"Don't do this to me. I know you guys are doing this to me, because you have hand fetish! You care about my hands and my sweat because you guys have... hands and sweat fetish!"Anya Melfissa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

View attachment 16595
I hope everything is improving for Shiina and I look forward to this weeks streams ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
3 days is a long time with no Shiina though and she hasn't been on Discord the last few days either, even before her bad news. Although I guess she WAS on discord because Lumi said so, just not in the Cookie tin. :shiinastare:
Edit: She's been in the Tin today tough

Bruh, that bridal artwork..
Glad to hear she's doing alright, just makes me wonder what the everliving shit is going on though that would be bitter business news and have fishman in her corner. Maybe due to the Shiina anti that's been spergposting on /vt/? But then that doesn't seem like bitter news.
I guess with Katta gone and Shiina recovering mentally it's up to Ame to carry the night for me, karaoke starting soon.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
That golf game was hard to watch. Why are women like this?
Some good quotes though. As always, Rin is king.

"Bouncy castle looking ass bitch" - Rin Penrose.

"Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" - Yuko
"Me." - Rin *quietly*

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

kestraline

Early Adopter
Caramel Idol's last stream before her Japan trip.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter

What's the reasoning? She did mention "friend" as singular implying there was only one person with her, but why do you think it was Gura? Did Kiara talk about wanting to go to a Korean cafe with Gura or something?

Amateur detective time๐Ÿ•ต๏ธโ€โ™‚๏ธ: The reflections aren't worth you time here, the ones on the right are at an angle so they are no good for trying to see the photographer, and the glass behind chicken are too far away to get a good image. Also whether by accident or not the place directly behind her (the best hope for reflection) is a pillar not glass. The only thing that closer inspection revealed to me a) for any particularly horny KFP you can see a bit of either her bra or camisole through her shirt so go nuts you degenerate chickens and b) amusingly it doesn't look like the zipper of her jeans is up all the way

the vt IRyS thread suggested it may have been IRyS. She did say something recently about "going out with a friend", but I can't find the tweet, so maybe it was something she said on stream.
Anyway while I was looking for that I saw this. I'm not caught up yet so I'm not sure if this was mentioned on Kronii's B-Day stream, but they did karaoke (and dinner I guess) together afterwards:
View attachment 16591
I think with that, IRyS is confirmed to have met all of EN (and maybe even Sana because of that one art show a couple months back).

The Tweet (?) where keeki mentioned @danidaifuku seems to be deleted, but she posted a quote reply, so I would assume that the friend keeki mentioned is her.

A

1613556546305.png

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Bruh, that bridal artwork..
Glad to hear she's doing alright, just makes me wonder what the everliving shit is going on though that would be bitter business news and have fishman in her corner. Maybe due to the Shiina anti that's been spergposting on /vt/? But then that doesn't seem like bitter news.
I guess with Katta gone and Shiina recovering mentally it's up to Ame to carry the night for me, karaoke starting soon.
Speculation: She's been doing A LOT of recording and putting a lot of hours into it. She's mentioned original songs too and I think even more. She also mentioned communication troubles with a mixer (japanese?) that wanted her to growl or sing in a way she can't. Maybe there was a significant set back or canceled project.
Rrat: Given her background maybe she is working with wonders AI in a more involved way then we know, maybe there was a problem there. Just pulling it out my ass though.๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
My oshi is so cute, bros.
Mystery video was a cover of Heart Challenger, which AFAIK was one of the stretch goals for the donothon (song cover).

MyName

It also showed me a Nyanners tweet which irritated me (archive). That's some new level of vtubing right there :lolwat:

I know Vshojo bad and pink cat extra bad... But can anybody spoon-feed me why exactly? Not trying to stir the pot or anything, genuinely interested in the history. It's a time of the internet I kind of stept away from it all.

this shit

fuck it

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
If anyone wants to autistically search Twitter for mentions of Phase Connect without seeing every single members tweet, use these search parameters. And if anyone has any suggestions to improve this let me know. I tried to use the less common name referrals to filter out talents rather than use terms like "Pippa" or "tenma" as to filter out as few talent mentions as possible but ran into trouble with talents like lia and yuri.
"Phase Connect" -pipkin -maemi -himemiya -lia -"่—คๅ€‰ใ‚ฆใƒซใ‚ซ" -"็™ฝ้นฟใ„ใŠใ‚Š" -"่ปขๅฏใƒŠใ‚ต" -"็ดซ็ฟ ใฟใกใ‚‹" -chisaka -amanogawa -komachi -nephys -makina -yuri -kaneko

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
View attachment 16606
yt membership were a bad idea
People who think cheap membership info won't leak are kidding themselves, let's be serious.

Ame Karaoke starting now? It got delayed 15 min already, so we'll see.

Edit: delayed 30 minutes lol

SpaceCrow

yt membership were a bad idea

As much as I love VTubers in general, every time I see one of them act disappointed about "super secret member stream content," I can't help but think they're unironically retarded. Yes. This is the internet, your video is easily, infinitely, replicable, and redistributable whether or not you like it. Once on the internet, it's there forever.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Lia is premiering something in twenty minutes:

Good lord, whoever did those instrumentals and mixing did a terrible job. Good singing, at least...

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
The funny man truly has unbelievable comedic timing.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
I know Vshojo bad and pink cat extra bad... But can anybody spoon-feed me why exactly?

About 90% of what people mean by "Vshojo bad" is really just some combination of anti-ing Nyanners, Veibae, and more recently Froot which they then smear the rest of the org members by association with.
Nyanners came with a built in anti contingent since she has a long history of internet celebrity, on 4chan in particular. She made her name in anime circles back in the early 2010s when it was one of the only places around you could get e-famous and a lot of the reasons why was she was a girl who made loli content. Most famously a song "Pomf Pomf" which is pretty much the loli anthem. Depending on who you believe she either thought it was all a big joke only to be shocked at the actual groomers it attracted, or was just in it for the cash and clout, but the result is she dropped her former fanbase hardcore and disavowed the whole thing - 4chan included - which burned a lot of people and cemented hard feelings ever since.
Froot is also from 4chan but on a smaller scale than Nyanners and /k/ (weapons/military larp) focused. Her controversy comes from allegations that she cheated on her military husband while he was deployed, serious business for the fanbase she cultivated at that time. She's generally behaved like and considered to be a backstabbing, sanctimonious narcissist behind the scenes which pisses people off, such in the Hogwarts Legacy twitter meltdowns where she basically approved of the harassment Silvervale (her corpmate) received.
Veibae is pretty much just the exact opposite of the Idol-style culture that made Vtubing a big thing and it rubs people the wrong way. She also managed a frankly impressive streak of insulting basically every established group in the scene early in her career which naturally pissed fans off.

The rest of the talents are generally considered below notice (Melody, Silvervale) or mildly approved of in isolation (Ironmouse, Haruka). Zentreya is interesting in that they're basically the only talent vtuber fans still make the "man using a voice changer" joke on since they exclusively use a TTS device to stream, so you'll see references to them being trans but there's no actual evidence either way. Hime Whojime is funny because she's a streamer who still gets advertised by the corp despite having done like two streams total in the past year and a half, general assumption is there's some sort of Trash Taste connection the corp doesn't want to get rid of. Or not. Your guess is as good as anyone's.
VshojoJP ruffled some feathers because they're both famous former Hololive talents. Nazuna was Rushia (responsible for one of the biggest yabs and infamous graduations in vtuber history) who is generally considered to be mentally ill but a pretty good streamer when she's not having a manic episode, but while she does have subtitles she streams exclusively in Japanese so you won't hear much about her unless it's drama. Kson was formerly Coco, also one of the most infamous graduations in vtuber history, but unlike Rushia she's looked back on very fondly. A lot of people are disappointed she's not as "good" or high-effort as she was previously and that she's too coombait these days, but generally the only people who seriously hate her are chinese bugmen and weirdos like Henri.

Vshojo the corporation also catches some hate for specific incidents. Most notable is the Nux/Phishing drama, where Nux Taku (at the time very close friends with most Vshojo talents) did an expose video on the corp where he claimed there was a group of scammers going around posing as official vshojo staff recruiting indies as cover to steal their money/ID, that Nux had informed Vshojo of this, and that they were doing nothing about it which represented a danger to the community he was morally obligated to inform everyone of. At the time of the release Nux claimed to have discussed his video with various talents and staff and got a green light to release it, but after he did and it blew up Vshojo released statements claiming the opposite and disavowed him claiming that he'd fucked up an investigation they were running into the identities of the phishers.
The other major thing that comes to mind would be the never ending Vshojo auditions, where they spent months and months advertising their recruitment of new talents from the indie scene that never actually went anywhere. When they finally did wrap things up it was to redebut Haruka Karibu as a new member, one of the biggest orbiters of the corp and someone who was already in pretty deep with the talents friend group. It had the air of a sham that left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths and seemed confused and mismanaged as hell.
There are some other yabs but they're honestly kinda whatever and have the air of people who already don't like Vshojo looking for excuses not to like them further. Their dominance in certain award shows (biggest vtuber corp on twitch run by former founding twitch staff gets a lot of representation at twitch-based award shows, /vt/ in shambles). I've covered the major stuff that comes to mind first.
OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT: Vshojo's company tagline they use to advertise themselves with is "Talent Freedom". As in, the talents don't have traditional management and are free to do and stream whatever they want. Cue shitposting about whatever controversy or un-seiso behaviour a talent has gotten up to having "Talent Freedom"! spammed over it.

Last edited:

hololive ruined /jp/

yeah i'm not watching somehting i read about in real time.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom