"My problem with chocolate is the same with boiled eggs, the scrambled bascuats (biscuits), I cannot swallow it, I've told you the story about that because, it's about the Sally-Bah (saliva), it's not really secret"Kaela Kovalskia

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberSoldat

So far it matches with the list MornLurker made 2k pages ago for the trio Hyona/Zea/Miyu, but me and my friend hadn't found out the account of Nara's PL yet (she's the pink hair in the stream) despite she's right there in the stream. Maybe @MornLurker can help to confirm if he knows?\
Worth mentioning that this is Xia's PL, from iketog.

I'm pretty sure most if not all EX-IDs had their PLs linked with each other, the only ones I haven't confirmed yet are Rai, Layla, Riksa, Azura, Bonnivier, Derem, and Nagisa. Though I recall that someone did say that Layla used to be a pretty known cosplayer so I think we'll find it eventually
Bonnivier's clue is that he's a former CSGO pro player who also knew Sonny before Niji.

Last edited:

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Catching up.

Is Koyori getting ChatGPT to write her shorts?

Moona will be doing a watchalong of the HoloEN concert:

Peafowl and hawk drinking off-collab:

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
In the midst of Niji Ex-ID graduating left and right, their past lives is becoming more and more active.

It's been 40+ minutes ago, but here's ex-ID Miyu doing Indonesian zatsus/collab stream with ex-ID Hyona, ex-ID Nara Haramaung, and ex-ID ZEA with apparently ex-ID Xia Ekavira in the background (according to my friend who mentioned this stream to me)

So far it matches with the list MornLurker made 2k pages ago for the trio Hyona/Zea/Miyu, but me and my friend hadn't found out the account of Nara's PL yet (she's the pink hair in the stream) despite she's right there in the stream. Maybe @MornLurker can help to confirm if he knows?

EDIT: My friend said the pink girl/Nara is called "Muuqyu" but he said can't find anything like a channel or someshit.

Nara's PL is Chia, the same girl having a chat collab with Miyu right now.
Talk about EX-IDs doing PL collab, I did notice that Nara had a facecam collab with Xia, Etna, and Reza's PL a couple of days back on her channel

I'm pretty sure most if not all EX-IDs had their PLs linked with each other, the only ones I haven't confirmed yet are Rai, Layla, Riksa, Azura, Bonnivier, Derem, and Nagisa. Though I recall that someone did say that Layla used to be a pretty known cosplayer so I think we'll find it eventually

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
@MornLurker can you link Nara's PL channel please?

Last edited:

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Worth mentioning that this is Xia's PL, from iketog.
Thanks. I already know it to some extent because I checked her iketog a while back but I didn't know she has a youtube channel (or I was dumb enough to look at her page lmao)

> check's her latest video, a day ago
> "Aku dipecat", original song cover of the same title, translated as "i'm fired"

subtle or just coincidence?
My friend claimed that the "Muuqyu" I asked before is apparently Rai based from Miyu asking something to Rai (who appeared in the stream) related to in-jokes from their ex-ID days and she said they were "bullying Muuqyu". Also Azura's PL doesn't have YT channel yet, since I caught her answering Miyu's question before she ended the stream (she's the one with Code Geass C.C's pfp) with "no".

AmpleChip

Nene is giving everyone hints on how to become Lamy
A

Smol shoes. Is this the first time we have seen a peek of IRL Lamy after the roommate body/badonkers photo was dug up three years ago?

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
So the results of Selen's Steam Sale:

Evil West - (y)
Dying Light - (y) "10 dollars for a Happy Meal... or all these cool cosmetics!"
Crusader Kings 3 - (n)
NeverAwake - (y)
Blasphemous - (y)
Gal*Gun 2 -(n) Perms but not allowed
DRAINUS - (y)
System Shock - (n) No Perms
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine - (y)
Beyond: Two Souls - (n)(n)(n)
Noita - (n)
Generation Zero - (n)
Smile for Me - (y)
Days Gone - (y)
TNMNT - Shredder's Revenge - (n) No Perms
Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun - (y) After a giant tangent about how much she loves beating up kids in Pokemon Unite
The Last Spell - (n)
Cassette Beasts - (y)
Dusk - (y)
Zone of Enders: The 2nd - (y)
Trepang2 - Disqualified NOT ON SALE, Selen isn't made of money. Probably that 2% merch cut.
Genital Jousting - (n) No Perms
The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog - (n) No Perms
Highfleet - (y)
Guns of Icarus - (y) Her own suggestion, rigged
LISA: The Painful - (n) Watched a playthrough
XIII - (y) "Is that Adam West from Family Guy?"
Peggle Nights - (y)
Kingdom Come: Deliverance - (y) "You get to be an illiterate peasant? Isn't that just being a peasant?"
Warhammer 40k: Mechanicus - (y)
Kenshi - (y) "What the fuck"
Sundered: Eldritch Edition - (y)
Candice DeBebe's Incredibly Trick Lifestyle - (n) "Looks like something I made in Blender"
Darkwood - (n) Vetoed
Tangle Tower - (y)

Disclaimer, some still need perms.

Unrelated to the sale, she will be playing Balan Wonderworld and Panty Party.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
1688474375062.png

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
>2) Reinigen
Usually too busy getting personally involved in the slap fights to really take direct action. More likely to take action but there's about 4 dozen warnings before the hammer drops
I'm like that old Irish NYC street cop that shows up after everyone's been stabbed and shot and shoos people away going "Alright boyos, break it up, break it up. Take it home to your mums". I don't like interfering unless someone is really shitting up the place. Plus, none of your fuckers ever report anything.
Well said.
I think people like these smaller agencies because they feel fresh and have relatively clean records. But all agencies start like that, sure phase and idol didn't collapse instantly like most other vtuber startups, you have to give them that, but I think people seriously underestimate how much work it takes to get to where the big 2 are.
I do reckon they have it easier, when upd8 began the industry back in 2016 they probably didn't really know what to expect, and I think that does put into context a lot of the fuckups the older agencies made.
It's pretty optimistic to look at these upstarts and say "IN TWO YEARS THEY WILL REPLACE NIJISANJI!" since niji has bad optics at the moment, ignoring the fact that niji is still king of kings in japan and barring total nijideath they will probably keep on accelerating into the future where only slow stagnation or a corporate buyout will sink them.
Obviously you could say that the same applied to hololive in their first year or so, nobody really thought "oh this is gonna be the agency everybody the world over knows" and that does open the doors a bit. "If holo could, why can't someone else do it too?" is likely the thought, once again conveniently ignoring the absolute meat grinder holo was put through (by equal parts bad luck and sheer incompetence)

All agencies face drama at some point, and their survival will hinge on them knowing how to weather it.
In the end I just think it's very hasty to toast to these small corpos making it big just because they didn't die right out of the gate like the comment I shared.
I've made the arguement for a bit now that Idol and Phase are basically going to be creating and occupying the 'medium corpo' title here in the West. Outgrowing others like PRISM, Kawaii, EIEN, etc - but not being nearly as big as Niji, Holo, and even vShojo. Though in vShojo's case it remains to be seen how they'll recover from the loss of Nyan, Vei, and Silver as well as if the VC money continues to pour in or if they have a correction that slaps then into the medium corpo label as well.

Although I do agree with the sentiment that something yab is probably going to happen to Idol in some capacity. Phase Connect has gone through their growing pains phase and come out relatively well on the other side two years after debuting their initial talent. Idol (not counting their 'failed' initial HE branch) have only been active at this capacity for 8 months now. SOMETHING is going to happen, I'll bet money on it. I only hope they'll come out stronger afterwards.
:pochiidontlikeit:

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I'm like that old Irish NYC street cop that shows up after everyone's been stabbed and shot and shoos people away going "Alright boyos, break it up, break it up. Take it home to your mums". I don't like interfering unless someone is really shitting up the place. Plus, none of your fuckers ever report anything.
You know, you're alright. For a janny.

desudesu

I've made the arguement for a bit now that Idol and Phase are basically going to be creating and occupying the 'medium corpo' title here in the West. Outgrowing others like PRISM, Kawaii, EIEN, etc - but not being nearly as big as Niji, Holo, and even vShojo. Though in vShojo's case it remains to be seen how they'll recover from the loss of Nyan, Vei, and Silver as well as if the VC money continues to pour in or if they have a correction that slaps then into the medium corpo label as well.

Although I do agree with the sentiment that something yab is probably going to happen to Idol in some capacity. Phase Connect has gone through their growing pains phase and come out relatively well on the other side two years after debuting their initial talent. Idol (not counting their 'failed' initial HE branch) have only been active at this capacity for 8 months now. SOMETHING is going to happen, I'll bet money on it. I only hope they'll come out stronger afterwards.
:pochiidontlikeit:
I have nothing against idol but the entire company just feels artificial. Like the way they handled offkai after being the prime sponsor was very strange to say the least

RiverBear

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Though in vShojo's case it remains to be seen how they'll recover from the loss of Nyan, Vei, and Silver as well as if the VC money continues to pour in or if they have a correction that slaps then into the medium corpo label as well.
Henya has been exploding and Haruka Karibu is doing well enough again now she's not mired in health and family issues. They still don't make up the numbers Vei & Nyan pulled however and while Mouse continues to headline, she can't carry the brand alone. I guess we'll have to see if they have anymore sniped talents waiting in the wings.
I'd agree Idol is just waiting for its trial by fire though, the industry is too generally unstable to avoid it forever. Just look at EIEN - everything seemed perfectly fine until half of their wave suddenly imploded out of nowhere.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
So he is still a fan, was wondering if he's still one considering the recent situation.
1688481589183.png

Context: Sykkuno is a streamer under OfflineTV, had collabed with a bunch of NijiEN livers in the past (also with Altare once). He has been a fan Gura since the early days (2020).

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Would you like to be nene amano's newest bitch?
Or perhaps quit en masse with your Genmates?
Well, Kawaii is STILL accepting applications!

:Ame-BOO:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I have nothing against idol but the entire company just feels artificial. Like the way they handled offkai after being the prime sponsor was very strange to say the least
I think it's fair to say that Idol is buying its success where others have been more experimental.

But that doesn't mean it's wrong. In the end, they're using that money to support and grow their talents. That's better than calling yourself a vtuber corp and doing literally nothing.

And crucially, they're using their money to buy and grow small talents (Riro excepted). Compare to vshojo, which just buys big streamers.

I'll take the former over the latter any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom