"I came back from searching for all that smoked milk and trying to get back to you while being chased by the government"Skye Shinryu

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Sadly Lia won't be talking about Mr Hands today, but the caramel idol Nyaru has a stream starting shortly on internet lore.

"Hi, Henri, you schizo mother-******, s***." -Nyaru

E: Oh, right, women internet spheres exist(ed):

Last edited:

Horo7618

No one in particular
Accurate though it may be, somehow I doubt the fans will start calling him "Vesper the White".
He's Vesper of the Spear now.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

Saturnus

haha it's unou
For some context, the FlaVR /vt/ general has been working on trying to create its own Gen for fun, and it seems that they've managed to find a girl to actually do it. I'll have to see if there is any others, but she the only one who seems legit.
This makes me feel like I'm going to witness the Koopa Fortuna timeloop again. Or really any /vt/ femanon becoming a vtuber.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

Guys, I think Pippa is gonna be a twitch streamer to avoid 100K.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter

She also recently pinned a Twitch adblock too right now on twitter

xczxcxcc.png

Spergatory

Early Adopter

Vih

Doog
The maniac is going to show up with supachats turned off jsut to spite management.
Playing devils advocate here for a small thought experiment, what do you think the "limit" would be for how long a corpo vtuber would last if they openly removed superchats?

A stream? a day? week? 🤔

Pako celebrating Vesper's return :sanasmile:

Vesper Van Helsing would be a great movie

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Playing devils advocate here for a small thought experiment, what do you think the "limit" would be for how long a corpo vtuber would last if they openly removed superchats?

A stream? a day? week? 🤔
If they openly intended to do that the agency would rightly be like "Um, dude, you need to like, make money?"
It would be like you going to work at your company but refusing to charge clients, they would very rightly fucking fire you instantly, company/employee relationships are a two-way street, if one side doesn't budge then either you resign or you get the boot, workers don't owe companies their work and companies don't owe workers their jobs (at least in capitalist countries) its a purely profit based relationship.

I think the issue with vtubers is the whole streaming aspect gets conflated by people with hobbies or something that is done purely out of the enjoyment gained from it, but agencies are real corporations, they are in this game to make money, they invest in new talent to make as much money and publicity as possible, none of them is a charity. Agencies will do everything they need to do (or think is best even if its not) to survive, else they go bankrupt and all of your fucking oshis get graduated effective immediately.

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
She also recently pinned a Twitch adblock too right now on twitter

View attachment 7425

The foot fags must be purged. Don't come to the walmart zack :gun: :annoyedpippa:
Edit: No Pippa! How can you raid Shiina on youtube in 7 hours when you're done and she's still playing ff7n if you're on twitch!

Last edited:

Horo7618

No one in particular
Ame used to turn off superchats pretty regularly (and maybe still does, I haven't been watching her so much recently) with no apparent repercussions from Management.

[Edit] Plus there are the games that don't allow it too - but people still stream them. I don't think it's the huge deal to corrporate that folks seem to be assuming. They have a lot of other income streams...

Nabeshin

Honestly, disabling the superchats harms more the creator than the corpo. The corpo has multiple vtubers as source of revenue while the vtuber is mainly superchats or donations by things like streamlabs.

So I don't think management cares a lot more than the vtuber about it

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Looks like Pomu reversed her mastectomy and is streaming some culture.

Untitled.png

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Team Youtube actually replied to Pippa. It's a copy paste reply that means jack shit but it's funny someone bothered to reply to it.

If her sub count actually goes down though.
:whatastory:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Honestly, disabling the superchats harms more the creator than the corpo. The corpo has multiple vtubers as source of revenue while the vtuber is mainly superchats or donations by things like streamlabs.
People also over-estimate just how valuable supas are financially to a streamer. For those in the lower-view end, yes, supas are a crucial source of income that enables them to stream full-time. Once you get a few thousand regular viewers behind you however they very quickly drop off in terms of total % revenue. Sponsorship deal & Merch runs are where the real money is. For those streamers who can boast 10k+ viewerships? Supas and donos are a drop in the bucket. Practically meaningless in terms of actually supporting the streamer.
With the backing of a company like Cover you can bet even the smaller talents are getting the benefit of those premium ad deals and other revenue streams. Hell, consider Vshojo, they're raking in millions in investment money off the back of their talents and they're a company that doesn't touch dono money at all - 100% goes to the streamer (after Twitch takes their bit out of it anyways).
I just don't think turning superchats off is that big of a deal to be honest. This early in their careers maybe as a sort of proof of concept, but the financial situation isn't as desperate as I've seen some people portray.

Vih

Doog
Team Youtube actually replied to Pippa. It's a copy paste reply that means jack shit but it's funny someone bothered to reply to it.

If her sub count actually goes down though.
:whatastory:

Does the streisand effect kick in now? That would be some delicious irony

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Nah she just wants to hit 100k subs and followers at the same time.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Congratulations on a 1000 pages

WatamePeeking.gif

Last edited:

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
1k.jpg

You goddamned lunatics.

VShojo logo is on the back, down near the buttcrack.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Someone turned Tempus' original song into a FFTactics remix. A fitting present to welcome back Vespear Noirolfous, the God of Cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom