"Ahh the coke air, coke air. You know the coke air? The nooo one. I always, I always order the, the cola. Coca cola and without cola. I always order the cola and without cola. Cola! I like cola, yeah. I always, I always order the, the carbionated cola. Ahh how can I explain? I can explain by my drawing! I always order like the carbionated cola that it has cola on here, this part, the ear. Ear of bottle. And then, I order- wh- when I order cola, the ear- it always have a cola on h- on a top, but I pick up these... away! cause I don't drink it. And then I smell the cola air. Okay? You understand? Understandable! Cola air! yes"Kumagai "Beatani" Chisato

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlemagne

The Eternal Lurker

Senas revealing her DIY L2D right now

Kazuma

Early Adopter

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
1671584868550.png

:irysthumbsupl:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
There's like a lot of layers to this
One side is saying that Gwelu thought that the Pekora Anti got the okay from Cover and Pekora to make the song, so he thought it was okay too.
Another side is saying that Gwelu bypassed management and posted this himself, without knowing the context behind the song, and is just trying to shift blame.
View attachment 8479
EDIT:
Okay, so management aside, Gwelu tried to tag the original maker of the song on Twitter to get his side on whether or not he got the okay from Cover and Pekora to make the song.
OP immediately threw Gwelu under the bus, he didnt get permission and that he was a Pekora anti
View attachment 8481
So I did more digging. The original text originated from 5ch, as expected (Not sure the context of the original post whether it was made by an anti lampooning her fans or what). People then took it and started memeing it. The guy whose Tweets you posted made a song of it:

I don't think he is really an anti or anything, just getting in on the meme. He didn't get permissions from Hololive or Pekora to make the song, but Gwelu apparently assumed he did?

Bonus:
Here's a clip of Pekora talking about the meme while it was making its rounds:

She didn't think much of it and just saw it as a promotion of her lol.

Honestly, as usual, seems blown out of proportion. Gwelu and Management probably should have put more thought into the situation and asked Hololive or Pekora first to be sure, but it is whatever to me.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

Bug Eater

Managed to screencap these earlier before she deleted it. I have a feeling she's referring to the Mirai Akari project which would make sense considering her last upload was almost a month ago plus she's been streaming again in her YT channel. It would REALLY suck if it's another "Kaguya Luna" scenario.
I didn't think anything of this at the time, but apparently a couple of days ago Haruka said that Kson was the one who consoled her about restarting her channel and streaming again - don't have an exact timestamp but it comes from Kson discord. This is when Kson first shows up in her chat (she says she's sad because streaming everyday means she can't watch Kson's streams anymore, Kson says she doesn't need to)

Kind of surprised because Bandai-Namco seemed pretty chill, never heard her complain about management before. Hopefully things will still work out, but otherwise it means Shiro will be the only real OG vtuber left.

Here is the song, BTW, not Gwelu's version.

The lyrics are taken from an old 2ch copypasta that pokes fun at the kinds of people who would confess to their oshi via superchat, you could replace "Pekora" with anything and it still works. Pekora even talked about it on stream once, I think she basically said it's dumb but she's happy if anyone discovers her because of it.

Edit: I got ninja'd, by you, so thanks, well I guess I'll just add that I still think it's really funny as a high-effort shitpost :gunpeko:

Autisticus

Mike vagueposting to rile up her fanbase into attacking any old streamer they see fit is a whole other issue. Delu contacts her asking for assistance to clear this up, Mike then clearly states to Delu that she was talking about her. She wouldn't even provide proof when asked, so why is she talking about that shit to start with?

At that point, Delu is going public to protect herself because Mike's pointless vagueposting is causing her to get dragged into shit. So if you want to blame someone for dragging it out in the open, blame Mike for bringing up that bullshit to begin with.

I'm not gonna say Delu didn't get DMs or questions from some jackass, random shit gets sent to Vtubers related to the most innocuous statements pretty much 24/7, but the statement Mike made in that stream was nowhere near an incitement for any reasonable person. She was complaining that she was still being harassed from the February incident when other dramas/scandals had been forgotten. She did not want to talk to Delutaya when she was approached because she had heard Delu took part in spreading a rumor about her back in her pre-debut Hololive days and before her "redemption arc". (Best guess as far as anyone can speculate, and this is 100% speculation don't get me wrong, is this is related to an old incident where one of the Hololive managers was telling people she went to host clubs and it probably made its way to Delu, who was confirmed to have worked with the manager in question during her brief stint)

Her proof is, allegedly, a recording that would open her up to the very same Japanese slander laws she has sued people under from the other (e.g. not Delu) party present were she to release it outside of an actual legal process.

There really wasn't anything for Delutaya to be dragged into or to protect herself from prior to the fanbox post. The only incident prior to that was whatever random DMs or questions she had received. Imageboard posters latch onto the slightest scrap of drama and do their best to turn it into a shitstorm, but none of them, Japanese or English, were saying a thing about this incident. I wouldn't blame Mike for this any more than I'd blame Kronii for Gabe or Pippa for Henry when they decide to shit up another Vtuber's day.

RiverBear

Honestly, as usual, seems blown out of proportion. Gwelu and Management probably should have put more thought into the situation and asked Hololive or Pekora first to be sure, but it is whatever to me.
It really is, but at the same time, they did they make a joint statement about going hard on statements against/defaming their talents/livers, so good on Niji for following through, even if it's one of their own

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Sena Bonbon confirmed for pettan.
5757D70C-42F3-45D3-A358-494D203E29B4.png

*ahem*

Watching this stream my earlier rant about how I totally would never fall for a big titty chocolate mama vtuber feels suddenly relevant :pippasquish:

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud

RiverBear

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
While we're on the subject, the OTHER big titty dark chocolate mama vtuber with a funny accent and whose name is suspiciously similar to Sana's is doing a Christmas karaoke

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
View attachment 8484
*ahem*

Watching this stream my earlier rant about how I totally would never fall for a big titty chocolate mama vtuber feels suddenly relevant :pippasquish:
I would like to be the first to formally congratulate you on your replacement oshii. May her back be strong and unbroken, like the spear of Grand Wizard Vespear.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Lia rementioned the Fillian family feud again. She says she's been awesome to work with!

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Athena has come back with a new chibi model.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Time for another Lia drunk stream.

It's been an interesting stream since she's been out of character for much of it. Apparently that academic program she got accepted to but decided to not attend so she could continue streaming was in Japan, so turning it down must have been doubly difficult for a weeb like her. She also told a story about how the time around her debut was difficult for her since a bunch of friends snaked on her around that time, but she's so happy having such great co-workers to help lift her up during that and other hard times in her life. I'm glad to hear she's doing so well.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
I didn't think anything of this at the time, but apparently a couple of days ago Haruka said that Kson was the one who consoled her about restarting her channel and streaming again - don't have an exact timestamp but it comes from Kson discord. This is when Kson first shows up in her chat (she says she's sad because streaming everyday means she can't watch Kson's streams anymore, Kson says she doesn't need to)

Kind of surprised because Bandai-Namco seemed pretty chill, never heard her complain about management before. Hopefully things will still work out, but otherwise it means Shiro will be the only real OG vtuber left.

Thanks for this. I'm glad Kson has her back and told her to start streaming again because it would be a shame if she didn't because she still has her fans (especially that one simp of hers who's consistently been throwing reds her way for 4-5 years now.)

Last edited:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
It feels like it's been far too long since I've been able to Pippa Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom