"'Kir, remember to breathe' - NO! I'm gonna have to subsidize BREATHING for these fucking mongoloids who don't know how to ration their breathing correctly!"Kirschey

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
I've seen a tweet about not all niji EN being able to go to Japan for 3d, that's sad
Pretty much not all of Niji foreign element are able to go due to various circumstances, with Pomu and Finana's that are more damning because it came up pretty late (aka one-two days before the event) and Pomu is saddened about it. Also ended up making things getting restructured like how one section on Nijifes that supposed to have Ethyria innit ended up becoming pre-recorded affair and how due to the fact that only half of the ex-KR that was able to go to Japan, their section is turned into a bog-standard podcast stuff.

Still, not all is lost. The 3D is still happening, and with Selen being able to go to Japan then what she and Nagao promised back in the day (being able to meet up and play soccer together) would be happening as well.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Haruchama has such a pretty and soft voice, I just wish she didnt play so much FUCKING APEX.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Elevated canine

Oh no, "Colon El" started the "coop"!

Guessing i'm late on these, but screw it, I don't have time to do reps anymore. I mainly just wanted to see if the videos would embed with just a link anyway.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
They really need to fix up the times though. A cheap dono lasting a minute or two on-screen, fair enough, but if you're throwing $20, $50 or $100, you're paying for the streamer's attention and you'd want it to stay on-screen for a good long time, not 2 mins 30 seconds or less.
It's actually insane because this is meant to compete directly with both streamlabs and yt superchat and superchats last ONE HOUR per $100. So a $5 SC lasts 3 minutes, longer than the max dono on Twitch now. And an equivalent dono is about TWENTY TIMES as long on YT.
AND most people considered superchats worse than Twitch bits because of a bunch of weird currency and API issues. So they're copying what's perceived by the Twitch audience as a worse product and making it worse in the process.
Personally I like YT SC better but again, it's the Twitch audience who matters to Twitch. Or at least it should be.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
One of the big reasons PC JP is floundering is there's only two of them, no real cross-brand exposure, no real way to up those numbers, and collabs become difficult because all they really have to work with is EN members that speak Japanese, or JP indies. A third wave containing Japanese talent is likely Fishman's attempt to make the JP branch a real thing with some real presence behind it, giving their first two JP talents some people to work with, and generally treating the JP market seriously.

Honestly, he's got two options; this, or get rid of the JP talents. I don't think anyone wants the latter, so this is the best option. I hope it goes well, I'd like to see JP Phase succeed.
There are 3 JP talents people are always saying 2 I wonder which one is being forgotten
New Myth song soon

Not my cuppa but i love the art and MV

Meanwhile Mumei is interacting with a creature (seriously what the hell is this)

I was thinking a dog but she debunked that in the reply
Nickle Nezumi is currently zatsuing as well

I love the million names you guys come up with for mouse this one took me a sec I thought you linked the wrong stream
Just opened Youtube and this was the first thing I see. From the stop motion guy I occasionally posted in the homeland:

I was a little confused and thought this was some weird Pippa upload. Of course it uses clips from one of the few streams I missed.

Was kind of surprised that this guy even knew about Pippa as he is kind of an outsider to vtuber stuff, unless they are specifically affiliated with him.
Maybe this is more circumstantial evidence for my rrat that Erina's PL was a voice actress for his stop motion videos?

He also reuses the Pippa clips for this video:

I have so much respect for stop motion animators I can't even begin to fathom how tedious it must be but the results are always cool

First I've heard of that Erina rrat what VA specifically are we talking about can you link a voice clip?
*Bob Dole makes it over*
Welcome to the Asylum
Yeah, compared to others Nasa and Michu don't get much views but they are def. better off then being in the sea of Indies. I like that PC gets them merch regardless of their numbers. Imma buy some JP merch once my coffee arrives...
Other then the failed Niji branch/Ayamy+fam I don't know many Korean vtubers - def wonder why
Guess it's Iori?
Vesper threw,
He didn't throw he got fucked by his spawn points I highly doubt he would throw

Regis shouts out Depressed Nousagi

YouTube version of mouse reaction to Koe's vid about her

Kaela grindset pays off once again
Screenshot_20220929-192241-678.png
Pekora gets destroyed by an enderman

Pon Wolf MONETIZED waiting room

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I've never asked this even back in the farms but I've been busy trying to piss stones out of my dick for last couple of weeks.

Anyone care to write a rundown of big events/drama in the last month? Last thing I remember before pissing blood was kronii and vesper historical collab

EDIT watching Tenma 4d stream now, lolibaba is cute
Pippa did a livestream where she and Lumi watched a movie called "Love on a Leash", about a girl falling in love with a dog that turns into a man. This movie condenses what would be a season's worth of Korean drama into a 1.5 hour drug-induced dream. The stream ended with a duet of Pippa and Lumi singing Rusty Cage's "White Girls Fuck Dogs".
Pippa did a concert at Ai Matsuri and finished her session with a live performance of Ram Ranch (link), likely causing Fishman an aneurysm.
Pippa did a stream with an indie twitch reamer called Kirsche, who actually has more wild stories than Pippa does. Pippa playing the straight man is a sight to behold.
Phase 3 of Phase Connect opened up and Pippa did a livestream on how to do an audition video in her normal brutal honest fashion
Ghost raided Pippa's chat and some memery between Ghost and Pippa ensued.
Pippa did a 50K celebration stream but is going for a 69K celebration stream really soon.

I presume other vtubers got up to stuff too.

Last edited:

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
I don’t think he or Magni were playing full power. They both made a few genuine mistakes, but they also both made deliberate choices that put themselves at a disadvantage. Just 2 examples, one early and one late: Magni had a free kill on Bae at the start of the game in the sewer. He could have easily batted her out the right side of the pipe into the water, but he hit her out the left side onto land. And then at the end of the match, top 4, there are 2 potential kills for Vesper; a 40 hp Kronii and a 43 hp Bae just a short hop skip and jump away near the waters edge. He chooses a weapon that is completely CAPPED at 30 damage to target the 40 hp worm. The weapon has been used multiple times, 30 damage every time, there was no way that it could kill, and there are several free options that could have easily done more than 40 damage, not to mention whatever other specials he may have had available.

Spergatory

Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
There are other Vtubers? :smugpipi:
I think so. She occasionally has other people on her streams and there's a bunch of stuff I have to scroll through between Pippa posts.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Pippa did a livestream where she and Lumi watched a movie called "Love on a Leash", about a girl falling in love with a dog that turns into a man. This movie condenses what would be a season's worth of Korean drama into a 1.5 hour drug-induced dream. The stream ended with a duet of Pippa and Lumi singing Rusty Cage's "White Girls Fuck Dogs".
Pippa did a concert at Ai Matsuri and finished her session with a live performance of Ram Ranch (link), likely causing Fishman an aneurysm.
Pippa did a stream with an indie twitch reamer called Kirsche, who actually has more wild stories than Pippa does. Pippa playing the straight man is a sight to behold.
Pippa did a 50K celebration stream but is going for a 69K celebration stream really soon.

I presume other vtubers got up to stuff too.
Don't forget, Pippa finally acknowledged Ghost while he watched her stream and invited her to the inner circle.
Pippa also helped people with their auditions to Phase Gen 3, and watched some audition videos from randos.
Though I feel like there's more Pippa info we're missing.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
God i can't take my eyes off of this place for a day and there's already 10 new pages of sperging...

vestars20

Early Adopter
There are 3 JP talents people are always saying 2 I wonder which one is being forgotten

Guess it's Iori?
Iori speaks English as well, same as Tenma. That means Nasa and Michu had just one less potential collab partner then EOP's Pippa, Uruka and Lia. PC gen 1 collabs were sparce anyways with Tenma and Pippa/Uruka being the ones I saw collab most. I can't find where Phase Connect divided Gen1 into JP and EN.

That mouse video... she usually doesn't cry.

Have a concert

P-maru used to be Kaguya Luna

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
I say he threw because he landed the jetpack badly so he took damage and skipped his own turn that he was going for Kronii based on how he landed, and I could have also sworn he had a shotgun he could have used on his final turn which would have killed someone even despite the misplay. You can throw by just misplaying at a critical moment, it doesn't need to be intentional.
I don’t think he or Magni were playing full power. They both made a few genuine mistakes, but they also both made deliberate choices that put themselves at a disadvantage. Just 2 examples, one early and one late: Magni had a free kill on Bae at the start of the game in the sewer. He could have easily batted her out the right side of the pipe into the water, but he hit her out the left side onto land. And then at the end of the match, top 4, there are 2 potential kills for Vesper; a 40 hp Kronii and a 43 hp Bae just a short hop skip and jump away near the waters edge. He chooses a weapon that is completely CAPPED at 30 damage to target the 40 hp worm. The weapon has been used multiple times, 30 damage every time, there was no way that it could kill, and there are several free options that could have easily done more than 40 damage, not to mention whatever other specials he may have had available.
I think Magni was doing a little bit of trolling and got his shit kicked in from there, because he thought Bae was a weak player. Magni seems like the type to play with his food by hitting the taunt button/emote repeatedly, and then get owned because Magni isn't so good at games that he can afford to do that without losing ground. Which is more or less what happened. I don't know if Magni would have won if he didn't make that misplaying, I think he just got targeted because he likes to taunt people and all the girls seemed really excited to clap back once he lost.

Vesper I think let his autism brain get the better of him so he started to tilt, especially after the jetpack fail is when he really started to tilt for the rest of the match. I don't think he wanted to throw, he seems to autistic competitive for that. The man was literally practicing worms the day before the collab just so he could win. He did get cucked on spawns though.

I don't think either threw because "muh women" or whatever, Magni was just dumb and Vesper tilts. Simple as that to me.

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Don't forget, Pippa finally acknowledged Ghost while he watched her stream and invited her to the inner circle.
Pippa also helped people with their auditions to Phase Gen 3, and watched some audition videos from randos.
Though I feel like there's more Pippa info we're missing.
The ghost acknowledgement the other day was pretty decent but the audition stream was an absolute classic, can't believe I didn't include it.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Iori speaks English as well, same as Tenma. That means Nasa and Michu had just one less potential collab partner then EOP's Pippa, Uruka and Lia. PC gen 1 collabs were sparce anyways with Tenma and Pippa/Uruka being the ones I saw collab most. I can't find where Phase Connect divided Gen1 into JP and EN.

That mouse video... she usually doesn't cry.
Ah ok I was going by number of members in the branch I didn't account for one of them being able the speak EN that makes sense

And yeah that Puerto Rican saying really broke her Im not even sure what she said at that point cause she sobbed so hard it was very wholesome
She said "My dad used to say that to me."
Ah thanks listening to it again that's definitely it

Last edited:

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Have a concert

P-maru used to be Kaguya Luna

I never watched Kaguya Luna nor do I watch P-maru, but her music now is just not interesting to me. It just sounds like generic vtuber/anime music. I don't really see the pop-punk that she did as Kaguya Luna from other vtubers. It was simple, but energetic and catchy.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
HoloX i getting a manga in Shonen Jump+, I'm guessing it'll get simulpub in English.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter

Shiina got new rigging!! I INSTANTLY could tell the difference, it looks really good.

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
First I've heard of that Erina rrat what VA specifically are we talking about can you link a voice clip?
My post from the homeland. Basically a Filipino voice actress with a similar voice known for her vocal range seemingly disappears from social media around the same time Erina debuts. All evidence is circumstantial and I don't fully buy into it myself.
Edit: I got one response saying that most past lives are still unknown so that's good enough for me to post my schizo fan fiction.

I think Erina Makina (the android tiger) might be the voice actress AderuMoro.
Voice Comparison:

Erina Makina:

AderuMoro as Reznya:

AderuMoro as Konchan (the brown haired chick):

The first video was posted only a week ago but has a link to her now deleted twitter:
https://twitter.com/HeidiTabingVA
And her youtube channel which hasn't had a video or community post in 9 months:
https://www.youtube.com/c/AderuMoro/featured
I don't remember when auditions started or ended but given how long we've been waiting for Gen 2 that sounds about right.

The second video is part of a series that was originally in English then started doing shorter episodes with English and Japanese "Dubs" and is now fully Japanese effectively phasing out the English voice actors.

Obviously I'm basing this on next to no evidence and am not fully convinced of this myself but there are a lot of odd coincidences surrounding this voice actress recently. If this turns out to be wrong just take it as me recommending a voice actress that does some anime adjacent stuff.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Just started

Not really my kind of music but I'm glad they have a serious original song together.

Favorited; that was stellar, phenomenal song too. Gorgeous to wondrous singing, incredible lyrics, magnificent art, stunning effects, and wonderful instrumental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom