"My vocabulary is definitely, surely, not that crass. I use more refined terms... like whore"Amanogawa Shiina

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
At most telling them to fuck off or laughing at them, not even giving them the benefit of the doubt, or trying to convince them of anything, just not letting them participate at all.
Papa Jim's advice really does ring true here. Just fucking laugh at them and move on. Something about that really short circuits their brain and they might screech for a while longer but eventually they'll just say fuck it and move on. It has worked for me, it can work for anyone.

SZ 109

• I'll shoot you a dm regarding Xenforo.
  • Are you thinking cf creating something that takes over the Twitter api/archiving all together? We are using the "s9e Media Sites" addon as our media embeds, my reluctance about editing anything with that addon is that it could could break any code that works with it. So, I'm thinking it would need to be a complete overhaul.
I'm not going to touch any of the XF plugins, all changes are made via API. It's not like I can get a XF plugin to open a browser, scroll to Nitter/Twitter and take a screenshot anyway. So given I'm going to require an external server to make the screenshots in the first place, I must as well have the same server fetch new posts via API, and for any that need action, use the API to edit the screenshot into the post.

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
To me the situation as is now seems to be dying out, one of the big trans tweeters that got caught up in the original shitshow actually informed themselves and realized that vtubing is actually a huge phenomenon that's the furthest thing away from culture war stuff since other than corpos it's also full of queer people.
What I'm worried about now is that professional grifters like Sargon will jump into the shitstorm just to make some quick bucks for their stalling channels, be it with the "woke left censors entertainment" or "degenerate pedophiles are preying on young lonely man".
Wasn't there some washed up lady trying to do that? All it accomplished was people laughing at her from what I remember.

Saturnus

haha it's unou

tenma playing some spelunky with some guy i've never heard of

He was put on Tenma's radar pretty early on when she did a few Isaac playthroughs early on. I think a few people in her chat mentioned him alongside NorthernLion for Isaac content that they enjoyed.
Someone prior on the forum pointed him out earlier, too.
Oh shit, 10ma was noticed by Albino? I thought he died or something. He used to make Dark Souls invasion videos where he'd fuck with streamers by breaking their shit with acid jars, using cheat engine to make interesting spell bullet formations, and "Halal Souls" where he'd use firebombs to blow up barrels and put nasheeds over it. It was taken down for :pekomusliml:but I think it might be archived somewhere. Glad he's still kicking it, even if he's also succumbed to the stupid crossdressing meta that's infected meatspace.
He used to do Dark Souls troll invasion content (which is how I originally found him too). Moved on to making over-edited meme videos in Smash Bros and Fortnite. Now sticks to twitch playing Roguelikes like Noita, Isaac, Spelunky etc...
An example of one of his videos in Isaac.

Fentanyl Floyd

4 YEARS SOBER

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Any aspiring vtubers here have noticed their eyes slowly turning into slits and their hair becoming blacker and straighter?

おい、薬飲めぇ。

Youtube is a minefield of bots and algorithms that want to nuke your channel for no reason, and their support is entirely automated unless you're a big streamer or company with backstage access. If you're a small vtuber and get nuked by a false detection, your career is over. Bots will auto-decline your appeals. They also have a much worse copyright system full of trolls.

Twitch sucks for the viewer because of their unstoppable obnoxious ads and cancerous chat culture, but atleast their bans are (mostly) made by humans, even if they give preferential treatment to women and troons. It feels like a safer platform for smaller creators.

If I wanted to start vtubing from scratch, I would choose Twitch. If by some stroke of luck my viewer count grew to the big boy leagues, only then would I consider starting a secondary Youtube channel with my pre-existing fanbase.

With regards to channel nuking, Twitch has this really strict rule where if you're banned from Twitch, you're banned from appearing on any other Twitch channel lest they get banned too, so your entire Twitch circle is effectively gone. That's even more career-destroying in my opinion. I don't think YT works that way. At any rate, it's a risk I'm training myself to keep in mind before saying anything too edgy.

Oh, Gakilive, the honeypot corpo.

Please elaborate.

Maria Paradisia is doing Spanish karaoke. For those needing a reminder, she was one of a few who were supposed to be in the cancelled Gen 4 of Tsunderia.

Good to see her back. She suddenly stopped streaming and tweeting for like a week and a half without an announcement, though she came back online last night with an apology and a schedule.

Is Moona trying to piss off the religious again?

Okay, who gave Moona some za? Stop corrupting our idols, please.

Mehk

(A)

I feel like I've sadly read/heard something exactly like this before years ago.....But I don't really remember where from.

braindoko

This Tenma collab is comedy gold, she acts really bratty with flesh streamers and men but the guy claps back hard, malding ensued

what's the joke here?
one of the big trans tweeters that got caught up in the original shitshow
Who? I'm putting together a blocklist and every alphabet fag is going in, no matter how harmless they might seem the mental illness only seems to get worse with time so better be safe

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
I like this spidor a lot and I hope you like her too!

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい

kestraline

Early Adopter

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
The three gremlins are playing What the Golf

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Zatsu off collab with Harry Styles and Dezzy Wezzy

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
That helps surprisingly little if she goes menhera while you're asleep.
Michael Cat is definitely the kind of menhera who'd act like the perfect housewife as though everything's okay, only to randomly poison your drink one day.

It really is an interesting social dynamic that's almost entirely exclusive to vtubers where because everything's a wink-wink-nudge-nudge deal with regards to roommates, you can make a guess that certain people 'know', but you can never be 100% sure.

I swear every fucking time I see this person they're involved in some kind of annoying drama. We already have enough of that shit with the metal commie chick, fuck off.

Username Generator

Early Adopter
Chumbuds, I don't wany you to freak out, but
this pic might've been taken by gura herself!

FrKMOz0aYAE_3PT
FrKMOkGaIAA9bbs

What's the reasoning? She did mention "friend" as singular implying there was only one person with her, but why do you think it was Gura? Did Kiara talk about wanting to go to a Korean cafe with Gura or something?

The Tweet (?) where keeki mentioned @danidaifuku seems to be deleted, but she posted a quote reply, so I would assume that the friend keeki mentioned is her.

A

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Silver og song that rap was kinda fire tho

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
You heard Kirsche.
Buy Predecessor.