"Bae, you come back here. You're not as flat as I thought you were; You lied about your tofu size"Mori Calliope

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short

God Damn the Sun
True.

But at the same time, critique should come from a place of superiority, or at least objectivism.

What I see here isn't critique or commentary. It's an emotional diatribe being poured out by people who are outraged that a random semi-drunk person said something weird and incoherent about the object of their parasocial fascinations, which they won't even drop or let go of after said oshi said it was fine, because 'SHE DOESN'T KNOW THE DEPTHS OF THIS BETRAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL'.

For every one person content to just go 'this was dumb and I think this guy was dumb' and leave it at that, I see two or three with the above reaction. If this had resulted in something like a spontaneous graduation, I'd understand. But this is so unbelievably overblown it makes everyone involved come across as unhinged and obsessive.
It seems like Pippa's fanbase dislikes Merryweather and is using this as an opportunity to criticize him, even though the incident was minor. It's interesting to see how some people here are more worked up about this than on /vt/

SaejimaHaruka

He's definitely thinking about shoving that thing into his urethra.

Cap1ture.PNG
My sweet Jesus Christ... Nords' ancestors are smiling at them, and I cannot say the same.

Speech To Text

Regardless if merrys take is stupid or correct, providing money doesn't entitle you to immunity to comments or criticism.
This forum attacks fanbases constantly.
Some people here should come off of their high horse and hypocrisy.
Theres a difference between someone here or any other forum/image board talking shit on a community vs a streamer saying the same thing to people that are connected to other big content creators. Us saying Pippa's fans are retarded schizos doesn't hurt anyone. Merry telling three people with decently sized fanbases and connections to many other Vtubers that her fans are far right anti-trans could hurt her ability to collab with those people.

While saying all that, I doubt Merry saying all that will cause anything. Its just fun to talk shit when someone does something this stupid.

Not-Username

That fact that you even suggest merry take isn't fucking stupid when the dumbass immediately nuked as much as they could (because everyone knows it) makes me severely question your actual motive here.

Also your part of this site too by merrys reasoning your as much to blame for the shit the worst of us do as they are. might wanna get off your own hypocrisy there bud.
I don't know or care what he said. I just watched the reactions here.
My comment was directed at the statement of "they pay her so he must not talk shit about them".

I didn't conflate the members into one entity. I still stand by it that my impression of some here is that they have overinflated egos.
I like to see that as objective observation as I don't have any horse in that race. But if that makes me a hypocrite in your eyes then so be it.

@The Proctor overblown reactions in TVA?!
Business as usual then :smugpipi:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Regardless if merrys take is stupid or correct, providing money doesn't entitle you to immunity to comments or criticism.
This forum attacks fanbases constantly.
Some people here should come off of their high horse and hypocrisy.
What we, or any other community on Reddit/4chan/Twitter/Whatever, do is irrelevant unless direct harassment is involved. This retard shouldn't be talking shit about a fellow streamer in a collab stream. That puts everyone there in an awkward position of either letting it happen or telling the dumbass to STFU and also risks breaking TOS on whatever site they are streaming on. That's the big difference between what Merry did here and Pippa's "Asuka cosplayer" comment, as well, which was not even made on-stream.

And I say all this as someone who dislikes Pippa.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Wemi survived her jungle sickness

Archive

Last edited:

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
True.

But at the same time, critique should come from a place of superiority, or at least objectivism.

What I see here isn't critique or commentary. It's an emotional diatribe being poured out by people who are outraged that a random semi-drunk person said something weird and incoherent about the object of their parasocial fascinations, which they won't even drop or let go of after said oshi said it was fine, because 'SHE DOESN'T KNOW THE DEPTHS OF THIS BETRAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL'.

For every one person content to just go 'this was dumb and I think this guy was dumb' and leave it at that, I see two or three with the above reaction. If this had resulted in something like a spontaneous graduation, I'd understand. But this is so unbelievably overblown it makes everyone involved come across as unhinged and obsessive.
But Proctor it was aired live to thousands of people, it went well beyond the "Couple of drunk room temp iq fags talking shit". Besides deleting the VOD and going to fake apologize to people is far from the first thing a drunk man does. What he usually does is crash on a couch and let the tomorrow him deal with the consequences.

Nobody brought up Pippa but Merry in the most forced way
Merry was lucid and sober when he told his shit
Merry chose to laugh it off instead of taking responsibility for anything that came out of his crooked british mouth
And Pippa decided to forgive him (<--- THE MOST INFURIATING PART)

Piarro

Early Adopter
And Pippa decided to forgive him (<--- THE MOST INFURIATING PART)
Seethe. And do it in the Pippa thread next time.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
My comment was directed at the statement of "they pay her so he must not talk shit about them".

I didn't conflate the members into one entity. I still stand by it that my impression of some here is that they have overinflated egos.
I like to see that as objective observation as I don't have any horse in that race. But if that makes me a hypocrite in your eyes then so be it.

I don't care that Merry hates us. The feeling is mutual. Do you not think it's wrong to on multiple occasions, publicly shit talk the fans of your so called friend? I know Pippa would never ask for a collab from Niji, but if there ever was a chance for one, that could have killed it. It also puts Pippa in a difficult situation where to some people it looks like she is just letting her friend make fun of her community, and it's not just banter. We know he doesn't like them. That's not something you want as a streamer.

Early Adopter
And do it in the Pippa thread next time.
Never seen a man so eager to janny up. Leave an application next time, heard proctor pays his jannies twice as much as anywhere else

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
True.

you mean mine? I'm pretty sure most people here are summing it up as dumb idiot was dumb and an idiot but also don't insult peoples fanbases. anyone yelling betrayal is playing up the extreme .

"this forum attacks fanbases constantly" is acting as if we are one entity we can't even agree if nolan is a thread worthy lolcow. and is actually drowned upon by most here the whole point is to OBSERVE.

if you see people touching shit from here point and laugh,

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
But Proctor it was aired live to thousands of people, it went well beyond the "Couple of drunk room temp iq fags talking shit". Besides deleting the VOD and going to fake apologize to people is far from the first thing a drunk man does. What he usually does is crash on a couch and let the tomorrow him deal with the consequences.

Once again, the issue is not what he did.

THE ISSUE IS THAT YOU ARE MAKING YOURSELVES LOOK LIKE DROOLING MONGOLOIDS.

I don't care if you want to defend your oshi. I care when you look like an idiot while doing it.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter

Early Adopter
Once again, the issue is not what he did.

THE ISSUE IS THAT YOU ARE MAKING YOURSELVES LOOK LIKE DROOLING MONGOLOIDS.

I don't care if you want to defend your oshi. I care when you look like an idiot while doing it.
Its a public forum, where else do we act like drooling mongoloids?

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Oh so business as usual. Might be time for some inmates to take their meds.gura meds.jpg

Edit: Apparently a mere 2 hour long exposure to Matsuri may cause instances of lewd thoughts

Last edited:

Mehk

The KR Pirate captain of Niji is having her 2 year countdown stream now.

The KR money money money Fairy Niji is also doing a 2 year thing in soon minutes, she'll also be reading marrows.

Meno from PRISM is doing another crafting stream, wonder if she's going to continue making her outfit or do something else.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

RhoasJonas

Capippalist
There's always a solution.

Toreador4536

Damn, Merry might be just some annoying and unfunny Scandi twink, but I guess that's all it takes to make pippafags start pissing and crying. The dude just said some unfunny shit and deleted it as an attempt to "avoid drama" like the bitch he is, just point and laugh instead of embracing your own inner sissy and throwing a fit over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom