"Remember chat: people get mad if you say futa. You need to say 'ladyboy from Thailand'"Amanogawa Shiina

Yuri and Phase Connect seperation thread

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
The wording seems like they found out she was doing a big no no in her contract and she probably thought it wasn't a big deal. They had a sitdown during contract renewal season, yuri told them that part of the contract was bullshit, both parties never came to an agreement and well fishman decided to pull the plug. I know for the fans it's hard but fishman isn't running a charity here, just like yagoo, you have to put your foot down and send a message to the other talents. If the reason was bullshit you'll see other girls jumping ship in the future but if not it was something the others agreed or couldn't argue against.
Yeah, im still waiting for her side of things but this seems much better handled than what happened with Zion tho.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
The wording seems like they found out she was doing a big no no in her contract and she probably thought it wasn't a big deal. They had a sitdown during contract renewal season, yuri told them that part of the contract was bullshit, both parties never came to an agreement and well fishman decided to pull the plug. I know for the fans it's hard but fishman isn't running a charity here, just like yagoo, you have to put your foot down and send a message to the other talents. If the reason was bullshit you'll see other girls jumping ship in the future but if not it was something the others agreed or couldn't argue against.

Well, there's going to be plenty of speculation (as in your post) for sure, but I don't think anyone is blaming Fish for anything yet.

Some of the commenters to this post are quite histrionic… Oh no, a graduation of a single member who had been there a year! PC is clearly a black company!

Also, Pippa just retweeted the PC announcement without commentary.

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Koefficient will lose his shit over this.

Hmm. Weird. This is so fucking weird especially after she got a fucking model rework.

Going back to my whole rrat about the manager thing I thought would happen if a talent stops being a talent only to become a manager, does she have to officially graduate?

As for the contract, I do remember Sakana talking (pretty sure it was with Yuri on the interview she did) about one of the more important things was for the company to have the rights of the character (guessing as to have something or hold some kind of power over the talents themselves). Guessing Lumi and Yuri gave the rights of their characters for maybe a higher cut of the profit?

Depends on what exactly got breached. Maybe she can't stream anymore? Doesn't she live at her house with her parents? Maybe they are pushing her to go to college and shit (asians going to asian).
Corporations always try to get as many rights as possible. Decades the music industry fucked over musicians with bad contracts, Vince McMahan fucked over many with bad contracts and we are seeing it here.

If someone makes a model or has inherited it, they have every right to fight for keeping it in contract negotiations. Yes it is part of the "business" for the company, but that is also true for the talent.

While it's speculation, she might be done completely. It would be shitty if she had to start from scratch just because Phase is holding onto their "property". I would feel differently if they built it, and owned it from scratch. But that's not the case here.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Archive

I choose to believe this is an official statement on the matter.

Edit 2: Twitter archive: https://archive.ph/RD4K5
1682315146718.png
Honestly kinda depressing looking at these with hindsight. Almost like a dying man's deathbed words.

Yeah, im still waiting for her side of things but this seems much better handled than what happened with Zion tho.
Depends how the final video goes, in my eyes. The Zaion statement listing off even trivial infractions felt petty, but this more vague statement leaves room for rrats to breed.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Well, there's going to be plenty of speculation (as in your post) for sure, but I don't think anyone is blaming Fish for anything yet.

Also, Pippa just retweeted the PC announcement without commentary.

All the girls are surprisingly radio silence, I guess its either a company mandate to keep quiet or they all don't want to comment on it right now, also I doubt this comes as a shock to any of the girls assuming this has really been going for a couple days at least according to the announcement so surprising none of them hinted or even did some sad vagueposting leading up to this.

the fact they are specially calling attention to giving people a refund on the PC fund make me wonder if its related to that or money in general.

Depends how the final video goes, in my eyes. The Zaion statement listing off even trivial infractions felt petty, but this more vague statement leaves room for rrats to breed.
that kind of always the case, pick you poison kinda deal, either throw the person in question under the bus and seem petty or angry, or say little and allow rrats to brew freely, I doubt the video is gonna be more that a farewell and an apology to her fans for leaving specially since assuming management will approve it first.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Do you think an event thread is in order?
Someone should start paging up the jannies
I mean I can move it to a thread but can't have it as a banner meaning people will continue to post it in here. I could just move it all too later in the morning when more people are getting on in the morning. I wouldn't worry too much about discussing it here for now.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I, for one, am not looking forward to the exceptional individuals on twitter taking their pound of flesh in the quote tweets

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
For the sake of documentation, Sakana made an additional comment when sharing the link in the Phase-Connect Discord server, asking people not to ask the talents about it, out of respect for Yuri.

1682315698667.png

EDIT: This has nothing to back it up and I haven't heard this rumour personally, but a recent reddit post claims she was taking personal donations to bypass Phase's cut. This feels like an unsubstantiated rrat so take with a grain of salt.

1682315938601.png
Archive

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Some YT archives at uploadable filesizes:

GO get waved at 👋.

Thank you. I think I will. I wasn't a huge Yuri fan but I did always like what I saw from her and I just am a PC fanboy in general, so this is sad to see.

anyone that wants to bring up yubi in chinchilla's chat, consider the following:

don't

Let's laugh at anyone who does though.

Edit: God damn it.

chinchilla.png

USS IOWA

I just took a shit and this happened, April really is a cursed year being the 4th month and all

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
You know maybe she was auditioning to holo and niji or even idol while being in pc. It wouldn't be too out there to put a clause in the contract to forbid the talents from pulling a rosemi and leaving you high and dry. I'd find it very stupid of her to torch her career over something very stupid after she got a new model and was seem to be doing fine but then I remember how rushia killed her career like 2 weeks before a huge event for her and her company, so maybe yuri flew too close to the sun in that regard.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Agreed. Though I think Phase worded it badly. The use of Termination makes it sound like she was fired, and not that it was a lapse in contract due to breakdown in negotiations. People are reading that one word and spinning rrats immediately. You're already seeing people on /vt/ comparing Idol to Phase saying "3 graduations is not as bad as one termination".

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter

Kalion

:)
Yuri never mentally recovered from the backlash of her switching to mostly reaction content, huh?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
EDIT: This has nothing to back it up and I haven't heard this rumour personally, but a recent reddit post claims she was taking personal donations to bypass Phase's cut. This feels like an unsubstantiated rrat so take with a grain of salt.

View attachment 21778
Archive
Oh shit, now THAT would be a hell of a way to fuck up. I could totally understand Sakana being pissed over that if it's true.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Top Bottom