"I'm drinking Pacifico because I'm a tropical mexican!"Lia Rinkou

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Her collabin with Kiara's pretty neat though. Kiara's at what, 30 cocollabs in the past month or two? What a whore! I'm actually really happy she's doing so well though considering her original self esteem issues and other things.
Why do I feel like she will get massive depression a week or two after getting back home? Kiara seems super social and extroverted and having all these girls around (that are also streamers) that she can talk to is pretty great for her.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
I know Vshojo bad and pink cat extra bad... But can anybody spoon-feed me why exactly? Not trying to stir the pot or anything, genuinely interested in the history. It's a time of the internet I kind of stept away from it all.
About 90% of what people mean by "Vshojo bad" is really just some combination of anti-ing Nyanners, Veibae, and more recently Froot which they then smear the rest of the org members by association with.
Nyanners came with a built in anti contingent since she has a long history of internet celebrity, on 4chan in particular. She made her name in anime circles back in the early 2010s when it was one of the only places around you could get e-famous and a lot of the reasons why was she was a girl who made loli content. Most famously a song "Pomf Pomf" which is pretty much the loli anthem. Depending on who you believe she either thought it was all a big joke only to be shocked at the actual groomers it attracted, or was just in it for the cash and clout, but the result is she dropped her former fanbase hardcore and disavowed the whole thing - 4chan included - which burned a lot of people and cemented hard feelings ever since.
Froot is also from 4chan but on a smaller scale than Nyanners and /k/ (weapons/military larp) focused. Her controversy comes from allegations that she cheated on her military husband while he was deployed, serious business for the fanbase she cultivated at that time. She's generally behaved like and considered to be a backstabbing, sanctimonious narcissist behind the scenes which pisses people off, such in the Hogwarts Legacy twitter meltdowns where she basically approved of the harassment Silvervale (her corpmate) received.
Veibae is pretty much just the exact opposite of the Idol-style culture that made Vtubing a big thing and it rubs people the wrong way. She also managed a frankly impressive streak of insulting basically every established group in the scene early in her career which naturally pissed fans off.

The rest of the talents are generally considered below notice (Melody, Silvervale) or mildly approved of in isolation (Ironmouse, Haruka). Zentreya is interesting in that they're basically the only talent vtuber fans still make the "man using a voice changer" joke on since they exclusively use a TTS device to stream, so you'll see references to them being trans but there's no actual evidence either way. Hime Whojime is funny because she's a streamer who still gets advertised by the corp despite having done like two streams total in the past year and a half, general assumption is there's some sort of Trash Taste connection the corp doesn't want to get rid of. Or not. Your guess is as good as anyone's.
VshojoJP ruffled some feathers because they're both famous former Hololive talents. Nazuna was Rushia (responsible for one of the biggest yabs and infamous graduations in vtuber history) who is generally considered to be mentally ill but a pretty good streamer when she's not having a manic episode, but while she does have subtitles she streams exclusively in Japanese so you won't hear much about her unless it's drama. Kson was formerly Coco, also one of the most infamous graduations in vtuber history, but unlike Rushia she's looked back on very fondly. A lot of people are disappointed she's not as "good" or high-effort as she was previously and that she's too coombait these days, but generally the only people who seriously hate her are chinese bugmen and weirdos like Henri.

Vshojo the corporation also catches some hate for specific incidents. Most notable is the Nux/Phishing drama, where Nux Taku (at the time very close friends with most Vshojo talents) did an expose video on the corp where he claimed there was a group of scammers going around posing as official vshojo staff recruiting indies as cover to steal their money/ID, that Nux had informed Vshojo of this, and that they were doing nothing about it which represented a danger to the community he was morally obligated to inform everyone of. At the time of the release Nux claimed to have discussed his video with various talents and staff and got a green light to release it, but after he did and it blew up Vshojo released statements claiming the opposite and disavowed him claiming that he'd fucked up an investigation they were running into the identities of the phishers.
The other major thing that comes to mind would be the never ending Vshojo auditions, where they spent months and months advertising their recruitment of new talents from the indie scene that never actually went anywhere. When they finally did wrap things up it was to redebut Haruka Karibu as a new member, one of the biggest orbiters of the corp and someone who was already in pretty deep with the talents friend group. It had the air of a sham that left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths and seemed confused and mismanaged as hell.
There are some other yabs but they're honestly kinda whatever and have the air of people who already don't like Vshojo looking for excuses not to like them further. Their dominance in certain award shows (biggest vtuber corp on twitch run by former founding twitch staff gets a lot of representation at twitch-based award shows, /vt/ in shambles). I've covered the major stuff that comes to mind first.
OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT: Vshojo's company tagline they use to advertise themselves with is "Talent Freedom". As in, the talents don't have traditional management and are free to do and stream whatever they want. Cue shitposting about whatever controversy or un-seiso behaviour a talent has gotten up to having "Talent Freedom"! spammed over it.
A large part of the pink cat bad sentiment is because she started to pander to Tumblr at the height of culture wars - that's most likely why she denounced everyone who enjoyed her edgier content, pomf included, as pedos in a typical "boo-hoo they made me do it" fashion, and why she is accused of "betrayal" by anons. There's an unconfirmed speculation that all of that was a failed bid to go professional in the voice acting industry too but I don't believe it's possible to verify this.

Pink cat still bad anyway.

kukkia

Early Adopter

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Neuro and filian play siblings or couple among other games

Chloe singing Odo

Chloe sings If

Chloe sang it great but when I listen to it I can't help but feel a certain rap doggo backup missing

No context apology

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Lol did the Mods just give up
lolbackseating.PNG
:whatastory:
Souls game streams GOOD, souls game chat BAD

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
As in, not the talent or the model or anything but the fact that you debut a new Vtuber and no one here seems to have noticed makes me wonder WTF are they doing?

I've brought them up a few times, including talking about their new generation here. They or the agency as a whole haven't been the topic of much conversation in this thread, though.

Edit: XenForo's BBCode parser is breaking one of the links I'm trying to post. Here's my post history where I mention V&U: https://thevirtualasylum.xenforo.cloud/search/15559/?q=V%26U&c[users]=Murrayしないで&o=relevance

Edit 2: LOL. Copy and paste it if you're really curious I guess.

I've not yet listened to it, but I'll tell you this much:
chu.png
Whole thing's 6 files, 16 minutes including intro.

I am also not immune to hype and memes and FOMO and bought in, though I also haven't listened yet. Um, but for me it's different because as an aspiring industry professional I need to be aware of what the leaders in the industry are doing. Yeah, that's it. Well, at any rate, I've blown $20 on many stupider things in my life. Might give it a listen while out shopping tomorrow.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I literally don't know who the fuck this is but it is pretty rich coming from someone who's Youtube thumbnails make him look like Keemstar knockoff #821. Feel free to correct me if he is, in fact, not Keemstar knockoff #821.
Augie's a really fun streamer personally, probably my favorite. When he posts outrageous stuff on twitter he's usually mostly joking, don't fall for the bait. He jokes about hating women all the time fyi.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Why do I feel like she will get massive depression a week or two after getting back home? Kiara seems super social and extroverted and having all these girls around (that are also streamers) that she can talk to is pretty great for her.
It wouldn't surprise me unfortunately. Especially since them all splitting out of Japan leaves her as the only person a fair distance from everybody involved again. After the trip is over she'll be back to more or less the only person in her own little spot. Everyone else is at least in the same country as another couple of people if not relatively closeish. Hopefully it doesn't hit her too hard if she does.

Lol did the Mods just give up View attachment 16652:whatastory:
Souls game streams GOOD, souls game chat BAD
Souls chat always seems to be the totally retarded autistic. I dunno why you would want to try and avoid angy Erina though. Anytime I've seen it happen it's been adorable lol. Some games just have that insufferable chatseating every time it shows up. Maybe the mods said fuck it, not worth the hassle.

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
Listen to it and tell me if she does the 30ma voice, if so I'll buy it
No 30ma unfortunately. It was kinda a wild ride, but overall I liked it. Those people that enjoy getting insulted will like it even more.
One downside, and this is often true for me with any Tenma streams, the voice volume is too low, even with my PC volume at max (and headphones, obviously). I am a bit on the deaf side, but I don't have the same problem with other streamers.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Vespers gonna need more than that boar spear to defend himself against the sheer menhera Katta possesses, I wish him luck in the IDF though that'll be kinda based to watch unfold

How much more damage does a landmine do if it's planted in a bucket of rice? Does the rice become anti-personnel shrapnel?

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Fake news, Bird prisoner had lots of appearances before this! Shame on you @raildex !

I know she posted a picture of bird prisoner on twitter before but when was bird prisoner last on stream?
1678868887005.png

Last edited:

raildex

Fake news, Bird prisoner had lots of appearances before this! Shame on you @raildex !

I know she posted a picture of bird prisoner on twitter before but when was bird prisoner last on stream?

Edit: for context the title of the clip used to be "Pippas Bird Makes Her First Appearance On Stream"

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
How much more damage does a landmine do if it's planted in a bucket of rice? Does the rice become anti-personnel shrapnel?
pretty sure rice ceases to exist also why would you use rice when small rocks do the job better and are literally everywhere and free?

I feel like i might be missing a referance

UberSoldat

I finally caught up with Pomu's AC7 stream. Nice to see that even after almost two years of streaming video games she still sucks at video games lol

Not that I'm criticizing, some people have weaker cognitive abilities :p

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Wait. What dog fucker? Thought that was Chase.
Not literal, or at least I hope so. Riifu has a bunch of audio ASMRs about fucking dogs, wolves or wolf boys and multiple videos with dog dildos. You can see where the name Pwupster and her logo being a dog paw comes from.

I like her a lot but every time I watch her now, I just think about how she used to make content around pretending to fuck dogs. White women.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
pretty sure rice ceases to exist also why would you use rice when small rocks do the job better and are literally everywhere and free?

I feel like i might be missing a referance

:smugselen:

Don't mind me.

Not literal, or at least I hope so. Riifu has a bunch of audio ASMRs about fucking dogs, wolves or wolf boys and multiple videos with dog dildos. You can see where the name Pwupster and her logo being a dog paw comes from.

I like her a lot but every time I watch her now, I just think about how she used to make content around pretending to fuck dogs. White women.

"Pretending"

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
The other day it occurred to me that since I started vtuber posting I've made a handful of little song lyric parodies. Never a full song of course, just a verse whenever it seemed funny. I kind of like them so Idecided to put the ones I remember in one post for an easy record.

The first one was when Phase Invaders was announced.

Mr. Fishman (parody of Mr. Sandman)
Mr Fishman,
Save me a waifu,
Give her a contract
And a new laifu.

Make her a model
Like roses and clover,
Then tell her that her management troubles are over...

Next was after a Pippa karaoke.

Pippa went Down to Kiwifarms (The Devil went Down to Georgia)

Pippa went down to Kiwifarms
Lookin for a simp to steal.
She was in a bind, way behind,
Willing to make a deal.

When she came upon a farmer posting cringe
And makin it hot,
She hopped up in his DM's
And said, "Bro, let me tell you what.

"I guess you didn't know it, but I'm a shitposter too
And if you'd care to make a dare I'll make a bet with you.
Now you post some pretty cringe memes, bro, but give the rabbit her due
I'll bet two used socks against your dox that I'm more cringe than you."

Then during Ina's break:

Soon May the Pokemon Come (Wellerman)
There once was a simp for Ninomae
The name o' the simp was @Takodachi
His hopes got up, but her streams went down
Groan, my bully boy, groan

WAH!

Soon may the Pokemon come
To make us salty and mean and glum
One day 'fore the catchin' is done
We'll take our leave and go.

Wah wah
Wah wah wah wah
Wah wah wahwahwah
Wah wah wah

Wah wah
Wah wah wah wah
Take our leave and go

Then after seeing the What Does the Fox Say compilation.

What Does Polka Say? (What Does the Fox Say?)
Korone goes wan
Okayu goes nya
Kiara goes kik
and the Bae goes squeek

Noel goes moo
Botan goes rawr
and the Kanata goes oo
Subaru say quack
And Gura go blub
And Nene goes ow ow ow

But there's one sound
That no one knows

What does Polka say?

And last, after learning the title of Our Bright Parade.

Welcome to the Bright Parade (Welcome to the Black Parade)
When I was a normie, my forum
Linked me into a website to see a chuuba stream
It said "Fag, when you get taste, would you be
The savior of the lonely, the incels, and the weebs?
It said "Will you beclown them, the antis
And all the parasocials, the pipe dreams they have made?
Because one day, your oshii, you'll find her
To keep you in your basement and join the Bright Parade..."

I thought of making a Vesper parody at one point but Queen already made the definitive Vesper song.

So yeah, that's an amusing little thing. I put these together so I can fav this post for an easy record. I may come back and update it if I come up with any more.

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter
About 90% of what people mean by "Vshojo bad" is really just some combination of anti-ing Nyanners, Veibae, and more recently Froot which they then smear the rest of the org members by association with.
Nyanners came with a built in anti contingent since she has a long history of internet celebrity, on 4chan in particular. She made her name in anime circles back in the early 2010s when it was one of the only places around you could get e-famous and a lot of the reasons why was she was a girl who made loli content. Most famously a song "Pomf Pomf" which is pretty much the loli anthem. Depending on who you believe she either thought it was all a big joke only to be shocked at the actual groomers it attracted, or was just in it for the cash and clout, but the result is she dropped her former fanbase hardcore and disavowed the whole thing - 4chan included - which burned a lot of people and cemented hard feelings ever since.
Froot is also from 4chan but on a smaller scale than Nyanners and /k/ (weapons/military larp) focused. Her controversy comes from allegations that she cheated on her military husband while he was deployed, serious business for the fanbase she cultivated at that time. She's generally behaved like and considered to be a backstabbing, sanctimonious narcissist behind the scenes which pisses people off, such in the Hogwarts Legacy twitter meltdowns where she basically approved of the harassment Silvervale (her corpmate) received.
Veibae is pretty much just the exact opposite of the Idol-style culture that made Vtubing a big thing and it rubs people the wrong way. She also managed a frankly impressive streak of insulting basically every established group in the scene early in her career which naturally pissed fans off.

The rest of the talents are generally considered below notice (Melody, Silvervale) or mildly approved of in isolation (Ironmouse, Haruka). Zentreya is interesting in that they're basically the only talent vtuber fans still make the "man using a voice changer" joke on since they exclusively use a TTS device to stream, so you'll see references to them being trans but there's no actual evidence either way. Hime Whojime is funny because she's a streamer who still gets advertised by the corp despite having done like two streams total in the past year and a half, general assumption is there's some sort of Trash Taste connection the corp doesn't want to get rid of. Or not. Your guess is as good as anyone's.
VshojoJP ruffled some feathers because they're both famous former Hololive talents. Nazuna was Rushia (responsible for one of the biggest yabs and infamous graduations in vtuber history) who is generally considered to be mentally ill but a pretty good streamer when she's not having a manic episode, but while she does have subtitles she streams exclusively in Japanese so you won't hear much about her unless it's drama. Kson was formerly Coco, also one of the most infamous graduations in vtuber history, but unlike Rushia she's looked back on very fondly. A lot of people are disappointed she's not as "good" or high-effort as she was previously and that she's too coombait these days, but generally the only people who seriously hate her are chinese bugmen and weirdos like Henri.

Vshojo the corporation also catches some hate for specific incidents. Most notable is the Nux/Phishing drama, where Nux Taku (at the time very close friends with most Vshojo talents) did an expose video on the corp where he claimed there was a group of scammers going around posing as official vshojo staff recruiting indies as cover to steal their money/ID, that Nux had informed Vshojo of this, and that they were doing nothing about it which represented a danger to the community he was morally obligated to inform everyone of. At the time of the release Nux claimed to have discussed his video with various talents and staff and got a green light to release it, but after he did and it blew up Vshojo released statements claiming the opposite and disavowed him claiming that he'd fucked up an investigation they were running into the identities of the phishers.
The other major thing that comes to mind would be the never ending Vshojo auditions, where they spent months and months advertising their recruitment of new talents from the indie scene that never actually went anywhere. When they finally did wrap things up it was to redebut Haruka Karibu as a new member, one of the biggest orbiters of the corp and someone who was already in pretty deep with the talents friend group. It had the air of a sham that left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths and seemed confused and mismanaged as hell.
There are some other yabs but they're honestly kinda whatever and have the air of people who already don't like Vshojo looking for excuses not to like them further. Their dominance in certain award shows (biggest vtuber corp on twitch run by former founding twitch staff gets a lot of representation at twitch-based award shows, /vt/ in shambles). I've covered the major stuff that comes to mind first.
OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT: Vshojo's company tagline they use to advertise themselves with is "Talent Freedom". As in, the talents don't have traditional management and are free to do and stream whatever they want. Cue shitposting about whatever controversy or un-seiso behaviour a talent has gotten up to having "Talent Freedom"! spammed over it.
Nice writeup you got there, let me add some corrections.
ZENTREYA IS A MAN!
Not even trans or gay. JUST A MAN!
original vid was taken down, its still viewable with the waybackmachine. maybe someone here has a better archive? if so pls post it.
Zentreya also has regular meltdowns on twitters, here are some of the tamer ones. a. b. c

zen goes nuts.png.
Not to mention his politisperging when Roe v wade was overturned.
Which gets us neatly into the topic of politicalsperging in Vshoujo. Unlike other corpos who try to stay apolitical Vshojo proudly wears its political affiliations like a uniform.
VShojo-Abortion-Tweets-2022-1.jpgVShojo-Abortion-Tweets-2022-2.jpgVShojo-Abortion-Tweets-2022-3.jpg
Onto nyanners besides the pomf pomf shit, she made her fame by taking voice request from 4chan. While some were made by sexual deviants and were sexual in nature, some were made to be as offensive, outrages or funny as possible. Examples below.
Now these are all more than a decade old, and she may have been a young girl, so wanting to distancing herself from these things aswell as the loli / pedo -pomf pomf stuff is quite understandable. Calling her fans from her 4chan fame all groomers, while a bit hyperbolic and generalizing, is in my opinion not entirely unjustified. So it was very easy to sympathize with her position. The Problem is that nyanners is a total hypocrite- while calling out all loli content as pedophilic, she still uses a loli avatar and she still took some voice request after her grand disavowal. most notably:

Last edited:

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Question for the group. I remember seeing this animated clip of Subaru like months ago, but I can't find it anywhere now, and I'd like to know if anyone else can link me to it. She was playing some kind of fantasy game when a monster jumped out and attacked her party. Subaru was eager to attack the monster, but her npc party members wouldn't shut the fuck up. It was fully voice acted, so she kept getting interrupted by these game voices. She was laughing and how many dialogues kept popping up, while jokingly apologizing to the monster and asking it to wait. It wasn't heavily animated; it was more in the style of momonofu EN or Tripl3 where it was a series of drawings with limited animation. I can't find it anywhere, but if I remember correctly it's really funny and I'd like to grab it if I can. Thanks for consideration.

Found it. (click "cc" for english subtitles)

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom