General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
pokijhgv.png

View attachment 9253
Hmm. Thoughts on this? Clock me if this already got posted.

archive.is for the tweet

also sounds pretty cut-n-dry from the tweet alone, and Rion wasn't even considered one of the lacking out of all Nijis (although popularity wise she's one of the low-mediocre ones). Wondering if the supposed change within the company really affected more people than we expected, like some of them expressing their unwillingness to change their content like gundou.

Might need the niji pope himself to enlighten us on this case

Come on and slam
And welcome to Japan

From the looks of it, connecting it to Miyu Ottavia graduating and Gundou's comments. whoever it was that was calling the shots on hiring and talent management got canned/upgraded to another post and the new person is a more traditional by-thenumbers beancounter. Young people are often sold on the idea that the company you're working for is a "family", as if they're obliged to care for your well-being. It's OK if they find out the truth, sooner than later I hope.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
archive.is for the tweet

also sounds pretty cut-n-dry from the tweet alone, and Rion wasn't even considered one of the lacking out of all Nijis (although popularity wise she's one of the low-mediocre ones). Wondering if the supposed change within the company really affected more people than we expected, like some of them expressing their unwillingness to change their content like gundou.

Might need the niji pope himself to enlighten us on this case

I'm just as in the dark as anyone else on internal matters, I'm afraid.

What I would say is to be careful of how things are framed. Gundou DID say she wouldn't lean into the idol image, but she also said that it hasn't been asked of her and doesn't believe it'll be retroactively ammended into the contracts of older members.

A contractor in the Japanese entertainment industry having the opinion that they feel undervalued isn't exactly groundbreaking, sadly, and just because she vocalised it doesn't mean others in Niji agree, nor does it mean those feelings are exclusive to people inside of Niji.

I have no specific idea on what's ailing her, though. Takamiya Rion is a popular member, is under a record label as part of TRiNITY, and has agreed to participate in this event for multiple performances.

Not much I can add, really. It's just Capitalism in the Japanese entertainment industry.

Airless

Active lurker
I was looking through Comiket 101's tag on Twitter and there was a cool Hololive display

Hololive ads ft. Holostars

Gura and Marine are pretty popular apparently

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Pikamee's going through the steam winter sale

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
mega retard question
is millardo beercraft minnas husband? i never watched him so i dont know

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Lui is doing cooking ASMR, whatever that means. Right now it's occasional cutting noises. Public stream, members VOD.

Koyori/Sakamata cover. Oddly enough, with Iroha/Laplus' cover this means all five of HoloX have covered Identity, with Lui/Okayu the odd one out. Of the three covers, this pair has the biggest gap in the singers' registers. I think they could have done without the autotune.

Older clip which I don't think has been posted - Enna's karaoke cover of Tsunami from NijiMelodyTime.

thirteenorphans

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Moona's big brother got advice on his Holostars EN application video, but didn't adjust. RIP

We need more sibling streams :makotomisaki::akiramisaki:

Spergatory

Early Adopter

Still shocks me considering Mana has the abrasive and bitchy personality that you would think someone like Lisa would dislike. Maybe Lisa really is a commie. :pippasadl:
Also Pippa follows Mana as well.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Speaking of Mana, I'm honestly surprised that she has a 3d model in the works. Considering she constantly bitches about the industry you'd think she wouldn't give that much of a damn to have one made.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Still shocks me considering Mana has the abrasive and bitchy personality that you would think someone like Lisa would dislike. Maybe Lisa really is a commie. :pippasadl:
Most people only know her for the covers and its been a decent while that she has actively sperged on her youtube (iirc, the stream where she called the Ukranians nazis was the last major tard-spill), her spotify in particular gets a ton of traffic

So either people dont care about the twitter sperging or it doesnt show up, seems she had a decent following before she started giga sperging too

Its kinda wierd to me that she spergs about capitalism but then does work featuring famously commie and non capitalistic Nijisanji and arranges for Rooster Teeth/Deathbattle, gonna be an interesting struggle session when any other emerging e-commies use that as their crab bucket pull

Last edited:

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
I'm just as in the dark as anyone else on internal matters, I'm afraid.

What I would say is to be careful of how things are framed. Gundou DID say she wouldn't lean into the idol image, but she also said that it hasn't been asked of her and doesn't believe it'll be retroactively ammended into the contracts of older members.

A contractor in the Japanese entertainment industry having the opinion that they feel undervalued isn't exactly groundbreaking, sadly, and just because she vocalised it doesn't mean others in Niji agree, nor does it mean those feelings are exclusive to people inside of Niji.

I have no specific idea on what's ailing her, though. Takamiya Rion is a popular member, is under a record label as part of TRiNITY, and has agreed to participate in this event for multiple performances.

Not much I can add, really. It's just Capitalism in the Japanese entertainment industry.

I'm replying to this instead of editing it only because it's an update, and people who have already reacted to the information won't look back on the addendum:

It seems that Rion's ire might actually be directed at NBC Universal and not Nijisanji. A friend of mine who is a Hakache fan told me that it's actually TRiNITY that is being treated comparatively poorly relative to the other Niji members under NBC despite performing better than all of them, and are not getting the same opportunities with concerts/models etc despite fan outcry.

You may think that the timing of the tweet is poor given that it overlapped with NJU Day 2, but TRiNITY's performance yesterday was one of the highlights, so her comments may be reflective of 'appreciating the support of fans' and giving them a taste of what a TRiNITY concert might look like despite NBC seemingly being unwilling to give them one.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Mika hitting people right in the feels with this one, myself included.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Anyway, here's a fun fact: 'Retard' used to be the socially preferable way of describing someone who was slow, and 'Imbecile' and 'Idiot' were seen as more derogatory. Nowadays it's the opposite, and in a few decades it will change again as society swaps in and out words they've arbitrarily decided carry 'weight' to them.
Correct. This ladies and gents is known as the "Euphemism Treadmill"

1672411471185.png

Tell the retards to eat shit, and don't fall for their bait.

Netscaper

Early Adopter
She's ok to me as long as she's not a fucking tankie. Those morons have no shred of self-preservation and are the closest thing to religious fanatics for atheists.

Edit: Heard this.

Why the F did they ask them to sing the TERRIBLE straight translated lyrics? Just ask Kiara to try to sing in Korean. The end result should have been much better. Also, the song shows the limits to Kronii's vocal range. Half the MV is also copypasted from the original MV.

Terrible.
And I don't blame the singers, but the Korean company for this.

Last edited:

Horo7618

No one in particular

Ensok

Early Adopter
Why does everyone always play the Birthday Cake level of Mario Party? It's the most boring level. That being said, Mario Party is always fun to watch vtubers play. Currently Kaela is being destroyed.

Jealous

Lurker
Looks like a sponsored cover of this song from Epic Seven, a Korean gacha cell phone game. I played it a bit back in the day, very nice 2d animation for when the game came came out but grindy as fuck and with randomized gear stats = pay to win I stopped caring.

Last edited:

RatInACage

Also, the song shows the limits to Kronii's vocal range.
i think with more practice and time kronii will get their she is taking lessons to expand her range but this cover is quite rough.

The terrible lyrics certainly dont help like i dont know if good singing can make stanzas like this feel not clunky "forever dont you dare let go hold my hand" and "there a new world no one has seen unheard of uncharted"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom