"Social Justice Warrior Certificate? I don't want this. I don't even like Twitter"Tenma Maemi

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensok

Early Adopter

I already talked about how Lapu chan got a cactus to fight the feeling of being lonely,now she has Tamagotchi and has plants for a Snake pet :D or a cat

Hope she goes all out and gets a Burmese Python then.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Speaking of Mikecat, I love how this guy represented her with a green Donkey Kong :whatastory:

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

One year.

Eternal by @lightklok.jpg

You're Not Alone by @underdatv.jpg

I miss you by @ArtKouchiku .jpg

hanging around by @dellydraws .jpg

We're not alone by @DDOLBANG11 .jpg

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Speaking of Mikecat, I love how this guy represented her with a green Donkey Kong :whatastory:

And named himself "Uruha Rushia". She rolled with the punches well on that one.
:SelenHAHAhere:

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

I already talked about how Lapu chan got a cactus to fight the feeling of being lonely,now she has Tamagotchi and has plants for a Snake pet :D or a cat

My nigga Jill when the new La+ pet snake gets revealed

At least she is aware that Uruha Rushia san is way better than her

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
My nigga Jill when the new La+ pet snake gets revealed

At least she is aware that Uruha Rushia san is way better than her

dont let the fact that wagahai is considering on getting a snake let you forget about the fact that pekora bought a fucking monkey

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Good evening TVA, this is your boy God's Strongest Sanalite. This date, July 31st, 2023, marks the one year anniversary of the graduation of Hololive English 2nd generation talent, and my god-oshi above all, Tsukumo Sana. Usually when the topic of Sana's graduation comes up, I tend to get sad and depressed. I'll doompost and get a bunch of feels reactions. It's understandable, I think, but that's not the point of this post. Unlike Mark Antony, I have come to praise Sana, not to bury her.

Sana made an immediate and lasting impression on me, through her beautiful design and unique and boundlessly positive personality. Even on my worst of days, I could tune into to the new Sana stream and have my fears and anxieties melted away by the most cheerful gal in all the universe. Sana's streams were the definition of "cozy", as you kicked back and watched a chill game like Kirby or Animal Crossing while a sweet girl talked to you in a funny accent. She could also be insanely creative, as evidenced by the Neighbula and Kimono reveal streams. She was also willing to tap into her own lore as guardian of space with the astrology streams, something I don't notice often from other EN members. It makes me sad, knowing I'll never re-live those days again.

In hindsight, Sana's graduation was obviously coming, but as I watched that announcement stream on July 11th, 2022, my heart sank upon hearing the words from her mouth. I was taken entirely by surprise, and for the rest of the month, despite me doing my best to support her, I had difficulty even watching Sana, knowing the end was soon approaching. It was like looking at somebody you knew was gonna die and there was nothing you could do to stop it. I felt powerless, I was depressed. The graduation stream came, and it was amazing, but even as Sana left, my grief stayed. I found it difficult to move on. I don't blame myself for the way I was, Sana was important to me, but looking back on it a year later, I see things a different way now.

If it weren't for Sana's graduation and the lingering emotions I had about it, I wouldn't have made my account here the way I did. I wouldn't have picked up the gyaru appreciator shtick, and I probably wouldn't have gone out of my way to look into more dark-skinned/gyaru vtubers. I wouldn't have found girls like Tomoe, Mozu, Sena Bonbon, some of my favorite creators today.

Sana is not dead because I've taken the love I had for her and shared it with the people in my life, both the anime girls on my screen and my friends and family IRL. I think that's what Sana would've wanted.

To whomever reads this, perhaps you're like me, and have lost your favorite vtuber after a graduation. Maybe you were lucky, and they quickly reincarnated under a different alias. Maybe they never came back and never will. Maybe you've never experienced such a thing at all, but who's to say if that will remain the case come 3 months, 6, even a year or two down the road? The clock's ticking, and these happy times we take for granted now will one day leave us behind. When that time inevitably comes, we can feel hopeless and depressed, like the light from our life has been snuffed out, and all that's left is cold darkness, but I don't think that's true. I will never watch a new Sana stream in my life, but I still have the archives, my experiences, my memories and my love for her, and I carry them with me everyday, and through everything I do, I share a little bit of Sana with the world. Thus explaining the title of her graduation stream:

Sana IS eternal because of us Sanalites, and not because of themed accounts or annual sadposts about her leaving, but because we carry her through our daily lives, in our hearts and minds and actions. Without invoking concepts of the afterlife and spirituality, that's the closest thing to immortality than any human can hope to achieve.

Despite it being the one year anniversary of my oshi's graduation, I'm not as sad as I thought I'd be. Over the past year, I've made new friends, and re-connected with old ones. I've gained and lost family and shared many happy days and experiences with them. I've discovered new and entertaining vtubers that I've become a regular viewer of. Throughout all of this, I've kept Sana with me, my love for her and my grief over her graduating, but it doesn't hurt the same way it used to half a year ago. I still have that Sana-shaped hole in my heart, and likely always will, but it feels like it's gotten smaller as my love for other people in my life have moved in. I think I've genuinely been healing, and I can owe it to one simple truth:

I'm not alone.

I love you Sana :sanasmile:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Good evening TVA, this is your boy God's Strongest Sanalite. This date, July 31st, 2023, marks the one year anniversary of the graduation of Hololive English 2nd generation talent, and my god-oshi above all, Tsukumo Sana. Usually when the topic of Sana's graduation comes up, I tend to get sad and depressed. I'll doompost and get a bunch of feels reactions. It's understandable, I think, but that's not the point of this post. Unlike Mark Antony, I have come to praise Sana, not to bury her.

Sana made an immediate and lasting impression on me, through her beautiful design and unique and boundlessly positive personality. Even on my worst of days, I could tune into to the new Sana stream and have my fears and anxieties melted away by the most cheerful gal in all the universe. Sana's streams were the definition of "cozy", as you kicked back and watched a chill game like Kirby or Animal Crossing while a sweet girl talked to you in a funny accent. She could also be insanely creative, as evidenced by the Neighbula and Kimono reveal streams. She was also willing to tap into her own lore as guardian of space with the astrology streams, something I don't notice often from other EN members. It makes me sad, knowing I'll never re-live those days again.

In hindsight, Sana's graduation was obviously coming, but as I watched that announcement stream on July 11th, 2022, my heart sank upon hearing the words from her mouth. I was taken entirely by surprise, and for the rest of the month, despite me doing my best to support her, I had difficulty even watching Sana, knowing the end was soon approaching. It was like looking at somebody you knew was gonna die and there was nothing you could do to stop it. I felt powerless, I was depressed. The graduation stream came, and it was amazing, but even as Sana left, my grief stayed. I found it difficult to move on. I don't blame myself for the way I was, Sana was important to me, but looking back on it a year later, I see things a different way now.

If it weren't for Sana's graduation and the lingering emotions I had about it, I wouldn't have made my account here the way I did. I wouldn't have picked up the gyaru appreciator shtick, and I probably wouldn't have gone out of my way to look into more dark-skinned/gyaru vtubers. I wouldn't have found girls like Tomoe, Mozu, Sena Bonbon, some of my favorite creators today.

Sana is not dead because I've taken the love I had for her and shared it with the people in my life, both the anime girls on my screen and my friends and family IRL. I think that's what Sana would've wanted.

To whomever reads this, perhaps you're like me, and have lost your favorite vtuber after a graduation. Maybe you were lucky, and they quickly reincarnated under a different alias. Maybe they never came back and never will. Maybe you've never experienced such a thing at all, but who's to say if that will remain the case come 3 months, 6, even a year or two down the road? The clock's ticking, and these happy times we take for granted now will one day leave us behind. When that time inevitably comes, we can feel hopeless and depressed, like the light from our life has been snuffed out, and all that's left is cold darkness, but I don't think that's true. I will never watch a new Sana stream in my life, but I still have the archives, my experiences, my memories and my love for her, and I carry them with me everyday, and through everything I do, I share a little bit of Sana with the world. Thus explaining the title of her graduation stream:

Sana IS eternal because of us Sanalites, and not because of themed accounts or annual sadposts about her leaving, but because we carry her through our daily lives, in our hearts and minds and actions. Without invoking concepts of the afterlife and spirituality, that's the closest thing to immortality than any human can hope to achieve.

Despite it being the one year anniversary of my oshi's graduation, I'm not as sad as I thought I'd be. Over the past year, I've made new friends, and re-connected with old ones. I've gained and lost family and shared many happy days and experiences with them. I've discovered new and entertaining vtubers that I've become a regular viewer of. Throughout all of this, I've kept Sana with me, my love for her and my grief over her graduating, but it doesn't hurt the same way it used to half a year ago. I still have that Sana-shaped hole in my heart, and likely always will, but it feels like it's gotten smaller as my love for other people in my life have moved in. I think I've genuinely been healing, and I can owe it to one simple truth:

I'm not alone.

I'm not reading all that (not real, I actually did while writing this), but Sana was my kamioshi solely because of her double-digit hour pokestreams and there has been a void in my heart ever since

Sana LOVE

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Kiara is a teetotaler, so no
Hey, I know another Austrian teetotaler...
How much of it has been a gag for the viewers and how much is well, you know... not? :shiinastare:
They're two attractive women in their late twenties who have lived together since always, are always incredibly close to each other, reference wincest anime and have enthusiastically voice acted twins from a dating sim.

You draw your own conclusions.
dont let the fact that wagahai is considering on getting a snake let you forget about the fact that pekora bought a fucking monkey
Just wait for bring your pets to the Hololive office day.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Hey, I know another Austrian teetotaler...

They're two attractive women in their late twenties who have lived together since always, are always incredibly close to each other, reference wincest anime and have enthusiastically voice acted twins from a dating sim.

You draw your own conclusions.

Just wait for bring your pets to the Hololive office day.
fucking Enen is gonna bring her caucasus army isnt she

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore

The competition begins - Koseki Bijou is going trucking one hour beforehand:

AND Nerissa Ravencroft has a stream at the same time:

So prepare for multi-stream drifting with HoloDex, do your part in preventing viewer cannibalization during EN3's week of debut, but otherwise these time slots are perfect for them whenever Gura isn't streaming

Also a VTuber history lesson with Shiori Novella two hours after:

Horo7618

No one in particular
So prepare for multi-stream drifting with HoloDex, do your part in preventing viewer cannibalization during EN3's week of debut, but otherwise these time slots are perfect for them whenever Gura isn't streaming
What are you? Some kind of Cat Supremacist, leaving out the doggos like that? They're streaming at 9 ET.....

Tuwuturu

Team Slightly Menhera
Early Adopter
I'm not reading all that (not real, I actually did while writing this), but Sana was my kamioshi solely because of her double-digit hour pokestreams and there has been a void in my heart ever since

Sana LOVE
Sana is always BEEG. :sanasmile: Crazy it's been a year already, but I hope she is still as bubbly and happy as when she first joined Hololive.

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
What are you? Some kind of Cat Supremacist, leaving out the doggos like that? They're streaming at 9 ET.....

I didn't think they would do two streams in one day, but you know what, put them in the stream train as well:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Does he do anything else werid though? Like yeah it's werid but does one odd behavior really make a lolcow?
:inanerdy:
Nah he ain't a cow, Imo cows are defined by their total lack of introspection or change and their inability to not take the bait. This guy is just some rich autist wasting his dad's fortune on frivolous coomer brainrot addictions.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I'm not alone.

:sanasmile:

Also, as whenever it comes up, Astrogirl is one of the best original Hololive songs and there's few that can match it.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
The competition begins - Koseki Bijou is going trucking one hour beforehand:

AND Nerissa Ravencroft has a stream at the same time:

Also a VTuber history lesson with Shiori Novella two hours after:

What if they have that stupid 1-hour limit that Tempiss had and that's why they're all an hour apart? 🤔

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
What if they have that stupid 1-hour limit that Tempiss had and that's why they're all an hour apart? 🤔

...Wait, Fuwamoco's earlier stream was also around an hour, oh no

The FFXIV stream is going to be basically nothing if that's the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom