"I will remember this Kaela. I will get you for this. Goddamn you Kaela Kovalskia"Kureiji Ollie

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
"Second coming of English vtubing" is a reach since I can't see anything hitting the levels of early Myth, but Jewcorp really are making waves, and I could see how well they support EN2 (and their level of success) making or breaking the company in a big way.

It really comes down to how sustainable their model of funding literally everything up front is long-term, because Aviel mentioned in one of his newsletters that Idol isn't profitable. Since then he's confirmed they have seed investments too, but even then the marketing campaign for EN2 was huge. Fully-animated trailers don't come cheap, neither does paying every single streamer in existence to restream five hours' worth of debuts; and that's not to mention the miscellaneous stuff like sponsoring OffKai. It's not inherently wrong to spend seemingly above your means in the first few years, you usually have to spend money to make money, but I'm wondering how long he's expecting to wait for relatively small superchat, membership, and merch (do they even have merch? I can't find a link to a shop on their website) revenue streams to earn it back, and how many more huge recruitment and promotion drives he can tank before the financials become an actual concern.

The thing I think Idol can benefit most from is that the company has almost flawless optics. The only noticeable black marks are some of the inexperienced HE girls graduating early (and even then they seemed to leave on good terms), and the kerfuffle with that artist a couple of weeks ago (which seems to be mostly forgotten about already). The company culture has more of a general audience appeal than something like Phase, and we haven't seen any catty shit spill out into the open like with Kawaii or EIEN. If Nijisanji keep shooting themselves in the foot at the rate they have been I think Idol have the best shot at being the next second place in EN vtubing.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE!

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE! I LOVE RIE!

what did she mean by this 🤔

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
@Johnny Jambalaya You gonna just let him do that?:smugselen: We gonna get 50 pages of who we each Love? :Pekora-EVILGRIN:
superpuperagain.PNG
certified_nolan_32x32.png

certified_nolan_32x32.pngNo you!^
certified_nolan_32x32.png

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
TVA Janny Aggro Rating:
>3) Proctor
Usually too busy watching Kirsche or Ragdoll to do anything, you fucked up tremendously on your own if you aggro'd him
>2) Reinigen
Usually too busy getting personally involved in the slap fights to really take direct action. More likely to take action but there's about 4 dozen warnings before the hammer drops
>1) Johnny Jambalaya
Do not horny post. Do not post off-topic. The man uses Default Teal 2.2 for god's sake. I expect to be bonked for this post. It was a pleasure shitposting with you gentlemen.
>0) The Thhrangussy
Never make a post you might regret in the future. Chad thundercock strikes without warning or mercy, not even proctor is safe. Was once a Pippa janny (Scary stuff)

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
"Second coming of English vtubing" is a reach since I can't see anything hitting the levels of early Myth, but Jewcorp really are making waves, and I could see how well they support EN2 (and their level of success) making or breaking the company in a big way.

It really comes down to how sustainable their model of funding literally everything up front is long-term, because Aviel mentioned in one of his newsletters that Idol isn't profitable. Since then he's confirmed they have seed investments too, but even then the marketing campaign for EN2 was huge. Fully-animated trailers don't come cheap, neither does paying every single streamer in existence to restream five hours' worth of debuts; and that's not to mention the miscellaneous stuff like sponsoring OffKai. It's not inherently wrong to spend seemingly above your means in the first few years, you usually have to spend money to make money, but I'm wondering how long he's expecting to wait for relatively small superchat, membership, and merch (do they even have merch? I can't find a link to a shop on their website) revenue streams to earn it back, and how many more huge recruitment and promotion drives he can tank before the financials become an actual concern.

The thing I think Idol can benefit most from is that the company has almost flawless optics. The only noticeable black marks are some of the inexperienced HE girls graduating early (and even then they seemed to leave on good terms), and the kerfuffle with that artist a couple of weeks ago (which seems to be mostly forgotten about already). The company culture has more of a general audience appeal than something like Phase, and we haven't seen any catty shit spill out into the open like with Kawaii or EIEN. If Nijisanji keep shooting themselves in the foot at the rate they have been I think Idol have the best shot at being the next second place in EN vtubing.
Allow me to retort
PHASE NUMBAH WUAN!! :smugpipi:

In all seriousness I feel like Idol has been growing too aggressively without a proper foundation and that might bite them in the ass if something or someone shits the bed(looking at you Yuko and Menace). Throwing money at something is a great plan if you plan to sell your company for way above its value and let the sucker who buys it figure it out how to make it profitable, something I still think is head jew's plan. All the marketing sure drives the numbers up but how many of the people you attract actually put in the money in your pockets. The industry is driven by donations and merch. They don't seem to have merch at all, the donations might be good for the talents but for the company I doubt it's a decent return when they burn so much money on marketing. Someone can correct me on this but the only sponsorship they've had so far is from raid shadow legends of all things and I still remember juna barely breaking 100 viewers on that, something that is kinda laughable when they've invested so much in marketing and raid is the only one to throw money at them.

I'd say they need to focus more in building a loyal fanbase out of all the people they have attracted so far before shit hits the fan and they have to tank a controversy, if their actual fanbase is just normie-ish types they will probably bail for something better. Niji for all its faults has a bunch of retards who will guntguard them through thick and thin. I want idol to thrive beacuse chapipi made it in but help me god, head jew better not fuck over Roca or the ADL will have a page dedicated to me.

lvl8

Chinchilla in 10 minutes!!!

The Chinchila is going to stop reading pre stream chats to save time. Also no more talks of other vtubers and no backseating/spoilers during the game. Looks like she also deleted her Marshmallow, because she's getting some terrible messages anonymously.

She also added talks about Pippa is still okay, unless Pippa tells her to stop.

Last edited:

Kalion

:)
Chinchilla in 10 minutes!!!

The Ultra Kaiju 30 second title screen music looping for over an hour now is killing my braincells harder than any other BGM.

Limkin

I am convinced that Proctor is either a time traveler or Nijisanji manager. One can not so consistently be away when shit happens. It's funny once or twice, it gets disturbing when it's more than a dozen times. And this forum is just another way of doing literally anything but managing the talents

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

New DN video

Some DN stuff.
First, him liking Tenma's tweet to him is funny
Screenshot - 2023-07-04T012740.880.png
2nd he has surpassed the number of subs he had before the controversy
Screenshot 2023-07-04 034848.png
Screenshot 2023-07-04 034905.png

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Marimari just played and reacted to this on stream. Didn't know James had an autobiography

RiverBear

It really comes down to how sustainable their model of funding literally everything up front is long-term, because Aviel mentioned in one of his newsletters that Idol isn't profitable.
That's just Jew talk, trying to make the viewers feel bad for the girls

"Guys, my business is totally not profitable, I need you to Donate more and buy more merch!"
money-crying.gif

PLEASE THINK OF THE TALENTS

Kalion

:)
That's just Jew talk, trying to make the viewers feel bad for the girls

"Guys, my business is totally not profitable, I need you to Donate more and buy more merch!"
View attachment 34190

PLEASE THINK OF THE TALENTS
You don't make big investor money by actually making money.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

Simp

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
"[MINUTES OF CHINCHILLA SCREAMING WHILE FIGHTING KAIJU] ...EZ" -Natsumi Hanamori (Not Natsume, that's the enemy)

lvl8

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Allow me to retort
PHASE NUMBAH WUAN!! :smugpipi:

In all seriousness I feel like Idol has been growing too aggressively without a proper foundation and that might bite them in the ass if something or someone shits the bed(looking at you Yuko and Menace). Throwing money at something is a great plan if you plan to sell your company for way above its value and let the sucker who buys it figure it out how to make it profitable, something I still think is head jew's plan. All the marketing sure drives the numbers up but how many of the people you attract actually put in the money in your pockets. The industry is driven by donations and merch. They don't seem to have merch at all, the donations might be good for the talents but for the company I doubt it's a decent return when they burn so much money on marketing. Someone can correct me on this but the only sponsorship they've had so far is from raid shadow legends of all things and I still remember juna barely breaking 100 viewers on that, something that is kinda laughable when they've invested so much in marketing and raid is the only one to throw money at them.

I'd say they need to focus more in building a loyal fanbase out of all the people they have attracted so far before shit hits the fan and they have to tank a controversy, if their actual fanbase is just normie-ish types they will probably bail for something better. Niji for all its faults has a bunch of retards who will guntguard them through thick and thin. I want idol to thrive beacuse chapipi made it in but help me god, head jew better not fuck over Roca or the ADL will have a page dedicated to me.
Well said.
I think people like these smaller agencies because they feel fresh and have relatively clean records. But all agencies start like that, sure phase and idol didn't collapse instantly like most other vtuber startups, you have to give them that, but I think people seriously underestimate how much work it takes to get to where the big 2 are.
I do reckon they have it easier, when upd8 began the industry back in 2016 they probably didn't really know what to expect, and I think that does put into context a lot of the fuckups the older agencies made.
It's pretty optimistic to look at these upstarts and say "IN TWO YEARS THEY WILL REPLACE NIJISANJI!" since niji has bad optics at the moment, ignoring the fact that niji is still king of kings in japan and barring total nijideath they will probably keep on accelerating into the future where only slow stagnation or a corporate buyout will sink them.
Obviously you could say that the same applied to hololive in their first year or so, nobody really thought "oh this is gonna be the agency everybody the world over knows" and that does open the doors a bit. "If holo could, why can't someone else do it too?" is likely the thought, once again conveniently ignoring the absolute meat grinder holo was put through (by equal parts bad luck and sheer incompetence)

All agencies face drama at some point, and their survival will hinge on them knowing how to weather it.
In the end I just think it's very hasty to toast to these small corpos making it big just because they didn't die right out of the gate like the comment I shared.

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
"If holo could, why can't someone else do it too?" is likely the thought, once again conveniently ignoring the absolute meat grinder holo was put through (by equal parts bad luck and sheer incompetence)

I mean, that's how fishman lucked out with Phase Connect, and Muumi better be getting the mother of all benefits for helping it stay together beyond the first year - same with Dizzy, but I am 1000% biased in that regard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom