"Ok, scientifically, do you know where the clitoris is?"Skye Shinryu

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
[Great news]Amiya downloaded more RAM and has more Star Trek watching in her plans
ami_fun.png

Buckos be wildin'
FuUn4zFXsAArlSR.jpg

Ami's new outfit is so cool!
FuWR2F-aAAA457Q.jpg

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I duly acknowledge your superiority. And that I am, indeed, retarded.
For your defence its not a short so you just looked at the wrong place. However you just had to type yagoo ahoy to find it you retard :smugina:

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Gyaru inflation noises LFG!

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
I hope you guys are ready for the Phase Alias Crab Champions arc. Shiina plans on making this her esports game.

@Green Kitbash anything to say about this?

Archive

The Genjutsu guy definitely does. Dude is in every stream and horny as fuck. He keeps trying to make her unmute while she pees. He donates a lot though, so I have a feeling its only a matter of time through sheer brute force.

Last edited:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
For your defence its not a short so you just looked at the wrong place. However you just had to type yagoo ahoy to find it you retard :smugina:
Oh, I was aware and looked at the video tab. I don't think a shorts tab existed at the time the video was made, and thus ignored that option.

I'd use the old man excuse, but google is old.

Sometimes you just don't see the forest for the trees.

Anyway. Business associates:

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

UberSoldat

New /vt/ video just dropped

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Crossposting from the Kirsche thread because this is too exceptional not to share:
Screenshot_1.png
Tomato Skill.png

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Recently decided to follow Shylily, first time watching a stream of her's

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Elia opening up memberships.

Airi out on a conquest.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
There is no extra protection you get from being based in the USA.

The only protection you get is a unspoken agreement that most devs don't want to open Pandora's DMCA because 9 times out of 10 they view it as free advertising.

And in the case they don't view it as free advertising (See: Nintendo and Atlas), most publishers don't want to go after every single Johnny Twitch Channel using their game because it would be too much money for too little return.

However, when there's an entire talent agency with a corporate structure and where "Middle Management" is genuinely a thing that exists, suddenly the two aforementioned "protections" go away.

This also gets a lot more serious for the agency because suddenly it's not just a game publisher coming after one channel, it's a game publisher coming after your entire company with actions that can affect the income of well over 100 people in the smallest of cases.

Game permissions for corpo chuubas has nothing to do with Japan. It has everything to do with the fact that they are corpo.

This is something I think Phase needs to be conscious of, given the noticeable growth over the past year. Publishers aren't going to bother going after a tiny corpo full of 2views because there's nothing to gain from it, but when one of the talents is pulling in several grand a week with some of the others quickly catching up, it's only a matter of time before the corpo's on their radar.

The extra problem you have is that if the issue went to court, most vtuber gaming streams would not hold up under a Fair Dealing/Fair Use defence. It's hard to present your work as a critique or commentary on the copyrighted material when a significant part of the stream consists of off-topic discussion and interaction with chat; a less-charitable plaintiff could make the argument that a streamer is using their game footage, characters, and logos to promote their own brand and that their superchats, ad revenue etc. are ill-gotten gains - and a courtroom comprised of normies would buy it.

Most developers and publishers would be hands-off regardless, but there are always exceptions to the rule. Some don't care about the optics of taking down internet personalities (Nintendo have no need to care, they could massacre an entire village and get away with it because people like Mario, and Atlus are just terminally retarded), and others just act on impulse rather than logic. I have a bit of a fear in the back of my head that some unhinged indie developer will get mad about the Hitler particles rabbit streaming their game and take action, similar to the time the Firewatch dev DMCA'd PewDiePie because he made edgy jokes.

tl;dr if your Phase oshi's streamed a playthrough you particularly enjoy I'd recommend downloading the vods as a backup, just in case.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Mozu IS live, if anyone missed it. ASMR stream and as of writing she's chewing on something near the ears, very :shiinastare: sensation

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
There is no extra protection you get from being based in the USA.

The only protection you get is a unspoken agreement that most devs don't want to open Pandora's DMCA because 9 times out of 10 they view it as free advertising.

And in the case they don't view it as free advertising (See: Nintendo and Atlas), most publishers don't want to go after every single Johnny Twitch Channel using their game because it would be too much money for too little return.

However, when there's an entire talent agency with a corporate structure and where "Middle Management" is genuinely a thing that exists, suddenly the two aforementioned "protections" go away.

This also gets a lot more serious for the agency because suddenly it's not just a game publisher coming after one channel, it's a game publisher coming after your entire company with actions that can affect the income of well over 100 people in the smallest of cases.

Game permissions for corpo chuubas has nothing to do with Japan. It has everything to do with the fact that they are corpo.

People forgot what happened to Hololive back when they didn't care for perms, one of their talents nearly got wiped off. I can understand why they are overly paranoid when it comes to perms.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, DON'T TRY TO ANALIZE IT LOGICALLY! CORPOS ARE EVIL, JAPAN IS EVIL, IDOLCULTURE IS FUCKING KILLING VTUBERS, WATCH INDIES AND SMALL CORPOS IF YOU WANT TO SAVE VTUBING YOU NORMIE FAGS, STOP WATCHING MAINSTREAM CHUUBAS YOU FUCKING TASTELESS RETARDS!! AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Horo7618

No one in particular
Interesting tidbit from Kiara's member stream: Cover has developed an internal app for karaoke, it sounds like the intention is to put songs that are ok for archiving on it, but so far the catalog is pretty bare. Kiara being Kiara she promptly requested like 500 idol songs (and isn't close to done...). The endgame is probably that people are going to have to use their app for archived streams though....

braindoko

Here's a meme from /lig/, formatted in case anyone wants to use it here
New /vt/ video just dropped

I love these compilations, they keep me from checking veetee in search for keks when most of the time it's just tiring fanbase wars and ritualposts

Attachments

• 1f.png
    1f.png
    563.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 2f.png
    2f.png
    575.8 KB · Views: 74

Last Of The Mohicans

shopping cart not included
This is something I think Phase needs to be conscious of, given the noticeable growth over the past year. Publishers aren't going to bother going after a tiny corpo full of 2views because there's nothing to gain from it, but when one of the talents is pulling in several grand a week with some of the others quickly catching up, it's only a matter of time before the corpo's on their radar.

The extra problem you have is that if the issue went to court, most vtuber gaming streams would not hold up under a Fair Dealing/Fair Use defence. It's hard to present your work as a critique or commentary on the copyrighted material when a significant part of the stream consists of off-topic discussion and interaction with chat; a less-charitable plaintiff could make the argument that a streamer is using their game footage, characters, and logos to promote their own brand and that their superchats, ad revenue etc. are ill-gotten gains - and a courtroom comprised of normies would buy it.

Most developers and publishers would be hands-off regardless, but there are always exceptions to the rule. Some don't care about the optics of taking down internet personalities (Nintendo have no need to care, they could massacre an entire village and get away with it because people like Mario, and Atlus are just terminally retarded), and others just act on impulse rather than logic. I have a bit of a fear in the back of my head that some unhinged indie developer will get mad about the Hitler particles rabbit streaming their game and take action, similar to the time the Firewatch dev DMCA'd PewDiePie because he made edgy jokes.

tl;dr if your Phase oshi's streamed a playthrough you particularly enjoy I'd recommend downloading the vods as a backup, just in case.
Thank you for the Firewatch mention, it's usually the case I bring up when people start talking about "Westerners don't have this permissions problem"

I'll say one more thing, you say Phase needs to start being more concious. I'd argue the company that is really due their own Mionacht event is VShojo.

One more thing, it keeps getting mentioned that somehow Japan has more strict copyright laws, and all I can say is some of you Yamanbas need to go to Comiket once.

Imagine the publisher of, say, Attack on Titan walks up to someone at Comiket running a booth selling some fancomic about Armin eating out Eren's asshole. Publisher does nothing because it's a bunch of college kids who really think Armin and Eren are into each other and one of them can draw decent. Maybe they might even get the artists' phone number and keep them in mind next time they need to get more cleanup artists.

Now imagine that same event happens, but the fancomic has a DC Comics logo on the front cover, and it turns out it's because the team behind the fancomic work for DC and used that to do the publishing run. Can you imagine how that event plays out differently?

braindoko

>Corpos are evil
>idolculture is ruining vtubers,
>watch indies and small corpos if you want to save vtubing
If you take out the hyperbole I can't find a single lie there :smugpipi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom