"Apple cucks love to be edged by daddy Jobs' decrepit corpse"Beribug

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I don't really belive in paranormal stuff, so I wonder if maybe her meds are causing this or if she might have a gas leak.
I'm going to go with a gas leak, and that we'll get a surreal Space Ghost: Coast to Coast episode of a stream where they all got high off of a gas leak.

I'd protect her from the ghosts, or gas ghosts, or ghosts of gassed jews, or whatever it is though.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
A tragedy in two parts.

Hag love.

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter
Seriously, it's been a day and there's not a single YouTube clip. Fuck it I'll do it myself. Even if I could convince one person to become a Watamate it'll be worth it.

View attachment 9160

Would you recommend Watame to a mostly English Only Peasant like myself? I've put her in the same category as Mio and a bunch of other HoloJPs in that they're known lovable characters and I'm sure I'd enjoy them if I could understand them. But not being able to, there's no point in watching their mostly talking-focussed streams, or their gaming streams unless it's one I really like.

There's a couple JPs I can watch like Miko where no words are necessary, only their contagious laughter while they wreak havok in GTA or something.

Never gets old.

Not-Username

Charlemagne

The Eternal Lurker
I don't know a lot about the politics of /vt/ but there seems to be a kind of weird frienemy relationship between /vt/ and some board for people with aspegers, with some people on /fvr/ soliciting people from the aspergers board to join as flavr members. I don't really know the details but its kind of engrossing to catch glimpses into the soap opera when i from time to time peek in.
To elaborate on this: /asp/ is a /vt/ thread, specifically called the Aspiring Vtuber and Startup. It is suppose to be used for, well, helping indie vtubers start their careers by giving advice to them. As this is /vt/, it is known for having a bit of a crab bucket mentality when it comes to this and has a lot of standard drama and rrats that come with indie vtuber circles. /fvr/ got caught up in that, as the Coco and Jubilee were from there and /fvr/ were basically raided by aspies (yes, that is seriously what they call themselves) who posted the the sex pest rrats, turning the thread into a mess and eventually resulting in the two quiting the position.

/fvr/ itself seemed to want Jubilee's roomate to continue and Coco to either leave or take a support role, but the two posted that they would leave instead. Why I'm not sure if the rrats are true, the fact they just left does make me a bit suspicious of them. Either way the /fvr/ thread has calmed down, but I expect that the new Nayvell might result in possible drama if they're from /asp/.

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Yeah that's a really good early level fight with just five goblins total for enemies. It also shows that enemies will try run to reinforcements if you try to just rambo your way into their space. They don't just stand and fight until you win or lose, which is something that is very video game-y and IME newer players expect that to happen. I almost think it went too well for much could have happened, but hey that happens sometimes and I think the second wall afterwards does sort of convey to a reasonable person how bad things can get if you don't hit every single game changing attack roll ever as those goblins could have seriously messed them up with worse rng. I kind of feel bad for Altare, he just keeps arriving late or getting into clumsy situations due to bad luck and unfortunate positioning when combat starts in some of these encounters. He just spun on his shell and posed for the goblins that entire hallway encounter.

If it is compounding bad decisions then I'd expect Altor or Curiobot deciding to destroy everything in their way, as that has pretty much always worked up to this point, and they piss off something dangerous like a dragon or something. Vesper seems like the type of DM to punish that kind of reckless abandon, and I'm all for it as I hate pussy foot DMs who just let players do dumb shit just because it is early level.

Can't wait for it all to tumble down.
I play D&D with a group that learned they can't stop enemies running for reinforcements, so our plan is usually to rambo into a space, kill everything that doesn't run, then set up a killing field and just take on the entire dungeon in one massive encounter as they pile in group by group.

We have enough min-maxers that it works but I would hesitate to treat a new group that way, probably would try to break it up into chunks.

I suspect something like falling into a pit and dragging the whole party in trying to rescue, comedy of errors situation.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I have no Idea what this entails and it unfortunately intersects with the first Pippa Lisa colab in months, but I'm still excited for whatever this is:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Would you recommend Watame to a mostly English Only Peasant like myself? I've put her in the same category as Mio and a bunch of other HoloJPs in that they're known lovable characters and I'm sure I'd enjoy them if I could understand them. But not being able to, there's no point in watching their mostly talking-focussed streams, or their gaming streams unless it's one I really like.

There's a couple JPs I can watch like Miko where no words are necessary, only their contagious laughter while they wreak havok in GTA or something.
I find Watame easy to watch, but I also don't really watch streams 95% rather than have them on as background noise. Her streams are chill and pretty easy to grasp, imo.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
It depends, I know very little Japanese but I've enjoyed watching and listening to Watame for about 2,5 years now. I feel like the emotion she exudes transcends language barriers. I will share the moment that I fell in love with her (after watching the stream on and off for 8 hours), and I think that that's a good indicator of whether or not you will like watching her or not. To put it into context, this was days after Coco (and Haachama) got suspended for the Taiwan thing and she wanted to prove something to herself.

Most recently she has had translators in her chat as well every so often if that helps push you over the edge.

And since I'm editing this, I might as well add a video from before I started watching her, but I enjoy a lot nonetheless. Even though Coco's version isn't exactly accurate.

Last edited:

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
I play D&D with a group that learned they can't stop enemies running for reinforcements, so our plan is usually to rambo into a space, kill everything that doesn't run, then set up a killing field and just take on the entire dungeon in one massive encounter as they pile in group by group.

We have enough min-maxers that it works but I would hesitate to treat a new group that way, probably would try to break it up into chunks.

I suspect something like falling into a pit and dragging the whole party in trying to rescue, comedy of errors situation.
Yeah if you have enough long rest resources and min-max right, then unless you roll dogshit initiative then you can easily nova through a lot enemy reinforcements or rambo through the opening guards and try to blitz through the rest if you get caught, or make your own fortified position depending on the terrain and situation unless your DM is extremely ruthless and minmaxes themselves with customized monsters, powerful casters with actually good spell lists, well organized dungeon groups with effective wargaming play, etc. Custom enemy full casters are hell on earth in the hands of a good wargaming DM, and something tells me Vesper is capable of being that if he wants to be.

Tempus' party I don't think quite have those capabilities regardless of how good they play. Paladin nova smiting whatever Altor manages to hit is good for single enemies but not for hordes (unless he goes Conquest Paladin for fear aura or gets to 9th level and uses Crown for Spirit Guardians), so I don't think they could quite pull off anything too big at once by how their party is set up. Warlock's spell slots are just too limiting to really just burst through everything, unless you get some amazing hypnotic pattern hits at 5th level+, and straight Rogue is just not min-maxed-able to be a good burster by dnd 5e standards with things like nova smiting everything you hit, action surge combos, Wizard spells, Spirit Guardian + dodge action spam while you walk into stuff, etc unless someone gives Catxel Haste to Ready action for double Sneaks somehow which is harder to do with melee Rogue and Haste is really risky.

I personally suspect something like Curiobot smelling blood and he EBs into something he doesn't just one shot and the boys try to back him up in some kind of hold your ground situation that failse which escalates the situation horribly. I'd speculate that Magni is forming some bad starting habits because he's been lucky enough to rarely miss his shots and Vesper has had some unfortunate rolls himself with hitting him. He's playing almost like a Fighter instead of a Warlock because of his temp hp shield and reasonably good AC for a caster with how he just barrels into things recklessly. I know Sunless Citadel can be quite a hard dungeon for newer players who aren't used to this sort of gaming style especially if they try to fight literally everything, so I'm thinking the boys are going to overextend and get rolled by some of the big monsters in there.

Similar comedy of errors thing, but more a "murderhobo player gets a reality check" kind of thing.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Reminder that the Pippa Lisa collab is one hour earlier than usual.

kestraline

Early Adopter
I have no Idea what this entails and it unfortunately intersects with the first Pippa Lisa colab in months, but I'm still excited for whatever this is:

Well these awards weren't voted by fans so don't expect Lia's CWC stream to win anything.

Meanwhile, the caramel idol is just chatting:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I wish Kirschey would stream on susantube more, she seems to have genuinely interesting takes most of the time.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
I wish Kirschey would stream on susantube more, she seems to have genuinely interesting takes most of the time.
I NEED MY TANGENT FIX, WOMAN!

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Presented without context, because none needed:

Also:

And I assume any HoloEN streams will be at bumbfuck o'clock in the morning for now, while everyone is in Japan.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
I would like to know what the hell happened. She seems to have struggled when it comes to subs but suddenly she got 5k subs in like 2 or 3 weeks. Did the company promote the content by having ads? Did she appear in someone else's stream and got a huge boost from it? Maybe a clip of her popped off? Any ideas?
Like I said, I believe it was due to her ASMR streams, specifically this one:

This vod has 91k views as of the time of writing this post. It's the most popular video on her channel, and has double the views of her next most popular (it's also worth noting that the top 5 most popular videos on her channel are all ASMR streams). This stream took place on Nov 30th and according to Social Blade her explosion in subs took place only two weeks later:

1672355727556.png

1672355747554.png

So it would seem that Sava did this ASMR stream and, more than the others, it hit the algorithm and took off in popularity, generating a massive amount of views and the aforementioned doubling of her sub count (I do recall Sava saying this much in one of her streams, but a cursory look through the timestamps of some of her streams after this event didn't come up with any results, so don't take this last bit as anything more than an anecdote). Sava has done another ASMR stream since then, but it did not achieve the same results as the big one, so who knows if it was just a brief flash of luck. It's worth noting that her two most popular videos are Gyaru themed ASMR streams specifically, so maybe that is what gets her numbers.

At any rate, I hope this answers your question.

ChilChakSack

Send gastralia and fourth trochanter.
Early Adopter
In less than half an hour Minna Vanilla will be doing a watch along of another Rankin Bass Christmas classic:

and an hour later we have the long awaited Lisa and Pippa collab:

looks like we'll be getting some good animal autism in this one.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
I wonder if Pippa will teach Lisa about balldo.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter

Vih

Doog
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom