"Are you gonna fap to my voice?"Fujikura Uruka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
premium member-specific tier (19800 yen/year)
$136? Jesus. I hope they get monthly strip-show streams from their oshiis for that price.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
$136? Jesus. I hope they get monthly strip-show streams from their oshiis for that price.
Maybe the app has an AR version of it or something, because the web version of that tier is roughly 15k yen. It could be that the version with the app also includes a bunch of physical shit like the Hololive membership though, same with the lower tiers.

Also new episode of Game-lu Game-ru is about to start; if for some reason you actively watched and like Lever Gacha Daipan, it's kinda that but with a different main cast.

As far as the existence of this place once KF is back up goes, I honestly feel like there is a definite chance of both places being able to co-exist without consuming each other too much. Some people prefer the wider community of KF, others will prefer the lack of drive-bys from edgelords who think dropping a hard R every five words is the funniest shit, others will just do both.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
Darth Kronii by @Minchi_anda.jpg

She's never living this down.

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom

gregeoryL

Tulpa
Early Adopter
I can at least understand the stream derailing stuff, I will never forget how based AO was during the infamous Ina half-life stream. People that disregard the chat rules should be hanged. but he honestly just comes across sounding like a spoiled child and he should stop posting in the public space. He's making an outright fool of himself by being such a bitch.

I also like her, but I'll go out on a limb and try to explain what I perceive as the problems people have with her. I think there's a couple of things people tend to focus on when criticizing her. First one is simple. I've seen some people say they don't like her because she's obnoxious. Like she's too loud or too crass. I think that's what 80% of people mean when they say they don't like her. She's 'annoying'.

The second one is more involved and retarded. I know when she debuted a reason people disliked her was because she was making friends with and acknowledging people that were not well liked within the Holo fandom. Here's an example. Before all the Connor cuckposting, a lot of the people vocally voicing their displeasure with him were people who just hated anitubers in general. The cuck stuff didn't show up until well into the Ollie saga. Most people at first thought he was just a bloodsucker because, after the first Mori TT collab, he appeared and superchatted some of the EN Holos, but they ignored him. Then here comes Ollie, and she's gushing about how much she likes him, and then boom, Conner is suddenly in a Hololive stream playing Apex with her. Ollie just likes making friends, but she was very open about how much they were talking behind the scenes, which made some people worry she would start trying to inject him into other Holo stuff. I distinctly remember when Ame made a tweet about not playing valorant or something, and then Ollie replied asking her to play Apex. What followed was a number of people replying to them both asking for an Apex collab with Connor. That made people more convinced that Ollie was the problem even though she didn't do anything wrong. Her general thread on /vt/ was filled with anti Connor and anti Ollie stuff, and this is where the Connor cuckposting started in earnest, but also where I saw the most intense Ollie bashing. Ollie has some seriously bad antis in Indonesia as well, but Rezza could probably fill you in better on that side of things. However, purely on the EN side, I think those 2 reasons are what most people cite as their reasoning for disliking her. She's either too annoying (which is an entirely subjective feeling that changes from person to person, so that doesn't bother me at all) or they hate that she gets too close to fleshtuber ecelebs because they are generally perceived as a blight.

That's a pretty good summary. Basically, Ollie wears her heart on a sleeve and despite getting some experience as a big time streamer, she still doesn't fully understand why would anyone hate her for something she did without any ill intentions whatsoever.

Also people who claim they dislike her for screaming constantly are clip-only watchers, don't even @ me.

During Ollie's debut, she really turned me off. She was excessively loud, hyperactive, and screamed a ton. I really can't stand streamers who scream. I didn't like watching clips with her in them. I don't like Rushia for similar reasons, but Ollie was worse by far. I generally tried to avoid her purely for the sake of my ears. A lot of people who say she's 'annoying' are probably in a similar boat.

However, at some point (I don't know when because I never watched her stuff), clips of her stopped being quite so screechy. She is still generally hyperactive and enthused with everything going on, but it is in a far more subdued manner. I've actually started to like her quite a bit in recent months.

The second group are just unicorns. Connor simultaneously isn't very likable in general but is likable because of his interactions with Iron Mouse, so I can get people being conflicted. But at most, that (or any collab you don't like) isn't worth more than just not tuning into the stream. People who actually seethe over it are crazy. Like legitimately psychologically mentally ill.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
It's going to get worse tonight, since she plans on blending on top of this.

Edit: unless they move the SNOT stream to thursday. Which will make that stream a very interesting one.

I've never heard of someone having to go more than once to get wisdom teeth removed? I guess she's just built different.

I woke up during my wisdom teeth extraction...now that was a fun day (surgeon said it was 'like pulling parking meters out of concrete'). They took too long, so the anesthesia wore off. Fun times.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Nornis is a strong unit out of all niji music-adjacent group so far but I really wished they hired a better person to co-write their English lyrics because otherwise they're already a perfect unit
I'm not sure that I would have understood them even if the English lyrics flowed better or made more sense. They are excellent singers though.

So I finally done listening to almost all of the stuff @Rezza told me. For context, he referred to an indonesian podcast show run by a balding ex-magician turned podcast host Deddy Corbuzier that brought two guests into this one episode yesterday. Both guests being somewhat notable indonesians gamer/livestreamers, but they were mostly talking about vtubers and how it started getting traction in the local youtube scene alongside the gaming side of things..

Most of it are pretty much the two guests coaching the host for being boomer tier in terms of vtuber-related stuff (though they aren't as expert as the actual vtuber fans, but props on explaining it the best they could), and ended up talking things like simping, oshiis (though mispronounced into oishi), technologies behind it, voicechanger usage in vtubers, and couple other stuff mixed in with the general gist of the talk (being that of someone having online romance-like interaction and stuff). The host do understand the similarity between vtubing fanbase with idol fanbase because of his one experience with local idol group, so he's quite receptive and not really negative with the whole "animu flat 2d waifu doing livestream" things, if probably being neutral.

What is interesting right now is that at some point, one of the guest made this interesting point regarding what they "fear" about the current Indonesian vtuber market.

He said that there are vtubers that are doing stuff that could be considered as degen/thirstposting within Youtube and with how open Youtube really is, he doesn't want the whole market in Indonesia to be 'spoiled' by these vtubers that goes into these territory and risking the normies to stereotype them as such.

A day after that podcast went out, one of the ID's notable indie vtuber Mythia Batford decided to state that she will graduate on March next year. While this seems like normal graduations, the fact that it just, came out outta nowhere while she's planning to debut a "hybrid" model tomorrow makes it quite sus to the indonesians vtuber/schizos who followed her. And considering that she also the type that can be considered fitting with what the guest in that podcast feared (I didn't follow her, but some local fans I talked to claims she's quite degen), it makes it sounds like what the podcast episode talked got into her and also potentially to other local ID vtubers that might cater to those degen style of approach.

In short: It might be nothingburger, but this is probably some ID-focused fresh drama afoot. I'm buying a popcorn and see what happen next. If it was nothingburger, at least I got popcorns.

Would it be an accurate summary to say the guest fears the VShojo-fication of the ID Vtuber industry?

New cover in which Lui embraces her deadbeat side.

Pochi-sensei acapella.
In the first line of Lui's song she's a dead ringer for the hawk, down to the nasally scratch that makes her difficult to imitate.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
HoloID gen3 (Holoh3ro) will have their id:entity voices cover dropped in less than 30mins to celebrate their half-year debut, and later a stream with three of them in Kobo's channel

Would it be an accurate summary to say the guest fears the VShojo-fication of the ID Vtuber industry?
Pretty much, while Indonesia has a diverse community and races, the majority are still muslim and excessive lewdness is most definitely haram by standard
There's that incident with local VTubers where they're essentially doing lewd roleplays (like those coomerbait asmr stream stuff) and not surprisingly, it sparked a lot of outrage within the community

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I've never heard of someone having to go more than once to get wisdom teeth removed? I guess she's just built different.
I'm sure I'll have to go in multiple times, because all of my wisdom teeth are at 90° and I haven't had any of them pulled yet.

I thought I watched Vtubers to escape reality, not to be reminded that I'm playing toothquest on British difficulty.

vestars20

Early Adopter
Cat Witch playing a Rhythm Game

Alt.
If you like the JP indie scene there is a large Fall Guys Collab

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Rie just committed murder-suicide to Donald Trump. Wonder how /vt/ will react to that? :unsure:

I figure there will be some retard that says something negative due to her previous "yabs".
Ugh guess I shouldn't be surprised given her previous political yabs it's still disappointing keep your virtue singaling to yourself Rie
What did she say exactly?

Edit: nvm fell for the bait this isn't the yab it seems

Last edited:

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
As far as the existence of this place once KF is back up goes, I honestly feel like there is a definite chance of both places being able to co-exist without consuming each other too much. Some people prefer the wider community of KF, others will prefer the lack of drive-bys from edgelords who think dropping a hard R every five words is the funniest shit, others will just do both.
nígger

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

I woke up during my wisdom teeth extraction...now that was a fun day (surgeon said it was 'like pulling parking meters out of concrete'). They took too long, so the anesthesia wore off. Fun times.
She chose to only take off 2 at the time because she heard taking all 4 at once could be dangerous (I have never heard this btw) so she took 2 last time and has to eventually go back for the other 2.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Ugh guess I shouldn't be surprised given her previous political yabs it's still disappointing keep your virtue singaling to yourself Rie
What did she say exactly?
Absolutely nothing. Just something along the lines of "I'll take one for the team". Pippa's the only one that actually said Trump lol. I was just fucking around and joking because I know some people on /pcg/ hate her because of stuff she's done.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
IRyS skipped straight to the best X title

Good to see she skipped X2 and X3 since it will take forever to reach X4 with her skills.
>dub
Goddammit I wanted her to play Rockman X4, listen to the opening song and try to make a cover of it.

What generally happens is the dentist recommends to take out the either the lower teeth or upper teeth, not both. There is a possibility in this case that the pair not getting taken out are going to grind the gums where there are no more wisdom teeth and you go back for the second surgery.

I recommended a Vtuber from Re:AcT yesterday and a few hours later a graduation announcement of another member dropped...

Kazami Mikan will graduate on 10 October. This year alone Qualia Qu and Inumochi Tirol have graduated, Sumeragi Rose looks to be graduating soon as well. They did have five debuts last month so it's quite a revolving door of talents.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Absolutely nothing. Just something along the lines of "I'll take one for the team". Pippa's the only one that actually said Trump lol. I was just fucking around and joking because I know some people on /pcg/ hate her because of stuff she's done.
Now I'm even more confused how is that a trump murder? Idk how Pippa even got to trump from that lol
Did you watch the stream on Aoi's channel? They were playing Gang Beasts and a bot looked like Trump. Pippa mentions it and Rie pulls him on the train tracks with her.

Didn't mean to confuse you. I was just jokeposting during that stream.

OOOOOOOOH OK that makes a ton more sense thanks for the clarification nevermind thats nothing
Speaking of

Yugo Yugood
New cover in which Lui embraces her deadbeat side.

You said that and I expected a Calli cover still good tho

Last edited:

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Is this the same numberfagging chicken!?

Kiara is pretty based pretty often, since the very beginning she always streamed what she wants how she wants. People claim that she's a numberfag but just because she kinda cares about numbers and acknowledes them (and lets be real, every content creator, including the holos, is aware that occasionally looking at your numbers is important, they just dont talk about it exactly because it might come off as numberfagging. Kiara is too honest and open to not share some of her insecurities with her chat and I'm sure being in the same Gen as Gura or Calli didn't benefit her confidence into herself as a streamer) but she never actually bends the knee to numbers.

She played unmonetized Ryza games for months because she loves the games herself, she played and will keep playing JRPGs that get shit numbers because its the content she enjoys making and she doesnt jump in on every buff flavour of the game there is. She also barely mentioned numbers at all in the past like 6 months or so.
That's a pretty good summary. Basically, Ollie wears her heart on a sleeve and despite getting some experience as a big time streamer, she still doesn't fully understand why would anyone hate her for something she did without any ill intentions whatsoever.

Also people who claim they dislike her for screaming constantly are clip-only watchers, don't even @ me.
I have the impression that a lot what people dont like about Ollie are the same things people have also said about Kiara previously. Shes too loud, obnoxious voice, she doesnt know how to read the room, shes too honest and blunt etc ect.

People who say shit like that should maybe watch a stream or two and none of these things is a negative in my eyes anyways

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Now I'm even more confused how is that a trump murder? Idk how Pippa even got to trump from that lol
Did you watch the stream on Aoi's channel? They were playing Gang Beasts and a bot looked like Trump. Pippa mentions it and Rie pulls him on the train tracks with her.

Didn't mean to confuse you. I was just jokeposting during that stream.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Pretty much, while Indonesia has a diverse community and races, the majority are still muslim and excessive lewdness is most definitely haram by standard
There's that incident with local VTubers where they're essentially doing lewd roleplays (like those coomerbait asmr stream stuff) and not surprisingly, it sparked a lot of outrage within the community.
Its just like what MornLurker stated, yes. We already having some of them existing and gaining scrutiny, like for example, Gentiana Helix and Charlotte Sylvilia of a small ID vtuber agency Snowdrop ID who is basically a pair of coomerbait ASMR experts that got into a little heat several months ago (if I remember correctly) when one of their rather... thirsty and hot duo ASMR collab stuff somehow became accessible to everyone rather than membership and the vtuber fans who noticed it was like "Hey this is haram! So this is what those members are getting, huh?!". Too bad that after some time, the issue died down and it became nothinburger, with both vtuber still doing their stuff, both safe and not safe ones.

Meanwhile, the situation of what I reported has changed. The vtuber I mentioned who would graduate next year, Mythia Batford ended up reconsidering her graduation.

Turns out her graduation statement was her panicking and stressed out. The two guest statement that I quoted on the previous post, while was focusing on the "bad actors" within Indonesian vtuber scene, also ended up hitting Mythia as well thanks to them folks taking the opinion on face value (and I think I ended up following it as well, my bad, homies). Which isn't really helped by her antis and schizos deciding to use it to harrass her. Her manager, close associates and even the two guests that made the statement ended up tried to make her reconsider, and she ended up doing just that.

As of now, some people are now aiming to the Snowdrop girls I mentioned before, since they hasn't say anything at all regarding the situation and they believed that these two are the "bad apples" that the two guest of that podcast show mentioned. Other folks within the ID vtuber community are also mostly fighting on which one is right, the words of the two guests "defending" Mythia or that Mythia is also accountable in this matter or not. And also some who just said "Vtuber bad, down with vtuber just like soeharto, petrus them"

Honestly this situations is very chaotic lmao.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
While it's obvious Kronii wasn't going by herself, it's nice to have another confirmation (and that IRyS will be with there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom