hololive, like Selen deciding she wants to hang with her friend, Mumei. I doubt that would ever happen (even though what happened with Moruru) but it's hilarious to consider.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Templeton

Find your own damn thesaurus!

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

Abomination

What's the lore behind this. She was just talking about mowing the neighborhood, this seems eccentric
One of her older streams was playing Lawn Mower Simulator, and it was pretty funny. The highlight video of it was actually the first thing I ever watched from her, and it was great:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Gun ttrpg starting in 10 minutes.

>Kronii immediatly mogs vesper with her hat
this stream will either be giga cringe or kino

Huh, looks like Cover is making their own stream animations using their 3d models and tech now

Last edited:

Abomination

Tuned in to have the stream in the background of Rie's birthday stream, and I notice Nasa's got an on screen translator like Michi now! Of course, it's not going to be perfect, but that's great that she has this now to at least allow non-Japanese speaking viewers (me) to have some context to what she's saying. Happy to see that for her.

Ensok

Early Adopter

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
birthday tako by @JAZZ_JACK_KHT.jpg

(slightly early) Happy birthday to the Tako Queen!

Ensok

Early Adopter
Why is Vesper's accent so good?

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Why is Vesper's accent so good?
Because he's actually lived as a hobo chef with a legendary one-of-a-kind weapon.

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
:vomitdrawer:Don't let Vomit-Drawer-Gate distract you from Shiina time today!:sakanapleasepippa::shiinastare:

Have not watched yet, but I watched the last 2 parts and can highly recommend. I hardly watch archived streams these days (or live for that matter), but this and her fast food deep dive streams has got me liking Shiina more and more.

It's got to be about 20 years since I played this game, so being able to follow along without knowing the answer to all the puzzles immediately was nice, and of course hearing her reaction to the dialogue.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom