"The loud and proud, would be the Naruto fart and the silent but deadly would be the Sasuke fart"Hakos Baelz

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CardiacMaple

Gods Quietest Lurker
The Merrrrrrge :cursedbae:

Really, though, what in the world, how does this happen, how did pon wolf end up being posted like this
E: Screen shamelessly stolen from Discord, apparently this is the person to blame for this? https://nitter.nl/Toobasedx
View attachment 5885
he just tweets anyone who does tybg meme edits
God damn it man, I thought you guys were joking with this, but you all were not joking, huh? First Tariq Nasheed posted a Watame GIF, and now Lil B posting an Airi edit. The Merge is real and here

Jealous

Lurker
It is like people cheering on a schizo.
1669092706385.png

An actual schizo (was an actual shizo - RIP) cheered by /g/

Last edited:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Terry was built different. Dude created some amazing shit and was mostly fucked by a world that didn't get him.

Edit: I actually think Terry was probably fucked hard by his schizo issues, as it manifested in him coming off as very racist and extreme but he was still able to make some very amazing things. If society, and more specifically the tech industry, wasn't so scared of racism, Terry probably could have had a good but insane life in some company. I don't mean that they should be championing racisms or whatever, just that in Terry's case it was the direct result of his mental illness and instead of getting any kind of help he was shunned in the name of virtue signaling.

It's just very annoying that the tech industry and government will champion horrific sexual depravity but will have no issue essentially killing someone like Terry just because he had some bad opinions when it came to race.

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Dear friends, isnt it a bit degrading for people to read this shit on stream? Doesnt that make you no better than vshojo degen?
Vshoujo seems to be about baiting horny people and has a part of their audience watching with sexual expectations of the streamer, encouraged by the streamer themselves. A stream like Lia's fanfic reading stream, on the other hand, is about appreciating cringe content. I don't feel encouraged to view Lia or her vtuber avatar in a sexual manner with this content. Lia enjoys investigating cringe content and (over)sharing it with others. That's the difference between the two.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Vshoujo seems to be about baiting horny people and has a part of their audience watching with sexual expectations of the streamer, encouraged by the streamer themselves. A stream like Lia's fanfic reading stream, on the other hand, is about appreciating cringe content. I don't feel encouraged to view Lia or her vtuber avatar in a sexual manner with this content. Lia enjoys investigating cringe content and (over)sharing it with others. That's the difference between the two.
Also that the probability of her having an account (or at least lurking) the woman/tumblr-related subforum(s) on the homeland keeps creeping up over time. If not the greater portion of the site in general.

We know Pippa does.

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
Well, judging from all the context I've read about the Lia stream so far today; it should be safe to assume that she won't be interested in you unless
1. You've murdered countless people and torture their souls via imprisonment in glowing green cum jar.
2. You have a literal skeleboner.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Well, judging from all the context I've read about the Lia stream so far today; it should be safe to assume that she won't be interested in you unless
1. You've murdered countless people and torture their souls via imprisonment in glowing green cum jar.
You are missing one.

3. You're British.

Mumberthrax

War Cleric of TVA
Early Adopter
[...]
Oh and of course people are NOT happy about the redesign, and she makes clear her disdain for those posters.

View attachment 5882

View attachment 5883
It feels to me like she has done this partially because she is not getting clipped much, yet the fact is barely anyone does for small indies unless they get a fan clip channel that gains traction like what happened with fallenshadow's clip channel.

Most clippers only do the same few vtubers, or stick to the same few groups that are already clipped over and over again.

To quote Vox Day wrt the FTX happenings: "Never waste any time whatsoever attempting to imitate or replicate what the apparently successful do, and definitely don’t listen to anything they say. It’s all extraordinarily manufactured, fake, and gay."

Like with young women who are pressured to set up onlyfans accounts because they think it will be easy cash because they see other women who don't even look as nice as them are raking it in, when -oops- turns out most of that cash is likely money laundering and now you've debased yourself and provided blackmailable content. A lewd vtuber model isn't to that extreme, but the principle still applies. If you didn't take the ticket, you don't get the hundreds of thousands of venture capital funding for your small corpo or the astroturf bots spamming your brand, and the saturation of coomer-tubers means you are already competing against every other jiggly pair of animated boobs. The argument of "I have to do what everyone else is doing to get seen, otherwise it isn't profitable" is predicated on a false reality where the deck is not stacked. It is, and the sooner you realize it, the more productively you can focus your efforts.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Last edited:

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Since we are seeing Hive blow up I want to Quote what I said earlier:
since we already on the topic, I doubt twitter will die, die, is to big to fail and at worst it might go down for a bit until Elon is forced to sell at a massive lost, but in the unlikely (but no imposible I admit) this is the end of the road for the bird, I predict it wont be any of the current already big Social medias that will replace it, those already had a purpose and i dont think is posible for them to adapt to fit what twitter Orphans will be looking for, my prediction is one the many many bootleg twitter alternatives will win the lottery by complete chance and be the one that end up with the mayority of users, and thus the defacto new tweeter, once that happens everyone will star migrating there and the same big shots who controlled twitter will make the move to get their piece of the pie on the new place, and in a couple weeks/month the new place will be virtually unrecognizable from twiiter, and the world still moves along as usual.
I seem I was right and Hive is our lucky winner of the knockoff twitter lottery, and twitter hasn't even died yet, but everyone seems to agree that if Twitter does shit the bed completely (which I still think is unlikely) Hive is where everyone will be forced to move, I would give my opinion on the App itself but I have been trying and failing to create an account all day, but it wont let me do it with a non Gmail email and I don't want to use my phone number, so I'm missing the party for now.
:ameohno:

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Pippa comes bearing gifts of house fires.

1669095517083.png

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter

I seem I was right and Hive is our lucky winner of the knockoff twitter lottery, and twitter hasn't even died yet, but everyone seems to agree that if Twitter does shit the bed completely (which I still think is unlikely) Hive is where everyone will be forced to move, I would give my opinion on the App itself but I have been trying and failing to create an account all day, but it wont let me do it with a non Gmail email and I don't want to use my phone number, so I'm missing the party for now.
don't worry people will backpedal off Hive pretty soon because the word about the staff being ableist and orange supporters have started making rounds
If twitter dies down I'll go wherever the VTuber majority went off to since that's pretty much why I still have an account there

Anyway sure is a week here with jewtuber posting and other stuff, britbong has that energy I like so I probably will be watching her more from now on

This hasn't been posted here yet but it's also quite expected news, the last UPROAR!! member Yatogami Fuma will be having his 3D debut this Saturday and info from Uyu's 3D debut last week revealed that there will be a group 3D collab with the rest of UPROAR!! on 12/3 where they're going to introduce their basecamp look (similar to how the HoloX 3D debut relay goes)

Uyu's 3D debut stream in case people are missing out, all of uproar's 3D debut has been really solid so far and Uyu still lives up to the expectation. Looking forward to Fuma's 3D this week

wew

Male hag love!
Now for something more horrifying, the British panda bear streamer Shizukou is going in another direction.....and damn what a waste.

View attachment 5881
Imagine having a decent model (the one at the top), doing good numbers as a streamer (in the hundreds), and scoring some collabs with Nijisanji talent....and then she turns into another vshojo coomertuber look.

I fucking hate this shit, especially when I have watched her in the past. As far as I remember, no she didn't cater to the UOHH crowd, it's not that.

This is what happens when people like Ironmouse constantly change their models to stuff that looks way worse....everyone else has to jump on the band wagon.
View attachment 5880
I wonder if she got that funded with all the bilibili money she was raking in, she had some sort of partnership going on there for a while.

Oh and of course people are NOT happy about the redesign, and she makes clear her disdain for those posters.

View attachment 5882

View attachment 5883
It feels to me like she has done this partially because she is not getting clipped much, yet the fact is barely anyone does for small indies unless they get a fan clip channel that gains traction like what happened with fallenshadow's clip channel.

Most clippers only do the same few vtubers, or stick to the same few groups that are already clipped over and over again.

I have not watched her so I'm reaching out my ass for this take but
This feels like she saw loli corpo vtubers doing great so she copied that despite her voice not fitting and not having any luck most likely just because its hard as an indie to get eyes on you but instead of trying more creative content she saw that all the big twitch vtubers are coomer bait out the ass so shes switching to that now.
She just feels like a trend hopper and not just doing what she wants. Which just makes your content suffer in the long run man and will now split your fans.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
To quote Vox Day wrt the FTX happenings: "Never waste any time whatsoever attempting to imitate or replicate what the apparently successful do, and definitely don’t listen to anything they say. It’s all extraordinarily manufactured, fake, and gay."

Like with young women who are pressured to set up onlyfans accounts because they think it will be easy cash because they see other women who don't even look as nice as them are raking it in, when -oops- turns out most of that cash is likely money laundering and now you've debased yourself and provided blackmailable content. A lewd vtuber model isn't to that extreme, but the principle still applies. If you didn't take the ticket, you don't get the hundreds of thousands of venture capital funding for your small corpo or the astroturf bots spamming your brand, and the saturation of coomer-tubers means you are already competing against every other jiggly pair of animated boobs. The argument of "I have to do what everyone else is doing to get seen, otherwise it isn't profitable" is predicated on a false reality where the deck is not stacked. It is, and the sooner you realize it, the more productively you can focus your efforts.
While I agree with the quote, setting up an only fans is easy cash if you market yourself properly. Seen 3/10 actually making bank because they are smart. This is the problem with Vtubing overall. Everyone wants to join and stream pokemon like all the Hololive and Nijisanji girls but they dont market themselves properly. They struggle to grow because nothing they do makes them stand out. That said i do think shit like making a coomer model can help you get clips but you have to be at a certain level for that to happen or you, yourself have to make and promote those clips.

In a way Idol corp dumping thousands of dollars in marketing is a way to get noticed from the get go.

100 people moving to Hive wont get people to migrate. Its just not going to happen. Twitter is fine, there is no reason to move anyways other than Twitter employees and the media bitching and moaning about how the site is going to die because 90% of the useless employees got the boot.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Nux made a video on his Nijisanji collab being mass reported

Tl;dw: upload of a clip where he bitches about demonetization in youtube and how easily people can mass report shit

chihirogumi

Now for something more horrifying, the British panda bear streamer Shizukou is going in another direction.....and damn what a waste.

View attachment 5881
Imagine having a decent model (the one at the top), doing good numbers as a streamer (in the hundreds), and scoring some collabs with Nijisanji talent....and then she turns into another vshojo coomertuber look.

I fucking hate this shit, especially when I have watched her in the past. As far as I remember, no she didn't cater to the UOHH crowd, it's not that.

This is what happens when people like Ironmouse constantly change their models to stuff that looks way worse....everyone else has to jump on the band wagon.
View attachment 5880
I wonder if she got that funded with all the bilibili money she was raking in, she had some sort of partnership going on there for a while.

View attachment 5882

View attachment 5883

What a retard. As sexy as a lot of the Hololive girls are, they don't look like they belong in a nukige. My oshi (Chihiro Yuki) changes models from time to time and it's explained with lore that she has the ability to change ages/genders as a magical girl, however it's always a temporary model change made by the same artist to keep consistency. Maybe she could have come up with some BS lore to justify it as a temporary change so that she could gauge the audiences reaction. Makes too much sense though. Also lol at her scolding her fans for "policing her" when she literally admits to being policed into her new model. No wonder so many chuuba enjoyers understandably hate the EN scene.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
This is the result of allowing Henry to run wild, it's emboldened the retards at /vt/ and somehow this will probably be blamed on the homelands in the long run.
:annoyedpippa:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

So I have a chance? Oh boy I can't wait to whip a young woman to death with a chain.

For the government agent reading this post, I assure you this is only a joke for the sake of stickers on an edgy internet forum for shitposting about men with voice changers. I would never beat a young woman to death with a chain when I come much harder from using my bare hands.

The reality of entertainment businesses often goes way over the head of the fame chasers that think all they have to do is look pretty and sound good and they'll just have the road paved for them just as soon as people start to notice. They don't realize how much real work is involved on top of the general need for some actual talent in order to pull ahead of the pack of literally everyone else vying for that same slice of the pie. Worse still, they don't realize that it's actually easier to succeed if you are easily distinguishable if you have the work to back yourself up.

These types just see people in the "trend" getting attention and some small bump in traffic and take it as a sign that it's what they need to make it when it's really just the constant flux of media attention drifting around like it does and the people that it lands on temporarily are just lucky more often than skilled. When it turns out she's not doing better even after trend chasing, I expect some bitter tweeting at worst, or a full on frustrated graduation at best. Don't get in front of a camera for the purpose of becoming famous and popular, do it because you like entertaining people and it's a medium you want to employ to do so. You won't have to compete with the fame-hungry desperate because they'll all be trapped in their limbo clawing at each other for the same scraps of audience who are just looking for some bottom-of-the-barrel mindlessness and have no commitment or interest in the watch-of-the-day because they're all the same. The real entertainers often rise out of the dregs quick enough that it never becomes a concern, and then you only have to start worrying about how best to work your niche for the audience you do build.

This is the result of allowing Henry to run wild, it's emboldened the retards at /vt/ and somehow this will probably be blamed on the homelands in the long run.
:annoyedpippa:

I'm dreading the day a chuuba-schizoid murders a streamer, but it seems like that might be what it would take for people to start thinking maybe they need to oppress the visibly deranged to keep them from deepening their insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom