"I believed in it. Ina is the truth. Truth is Ina. I liked Roberu."Pako

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter

This is the cutest thing that I've seen today.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I think it's mostly just the level of what made them freak out. Nobody expects HoloEN to be joking about Batman raping Mexicans in CAH or something, but getting scared of Jackbox is like getting offended by the level of graphic violence in Fortnite.

It's maybe more so that they want to avoid anything actually personal like that because 'muh seiso idol' and they know that portions of the audience will lose their shit if there's any indication that their oshi has any kind of real relationship. There's a level of detachment when it comes to "Haha I'm a pregnant wolf" compared to actually admitting if they're a screamer or not in front of a live audience that pays their salary in part because they believe shelling $1000 a month gives them priority access to vagina.

Kalion

:)
Alker currently playing Hypnospace:

Based clip:

Last edited:

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I'm curious about what happens next as this seems to be very standard low level dnd stuff, Vesper mentioned that by episode 3 of this 5 episode series that things start to get weird and in his twitter hype he said this was the most unhinged session he's ever DM'd. So what the fuck is going to happen?

Still Tempus handled that combat well, though Axel needs to learn to use Cunning Action on Rogue especially as melee Rogue, that was a potentially pretty dangerous situation and the dice gods favored them really hard especially at the second half of the battle as they only missed one out of six attacks total they made and Goblins have pretty good AC for low levels. That three goblin hold went extremely well for them as that could have gone much worse if their are more goblins behind that wall.
Yeah, it's low level all right. I think Vesper's doing a great job training new players on fights like that. The caltrops and defensive wall, for example, is a pretty great way to show your players what happens if they bottleneck in a hallway, without being challenging with only two goblins behind it. And yeah Vesper should be prompting Cunning Action a bit, I honestly forgot Catxel had it.

I believe he said it was a bunch of compounding bad decisions starting next episode. Can't wait.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It might hit a bit differently for the girls when they're talking about that stuff in person instead of via the internet.
It's maybe more so that they want to avoid anything actually personal like that because 'muh seiso idol' and they know that portions of the audience will lose their shit if there's any indication that their oshi has any kind of real relationship. There's a level of detachment when it comes to "Haha I'm a pregnant wolf" compared to actually admitting if they're a screamer or not in front of a live audience that pays their salary in part because they believe shelling $1000 a month gives them priority access to vagina.
It's this essentially, a lot of you guys are forgetting the context of that jackbox game, which is literally to say "Haha this person has loud sex" which could very easily turn into some retarded drama with people making up rrats. It's not that "HOLOEN IS AGAINST GROWN UP JOKES BECAUSE OF CORPO EVIL"

If mumei hadn't freaked out they probably would've just silently ignored it, you were never going to get your "Oh bae big moany in the other room while we try to sleep hsahahhahshdhaha" joke

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I haven't been watching. How are Sena and Pippa getting along? How's the chemistry? I thought Sena may be nervous since it's her first collab and it's with THE Pipkin Pippa. She seems confident though, so maybe not.

On top of what others have said, I'll say that Sena had some audio clipping issues that were annoying. I know it's lame to whine about technical issues when it comes to vtubers but it does detract from the experience if it's bad enough, and it was pretty bad. Hopefully she can get whatever the issues were worked out soon. But as for your actual question, as others have said, they seemed to hit it off pretty well and I'm sure there's potential for more collabs in the future.

"Oh my gosh, Fishman should bring in Sena as an Invader!" Is it just me or is PC unique in that every time there's a collab with PC talent, people start fantasizing about PC hoovering them up, even if they're already in another agency? I guess it did happen once, but Fish doesn't seem all that interested in growing PC at anything other than a leisurely pace, and not everyone PC talent collabs with is going to be a great fit for a contract with PC - who knows what kind of negotiations go on behind the scenes with these things. But even if Fish were interested in bringing Sena in, there's a bit of a problem because when Pippa made the original FlaVR batch, she basically put the characters into public domain. That means that, if Sena were brought into PC, then, just as now, there'd be nothing stopping other people from not only streaming as the Sena character and confusing the YT algorithm and potentially splitting the streaming audience, but also creating and selling Sena merch with Sena artwork, including stuff that PC would not want affiliated with their brand, and there's nothing PC could do about it since Sena BonBon and the rest of FlaVR is uncopyrightable.

I guess they could create a distinct thicc chocolate-skinned anime girl for her roommate to inhabit and put her in a Lowe's-inspired apron instead of a Home Depot one or something like that, and name her Claire Bearclaw or something… Her roommate seems to be talented enough that she could do just fine outside of the Sena identity, and savvy fans would know what happened. But it's probably impossible for "Sena" to join Phase-Connect.

(For obvious reasons, "Build-a-Bears" would be out as a fan name too.)

In the off-collab Mumei, Fauna, Reine, and Irys were playing a Jackbox game and they had to drag each other into one of the four "Loud Archetype" categories. One person per category. One of the categories was "Loud Sex" and absolute chaos ensues. 60 seconds of pure screaming until they panic exit out of the game

:whatastory:

We'll have to ask Vespy which one's the loudest.

There was a technical problem earlier on Twitter, Iofi was affected

Professional internet livestreamer doesn't know how to take screenshots.

paul

Early Adopter
Why did most guys here have to take the bait from nolan of all people? It's obvious that half the people discussion this did not watch the part of the stream with proper context and only read the initial reaction post.
Alker currently playing Hypnospace:

Based clip:
View attachment 9161

What does this art style reminds me off? Is there an anime like this? The model feels oddly familiar, I really like it.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Why did most guys here have to take the bait from nolan of all people? It's obvious that half the people discussion this did not watch the part of the stream with proper context and only read the initial reaction post.
Did you miss the 10 pages where we all shared how autistic we were?

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter
Why did most guys here have to take the bait from nolan of all people?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
All the girls need is some talent freedom so they can talk about who moans the loudest without getting gachikoi autists (they would still get gachikoi autists)
:talentfreedom:

kukkia

Early Adopter
If mumei hadn't freaked out they probably would've just silently ignored it,
Well yeah, that would be the best thing to do. Freaking out about it draws as much attention as going along with it.

Nobody here is really debating over the idea of media preferences or that streamers have to act a certain way ("lewd" or not). Personally though the overreaction to the word sex appearing on screen is something I find a bit funny. If one of the NijiEN guys freaked out over something on screen implicating that they may be dating a girl most people here would just be making digs at their crazy fanbase. It's pretty much the same deal.

As for the general level of vulgarity, whenever this subject comes up I just remember the Selen-Ollie-Zeta stream in which the Holo girls brought up pissing and bathroom shit. Granted those aren't HoloEN of course.

Last edited:

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Yeah, it's low level all right. I think Vesper's doing a great job training new players on fights like that. The caltrops and defensive wall, for example, is a pretty great way to show your players what happens if they bottleneck in a hallway, without being challenging with only two goblins behind it. And yeah Vesper should be prompting Cunning Action a bit, I honestly forgot Catxel had it.

I believe he said it was a bunch of compounding bad decisions starting next episode. Can't wait.
Yeah that's a really good early level fight with just five goblins total for enemies. It also shows that enemies will try run to reinforcements if you try to just rambo your way into their space. They don't just stand and fight until you win or lose, which is something that is very video game-y and IME newer players expect that to happen. I almost think it went too well for much could have happened, but hey that happens sometimes and I think the second wall afterwards does sort of convey to a reasonable person how bad things can get if you don't hit every single game changing attack roll ever as those goblins could have seriously messed them up with worse rng. I kind of feel bad for Altare, he just keeps arriving late or getting into clumsy situations due to bad luck and unfortunate positioning when combat starts in some of these encounters. He just spun on his shell and posed for the goblins that entire hallway encounter.

If it is compounding bad decisions then I'd expect Altor or Curiobot deciding to destroy everything in their way, as that has pretty much always worked up to this point, and they piss off something dangerous like a dragon or something. Vesper seems like the type of DM to punish that kind of reckless abandon, and I'm all for it as I hate pussy foot DMs who just let players do dumb shit just because it is early level.

Can't wait for it all to tumble down.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I don't know who these people are, but this looks like a fun artist/vtweeter slapfight.

1672345545557.png

Images from the first tweet:
1672345561184.png1672345590262.png
1672345605710.png
1672345621669.png

1672345671574.png
1672345695846.png
Tweets / Archive

The model has now been given away, also a checkmark playing internet police:
1672345845793.png
1672345910597.png
Tweets / Archive

So tl;dr someone sells a not particularly great vtuber model to a genderfluid with excessive unenforceable "terms of service", antics occur.

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Meloco releasing her first cover tomorrow!

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
There's people who think cutting off someone's genitals is a humane and life-saving treatment of mental disorders. How does this surprise you? Americans seem to be generally a lot more wary of paranormal stuff than Europeans, at least from my experience. If anything, I'm shocked that Pippa isn't scared of this stuff.
For what it's worth, I rejected religion as a young teen and have been agnostic almost to the point of solipsism at times. Just because you haven't been paying attention to evidence of inexplicable things happening in the world around us doesn't mean they are not happening. Equating a recognition of the possibility of danger in dabbling with the occult to endorsement of transgender clownworld is asinine.

Some FlaVR news, Marie Mehlo is streaming, doing a zatsu:

And there's possibly a new talent adopting the Nayvell Milkdrop character:

Edit: Also, not sure if you guys are interested in drama or not, but that guy behind the recent Coco Blanc account has vamoosed after he got significant pushback. I don't know how much of it is true or not but the rumor seems to be that he and the recent Jubilee Jonagold are bf/gf, and that he has some history as a sexpest groomer. It's a /vt/ rrat and I have not done my reps so take it with a grain of salt. The jubilee accounts are also all gone. I didn't catch any streams from her account, but listening to what is alleged to be a PL account video, it sounds like a male using a voice changer to me. I'm no expert though. One of the threads where stuff was happening wrt to this topic: https://archive.ph/Nzhuh

I don't know a lot about the politics of /vt/ but there seems to be a kind of weird frienemy relationship between /vt/ and some board for people with aspegers, with some people on /fvr/ soliciting people from the aspergers board to join as flavr members. I don't really know the details but its kind of engrossing to catch glimpses into the soap opera when i from time to time peek in.

Edit: also Minna Vanilla will be doing a relationship advice stream on sunday and is accepting questions via marshmallow. Some of you may find it helpful:

Last edited:

Username Generator

Early Adopter

Kalion

:)

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
I don't really belive in paranormal stuff, so I wonder if maybe her meds are causing this or if she might have a gas leak.
My guess is that Pippa is just very easily paranoid. Probably because she's easily influenced and has a weak grip on reality due to never going outside, and there's also the mold and not eating correctly.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Guys, Michiru is live right now!

Edit: I can't understand a word she says in Japanese, but when she says hello my heart melts.

She is so goddamn adorable. Wish I could watch her more but timezones fuck me over.

She announced it quite some time ago.
"Only for fun and offcollabs, nothing official"... apparently.

But with more and more mems in jp this is getting interesting.

Also
View attachment 9136

Ah yes the girls that took about 2 years to finally meet despite most of them living in the same country/continent suddenly randomly all decided to travel to japan because nothing is happening over there other than eating cake with the girls.

on one hand the panicking is funny. On the other it’s quite disappointing they quit because they’ve said worse so it makes no sense

I also can’t help but think about how NijiEn wouldn’t have batted an eye
Talking about boyfriends is pretty taboo even for NijiEN. THey know how schizo and parasocial the audience is especially when some members probably have boyfriends which they are hiding from the gans.

I wonder why, it's not like Giri is showing much more than she does here:

Its all about the face. Giri has appeared multiple times in photos but always trying to cover her face, possibly to avoid doxing and potentially someone alerting her parents about her streaming job. She has mentioned multiple times that she has hidden the fact that she is a streamer from her parents for a very long time because her mother is a very strict chinese parents that would not approve of it. Her convention trips have all been hidden behind that she works in a sort of internet marketing job and she goes to these conventions to meet up with clients and secure marketing contracts.

Its pretty fucked up that shes one of the biggest indie vtubers out there and she is afraid of letting her parents know about her work despite it being extremely profitable.

This wholesome fucking sheep crying mid-speech at how much she's done over the year followed up by the most emotional performance of her best original song is too much for this bitter old heart of mine. She's absolutely gonna make it to the Budoukan one day
:sanasmile:

View attachment 9143
God I love her. Really hope her Budokan dream becomes true.

View attachment 9150

I'm starting to squint my eyes to see if I can still tell her kayfabe from her IRL parental issues.
Im going to assume its real (as mentioned above in the Onigiri reply). Chinese parents are fucking reatarded and i assume they are very dissapointed that their kid girl is not a doctor or a lawyer.

For me, this is Sava 100%. She is CRIMINALLY underrated. I know we have talked about her crazy soap eating antics and such here before but she more going for her too. She is genuinely funny and has a godly singing voice when she chooses to whip it out. She's a dork a lot of the time, which I love, but can also be super comfy to listen to in zatsus and such. She's even done a couple ASMR's for those that are into that sort of thing.

Leti and Oceane especially get the most attention out of Kawaii's 3rd gen. They are both great talents, no doubt, but you should really check out Sava if you haven't.
My main issue with Sava is her timeslot. Im usually at work and I can barely ever watch her. If she would stream later the schedule would conflict with the others I watch.

Fortunately Sava had a bit of a bump before going on her break before Christmas, doubling in subs in a matter of days. This still means she's only at 12k subs, but if she continues getting spikes like these (it seems to come mostly from her ASMR content), she could have a chance of matching her larger gfe genmates.

As for who I feel is underrated, obviously I would say Sana in her day, but as a less extreme example, Juna Unagi of Idol-EN isn't drastically behind her genmates in subs, but still noticeably so. I'll admit she isn't my all-time favorite of her gen like I thought she'd be on debut (that dashing Brit somehow went and took that spot) but she's definitely on the upper end of the entertainment spectrum in her gen, at least to me, and I don't really know how to explain her relative unpopularity. I guess the mommy debuff is real?
I would like to know what the hell happened. She seems to have struggled when it comes to subs but suddenly she got 5k subs in like 2 or 3 weeks. Did the company promote the content by having ads? Did she appear in someone else's stream and got a huge boost from it? Maybe a clip of her popped off? Any ideas?

Damn, I feel that.

Some FlaVR news, Marie Mehlo is streaming, doing a zatsu:

And there's possibly a new talent adopting the Nayvell Milkdrop character:

Edit: Also, not sure if you guys are interested in drama or not, but that guy behind the recent Coco Blanc account has vamoosed after he got significant pushback. I don't know how much of it is true or not but the rumor seems to be that he and the recent Jubilee Jonagold are bf/gf, and that he has some history as a sexpest groomer. It's a /vt/ rrat and I have not done my reps so take it with a grain of salt. The jubilee accounts are also all gone. I didn't catch any streams from her account, but listening to what is alleged to be a PL account video, it sounds like a male using a voice changer to me. I'm no expert though. One of the threads where stuff was happening wrt to this topic: https://archive.ph/Nzhuh

I don't know a lot about the politics of /vt/ but there seems to be a kind of weird frienemy relationship between /vt/ and some board for people with aspegers, with some people on /fvr/ soliciting people from the aspergers board to join as flavr members. I don't really know the details but its kind of engrossing to catch glimpses into the soap opera when i from time to time peek in.

First time seeing Mehlo. She seems rough around the edges, and a bit autistic.

I watched Coco Blanc's debut (atleast the first part of it). Dude has a very nice voice, the small intro, the lore and bgm were all very nice too and he seems to be way more comfortable with streaming than possibly all of the other talents. I skipped out on the game part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom