"I think Latina women are like a bear trap dressed in flowers"Busujima Bibi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
You guys have very strange impressions of the people you watch. I don't know how you could expect normality from a guy who couldn't pass A STREAM without talking about how VERY WORRIED HE IS ALL THE TIME. It was obvious from miles away that Vesper was suffering from terrible anxiety. Nothing changed for me with this situation except that I learned that he's bad at communication, and that has to improve because it will cause problems in his professional career. But someone who laughs nervously while talking over and over and over again in each stream of how scared he is, it's not ok in the head, and whoever thought he was made a mistake.
Maybe it's different for me because I've already dealt with people with social anxiety and the last one I saw, passed out in a mall.
I didn't expect much normality from Vesper, but I also personally never expected "I literally can't even function" tier levels of bad social anxiety as I've never met anyone that bad. I've seen people get nervous and want to leave after seeing or being in a crowd for too long, or being too shy to approach new people, or people who just only stay with two or three people total and never want to meet more, but I've never seen or experienced anything quite this bad.

I guess I'm just too: :optimistic:

Seeing how quick some of you people are to announce you're no longer fans of vesper or hold him in high regard over a condition that, to my knowledge, he hasn't gone into detail on, is pretty pitiful. Maybe pippa was right earlier when she said she feels like /vt/ culture is spreading out beyond /vt/.
Vesper is still either my favorite or second favorite member of Tempus (to which Axel would be my favorite) depending on the day. I just feel bad that he has this much going on for him.

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
I didn't expect much normality from Vesper, but I also personally never expected "I literally can't even function" tier levels of bad social anxiety as I've never met anyone that bad. I've seen people get nervous and want to leave after seeing or being in a crowd for too long, or being too shy to approach new people, or people who just only stay with two or three people total and never want to meet more, but I've never seen or experienced anything quite this bad.

I guess I'm just too: :optimistic:

Vesper is still either my favorite or second favorite member of Tempus (to which Axel would be my favorite) depending on the day. I just feel bad that he has this much going on for him.
Maybe this is oversharing but whatever. I have a family member from Gen X, not millennial or zoomer, who literally experiences panic attacks at times, and the biggest one i know of related to a big travel trip out of the country once. I get that zoomers and the like are coddled and were never taught to do basic things, but my family member was independent from a very early age. I don't know what causes it for everyone, but it is a real thing that happens and just screws you up. I don't know Vesper's situation, I don't know what meds he's using or whatever - and if he was on them then if he didn't have them that's BOUND to fuck you up, but it just seems profoundly retarded, from my perspective, to treat this like its him being some kind of wimp or whatever. Yeah, maybe he should have been more careful and made sure he would have stuff taken care of if it was medication that was vital to his functioning - and its also possible he didn't anticipate it was going to hit him like a sack of bricks. We don't know the man's situation.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Social anxiety for the most part is just Millennial and Zoomer code for not wanting to make phone calls on the job as they might be difficult.
as a bae-tier zoomer, I can only say that thats true. I am no exception, phone calls scare the hell out of me
But I'm a NEET so I dont have to do them anyways

so that this post isnt just a response:
Kiara confirmed in her current stream that the soon upcoming 2nd trip to japan will again be a month long and she heavily implied that she will stay together with where-ever Ina and Gura currently are and further implied that more people will join them (Ame)

all to say the MYTHHOUSE IS REAAL

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Kirsche just gave Proctor a shoutout at about 1:00 on her current stream.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Surely Vesper's menhara will stay under control since he's back home and can hide in his room all the time. :optimistic::optimistic::optimistic:

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Kirsche just gave Proctor a shoutout at about 1:00 on her current stream.
I was just about to ask which one of you goofy autists asked for it lmao.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I was just about to ask which one of you goofy autists asked for it lmao.
Me. Now I just need to work out how this bit stuff on Twitch works, I think that's worth a few dollars of support.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
If by "/vt/ culture" you mean nasty cuzzes on the internet being horrible and annoying, then I'm sorry to say that they predate the creation of vtubers.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Me. Now I just need to work out how this bit stuff on Twitch works, I think that's worth a few dollars of support.
Oh. Yeah that makes sense what with the name.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Screenshot_27.png
$0

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
You should give those few dollars to Proctor-sama, then he can give them to Kirsche. Actually because of all the middle men make it five, or even ten just to be safe.

I have a life, you know.
Prove it. You can't.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I have zero patience with people who have social anxiety. I'm not a total paragon of steely-eyed resolve myself; I get nervous, I second-guess myself, I berate myself over perceived failures. But at the end of the day you have to just push all that aside and say to yourself 'I'll deal with it later' then get the hell on with what you were supposed to be doing.

In most of the cases I've observed, there's a weird intersection between social anxiety and self-importance. I just don't really care what other people think of me enough to really get antsy about how they perceive me. If you're reduced to paranoid hysteria by public interaction, it kind of means to me that you feel the world will somehow change if you don't live up to their expectations. Pretty arrogant to assume you mean that much to so many.

That's just my horribly warped attitude, though.
I sort of understand people who struggle with social situations?
Without power-leveling too much, i used to be pretty strange as a kid/teen, and others my age usually distanced themselves because of my perceived eccentricity, i was also pretty shy and awkward around other people.

That said, i have never been literally afraid of strangers or large groups of people, so i can't really empathize with people who are terrified by social situations, on the contrary, i have always secretly liked standing out and being looked up to by others, which is definitely not the same thing.
But i do understand feeling isolated from everyone else and unable to really connect with others and then both seeking others' approval and resenting them, the difference is that i eventually grew out of it and overcame that flaw, even if doing so did make me insanely distrustful of others.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

first time watching someone stream Geogeussr

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Honestly, I'm actually surprised there hasn't been anyone with a severe case of the tism trying to look at Tesla company event photos trying to find the small tiny asian girl.
.... I gave up :pippasadl:
/vt/ seems convinced pippa and zax are no longer together. what gives? they didn't do the cookie thing at the end of the last year, so that's one indication i suppose. anything else?
They haven't lived together for... I might be wrong but I want to say it's like 10 months, she's moved again since. I don't think they live that far apart so cookies could have happened, although I only saw Zax talking about it, I might be retarded though and missed stuff.
>small tiny Asian girl
>at a Tesla event
Needle, meet haystack
It's all needles and haystacks.... "Oh she modeled for taobao let me just search that up and....." that's like saying you modeled for ebay adds or something.... :annoyedpippa:
"Attractive short Asian cosplayer girl in California" it's 70% of any Con...... Memaaw I kneel :shiinastare:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom