"You're too weak to survive. You are too fragile of a human being to even be worth the oxygen you consume, you little bitch."Pipkin Pippa

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalion

:)
the manager of Aura adressed the situation

Archive

"We didn't mean to inflate the view count, we swear!"
Who the fuck does the think he's fooling?

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Once again, I want some of whatever the motherfuckers that make these is smoking.

In a land where they'll toss you in prison for a decade for basically any amphetamine-class drugs, it's clear whatever the Hologra team has needs to be bottled and sold. Cover is clearly missing their biggest money making opportunity.

Limkin

"We didn't mean to inflate the view count, we swear!"
Who the fuck does the think he's fooling?
It's like they looked at the ongoing Linus' controversy and went "Damn, this guy knows his way around the PR disasters, we should say the same thing he did!". For context, he sold a prototype of a hardware he got for a review and was supposed to return. Without contacting a company who made it. And his excuse was that he "auctioned it, not sold". That's literally the same shit

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Some bird shit is hitting your head in about 20 minutes, by the way.

I'm biased and it helps that the song is in English, but this is now my top Holo unit MV and song.

Oddly, the English CCs translate the gratuitous Japanese ("Our kawaisa's criminal" -> "Our cuteness is criminal") but not the gratuitous Indonesian ("this lagu's irresistible" is left as is). The Japanese CCs translate everything.

The full body bird, mascot, and bird suit dances are on Eleos' twitter:

Speaking of unit songs and translations, there is backmasking which isn't subtitled in the intro of Labyrinthine Labyrinth.

My no-effort searching hasn't turned up any translations.

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
In a land where they'll toss you in prison for a decade for basically any amphetamine-class drugs, it's clear whatever the Hologra team has needs to be bottled and sold. Cover is clearly missing their biggest money making opportunity.
Cool bit of half-rumor half-basically-confirmed trivia.

Back in the early days of vtubing there was a group called Gamebu, mostly know these days for an infamous scandal where they mistreated and then replaced the talents behind their members and basically killed their audience because of it.

Anyway, Gamebu had a skit team. They would do short, scripted videos, using 3d animation, stock assets and backgrounds, and quickly developed a rapid-fire, absurdist style. Videos were around 1 minute at most. They even tagged their videos titles "【アニメ】".

In April 2019, Gamebu's talents quit due to some sort of mistreatment, but were able to negotiate a return later that month. Likely because of this, in June, Gamebu started replacing their talents. The last Gamebu skit in what we now know as the Hologra style was released on June 10. After that, Gamebu's skits transformed into 5-10 minute short story style videos with a completely different writing style.

Hologra started in May 2019. The overlap can probably be explained by episodes already in production. Of course it was never officially said that this was the old Gamebu team, but I think the style overlap shows it 99%. And to this day I think picking up the Gamebu skit team is one of Cover's biggest wins.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

BEEG Booba Fishing

Once again, I want some of whatever the motherfuckers that make these is smoking.

Nerissa in shambles, a second chicken got in before her.

I'm not sure if I like them using their branches' languages instead of just forcing Mumei to speak japanese because everyone else is good at it, but since that's what they stuck with, missed chance for Kiara to say her lines in german to add to the chaos.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Back in the early days of vtubing there was a group called Gamebu, mostly know these days for an infamous scandal where they mistreated and then replaced the talents behind their members and basically killed their audience because of it.

Anyway, Gamebu had a skit team. They would do short, scripted videos, using 3d animation, stock assets and backgrounds, and quickly developed a rapid-fire, absurdist style. Videos were around 1 minute at most. They even tagged their videos titles "【アニメ】".

In April 2019, Gamebu's talents quit due to some sort of mistreatment, but were able to negotiate a return later that month. Likely because of this, in June, Gamebu started replacing their talents. The last Gamebu skit in what we now know as the Hologra style was released on June 10. After that, Gamebu's skits transformed into 5-10 minute short story style videos with a completely different writing style.

Hologra started in May 2019. The overlap can probably be explained by episodes already in production. Of course it was never officially said that this was the old Gamebu team, but I think the style overlap shows it 99%. And to this day I think picking up the Gamebu skit team is one of Cover's biggest wins.

Very interesting. Yeah, the video you linked is definitely the same creative staff that Hologra uses. You can also tell when they use other staff, but the levels of insanity just aren't there. Very interesting. Yeah, they've been a great pickup for Cover.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Lamy is feeling better so she will stream at 22h JST. She is not sure if she is gonna come back from her coof break though.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Heads up to anyone who doesn't know. The west coast is about to get hit by a hurricane - an incredibly rare event. Lots of SoCal are nothing but desert. They are about to get months/years worth of rain in days. Flooding is bound to be catastrophic. Pray for your oshis.
Cali getting flooded?! This should be entertaining to watch!

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
Clio is showing her new daki tonight.
:holohag::hololove:

:vespernosebleed::Vesper-SEEEX!::vespernosebleed:

HAAAAAAAAAG SEEEEEEEEEEEEGGS!!!
View attachment 40962
Congrats you made it to /vt/
View attachment 40964
Anon is definitely /here/

Containment breach! Which one of you Nïggers did it huh?

Could I interest you fellas in a metal vtuber? Obkatiekat is pretty cool. I mean sure she's British but you eventually get used to how mildly insufferable it is

Lol, Obkatiekat has a :toiletpaperroll: the size of Nolan's autism. Lots of lads at /vt/ would love to be her oshi.

the manager of Aura adressed the situation

Archive

The typical we got caught but we ain't the only one doin' it so it's okay excuse.

Yagoo should really change his name to YAGOD with these kinds of hires.
:robertudrink:

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

This was an original song, seems like.

Edit: sorry, it is a cover song

are you not like one of the anime watchers here DO YOUR REPS. this is the song was was super rumored to be written by Metallica for whatever reason. (i guess because all metal has to be written by A Band and not the writer of said band even )
Holy fuck did he drudge the MGR rejected music vaults for the lyrics to this?
Hard to imagine Bettel singing this when irl he looks like a hobo but holy shit he really put the effort in there
Man really took a joke and used it to shill for an original cover metal song and some merch, i kneel
I'm ashamed of you all. even the ones that don't watch anime. SMH right now.
She did say in her twitter space that we might be surprised by a few songs on the set list.
color me retarded but can someone explain to me why these songs are unexpected? I must be missing something Bakamitai is stupid popular both as a meme and on it's own and so is Renai Circulation to a lesser extent. Ill admit Ahoy was a shock tho.
I think her current design just really translates better to 3D than some other designs. I think Fauna, Mumei, and Kronii look quite good, at least better than Myth, as well, but Bae's design doesn't lend well to 3D.
Extra painful for Bae shes the "dancer" of the group.
Man, I'm really noticing how fluid the model is with Beserker; as some had said already, this needs to be the standard going forward.
Hard to standardize since they need to do it from scratch for basically every model.
You say that acting like most rock fans are not like unkempt hobos
fixed that for ya.
I didn't know what to expect with Bettel's August 19th thing nor the Holotori song, but both gave me everything I could've wanted and more. I'm so glad Holotori exists and while Deadman Wonderland isn't the best show it holds some good memories for me.

Just all around great job
Just wanna mention Anyone going into the show expecting quality look elsewhere like the source for example (LN i think) the anime has it's own ending which kinda fucks with the theme that was being built up. it is fun though.
I'm quite excited for Nerissa's originals, she has musical talent, lyric-writing chops, some EN connections, and also the power of Just Asking Kiara.
Eh I get not asking Orange Woman. who presumably has a lot on her plate with all the work she does whatever cover has her doing in the backround her own private projects her streaming projects and now Holotori.

I'm not sure if I like them using their branches' languages instead of just forcing Mumei to speak japanese because everyone else is good at it, but since that's what they stuck with, missed chance for Kiara to say her lines in german to add to the chaos.
Didin't Nerissa talk about not wanting to join Holotori?

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Only a short piece of Shiina singing, but she has an amazing voice.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Mio's birthday party has been going on for a bit. The first half was a fun board game and now is a bunch of lovely performances.

19675.jpg
19681.jpg

Edit: She also has a music video coming out right after.

1st Album release confirmed for December! I'm so happy for this hag man :hololove:
19694.jpg

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Speaking of the ADL

That's a damn big move from Aviel. This might have really far reaching reprocussions.

This will be interesting to read, but I think people are going to make far more of this than they should. IdolCorp is currently not a profitable business. It may become profitable in the future, but right now it's not, and there is no guarantee that the contract resembles the contract talents are offered at a profitable company (or even a company that's starting out that will become profitable in the future), especially in regards to profit split and benefits offered.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

I'm not sure this is even a directoral choice. See the recent Hologra where Gura spoke Japanese and Kiara spoke English because reasons.

It might actually be the talent's choice.

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
This will be interesting to read, but I think people are going to make far more of this than they should. IdolCorp is currently not a profitable business. It may become profitable in the future, but right now it's not, and there is no guarantee that the contract resembles the contract talents are offered at a profitable company (or even a company that's starting out that will become profitable in the future), especially in regards to profit split and benefits offered.
I was going to try and disprove your point but then I looked at idol's superchat revenue, it's surprisingly low.
1692532753693.png1692532791736.png
Rin gets 1.4k average viewers and yuko gets 500 viewers on average. Yet they don't even get the superchats Shiina gets with her 400 viewers.
1692532894073.png1692533022732.png
And when you look at Pippa's revenue the difference becomes truly glaring.
How do you guys explain such a difference ? Do they just not read superchats ?

Negzana

Kaela streaming in 45 minutes. She's probably going to 100% Holocure today. She finished 0.6 in 3 streams, 2 since it actually released. Kay sweating bullets right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom