"AAARRRGH! You can't marry me because I'm already your older sister!"Omaru Polka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vestars20

Early Adopter
Did any other en/id have this interview? On the top of my head I can only think if orange woman and iofi
I doubt anyone who doesn't speak Japanese would be interviewed. Just from browsing this last year

Holos:
  • Lui
  • La+
  • Choco
  • Towa
  • Suisei
  • Subaru
  • Rushia....
  • Mio
  • Noel
  • Roberu
Niji:
  • Maimoto
  • Kanae
  • Hoshikawa
  • Ange
  • Oliver
  • Belmond
  • Kanda
  • Debi
  • Gwelu
  • Toko
  • Lain
  • Shiina
  • Chihiro
Others
  • Shibuya Hal
  • Gorilla
  • Mea
  • Gatchman
  • Ui
  • Naoki Saito
  • Lack
  • Life
  • Patra
  • Pikamee
  • Kizuna Ai
  • AniMare
  • Ponpoko and Peanuts
  • Meika
These are just the ones I could quickly identify. For ID/EN other then Iofi and Kiara
Anya

Reine

Don't think any others have - I would bet next would be Axel
It may just be that they started production when he was still around, the ghost thing is pretty long. This wouldn't be the first time it happened though, Warabeda Meiji (the red-hooded girl) also popped up on Masaru's 3D reveal post-graduation, having been part of one musical sub-unit.

Totally agree, it's an interesting tidbit that also shows how far out these recordings can be.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
I doubt anyone who doesn't speak Japanese would be interviewed. Just from browsing this last year
Ah, that explains why I haven't heard of this before. I almost exclusively watch the English-speaking vtubers, since I mostly have them run in the background while I'm playing video games or whatever.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
So I finally done listening to almost all of the stuff @Rezza told me. For context, he referred to an indonesian podcast show run by a balding ex-magician turned podcast host Deddy Corbuzier that brought two guests into this one episode yesterday. Both guests being somewhat notable indonesians gamer/livestreamers, but they were mostly talking about vtubers and how it started getting traction in the local youtube scene alongside the gaming side of things..

Most of it are pretty much the two guests coaching the host for being boomer tier in terms of vtuber-related stuff (though they aren't as expert as the actual vtuber fans, but props on explaining it the best they could), and ended up talking things like simping, oshiis (though mispronounced into oishi), technologies behind it, voicechanger usage in vtubers, and couple other stuff mixed in with the general gist of the talk (being that of someone having online romance-like interaction and stuff). The host do understand the similarity between vtubing fanbase with idol fanbase because of his one experience with local idol group, so he's quite receptive and not really negative with the whole "animu flat 2d waifu doing livestream" things, if probably being neutral.

What is interesting right now is that at some point, one of the guest made this interesting point regarding what they "fear" about the current Indonesian vtuber market.

He said that there are vtubers that are doing stuff that could be considered as degen/thirstposting within Youtube and with how open Youtube really is, he doesn't want the whole market in Indonesia to be 'spoiled' by these vtubers that goes into these territory and risking the normies to stereotype them as such.

A day after that podcast went out, one of the ID's notable indie vtuber Mythia Batford decided to state that she will graduate on March next year. While this seems like normal graduations, the fact that it just, came out outta nowhere while she's planning to debut a "hybrid" model tomorrow makes it quite sus to the indonesians vtuber/schizos who followed her. And considering that she also the type that can be considered fitting with what the guest in that podcast feared (I didn't follow her, but some local fans I talked to claims she's quite degen), it makes it sounds like what the podcast episode talked got into her and also potentially to other local ID vtubers that might cater to those degen style of approach.

In short: It might be nothingburger, but this is probably some ID-focused fresh drama afoot. I'm buying a popcorn and see what happen next. If it was nothingburger, at least I got popcorns.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Moona is doing a singing stream.

there were some tech issues so a new stream was started. Seems things are good now

Last edited:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

A lot of people seem to dislike her, but I kind of like Ollie. Admittedly, I mostly just see her in collabs, so maybe I'm missing the parts that drive people away.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

A lot of people seem to dislike her, but I kind of like Ollie. Admittedly, I mostly just see her in collabs, so maybe I'm missing the parts that drive people away.

Whomst dislikes the super cute zombie idol? Other than those weird SEA trolls

vestars20

Early Adopter
Another purple haired singer for you
Rio sang Palatte

Towa came by

Ravenclaws analysis of the song

Rio keeps some of the character of the original but can't match Towa's power. Like Yugo, I would like to listen to more of Rio's karaoke.
Speaking of

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Irys will be collabing with Tamaki.

Well, after the whole trap "drama", I'm grateful she's putting her money where her mouth is and collabing with probably the biggest traptuber out there.

Both those ladies have good taste.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Whomst dislikes the super cute zombie idol? Other than those weird SEA trolls
Can't really name any names, but I've seen some people talk about how they don't like her. Don't remember the context, though.

Edit:

Ayo, what? There's an official fanclub with sick reflective membership cards?

Edit 2: Damn. If you want the card, you've got to buy a yearly membership, which costs 6600 yen (about $45).
Standard plan (with membership number and membership card)
6,600 yen / year
You can enjoy all the services of the fan club. <Membership benefits> ◯ FC member limited live broadcasting ◯ Live broadcasting archive / limited video viewing ◯ Limited blog & news ◯ Wallpaper distribution ◯ Present planning ◯ Ticket advance ◯ Digital membership card issuance ◯ Membership card issuance ◯ Membership card sending ※ Benefits depending on plan And participation conditions are different. * It may not be possible to provide benefits. Please check the "Membership Benefits" page for details.
I'll have to think about it. $45/year isn't that much, but I'll need to look more into what stuff you get out of it.

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Can't really name any names, but I've seen some people talk about how they don't like her. Don't remember the context, though.

Edit:

Edit 2: Damn. If you want the card, you've got to buy a yearly membership, which costs 6600 yen (about $45).

I'll have to think about it. $45/year isn't that much, but I'll need to look more into what stuff you get out of it.

Seems retarded.

Zombie hate comes from her being loud as fuck and now knowing how to deal with hate.

I really enjoy her and her energy and I also appreciate that she will pop into a random 2 view to comment, or constantly interact with other people in the community despite their size. Normally you would expect Hololive members not to interact much with fans or other creators but this girl goes all in. Deep down she is a fan and basically someone that you would even expect to be posting in a thread like this.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
JL7ten didn't like the stream derailing and someone possibly controversial like Ghost interacting with Pippa.
I can at least understand the stream derailing stuff, I will never forget how based AO was during the infamous Ina half-life stream. People that disregard the chat rules should be hanged. but he honestly just comes across sounding like a spoiled child and he should stop posting in the public space. He's making an outright fool of himself by being such a bitch.

I also like her, but I'll go out on a limb and try to explain what I perceive as the problems people have with her. I think there's a couple of things people tend to focus on when criticizing her. First one is simple. I've seen some people say they don't like her because she's obnoxious. Like she's too loud or too crass. I think that's what 80% of people mean when they say they don't like her. She's 'annoying'.

The second one is more involved and retarded. I know when she debuted a reason people disliked her was because she was making friends with and acknowledging people that were not well liked within the Holo fandom. Here's an example. Before all the Connor cuckposting, a lot of the people vocally voicing their displeasure with him were people who just hated anitubers in general. The cuck stuff didn't show up until well into the Ollie saga. Most people at first thought he was just a bloodsucker because, after the first Mori TT collab, he appeared and superchatted some of the EN Holos, but they ignored him. Then here comes Ollie, and she's gushing about how much she likes him, and then boom, Conner is suddenly in a Hololive stream playing Apex with her. Ollie just likes making friends, but she was very open about how much they were talking behind the scenes, which made some people worry she would start trying to inject him into other Holo stuff. I distinctly remember when Ame made a tweet about not playing valorant or something, and then Ollie replied asking her to play Apex. What followed was a number of people replying to them both asking for an Apex collab with Connor. That made people more convinced that Ollie was the problem even though she didn't do anything wrong. Her general thread on /vt/ was filled with anti Connor and anti Ollie stuff, and this is where the Connor cuckposting started in earnest, but also where I saw the most intense Ollie bashing. Ollie has some seriously bad antis in Indonesia as well, but Rezza could probably fill you in better on that side of things. However, purely on the EN side, I think those 2 reasons are what most people cite as their reasoning for disliking her. She's either too annoying (which is an entirely subjective feeling that changes from person to person, so that doesn't bother me at all) or they hate that she gets too close to fleshtuber ecelebs because they are generally perceived as a blight.

vestars20

Early Adopter

EDIT:

Been a thing for awhile
If you ever wondered where full streams of Hololive official collabs are posted it's in the fanclub
This reddit explains it.
Also

Also, the Capippalists are true to their name, building the illusion of success for poor Aoi. Watch his cover

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
>pippa gets copyright struck for 5 minutes of some fucking Czechian abortion of a kids movie
>but entire Franz Ferdinand songs in the VOD opening are perfectly fine

Youtube Copyright working as intended I see.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Subway is good. Totally not biased because it's the only subs shop to sell them in my area.

Kirin corp tax:

Zoomer rrat suddenly become rich due to bribery:

I prefer Jersey Mike's for better quality on most things but tbh Subways meatball marinara is undefeated. Even Publix meatball subs don't have that same distinct flavor. Kronii gets a pass.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

vestars20

Early Adopter
Mikeneko is live - catch them while you can

It's Genshin Impact
She sounds really happy, even doing VA voices for different characters
I know unicorns are are silly but weirdly seeing ORCA in her chat makes me smile
Super
ORCA9.28.22.png
ただいま~ฅ(^ω^ฅ)仕事終わって帰ってきたよ!!なんとかリアタイ間に合ってよかったよ!!神引きして思いっきり楽しもうね(๑ゝω╹๑)コッ☆
Deepl: I'm home ฅ(^ω^ฅ)ฅ after work! I'm glad I managed to get home in time to re-tie! Let's enjoy it to the fullest with a divine pull!
Riri is also live

If you need music to sleep to she is a good bet

Last edited:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Hands down, Judge Magni is a fantastic bit. Watched the full VOD and can't wait for the continuation. The creative stuff he does really reminds me of Ame, it's a good thing he got into Tempus. The intro music was made by this Tachibana music guy btw.
Well, there's the link to Tachibana. Mystery solved haha.
I have grown attached to the asylum, but if ya'll fellers go back to the motherland once it's stable i will follow the majority like a pleb.
Yeah, I kind of like the lack of tourists here. It's nice having a place catered specifically to what we need.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
I also like her, but I'll go out on a limb and try to explain what I perceive as the problems people have with her. I think there's a couple of things people tend to focus on when criticizing her. First one is simple. I've seen some people say they don't like her because she's obnoxious. Like she's too loud or too crass. I think that's what 80% of people mean when they say they don't like her. She's 'annoying'.

The second one is more involved and retarded. I know when she debuted a reason people disliked her was because she was making friends with and acknowledging people that were not well liked within the Holo fandom. Here's an example. Before all the Connor cuckposting, a lot of the people vocally voicing their displeasure with him were people who just hated anitubers in general. The cuck stuff didn't show up until well into the Ollie saga. Most people at first thought he was just a bloodsucker because, after the first Mori TT collab, he appeared and superchatted some of the EN Holos, but they ignored him. Then here comes Ollie, and she's gushing about how much she likes him, and then boom, Conner is suddenly in a Hololive stream playing Apex with her. Ollie just likes making friends, but she was very open about how much they were talking behind the scenes, which made some people worry she would start trying to inject him into other Holo stuff. I distinctly remember when Ame made a tweet about not playing valorant or something, and then Ollie replied asking her to play Apex. What followed was a number of people replying to them both asking for an Apex collab with Connor. That made people more convinced that Ollie was the problem even though she didn't do anything wrong. Her general thread on /vt/ was filled with anti Connor and anti Ollie stuff, and this is where the Connor cuckposting started in earnest, but also where I saw the most intense Ollie bashing. Ollie has some seriously bad antis in Indonesia as well, but Rezza could probably fill you in better on that side of things. However, purely on the EN side, I think those 2 reasons are what most people cite as their reasoning for disliking her. She's either too annoying (which is an entirely subjective feeling that changes from person to person, so that doesn't bother me at all) or they hate that she gets too close to fleshtuber ecelebs because they are generally perceived as a blight.

That's a pretty good summary. Basically, Ollie wears her heart on a sleeve and despite getting some experience as a big time streamer, she still doesn't fully understand why would anyone hate her for something she did without any ill intentions whatsoever.

Also people who claim they dislike her for screaming constantly are clip-only watchers, don't even @ me.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Also, the Capippalists are true to their name, building the illusion of success for poor Aoi. Watch his cove

I tuned into the collab video that Aoi had with the three Phase Connect girls and he's such a boring streamer. His reactions are uninteresting and repetitive, he can't juggle gaming and banter, and his gaming skills aren't that great either. Even just one of those would be a vast improvement on his stream quality.

The song video is even worse. This is supposed to be a guy but he's holding a bunch of flowers, wearing heels and he's in an anime girl pose. I can't tell what sort of song it is or it's content but the style bored me to tears, though I can't comment on the quality of his singing. I don't know what the market is for his music but it definitely doesn't include me. I'm not tuning in unless he's streaming with Pippa and even then I'm doing it under protest.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter

Edit:

In case you were wondering (and since someone needs to fill at least some of what Scuttle does on KF), Niji does have a similar type of fan club membership. I can't find a text version of the pricing and I'm too lazy to OCR it all, but it seems like they have a basic general tier (450 yen/month or 4700 yen/year), a basic member-specific tier (720 yen/month or 8000 yen/year), and a premium member-specific tier (19800 yen/year). It has the standard shit like first dibs on tickets or exclusive merch, plus things like a mobile app with exclusive content (the tiers seem to be cheaper if you don't use it), or tier-based membership cards.

I can't find whether the Niji ones have that fancy reflection too since I can't find any IRL photos of them, but here's the general look of the premium member club version.
FWZPbRPaIAIgmX4.png

Also translation of Okayu's call-in to Mito's birthday stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom