"I've never claimed for my stream to be like, a safe space. It is not, it never has been, I've streamed since 2017. Get the fuck out"Veibae

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I don't blame their overreaction. Being on hololive is, as I've said before, living under a 10-ton damochles sword of imbecilic friendless corpo managers. I can only imagine the draconian punishment measures they've put in place should anyone outwardly mention the words "sex", "having" and "enjoy" in any order.

Tangentially

123123.png

I'm starting to squint my eyes to see if I can still tell her kayfabe from her IRL parental issues.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

AmpleChip

on one hand the panicking is funny. On the other it’s quite disappointing they quit because they’ve said worse so it makes no sense

I also can’t help but think about how NijiEn wouldn’t have batted an eye
When half of them have confirmed boyfriends putting anyone into the loud sex category would have festered too many rrats for hololive. Mumei's screaming was hilarious though.

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
Depending on what you find funny, Mumei autistically screeching was pretty good reaction.

In the context of sex jokes, I can't think of anything from the EN side that isn't just innuendo or implied at worst. Maybe Bae or Gura drawing a penis? My memory is pretty shit though so can you remind me with some examples?

In all the times I've played, and most of the times I've seen Jackbox played, the content was only as sexual as the players were willing to make it. But anecdote and RNG etc. so my experience might be skewed.

All that aside, I place the blame mainly on Mumei overreacting and being autistic about the whole affair. Her response to anything unexpected is to first scream and second panic. I don't think "assess the situation" is anywhere in her list of fight or flight responses. I honestly think Fauna could have handled it and obviously Reine and Irys aren't too bothered by that stuff but leaving the game was probably the easiest way to reign in Mumei.

On a similar note I also want to rant about Bae being dumb about this stuff too. She's taken "I'm 12 and what is this" way too far to the point where talking about underwear fitting makes her shut down.
Mumei may have been the most overt reactions of them all, but a few of the other girls were freaking out a little bit too, especially since a few of them accidentally submitted their answers trying to avoid the one option and were freaking about that. I agree with you on the bae point though. She tends to arbitrarily enforce that shtick. She had zero problem discussing/mentioning the takeshi sex meme, which I found way worse than just discussing how someone buys bras. It could be dialed back IMO, but it is a relatively minor pet peeve for me.

Jackbox has a family-friendly mode that they didn't realize they needed until after that prompt. Also, Jackbox is definitely not "prone to throwing out such topics" when prompting to label another player in a sexual way, even without the family-friendly mode enabled, given that most of its content in those kinds of mini-games are player-created. Those kind of situations are few and far in-between to where you could easily play every game in a collection and not even see that kind of situation. They could have easily just ran the mini-game again and not gotten that kind of question.
Jackbox is truly a mix bag at the end of the day from my experience. The NSFW or edgier content is fairly common in many of the sub-games; this is what tends to be what makes the game entertaining, assuming genuine wit is involved. There are a few sub-games where this isn't true; however, usually those games are trivia based. I was honestly surprised they initially were going to play it in the first place, but it seems like in the stream Fauna was firmly advocating it.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
I'm curious about some opinions on this. When looking at corpos is there someone you like that seems to be overshadowed by their genmates in popularity but is super talented themselves? I think of this as someone who is super underrated and just needs their time in the spotlight to shine.

For me, this is Sava 100%. She is CRIMINALLY underrated. I know we have talked about her crazy soap eating antics and such here before but she more going for her too. She is genuinely funny and has a godly singing voice when she chooses to whip it out. She's a dork a lot of the time, which I love, but can also be super comfy to listen to in zatsus and such. She's even done a couple ASMR's for those that are into that sort of thing.

Leti and Oceane especially get the most attention out of Kawaii's 3rd gen. They are both great talents, no doubt, but you should really check out Sava if you haven't.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Tempus DND Episode 2 is premiering right now, nerds

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
I'm curious about some opinions on this. When looking at corpos is there someone you like that seems to be overshadowed by their genmates in popularity but is super talented themselves? I think of this as someone who is super underrated and just needs their time in the spotlight to shine.

For me, this is Sava 100%. She is CRIMINALLY underrated. I know we have talked about her crazy soap eating antics and such here before but she more going for her too. She is genuinely funny and has a godly singing voice when she chooses to whip it out. She's a dork a lot of the time, which I love, but can also be super comfy to listen to in zatsus and such. She's even done a couple ASMR's for those that are into that sort of thing.

Leti and Oceane especially get the most attention out of Kawaii's 3rd gen. They are both great talents, no doubt, but you should really check out Sava if you haven't.

Fortunately Sava had a bit of a bump before going on her break before Christmas, doubling in subs in a matter of days. This still means she's only at 12k subs, but if she continues getting spikes like these (it seems to come mostly from her ASMR content), she could have a chance of matching her larger gfe genmates.

As for who I feel is underrated, obviously I would say Sana in her day, but as a less extreme example, Juna Unagi of Idol-EN isn't drastically behind her genmates in subs, but still noticeably so. I'll admit she isn't my all-time favorite of her gen like I thought she'd be on debut (that dashing Brit somehow went and took that spot) but she's definitely on the upper end of the entertainment spectrum in her gen, at least to me, and I don't really know how to explain her relative unpopularity. I guess the mommy debuff is real?

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Fortunately Sava had a bit of a bump before going on her break before Christmas, doubling in subs in a matter of days. This still means she's only at 12k subs, but if she continues getting spikes like these (it seems to come mostly from her ASMR content), she could have a chance of matching her larger gfe genmates.

As for who I feel is underrated, obviously I would say Sana in her day, but as a less extreme example, Juna Unagi of Idol-EN isn't drastically behind her genmates in subs, but still noticeably so. I'll admit she isn't my all-time favorite of her gen like I thought she'd be on debut (that dashing Brit somehow went and took that spot) but she's definitely on the upper end of the entertainment spectrum in her gen, at least to me, and I don't really know how to explain her relative unpopularity. I guess the mommy debuff is real?
Honestly, Juna and Rin are far and away my favorites in Idol.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Just let the streamers do what they are comfortable doing... if you dislike their choices then go watch someone else... there are plenty of streamers (95%) on the raunchy side of the humor scale... if everyone was the same it would get boring, it's best to have some variety... does this need to be said?
:guratism:

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
Enna almost killed me at this part.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
After 15 hours, stinky gyaru princess reached 100k.
gyaru100k.jpeg

Last edited:

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
I gotta admit, "I got cucked out of a haha loud sex funny" joke isn't a hill I was expecting to see camped on lol.

HoloEn has also done things like the wolf simulator stream so the whole thing is just a big 'Who cares and why is it a topic?"

Anyway, Tenma I guess is sick, so her idea to continue playing South Park, a game which has made her scream several times a stream, is probably only summed up as a brilliant move.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
HoloEn has also done things like the wolf simulator stream so the whole thing is just a big 'Who cares and why is it a topic?"
It might hit a bit differently for the girls when they're talking about that stuff in person instead of via the internet.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

Haven't watched the full thing yet, only about 5 minutes in, but I'm absolutely not surprised Vesper's the kind of guy to go full Tucker's Kobolds.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter

I'm curious about what happens next as this seems to be very standard low level dnd stuff, Vesper mentioned that by episode 3 of this 5 episode series that things start to get weird and in his twitter hype he said this was the most unhinged session he's ever DM'd. So what the fuck is going to happen?

Still Tempus handled that combat well, though Axel needs to learn to use Cunning Action on Rogue especially as melee Rogue, that was a potentially pretty dangerous situation and the dice gods favored them really hard especially at the second half of the battle as they only missed one out of six attacks total they made and Goblins have pretty good AC for low levels. That three goblin hold went extremely well for them as that could have gone much worse if their are more goblins behind that wall.

kukkia

Early Adopter
I gotta admit, "I got cucked out of a haha loud sex funny" joke isn't a hill I was expecting to see camped on lol.
I think it's mostly just the level of what made them freak out. Nobody expects HoloEN to be joking about Batman raping Mexicans in CAH or something, but getting scared of Jackbox is like getting offended by the level of graphic violence in Fortnite.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Seriously, it's been a day and there's not a single YouTube clip. Fuck it I'll do it myself. Even if I could convince one person to become a Watamate it'll be worth it.

View attachment 9160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom