kestraline

Early Adopter
NotHana is on yet again.

Also, coconut tangent fox.

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Probably because even a 500 CCV Niji like Aia makes enough to comfortably live off of vtubing (she’s said so herself). Which is more than what 2views can hope for. And then you have members like Scarle who probably make more than most of Phase Connect combined. Don’t confuse what is popular here with what is popular everywhere.

Even then, place is Phase central and frankly the only two Phase members I actually remember by name are Pippa and Tenma so I’m not sure joining them is some massively better choice. IdolEN granted seems like a better move than Niji right now if you are a chick.
Niji and Phase have a fairly different approach so it's hard to say which is "better" for a prospective talent.

Niji seem to prioritise casting a wide net by throwing as many talents as they can out there and letting them cover whatever ground they end up covering. If a few underperform it's not a huge deal for the company because they have revenue trickling in from the 300 other streamers too, but for the individual's self-fulfilment their mileage may vary depending on whether collaborating with the existing Niji talents is that big of a factor for them.

Phase is much smaller, but aside from the tourists who latch onto Pippa they seem to have a very distinct, tight-knit community. If you hop around the different talents' streams you'll notice the same names showing up and superchatting in all of their chats, so whether Phase is a good fit for someone ultimately comes down to "do you appeal to this specific group of people?".

paul

Early Adopter
I mean put aside all the fucking drama that would cause but the model she had was pretty good and it’s a shame it got retired so quick.
Speaking of Zaion: Does someone know who rigged her model? Normally the Virtual Vtuber Wiki list that info but only the early JP Niji members have riggers mentioned. Do they really make the all rigging inhouse and it leads to such a massive difference in quality? Zaion's illustrator created also Kuramochi Meruto but like the other XSoleil members she is not as expressive as Zaion was.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Niji probably pays a salary like Holo does while Phase has a non-zero chance of jannies being paid better than talent

Even then people shouldnt scoff at above 500 CCV on regular streams, most indies dont come close to that and even then alot of the faggy examples used of Holos/Nijis being at that are on filler streams and sometimes deadass when its ending, (noticed it with some pictures of cringe-feesh and scarle's CCVs ive seen floating about)
That being said Phase still does not do as badly as other corpos, most talent gets above 100-200 CCV as far as ive seen pretty consistently, and that seems pretty nice

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
Can't imagine what you're sniffing to think that Phase offers greater growth opportunities than Niji. You lose name recognition in the biggest vtuber market and gain the name recognition that goes with a company that's reportedly blacklisted from collabs with bigger groups.

Nobody ever invited Pippa "hitler particles" Pikamee to their wedding

What's name recognition for when you don't have anything else. The only advantage you get from Niji is that they're professionals at merch. But I don't see another Vox spawning from Niji. I think they're on the decline, and their strategy of pushing out quantity over quality has run its course and hasn't worked for a while. My point with Phase is that, in 1 year, I see becoming a phase talent being a much greater opportunity than becoming a Niji talent (Besides the fact that Phase sucks at merch, which is a significant downside revenue-wise).
And then there's growth as a talent post-debut, which is insignificant in Nijisanji, because they don't value individual talents. Whereas Phase still runs ads, and we've seen with the example of Shiina, that they're capable of growth.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Lia is doing a rare early stream
Lia has just figured out that Alucard is Dracula backwards. She also wanted to watch Castlevania thinking it would feature the Hellsing character. How can this girl know so much deranged stuff and yet miss the basics?

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Something to consider with Niji EN's expansion is that Niji's financials suggest Niji EN is by far the most profitable branch on a per member basis.

Not exactly shocking they want to expand it.
Niji probably pays a salary like Holo does while Phase has a non-zero chance of jannies being paid better than talent
We had a discussion on that a long time ago (before Nousagi fled the first time around) here, and it is likely that the 'Salary' thing is a myth. The clips used to support it are inconclusive at best, and oftentimes more easily interpreted as referring to the usual income sources. SCs et al.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Truck for E-Sekai
E-Sekai is idol wave, not EIEN. That one is called "Museia" which is why no one remembers the name (also because what the fuck is the point of remembering a wave name if they only have one wave).

Excuse the tumblr meme format but this feature is literally the only thing that twitch has that i wish to be ported on youtube. It works so perfectly for 3view streamers and the amount of points for redeems can be modified to suite bigger streamers
I believe Streamlabs have features like that, along with donations that YouTube will not get and Google will not restrict based on country.

Mika going to collab with Koe

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
E-Sekai is idol wave, not EIEN. That one is called "Museia" which is why no one remembers the name (also because what the fuck is the point of remembering a wave name if they only have one wave).
I know lol that's why I edited the post

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Glad I was able to get some people to give her a look I was really surprised how low her views were given she's actually really sweet from all I've watched . Love her art streams she works really fast got this done in just 1 View attachment 18096
NGL I first saw this and actually thought this was Juniper Actias with one of her newer models. How many moth chuubas do we have now?

he made a full video, he also made a bad video on why people Vshojo

some of his videos have a good ratio and some have a bad one. so, maybe he's a mixed bag. Also he's making drama content for over a year

Going through the video, it seems he for some reason veers off into criticize her music from a personal standpoint

What all these out-of-loop/rabbit-hole drama retards thrive on are views and engagement so the least you autists can do is not give them that every time someone reposts or brings up these videos. They wouldn't know nuance if it walked up to them and slapped them in their faces.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Amiya playing flash games

I could've sworn I posted this but I didn't…

hylic

God gamer Shisui Michiru from Phase Connect JP plays Yume Nikki, does bad impressions, finds the witch & cat effects and spends over ten minutes leaving and reentering the same room to trigger a rare event.

Translated and edited by yours truly.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Lia is working on her schedule and look at what she has for Thursday.
1680119222560.png

Keniisu

Lurker

he made a full video, he also made a bad video on why people Vshojo

some of his videos have a good ratio and some have a bad one. so, maybe he's a mixed bag. Also he's making drama content for over a year

Going through the video, it seems he for some reason veers off into criticize her music from a personal standpoint

Admittedly, my VShojo video was not my best work.
:takocope:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Admittedly, my VShojo video was not my best work.
:takocope:
Man made a whole account just to cope, hope it was worth it
maxresdefault.jpg

Curious, how long have you been lurking?

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
how the fuck do random people keep finding this plaaaaaace

stop justifying my inveterate marketing laziness

Keniisu

Lurker