"They put me in a corner with no other workers cause I was too weird"Randon Neuring

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
QUICK! SAVA IS AMBUSHING YOU WITH A STREAM! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES OR GET PREGNANT!!!

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Truly didn't expect calli out of all people to cover this song but well, this is a thing now

Calli's voice is wasted in her rap noise but it's also wasted in this anime shit too. I know the anime market pushes all the talents to make generic anime songs but I wish they'd tip their toes in other genres. I love Irys voice but all her original songs are generic garbage, her true potential lies in other genre's

I'd kill for gura to release an original jazz song or a city pop song but all we'll get is generic anime shit. I just want more of this but original damn it

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
It's got me nervous and I wish people (PIPPA) would stop prodding these fuckers and let them get bored and move on, this is the first time where i seriously wish vtubing got super boring for a while just to keep it from becoming a battlefield for rando retards who don't even know how it works.
It's too late to try and let it blow over, they smelled blood in the water with Silvervale and Pikamee, who are both huge, so they think the same will work against anyone else. I'm hoping this doesn't turn into actual Gamergate 2, and I don't think anyone should be engaging with these people in honest discussion, but gatekeeping has to happen to stop them from actually taking hold. At most telling them to fuck off or laughing at them, not even giving them the benefit of the doubt, or trying to convince them of anything, just not letting them participate at all.

PekoWick

Calli's voice is wasted in her rap noise but it's also wasted in this anime shit too. I know the anime market pushes all the talents to make generic anime songs but I wish they'd tip their toes in other genres. I love Irys voice but all her original songs are generic garbage, her true potential lies in other genre's

I'd kill for gura to release an original jazz song or a city pop song but all we'll get is generic anime shit. I just want more of this but original damn it

Just wait for Gura's Reflect jazz ver & Reflect city pop ver.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
the most exciting thing to happen to vtubing and you're already complaining about it. yikes, you maricon, yikes.
Maricon?! Hijoputa te voy a sacar la coña a putazos con tu propia verga y cortarte los huevos y metertelos en tu maldito orto, pinche, mierdero, cabrón comevergas.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

hololive ruined /jp/

Maricon?! Hijoputa te voy a sacar la coña a putazos con tu propia verga y cortarte los huevos y metertelos en tu maldito orto, pinche, mierdero, cabrón comevergas.
no pato no me gusto sex with you en la baño, sí mon

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Is Moona trying to piss off the religious again?

1678815442247.png

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I shall now retire until about half an hour before Pippa's stream, surely nothing else could possibly happen within the seven hours I'm sleeping? If it does, blame me, regardless of context.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

SZ 109

View attachment 16583
So this has become my prime target to fix. I tried to catchup on this thread but abandoned the idea because of so many dead tweets with no archives or screenshots.

These are just some thoughts and I really have no power to make you do things here:
  1. When we added the media embed plugin at the time you couldn’t disable Twitter as an option, now you can. I don’t want to be hasty and do that, because I don’t want to break tweets from the past.
  2. I do think we need to practice better archiving (myself included), either a full archive copy (archive.ph) or at least a screen shot, so new users aren’t digging for context.
  3. I can only build in so much automation, regardless it will take some sort of user interaction, and I think opening up the snippet tool in Windows takes half a second to make a screen shot.
I’m still of the opinion that a separate service, interacting with the forum via an API is the best way to get this done. It completely sidesteps whatever limitations the cloud version has. While I can’t get around external limitations such as automatically creating archive links, some things like automatically editing in a Twitter screenshot should technically be possible. However, while I’m willing to try:

1: The demo XF instance doesn't work with APIs, so it’s not like I can make a proof of concept (like I could with the stream archive). So, while my solutions all work in theory, I’ve no actual working proof of concept to back it up. That’s why I went with the VOD archival first, since I don’t actually have to bother site administration for anything.

2: For whatever I make to actually take effect on the forum (beyond what I can do as a regular user), the system I create, and by extension, me, has to be trusted with what’s essentially admin permissions. So similar to above, there’s no way for me to prove I’m genuinely advocating for better archival and not using it as a cover to gain power.

So yes, I’m willing to give it a shot, but I’ll admit there’s no way for me to prove right now that I actually can do anything I claim.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Fentanyl Floyd

4 YEARS SOBER

tenma playing some spelunky with some guy i've never heard of

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist

tenma playing some spelunky with some guy i've never heard of

Long story short, dude is a known gamer, Tenma is a big fan.

Tenma had a fangirl moment when this guy showed up in her chat, I'm guessing for the Binding of Isaac content?
Oh shit, 10ma was noticed by Albino? I thought he died or something. He used to make Dark Souls invasion videos where he'd fuck with streamers by breaking their shit with acid jars, using cheat engine to make interesting spell bullet formations, and "Halal Souls" where he'd use firebombs to blow up barrels and put nasheeds over it. It was taken down for :pekomusliml:but I think it might be archived somewhere. Glad he's still kicking it, even if he's also succumbed to the stupid crossdressing meta that's infected meatspace...

Aw shit, Tenma got her Albino collab.

wew

Male hag love!

Mehk

Previous Amberglow Dragon Xiulan released a cover with some people from Amberglow. Sounded pretty decent.

this shit

fuck it
I am kinda worried about the growing amount of outside actors talking about vtubers just to discuss stupid drama shit after the Hogfarts thing, maybe a bit panicky.
These fuckers have the potential to really do some fucking damage to the community over time, specially with the help of larger indies and Vshojo who will most definitely side with them, even then the JP agencies could distance themselves. Only thing is that nips are pretty dumb and may indeed cater their EN branches toward this new """audience""" which would be a total deathblow.

It's got me nervous and I wish people (PIPPA) would stop prodding these fuckers and let them get bored and move on, this is the first time where i seriously wish vtubing got super boring for a while just to keep it from becoming a battlefield for rando retards who don't even know how it works.

Call me a pussy all of you fucking want and say you will "take a stand" and some other idealistic shit. You may reeee at them and make fun of them in our little basement forum where nobody can hear you or care. Even if the community at large rises up against invaders, this is the fucking internet, people will forget in a week and these fucks will only be emboldened and keep on trying to destroy everything. They have done it before and I can see the beginnings of the cycle here now and i fear for the worst.
To me the situation as is now seems to be dying out, one of the big trans tweeters that got caught up in the original shitshow actually informed themselves and realized that vtubing is actually a huge phenomenon that's the furthest thing away from culture war stuff since other than corpos it's also full of queer people.
What I'm worried about now is that professional grifters like Sargon will jump into the shitstorm just to make some quick bucks for their stalling channels, be it with the "woke left censors entertainment" or "degenerate pedophiles are preying on young lonely man".

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Chumbuds, I don't wany you to freak out, but
this pic might've been taken by gura herself!

FrKMOz0aYAE_3PT
FrKMOkGaIAA9bbs

the vt IRyS thread suggested it may have been IRyS. She did say something recently about "going out with a friend", but I can't find the tweet, so maybe it was something she said on stream.
Anyway while I was looking for that I saw this. I'm not caught up yet so I'm not sure if this was mentioned on Kronii's B-Day stream, but they did karaoke (and dinner I guess) together afterwards:
1678817052479.png
I think with that, IRyS is confirmed to have met all of EN (and maybe even Sana because of that one art show a couple months back).

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
I’m still of the opinion that a separate service, interacting with the forum via an API is the best way to get this done. It completely sidesteps whatever limitations the cloud version has. While I can’t get around external limitations such as automatically creating archive links, some things like automatically editing in a Twitter screenshot should technically be possible. However, while I’m willing to try:

1: The demo XF instance doesn't work with APIs, so it’s not like I can make a proof of concept (like I could with the stream archive). So, while my solutions all work in theory, I’ve no actual working proof of concept to back it up. That’s why I went with the VOD archival first, since I don’t actually have to bother site administration for anything.

2: For whatever I make to actually take effect on the forum (beyond what I can do as a regular user), the system I create, and by extension, me, has to be trusted with what’s essentially admin permissions. So similar to above, there’s no way for me to prove I’m genuinely advocating for better archival and not using it as a cover to gain power.

So yes, I’m willing to give it a shot, but I’ll admit there’s no way for me to prove right now that I actually can do anything I claim.
  • I'll shoot you a dm regarding Xenforo.
  • Are you thinking of creating something that takes over the Twitter api/archiving all together? We are using the "s9e Media Sites" addon as our media embeds, my reluctance about editing anything with that addon is that it could could break any code that works with it. So, I'm thinking it would need to be a complete overhaul.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom