"NOOO NOT THE FUCKING 'CASH NOW', NOT THESE FUCKING COMMERCIALS!!! FUCK THERE'S SO MANY OF THEEESE!!!"Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autisticus

My translation is in french so yeah ( from my understanding vshojo managenement didnt let her play the wizard game?

"Yesterday on stream I said that I would play Harry Potter, but management got in touch and it turns out it's NG. Sorry about that."

Other Vshojo members have said management advised them not to stream the game, but it wasn't a binding order or anything. Silvervale just happened to be the only one who decided to do it anyways. No clue if that's consistent with the JP side, though.

This is also the right decision at the moment, considering yesterday. Most Japanese vtubers are spared by the mob, but Pikamee got backlash due to her prominence in the EN sphere and I think Nazuna being connected to Vshojo and the Silvervale drama would make her a target as well. Not to mention her psycho antis being willing to take any opportunity to attack her and joining in with the mob.

Nazuna absolutely would not be able to handle the potential harassment right now on top of all the other shit she has going on.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
"Yesterday on stream I said that I would play Harry Potter, but management got in touch and it turns out it's NG. Sorry about that."

Other Vshojo members have said management advised them not to stream the game, but it wasn't a binding order or anything. Silvervale just happened to be the only one who decided to do it anyways. No clue if that's consistent with the JP side, though.

This is also the right decision at the moment, considering yesterday. Most Japanese vtubers are spared by the mob, but Pikamee got backlash due to her prominence in the EN sphere and I think Nazuna being connected to Vshojo and the Silvervale drama would make her a target as well. Not to mention her psycho antis being willing to take any opportunity to attack her and joining in with the mob.

Nazuna absolutely would not be able to handle the potential harassment right now on top of all the other shit she has going on.

Everyone knows the best way to handle unstable explosives is to violently shake it though. What's the worst that could happen?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
So totally off-topic, but I was digging through my old reddit history. I found this post which is nearly 10 years old to the date. It was an explanation of how early reddit got completely pozzed thanks to SomethingAwful infiltration creating ShitRedditSays. Feels especially relevant considering the way things have gone recently, especially with GamingCircleJerk. Posting here for a history lesson for you who might a bit newer to the Internet than us oldfags.
Reddit Infiltration.jpg

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Last edited:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Time for a beach date with Sava!.... in the middle of February :shiinastare:

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty

Fubuki is streaming Hello Neighbor…..for some reason.

Baldis Basics Stream when.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
It seems that in March YT is implementing a new interpretation of livestreaming policy where "a channel that live streams content displaying someone holding, handling, or transporting a firearm may temporarily or permanently lose their ability to live stream." That seems broad enough to cover things like playing an FPS on stream, gun cleaning streams, models holding a gun in their hand, or Ame doing target practice during her handcam stream. Watch this cancel any F:NV streams now that holos finally got perms.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
and some of you fuckers had the audacity to judge me for watching Vshojo because your oshi Lia was so much more wholesome and seiso and totally not a schizo by comparison
Lol you actually took a shitpost like that seriously?

Lia is in a mutually abusive relationship with her chat. Lia is a bit of a brat, shares cursed content and tries to filter chat. Chat tries to goad her into doing stuff she doesn't want to do, like read her cringe fanfic or turn her shock collar to 10 during yesterday's shock collar stream. It's an interesting dynamic and I try to catch all of her streams.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
>All your moderators must be employees.
>Their employment and salary is as solid as it can get.
It's funny because he could have made a valid point but then completely outs himself as a retard fellating his foot. It's even more funny because the point was also made by Pippa in her relevant steams when talking about independent vrs corpo Vtuber.
Classic example of why people should lurk more.
He should just lurk forever because he's retarded. So because he learned what a corpo vtuber is he looses all comprehension that indie Vtubers also exist? He deserves to be bullied.
What the fuck does any of that mean?
I have covid and somebody keeps making romantic tik toks of a character (Shu Itsuki) that IS ALL MINE NOT THEIRS and it's making me feel like I used to (in her juvenile tumblr days?) about this character. ~LIA

Kalion

:)
It seems that in March YT is implementing a new interpretation of livestreaming policy where "a channel that live streams content displaying someone holding, handling, or transporting a firearm may temporarily or permanently lose their ability to live stream." That seems broad enough to cover things like playing an FPS on stream, gun cleaning streams, models holding a gun in their hand, or Ame doing target practice during her handcam stream. Watch this cancel any F:NV streams now that holos finally got perms.
Do you have a link to this new policy? The current policy (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7667605?hl=en) says "Note: this does not include firearms in video games."

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
So totally off-topic, but I was digging through my old reddit history. I found this post which is nearly 10 years old to the date. It was an explanation of how early reddit got completely pozzed thanks to SomethingAwful infiltration creating ShitRedditSays. Feels especially relevant considering the way things have gone recently, especially with GamingCircleJerk. Posting here for a history lesson for you who might a bit newer to the Internet than us oldfags.
View attachment 14444
It all comes back to SomethingAwful, huh?

I honestly had no idea about some of this, though I remembered people talking about how the social justice warrior movement had its roots in SA. It's a bit funny, but mostly sad that so much of current online culture can be traced back to a few feminists online using SA/tumblr to spread their ideology. I wonder how the internet would've been had they not done so many gayops.

Netscaper

Early Adopter
She shares her cats on her Keekihime Twitter all the time. She keeps them hidden on her Kiara handle to not dox herself. As if her roommate identity wasn't already an open secret.

The problem with Kiara and her cats is less the doxing and more her breaking Keyfave. Because at the start, she talked about having 2 cats, which she called Chonkers and Smoothie. Kinda dumb to not outright say the real names, but I get it. Helps you get in character, reminds possible guests that they are currently in character, separating naming conventions. Plus she never shuts up about her cats.
Now the thing is, I don't remember if she or a fan came out with the orange and green design but, Takanashi Kiara, the dimension travelling phoenix, has 2 magical cats, Chonkers and Smoothie. And they are green and orange. That is established part of her lore. Showing the cats not being of that color breaks character, which 99% of the audience will not give a fuck, but still.

By comparison, Calli just made up 2 names and that is it. No overcomplication, no fuss, and if they show up on stream there is no problem.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
No idea, I caught final minutes with Ike then she went into superchats and I was out. The Millie stream contains "female prostitute" and "vagina" not censored, so no idea what this is about
>This Video is Private
Didn't watch the stream but…why? Did Ike or her say something that needed to be edited out?
Still have no exact reasons but the VOD should be up at later time or so.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Lia has another twitter account outside of the one people know about which she hasn't used in a month (although nobody seems to have found it yet, might be locked). She has a habit of once in a while tweeting on the wrong account but someone screen capped the tweet.
FppdV6haUAALxtL
It doesn't really hit different from any other Lia tweet or statement so I don't know what the big deal is.

This is also the right decision at the moment, considering yesterday.
Is it the right decision considering the day before yesterday, when Silver said "screw it" and streamed wizard game again to huge numbers? Is it the right decision in that now apparently the whole fandom is throwing the "talent freedom" meme back in their face?

Maybe warn her of the potential backlash, then let her stream it. The people who are angry about this will never be appeased anyway. Of all the things for
Vshojo management to actually manage, this is the dumbest.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Fpq99lAXsAIiRBs.png

Just saw this chick on Twitter and while it's obviously a coincidence, I can't help but think she looks like a literal My Original Character, Do Not Steal recolour of Yuri's old design.
1677179657428.png1677179744786.png

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
The crackdown on gun youtubers has been years in the making. I can think back to even before the wuhan flu happened that guntubers were complaining against bullshit takedowns.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

UberSoldat

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Do you have a link to this new policy? The current policy (https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7667605?hl=en) says "Note: this does not include firearms in video games."
I don't have a direct link, someone mentioned it in the homeland here: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/us-politics-general.111266/post-15075478

If the existing policy expressly excludes video games, that's probably going to be enough for most purposes, but I'm guessing we won't see Botan playing with gun models in her 3D streams anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom