"Oh you don't like feet? I'm gonna make you love feet"S.S. Isa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I probably have the opposite opinion from everyone here when it comes to new gen, though my reaction was mostly being puzzled instead of whining. Basically, I'm just puzzled on why it's taking them so long.

I'll just summarize my points here:
  • It's true HoloEN isn't as popular as before and their metrics have been declining, but debuting a new gen would have been one of the methods to help them gain attention, it literally happened to ID branch (ID3 is still their best performing gen)
  • They are still having permanent audition, why do that if they have no plans on expanding? Might as well stick to only putting up audition when they need new talents like what they did before. (remember when we shit on VShojo for putting up audition even though they clearly has no plans on expanding?)
  • Some of the girls have actually mentioned they would like kouhais (I only have second-hand information on this, but apparently Fauna mentioned this in one of her member streams)
  • Remember that time when almost everyone is in EN was either sick, busy and/or on-break? Scenario like this will just happen more in the future.
  • Many people do not like to hear this, but they still need to prepare for the worst-case scenario where a talent graduated or got terminated

hylic

Aoi Moi (pippa brother) streaming mario kart. He just got monetization today.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Personal rrat involving HoloEN3 or any other wave frankly.

I expect they will come eventually but I think they got smart and put all new streamers on hold to build their infrastructure up so they could actually support more chuuba's. We know the 3d studio is constantly booked months in advance and they probably have a few other areas that are stretched trying to keep up with the existing output and that was well Japan was locked down and EN and ID weren't technically in the picture for taking up resources.

We know they are expanding the 3d studio so I'd expect until that is closer to finished we won't hear much about new waves.
And since I just typed that expect silhouettes to be dropped in a week

Whatever holoearth is supposed to end up as, the process of making it has become a human resources wormhole where people just vanish and never come back. I've started to doubt if the thing will be ever be finished.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Why is HoloEN3 taking so long?Because they want the best of the best to avoid having shitstirrers like Kyo in Nijisanji
They also are problaby waiting to find Marie Curie Reincarnation
1683603066246.jpeg

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Whatever holoearth is supposed to end up as, the process of making it has become a human resources wormhole where people just vanish and never come back. I've started to doubt if the thing will be ever be finished.
I suspect Holoearth is just an over hyped video game/mmo with heavy emphasis on social interactions.

we already saw some of what VR can do for Talents (ninji went hard on it as i recall) will be interesting to see the final product but i doubt it's that much of a sink as much as it takes time to craft that kind of thing from scratch.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
what a finale
(warning, loud)

Last edited:

kestraline

Early Adopter
1683603583841.png

Airi is going through vtuber scents with Lia. Lia suggests oil for Erina, but Airi had suggested Deez Nuts.

Lia then asks if they are allowed to say Deez Nuts.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I'm just seeing the numbers that fighting game is pulling currently on steam. When you add up what the holocure dude has going on as well, I have to wonder if Le Deep End AAA engrossing multi-meta Experience tm strategy was the right choice; Or, they should've picked a grassroots fan-backed strategy where you have a stream of coding and art savants pulling out dispersed gems that people gravitate to organically.

e: I'm sure there's a team out there that can reskin a racing game engine and voila! None of us have to sit through another. fucking. mario kart. tournament ever again.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Hey @superduper, Lia said you smell like salty coins and milk on Airi's stream. You got anything to say about that?

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Don't you guys also feel a bit excited when you know there's going to be a shakeup to the status quo?

A status quo shake-up doesn't always mean a good thing. At a certain point, adding more to an already over-brimming pot becomes reductive rather than additive. I like Cover/Holos more measured approach at giving gens room to breath and grow/develop. The fact that they're backed off this long from any additional EN gens (StarsEN is a separate matter) has actually given previously ignored sectors such as ID a fighting chance for EN attention that the gals from that group certainly took the reins and ran with. Council, for that matter, was pretty shaky for a while particularly in the immediate wake of Sana's graduation but the girls have actually coalesced together with IRyS since then and feel far more solid streamers as a group and individually since then.

DaddyChill

What the hell is even that!
Early Adopter

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
I suspect Holoearth is just an over hyped video game/mmo with heavy emphasis on social interactions.

we already saw some of what VR can do for Talents (ninji went hard on it as i recall) will be interesting to see the final product but i doubt it's that much of a sink as much as it takes time to craft that kind of thing from scratch.
It's literally just Holo Genshin Impact, so they can play Genshin while flipping off China.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I'm just seeing the numbers that fighting game is pulling currently on steam. When you add up what the holocure dude has going on as well, I have to wonder if Le Deep End AAA engrossing multi-meta Experience tm strategy was the right choice; Or, they should've picked a grassroots fan-backed strategy where you have a stream of coding and art savants pulling out dispersed gems that people gravitate to organically.

e: I'm sure there's a team out there that can reskin a racing game engine and voila! None of us have to sit through another. fucking. mario kart. tournament ever again.
Maybe it's japanese autism or retardation but they're leaving so much money on the table by not licensing such games, all they have to do is sign as publishers and let the autist devs go to town on it, holocure at 5 bucks a pop would've net them a million at least. The only reason I can see them not licensing or making games with the talents is because if one of them goes full rushia and has to be memory holed for legal reasons I suppose and lets be honest the fan games are more fun than their walking simulator they put out.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

niggaphil

Lia then asks if they are allowed to say Deez Nuts.
Even Lia has to shit on the recent Deez Nuts incident. I am not sure if I should cry or laugh :whatastory:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

The Scream Guy

Genuinely Mentally Handicapped
Wrong, can't even get your slang right fucking tard.

Apuesto a que eres algún simio de Chapultepec o quién sabe dónde.

Somos muchos bro, pero acá solo saben Inglés así que no se va a notar.

¿Podrías violar bebés?
Por favor, empieza a hablar inglés como buen latinx.

Chupame la pija

Yo espero que esten usando "latinx" ironicamente, por que si no, de verdad hay mucho maricon escondido por aqui.

¿Por que no cuatro?
I don't speak taco can someone translate

VTuberThrow

Wow JP FGC are taking this game seriously
One of the JP FGC kusoge guys I follow on twitter (Kamoihito) has been retweeting stuff about it. I knew he'd love it but I'm surprised to see people like Kazunoko, Sugi, and a few other sponsored JP anime FGC guys get into it. Probably helps the devs have been so responsive with fixing bugs and just very welcoming to feedback from people and the Hololive talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom