"Awaken my nuts"Ayunda Risu

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Vesper seems to be having one of those Hollywood child-star moments where they got too much fame too fast and they still can't process the whole thing so they just go wild. Trying to think if any of the girls had this. Maybe Calli with her excessive drinking on a good portion of her earlier streams. If he survives his stupidity, he should be able to mellow out a bit.

Its interesting since he often played the part of being the most mature and calm out of the bunch. Seems like he was just tard wrangling himself.
He went from being my favorite by far to now completely dropped. His appeal was that he not only was a boomer and had boomer interests, but seemed to have shit at least close to figured out, with interesting stories about back when he was a retarded schizo btard. He was the "mature" one of the group. The relatable boomer, but turns out that he is still that retarded and that happens to not be endearing or relatable from someone pushing 40.
To a point, the impostor syndrome is understandable, because it happens to a lot of the more popular streamers, but fucking it up to the point that you can barely function and even put your job at risk?
He doesn't need to just take his meds. He needs to find himself a good therapist so that he can become a functioning adult and be a good stream slave for our entertainment.... or so that he can be happier and be able to deal with life in a more productive way and actually enjoy his success, that too.

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Obligatory "Give this man another daugh.... son?"

kukkia

Early Adopter
Man, I'm torn about Pomu's 3D.
If you only followed her as a fairy, it was an impressive step up from the idol stuff she shied away from in the beginning; she's mentioned before that she's *not* an idol but an otaku and that fans shouldn't expect her to be one, then casually goes on to show how talented her singing and dancing has been all along. She has clearly worked her hardest yet, preparing her 3D with several practice streams and even getting her orisong included. One should be happy as a Pomudachi.
I think she shied away from the idol label early on because EN vtuber fans have a lot of preconceived notions about what "idol" means and because she, well, failed at her last attempt at being an idol. She very clearly still loved idol music and culture though so it's not hard to believe that she didn't actually want to set her dreams aside. She didn't have to go full idol in her debut if she didn't want to - Elira and Finana didn't in theirs.

IMO she's unironically pretty similar to her Nijisanji oshi, Tsukino Mito. Mito is known as a gremlin who streams kusoge and eats clovers, but when she wants to go full idol she's one of the best in the whole business.

are Pomu and Kiara the same person?
Why do they have the same backstory?
Both weebs who went to Japan to try to follow their dreams.

Last edited:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

Chiato Macchiato

Macchiato "Definitely a PSYOP" Chiato
Vesper is biker hobo rice burier man and buys weapons to feel comfortable, so I didn't expect him to be fully stable, but I don't think I could have predicted that he was this menhera without meds. Its kind of sad really. I always thought him bringing up being worried about stuff or wondering if he could make good content was just normal concern that I'd feel anyone would have in his position as a former 2view. I didn't expect this be a sign of having full blown mental paralysis from stress and worry like this seems to be. It really feels like he'll just crack eventually unless he has his meds.
You guys have very strange impressions of the people you watch. I don't know how you could expect normality from a guy who couldn't pass A STREAM without talking about how VERY WORRIED HE IS ALL THE TIME. It was obvious from miles away that Vesper was suffering from terrible anxiety. Nothing changed for me with this situation except that I learned that he's bad at communication, and that has to improve because it will cause problems in his professional career. But someone who laughs nervously while talking over and over and over again in each stream of how scared he is, it's not ok in the head, and whoever thought he was made a mistake.
Maybe it's different for me because I've already dealt with people with social anxiety and the last one I saw, passed out in a mall.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
You guys have very strange impressions of the people you watch. I don't know how you could expect normality from a guy who couldn't pass A STREAM without talking about how VERY WORRIED HE IS ALL THE TIME. It was obvious from miles away that Vesper was suffering from terrible anxiety. Nothing changed for me with this situation except that I learned that he's bad at communication, and that has to improve because it will cause problems in his professional career. But someone who laughs nervously while talking over and over and over again in each stream of how scared he is, it's not ok in the head, and whoever thought he was made a mistake.
Maybe it's different for me because I've already dealt with people with social anxiety and the last one I saw, passed out in a mall.
All vtubers are at least a little menhera

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

1674934120435.png

Got nostalgia when I lived in a part of my city that had a couple food/market cargo vans. Don't miss their loudass music/sfx.

Last edited:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Also her living in the ghetto prior to her current residence; thinking back it kinda seems like he wasn't around at that point. She basically had groceries delivered and everything, if I remember correctly. Plus her enjoying the 24/7 niggo/illegals ASMR.
That and there was a Discord exchange of her traveling out to see a dog he/they owned as it was passing. Really though I can't imagine her living conditions being that bad if another person was in the picture, as they'd probably at least clean the dishes, I hope.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I have zero patience with people who have social anxiety. I'm not a total paragon of steely-eyed resolve myself; I get nervous, I second-guess myself, I berate myself over perceived failures. But at the end of the day you have to just push all that aside and say to yourself 'I'll deal with it later' then get the hell on with what you were supposed to be doing.

In most of the cases I've observed, there's a weird intersection between social anxiety and self-importance. I just don't really care what other people think of me enough to really get antsy about how they perceive me. If you're reduced to paranoid hysteria by public interaction, it kind of means to me that you feel the world will somehow change if you don't live up to their expectations. Pretty arrogant to assume you mean that much to so many.

That's just my horribly warped attitude, though.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I have zero patience with people who have social anxiety. I'm not a total paragon of steely-eyed resolve myself; I get nervous, I second-guess myself, I berate myself over perceived failures. But at the end of the day you have to just push all that aside and say to yourself 'I'll deal with it later' then get the hell on with what you were supposed to be doing.

In most of the cases I've observed, there's a weird intersection between social anxiety and self-importance. I just don't really care what other people think of me enough to really get antsy about how they perceive me. If you're reduced to paranoid hysteria by public interaction, it kind of means to me that you feel the world will somehow change if you don't live up to their expectations. Pretty arrogant to assume you mean that much to so many.

Social anxiety for the most part is just Millennial and Zoomer code for not wanting to make phone calls on the job as they might be difficult.

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter

I can even understand it if your social anxiety makes you cancel plans often. Sure, you will end up with no friends eventually or they will just never invite you, but maybe you are also ok with that, so it's whatever.

You never, not even once, flake on work obligations because of social anxiety. That's a next level fuck up. If anything, the structure that a job gives you makes it even easier to overcome social anxiety, since its just shit that you have to do as an adult. So you literally just soldier through it.

If the structure and the obligation doesn't help enough to "force you", at least have some shame: Don't make your social anxiety someone else's problem.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Social anxiety for the most part is just Millennial and Zoomer code for not wanting to make phone calls on the job as they might be difficult.

I'm too confrontational. I could never be on a call center or anything like that. I'm too ready to give people my exact opinions of their intellectual issues and clear incomprehension of extremely basic facts that were probably in the manual they threw away immediately.

You never, not even once, flake on work obligations because of social anxiety.

Basically. I look at it like this; if I fuck up during something, it probably won't be as bad as if I never did it at all. People will respect you a lot for trying hard when it's not easy for you. They will laugh and insult you for being such a coward you couldn't do it at all. If anything I'd say people have gotten too enabling, to the point they let people with curable or at least treatable disorders and hang-ups coast along on a wave of encouragement and forced positivism instead of easing them into a normal mindset over time.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I'm too confrontational. I could never be on a call center or anything like that. I'm too ready to give people my exact opinions of their intellectual issues and clear incomprehension of extremely basic facts that were probably in the manual they threw away immediately.
I don't mind the call center thing, I've learned to not let it bother me, but I also haven't done it in ages. Call center kids aren't bad either as they usually know what they're getting into and either quit quickly or learn a lot of skills from it, the ones that always bother me are the ones that don't need to normally make calls like the people in the buyer, marketing, or service departments. You end up having to hold their hand for everything, and even if you stand there and coach them with kid gloves, they fail to figure out that it's really not that big of a deal to make a phone call.

I get it, as I still get anxious in person sometimes, but the more you expose yourself to it the better you can deal with those things and the more you realize how little it matters what others think about you when you'll never see them again.

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter

RiverBear

https://
stream.
holopirates.
moe/
Tried it earlier, didnt work, hence I asked if there was a new one

If it worked for you, might be an internet issue on my side

angry sushi

Early Adopter
Tried it earlier, didnt work, hence I asked if there was a new one

If it worked for you, might be an internet issue on my side
worked for me during concert, had to browser hop a few times until chrome had it working

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
Seeing how quick some of you people are to announce you're no longer fans of vesper or hold him in high regard over a condition that, to my knowledge, he hasn't gone into detail on, is pretty pitiful. Maybe pippa was right earlier when she said she feels like /vt/ culture is spreading out beyond /vt/.

E: Maybe its just because I haven't been a superfan or something, I think he's entertaining from what i've seen of him, but being all "He's not the man I thought he was", when he's already been open about being quite an eccentric character already... idk something about it feels gay to me.

I think people just got the idea in their head that he's some spear wielding badass bro and overlooked how like a ton of other vtubers he's got the typical zoomer/late millennial anxiety.
The man is a wizard who might as well be married to his bicycle. How the f are you going to idolize him as a badass? I mean, I respect him given his circumstances and I think the spear is kind of neat, but feels sort of halu to me if what you say is true.

Last edited:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
You know who is not anxious? Suisei

Suisei collabs with Holostars and ENs alike.

There's a reasonable chance that she'd kill Vesper just by being herself if they ever were to meet.

kukkia

Early Adopter
E: Maybe its just because I haven't been a superfan or something, I think he's entertaining from what i've seen of him, but being all "He's not the man I thought he was", when he's already been open about being quite an eccentric character already... idk something about it feels gay to me.
I think people just got the idea in their head that he's some spear wielding badass bro and overlooked how like a ton of other vtubers he's got the typical zoomer/late millennial anxiety.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Seeing how quick some of you people are to announce you're no longer fans of vesper or hold him in high regard over a condition that, to my knowledge, he hasn't gone into detail on, is pretty pitiful. Maybe pippa was right earlier when she said she feels like /vt/ culture is spreading out beyond /vt/.

What do you mean, I completely expected the guy who dropped out of society for a year or more to become a bike hobo, buried a 30 gallon tub of rice in the forest, bought a boar hunting spear, and went to Japan without contacting anyone, so they'd think he died, to be a perfectly normal and well adjusted individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom