"I'm fine! I'm not fine! Fuck you!"Sakamata Chloe

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

this shit

fuck it
Those "pocket wifi" things have always been sketchy. Mobile internet speeds without the mobile device optimization. One time after a move I tried using one since it was going to be a couple weeks before the phone people could get me a proper DSL connection and I ended up taking it back to the store after two days because it was much worse than just going to a coffee shop or library. I can't even vaguely imagine trying to stream at a professional level using one.
Sounds like you cheaped out to be honest, either cheap modem or cheap plan. Or bad coverage in bumfuck town.

Fauna's sister is really getting the famous mama buff

1681843813220.png

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Tune in to orange woman Minecraft. She's playing with Ollie. First thing I hear is:
Kiara: Come over here Ollie. You can see the color of my panties.
Ollie: Can I sniff them?

:yagoocry:

Ollie's wealth of HoloLive MInecraft knowledge is adorable and entertaining

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Poor girl sounds like she takes video games a bit too seriously to be healthy.
sorry for the doublepost for some reason draft did not save when i was looking through pages.

This isin't a "taking games serious" thing. This is a "I thought I was good why am i suddenly shit" thing. It affects LITERALLY EVERY high level player ive met that isin't a raging vat of testosterone and mountain dew Selen was somewhere in the top 500 she can hit w/e they call master level with a bit of effort

These people eat sleep and breath Apex they know every route every match up and the current meta back of their hands it may have been another website but this is the exact reason i was annoyed they valued her points so high Skill and Knowledge fade RAPIDLY if you don't keep them sharp I was top 50 in GetAmped2 (if you go looking for it careful Malware abounds) I held that spot for months I on a whim reinstall it a few weeks later decide to try to hit the top 100.

I immediately drop another 300 ranks maybe not the best example because that game was power crept out the ass but i felt something damn similar maybe not as sharply presumably because my failure wasn't streamed to MILLIONS of people who think i'm some kind of FPS god.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Gentlemen, I have had a rather productive debate with an acquaintance of mine, but we failed to reach a satisfying conclusion. So, I turn to you all with a most pressing matter, and i require all of your retardation expertise on the subject.

Pippa Pipkin is a loli.

Discuss.

Edit: No, I really do want to know what people think lma
I don't see it.

To me, there are three components to a loli character. They need to look, sound and act like a child. Pippa doesn't look or sound like a child. At best you could argue that sometimes her interest in toys and the like is childish, but Pippa is quite well-known for having opinions about adult topics too.

The sound is especially important. If you sound like an adult while looking like a child, I'd classify you as a loli-baba, which has a completely different feel. I'd put Shiina and Tenma in this category. And if you sound like a child, it's easier to classify the rest of you as a child if you were otherwise uncertain how to categorize the rest of the character. I'd classify Fallenshadow and Remilia as lolis, for example, even with very little experience of their personalities due to the sound of their voices.

No Name

I had to check your avatar to make sure you weren't Nolan.

'cause this was something extremely Nolan to do.
It was indeed, I don't know if I should feel ashamed or proud?
You must have some normie ass friends
I do and I'm pretty sure I'm fairly normie compared to a lot of users here. Most of my friends are deep end nerds, but different types of interests.
At that point you might be better off by just showing her full model and asking people "how old does she look"
Since I knew many of them wouldn't know what a Loli is, I instead asked if they thought she looked like a child or adult.
And of course I showed them a full body pic, anything less would've been stupid.
I should add that several of them thought she looked like a "cartoon alien".

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Selen tweeted a long thread about her experience at VSaikyo. For those not up to speed, Team Snake Bite didn't do well on tourney day and Selen especially did not do well at all. She took a huge hit to her confidence and had been silent for the past few days until now.

Gonna sperg a bit but damn this is too relatable. As a former competitive fighting game player, I know too well how it feels to grind for hours every day just to come up short when it matters the most. You work on your defense and reactions, neutral scenarios, offense, mixup etc. You're considered strong by most of the playerbase, you do well against top players in casual matches. But as soon as it's tournament day, the emotions and the nerves hit. You drop that combo you land 99% of the time. You get hit by an overhead you should have blocked. You keep losing against people you know you can beat regularly. You deal with that for years and it becomes a massive mental weight. I had to retire cause it became very unhealthy in the long run. I don't know what's the best choice for Selen but I'm hoping she figures it out and can be happier with herself later on.

Tldr yes video games are that serious. Gonna be rooting hard for the purple dragon :inatiredl:

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
sorry for the doublepost for some reason draft did not save when i was looking through pages.

This isin't a "taking games serious" thing. This is a "I thought I was good why am i suddenly shit" thing. It affects LITERALLY EVERY high level player ive met that isin't a raging vat of testosterone and mountain dew Selen was somewhere in the top 500 she can hit w/e they call master level with a bit of effort

These people eat sleep and breath Apex they know every route every match up and the current meta back of their hands it may have been another website but this is the exact reason i was annoyed they valued her points so high Skill and Knowledge fade RAPIDLY if you don't keep them sharp I was top 50 in GetAmped2 (if you go looking for it careful Malware abounds) I held that spot for months I on a whim reinstall it a few weeks later decide to try to hit the top 100.

I immediately drop another 300 ranks maybe not the best example because that game was power crept out the ass but i felt something damn similar maybe not as sharply presumably because my failure wasn't streamed to MILLIONS of people who think i'm some kind of FPS god.
It's almost like taking videogames too seriously is... like, unhealthy or something. :smugselen:

Besides everyone knows all these modern day e-sports tourney chucklefucks are tool-assisted fags.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Selen tweeted a long thread about her experience at VSaikyo. For those not up to speed, Team Snake Bite didn't do well on tourney day and Selen especially did not do well at all. She took a huge hit to her confidence and had been silent for the past few days until now.

It's hard for me to imagine Selen shaken up this bad. Like if this were a real sport like chess or tennis maybe I'd get it, but it's fucking apex: hero shooter dlc-laden feces trash made for ritalin sniffing zoomers. The way she worded her messages I got the impression she just came clean from embezzling the national budget for space exploration.

I'm guessing "fun" did not exist for Bae unless it was part of her school syllabus and had some form of standardized metric. No wonder she melted down badly.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

Can confirm. I was pretty damn good at Apex back in the day, getting champion was a pretty easy feat. Then I get tired of it for a few months and finally came back to it only to be getting my ass handed to me more often than not and it's a frustrating experience despite the fact that I'm not trying to hit any specific rank. I get why Selen feels the way she does, especially when she and the rest of TSB were doing so well in scrims.
Shit happens though. I'm happy for her that she's getting back on her feet again.
Edit: suppose I should mention I try to play Apex for fun. It isn't fun dying with no kills. And unfortunately it's the only game I can play with my friends.

Last edited:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Imagine, if you will, playing video games for fun instead of sport.

Absolutely disgusting.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
It's almost like taking videogames too seriously is... like, unhealthy or something. :smugselen:

Besides everyone knows all these modern day e-sports tourney chucklefucks are tool-assisted fags.
I feel like I need to reiterate this.

It is not about taking the game too seriously it is literal human psychology losing sucks when you lose at something everyone considers you great at regardless of your own thoughts your gonna feel that.

Now amplify that by the thousands of Dragoons not to mention everyone else watching the others.

I suspect your joking but in most cases Esports shell out for "clean" Machines so insure theres no tool assist going on and to minimize the gap in play from computer performance. I think Leauge DOTA and Siege do it.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
I also feel like Rin Penrose's growth will peter out eventually to slow, steady increments - barring jumps from special events like anniversaries, birthdays, donothons, endurance streams, etc.

Not to say that's a bad thing - on the contrary, she has a pretty cushy gig right now, but she will also be incredibly busy behind the scenes with all that entails, as she is now "The Face of IdolEN".
Imagine being both the face and CEO of Idol. Must be a stressful situation.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

GOTBB

At first I thought it followed the loud/soft dynamics of The Pixies pretty well and could be turned into a song... then I got to the ending and realise it was just a riff on Nirvana... a derivative of a derivative of a derivative.

The middle bit reminded me of THE DARK KNIGHT interrogation scene but like, a parody where they are doing both parts and both character voices at the same time.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Blue boy is in the UK.

Juna is supposed to be going this month too. An off-collab with the 3 of them is pretty unlikely but it'd be funny if it happened.

Horo7618

No one in particular
It's hard for me to imagine Selen shaken up this bad. Like if this were a real sport like chess or tennis maybe I'd get it, but it's fucking apex: hero shooter dlc-laden feces trash made for ritalin sniffing zoomers. The way she worded her messages I got the impression she just came clean from embezzling the national budget for space exploration.
I mean, fucking up in a video game is one thing. Doing it before an audience of thousands of people you don't want to disappoint puts it into a whole 'nother order of magnitude....

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I don't know why you guys are this surprised about selen, she's a thin skinned bitch. She can banter and all but if there's a bit of heat she folds like wet toilet paper. I still remember how she in her words "had to remove herself from that situation" when she left a call with rpr and some other dude in a stream, they were playing like ass and they started to talk shit between them and selen couldn't take it. After that I don't think they played together again for a while.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I feel like I need to reiterate this.

It is not about taking the game too seriously it is literal human psychology losing sucks when you lose at something everyone considers you great at regardless of your own thoughts your gonna feel that.

Now amplify that by the thousands of Dragoons not to mention everyone else watching the others.
While I enjoy watching the people I follow win, I care more about the journey. Watching them interact with each other and shit-talk. Really fun overall from a unityfag point of view.

Even STARTEND which kinda flopped had a bunch of great moments on stream.

I also feel like Rin Penrose's growth will peter out eventually to slow, steady increments - barring jumps from special events like anniversaries, birthdays, donothons, endurance streams, etc.

Not to say that's a bad thing - on the contrary, she has a pretty cushy gig right now, but she will also be incredibly busy behind the scenes with all that entails, as she is now "The Face of IdolEN".
I do love how she debuted her mom fairly early and the dynamic they have. Its still pretty impressive that in 5 months she basically just exploded. Her type of content and how she presents herself does seem to be fairly attractive to a more normie audience so thats a pretty positive point in her favor. She seems to be pulling an audience that wont really be pulled from other vtubers. Basically an entry point into the Vtuber hole.

AI-related shit is probably more suited for the AI thread but since the Balenciaga thing was posted here, I played a bit with ElevenLabs. I should probably find more voice samples to refine the voice more. The image is kinda shit. Midjourney seems better suited for generating more accurate Real Life Photos (im using Novel because im a fucking weeb)

_1girl, rabbit ears, pink hair, medium hair, pink eyes, hair between eyes, smile s-3995354644.png

I don't know why you guys are this surprised about selen, she's a thin skinned bitch. She can banter and all but if there's a bit of heat she folds like wet toilet paper. I still remember how she in her words "had to remove herself from that situation" when she left a call with rpr and some other dude in a stream, they were playing like ass and they started to talk shit between them and selen couldn't take it. After that I don't think they played together again for a while.
Just seems like frustration more than anything. Back in the Halo 3 days I played in a few local tournaments. You just get a bit depressed when you know you could've done way better and you keep replaying the match in your head and all the small things you could have improved. Just hope the Haha-dragon doesnt get discouraged from participating in these types of tournaments. I feel like she shines the most prepared for them.

Last edited:

Horo7618

No one in particular
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom