"Everytime I drink milk I play the 'sickness gacha', sometimes I'll throw it up! and sometimes I'll get lucky!"Fujikura Uruka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
You've got plenty of time, boss man typed "5000 posts" when he meant "5000 pages" and we still have over 400 pages to go.
oh shit you are right! I'm sorry I was like "It has to be like in 20 pages, huh"

this is now my legacy:
https://thevirtualasylum.com/threads/general-vtuber-discussion.1/post-151082']post[/URL] | Empty_Inbox cannot read

Last edited:

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Also for those of you who were talking about the gender split stuff last week.

Yuko female viewership is surprisingly a lot higher than I expected.
1690830791458.png

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

wow, that cover's gonna be fire.

If you go to the YouTube page, there's a 40-second "trailer" you can listen to, and yes, it's perfect. Spooder without limiters is an amazing thing.

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Yuko female viewership is surprisingly a lot higher than I expected.
View attachment 38784

1 "female":smugina:2 Sisters hate watching 3 aspies taking notes to try and ape her if they ever debut 4 Yuko's cool probably has some legit female fans
smugyuko.png

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Clip, info, art:

Fubuki achieved the (almost) impossible.

Zephyrianna, the metal-focused vtuber who debuted (redebuted?) about two months ago has an upcoming collab with fellow metal-focused vtuber, and one of the forum favorites, Mana Futakuchi with the topic being "mental health", and one of the topics being "ableism". Considering Mana is part of this, it'll no doubt be super fun and informative (lol)...

No idea what that means for her, but sounds like the discussion might be more personal for Zephyrianna. The title of the stream is "Addressing the elephant in the room".

Seems like they have some friendly history together, but something happened at some point. I don't know the details, as I don't pay attention to either much, outside of checking out some Zeph covers every once in a while. Someone else might be able to fill in the gaps.

Like I said, I don't pay attention to Mana, outside of occasionally checking for another sperg-out to laugh at when I'm bored. Nor do I pay much attention to Zeph, outside of maybe listening to a cover from her once or twice, so I don't know the lore between the two of them. I know some people here have mentioned her in the past, so figured I'd share since I noticed it while scrolling through YouTube.

Real slim pickings for us metal fans in this sphere. And considering my preference for the more extreme metal side, I feel like the best I've gotten so far that isn't Mana (because I'd rather not) is just the knowledge that Jelly said she listens to death metal sometimes.
:urtearingmeapart:

Today is Lia's birthday!

Phase super fan Miia made a nice drawing of her, I assume because of the occasion

Her birthday stream will be happening in a little less than four hours.

And to top it all off, Lia recently hit 70K subscribers on YT! Good for her. She's been working hard lately, and she definitely deserves it. Hopefully she'll be seeing 100k by the end of the year, at least.

In relation to the top banner, it's getting harder and harder to search and see if info has already been shared in this thread. Between the massive amount of posts per day and the search function currently broken, I'm just going off of memory from when I scrolled through each page the one time. So, I don't remember seeing any of this stuff, but clock me if I'm late.

Horo7618

No one in particular

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Seems like they have some friendly history together, but something happened at some point. I don't know the details, as I don't pay attention to either much, outside of checking out some Zeph covers every once in a while. Someone else might be able to fill in the gaps.

Like I said, I don't pay attention to Mana, outside of occasionally checking for another sperg-out to laugh at when I'm bored. Nor do I pay much attention to Zeph, outside of maybe listening to a cover from her once or twice, so I don't know the lore between the two of them. I know some people here have mentioned her in the past, so figured I'd share since I noticed it while scrolling through YouTube.

Real slim pickings for us metal fans in this sphere. And considering my preference for the more extreme metal side, I feel like the best I've gotten so far that isn't Mana (because I'd rather not) is just the knowledge that Jelly said she listens to death metal sometimes.
:urtearingmeapart:

I recall seeing a post that alleged that Mana's old manager that scammed her "turned" Zepharynna against her somehow, causing some bad blood that was eventually cleared up when Mana ditched him fully

Still, i hope she doesnt sperg in the future against Zepharinna somehow, i guess she has managed to keep her on stream sperging on the down low since the ukraine thing

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Yuko female viewership is surprisingly high than I expected.
View attachment 38784

The only explanation I can think of is that the majority are boo bros who put girl on their google account gender for potential grooming purposes. Otherwise this will be me until further notice.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
🐺 Time
AI-RI being a goofball "dancing" to a classic viral song

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

braindoko

dedication: the vtuber

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

chihirogumi

I don't know how I feel about killing the thread at 5,000 pages. I want to see how high we can get.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Good evening TVA, this is your boy God's Strongest Sanalite. This date, July 31st, 2023, marks the one year anniversary of the graduation of Hololive English 2nd generation talent, and my god-oshi above all, Tsukumo Sana. Usually when the topic of Sana's graduation comes up, I tend to get sad and depressed. I'll doompost and get a bunch of feels reactions. It's understandable, I think, but that's not the point of this post. Unlike Mark Antony, I have come to praise Sana, not to bury her.

Sana made an immediate and lasting impression on me, through her beautiful design and unique and boundlessly positive personality. Even on my worst of days, I could tune into to the new Sana stream and have my fears and anxieties melted away by the most cheerful gal in all the universe. Sana's streams were the definition of "cozy", as you kicked back and watched a chill game like Kirby or Animal Crossing while a sweet girl talked to you in a funny accent. She could also be insanely creative, as evidenced by the Neighbula and Kimono reveal streams. She was also willing to tap into her own lore as guardian of space with the astrology streams, something I don't notice often from other EN members. It makes me sad, knowing I'll never re-live those days again.

In hindsight, Sana's graduation was obviously coming, but as I watched that announcement stream on July 11th, 2022, my heart sank upon hearing the words from her mouth. I was taken entirely by surprise, and for the rest of the month, despite me doing my best to support her, I had difficulty even watching Sana, knowing the end was soon approaching. It was like looking at somebody you knew was gonna die and there was nothing you could do to stop it. I felt powerless, I was depressed. The graduation stream came, and it was amazing, but even as Sana left, my grief stayed. I found it difficult to move on. I don't blame myself for the way I was, Sana was important to me, but looking back on it a year later, I see things a different way now.

If it weren't for Sana's graduation and the lingering emotions I had about it, I wouldn't have made my account here the way I did. I wouldn't have picked up the gyaru appreciator shtick, and I probably wouldn't have gone out of my way to look into more dark-skinned/gyaru vtubers. I wouldn't have found girls like Tomoe, Mozu, Sena Bonbon, some of my favorite creators today.

Sana is not dead because I've taken the love I had for her and shared it with the people in my life, both the anime girls on my screen and my friends and family IRL. I think that's what Sana would've wanted.

To whomever reads this, perhaps you're like me, and have lost your favorite vtuber after a graduation. Maybe you were lucky, and they quickly reincarnated under a different alias. Maybe they never came back and never will. Maybe you've never experienced such a thing at all, but who's to say if that will remain the case come 3 months, 6, even a year or two down the road? The clock's ticking, and these happy times we take for granted now will one day leave us behind. When that time inevitably comes, we can feel hopeless and depressed, like the light from our life has been snuffed out, and all that's left is cold darkness, but I don't think that's true. I will never watch a new Sana stream in my life, but I still have the archives, my experiences, my memories and my love for her, and I carry them with me everyday, and through everything I do, I share a little bit of Sana with the world. Thus explaining the title of her graduation stream:

Sana IS eternal because of us Sanalites, and not because of themed accounts or annual sadposts about her leaving, but because we carry her through our daily lives, in our hearts and minds and actions. Without invoking concepts of the afterlife and spirituality, that's the closest thing to immortality than any human can hope to achieve.

Despite it being the one year anniversary of my oshi's graduation, I'm not as sad as I thought I'd be. Over the past year, I've made new friends, and re-connected with old ones. I've gained and lost family and shared many happy days and experiences with them. I've discovered new and entertaining vtubers that I've become a regular viewer of. Throughout all of this, I've kept Sana with me, my love for her and my grief over her graduating, but it doesn't hurt the same way it used to half a year ago. I still have that Sana-shaped hole in my heart, and likely always will, but it feels like it's gotten smaller as my love for other people in my life have moved in. I think I've genuinely been healing, and I can owe it to one simple truth:

I'm not alone.

I love you Sana :sanasmile:

Why do people like Sana? I always felt like she was low quality bottom of the barrel Hololive.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
I don't know how I feel about killing the thread at 5,000 pages. I want to see how high we can get.
I’d prefer the site to continue functioning rather than seeing number go up.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Grimmi is taking a stand.

1690833086303.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom