"Let's just go with 'JDON', maybe it has a meaning, who knows? It's fine!"Kaela Kovalskia (to Kobo)

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukkia

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Holofans about to ban discussion of Calli.
I wish. That would be peak-comedy.

Haachama and Ame are planning a singing stream. Nothing concrete yet, but it is in the works.

Continuous Retardation

Ame Gosling
Early Adopter
Let's be clear here, unless we get some new information. The "conviction" is the "conviction" to not make money.

There's nothing noble or respectable going on. He is not standing up to bad practices or anything, its just a tantrum.

I dunno man, as a boomer I'm just disappointed.
If, emphasis on if, that is the actual reason, then I agree. When you make a choice to join a company you are implicitly agreeing to follow their rules. I have pretty much refrained from commenting on this whole thing because it is pretty much pointless without knowing Cover's reason, Vesper's actions, and Cover's rules.

Anyway my opinion is that all overseas travel required by a company should be paid for by the company along with a stipend for food and accomodation.
I agree 100% and believe this is the only reasonable stance. I would never send anyone to another country, or bring anyone to this one, without using the business' money to do so. Give them the fucking plane tickets and accommodations with enough money to eat on for the expected duration of their stay, and if they want to extend it and do things outside the company purview, they can use their own money for that. I don't care if they are contractors or whatever they are, you can afford it. Being cheap and not going the extra mile as a business every once in a while will not end well. I can understand all the birthday, anniversary, and solo concert stuff to a point, but the Holofes should be wholly paid for by Cover. If nothing else they could pay for some fucking plane tickets. Sometimes, I wish I could just waltz in and start slapping some japs and showing them how to ingratiate their workers to them.

Which lead to this SC:
MannyD sc.jpg
Let's play my favorite game! Spot the SEAYamanba!
Absolutely no plurals used in the entire thing is a sure sign of SEAYamanbadry
Also lemao 500 monopoly money. Guarantee this dude is from shitty SEA discord that hates Kiara.

That being said, Kiara needs some more work apparently. Your job is being on the Internet where you play games and sometimes sing and dance. Grow up and ignore the handful of faggots who will never like you, while reveling in the literal hundreds of people who were overjoyed you showed up. All she's done with this is create a situation that didn't exist before and make some retarded thing out of nothing just like Iofi did over a whole 2 tweets. Kiara, I want you to succeed and feel good about yourself, but you have to help yourself out of menheraville first.

Holofans about to ban discussion of Calli.
Don't threaten me with a good time:guh:

DelusionTree

Early Adopter

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
It seems that I have made statements which are not factual, i will accept my downvotes, please don't ban me for low karma proctor-sama.
No one else here is bold enough to use that profile picture, so I too would like proctor to look the other way for this grave offense.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
He's not wrong.
Also weird how so many mass shooter perps were on SSRIs long term.
I don't see how it is weird that mental people are taking drugs for mental health. The issue with anti-depressants is not everything works for everyone the same way and sometimes they just don't actually do shit for people. They can also get less effective over time.

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty
Fancords in literal shambles
SPEAKING of Pippa and Fancords. Guracord (Gura’s Gawrdians) had a rule overhaul and like Kiara and Ames discords have banned Pippa and Depressed Nousagi.

This is the rule and their ‘reasoning’ for banning them.

7824E8F9-4923-4893-95EC-71D922E55D9B.jpeg
4AEA124D-FA8D-4D97-8622-4AA5A9615564.jpeg

Edit:
Wait didn’t even notice this at first Nuxtaku is also banned lmaaaaao.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Strongest idol's strongest English stream:

Seems like she couldn't get the game to run so she's just been free talking and drawing with chat. I haven't watched Chammers in a while but I respect that she's kept up these once-a-week English streams for so long. Hopefully it's been boosting her confidence.

Looking forward to the Ina collab.

British person has to be nice for a moment and nearly dies from the effort.

Last edited:

soap suds

Just listened to xsoleil's song and uh... it's definitely a song! I couldn't hear what any of them were even saying because their voices were messed with a lot and the music was just so loud. I know the vibe was to be techy and futuristic, but it was too distracting. I got a good laugh out of Hex's lines though because who the hell approved what he sent in? I hope to god he's putting on an act because that voice is not doing him any favors. I don't know, maybe it sounds better when he's speaking and not doing whatever the fuck he was doing in the song.

All that being said, it's not the worst thing imaginable. Most of them seem like they can hold a tune and I'm sure the more I hear it the more I'll get used to it.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
So I guess Filipinos can't count. He said he had 2 videos left, but he meant 4 edited and 2 clips

angry sushi

Early Adopter
Obvious bait aside, I think it's funny when people wish for Kiara to suddenly graduate. I think she is the least likely member to graduate in EN, by quite a bit. At least of her own accord. She's probably the most likely to pull a Rushia.
:menhera:
Put the bait too low, my bad.

I agree, and I'm curious about Mori and the whole legality of who owns what and gets paid from her music. With her roommate account she might be able to grab another record label deal outside of HL and realize just how bad she's getting screwed.

kestraline

Early Adopter
Moe is singing:

VOD got nuked but some interesting news is that Moe is effectively intending to retire from streaming at some point next year, sticking only to YouTube videos once in a while.

Basically said she was getting tired of being a streamer and wanted to move on and do something else. Doesn't seem to be going corpo or anything like that, as much as she would be a great asset to anyone, she just wants to move on after five years of content creation.

Kinda sucks though that another long time vtuber is on their way out, she was good, but very much a 2view these days as her popularity dropped when others came on the scene, and there's loads these days, there just isn't enough room for everyone these days sadly.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Put the bait too low, my bad.

I agree, and I'm curious about Mori and the whole legality of who owns what and gets paid from her music. With her roommate account she might be able to grab another record label deal outside of HL and realize just how bad she's getting screwed.
I thought about this a couple days ago, actually. Honestly, it is really only crappy for the talent if it is a case like Rushia, where they put their own money and effort into their original songs and such and their whole existence gets terminated and they don't have anything to show (If voluntary-graduates like Coco and Sana don't still get royalties, that is fucked, though).

Obviously, that is really only an issue if you actually pull a Rushia. Otherwise, Calli and such are still gonna profit off their own music, they just don't own their chuuba character, so if they leave, they gotta go back to their PL or rebrand.

I also don't think she is getting screwed so much, as I have my doubts she would be able to sign on with a record deal anywhere close to UMG's level, even now, as DDK.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Doubleposting, because totally unrelated:

Oof-exif-remove.jpeg

Yikes

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter

Suisei playing a kind of horror game? with her old friends from her indie age.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
I thought about this a couple days ago, actually. Honestly, it is really only crappy for the talent if it is a case like Rushia, where they put their own money and effort into their original songs and such and their whole existence gets terminated and they don't have anything to show (If voluntary-graduates like Coco and Sana don't still get royalties, that is fucked, though).

Obviously, that is really only an issue if you actually pull a Rushia. Otherwise, Calli and such are still gonna profit off their own music, they just don't own their chuuba character, so if they leave, they gotta go back to their PL or rebrand.

I also don't think she is getting screwed so much, as I have my doubts she would be able to sign on with a record deal anywhere close to UMG's level, even now, as DDK.
This is something that has been on my mind for a while too, like for dedicated musicians like Calli and Susei I wonder how they feel that their entire musical career and fame is tied to a name they don't own (we don't know the specific of what Susei signing into Hololive meant for her character copyright but considering she has talked about how much she wanted it wouldn't surprise if she was willing to sign always the rights to Cover in exchange for her dream job), yeah Calli has made a name for herself as DDK but having 30+ songs that you produced that you technically don't own any real control over must be a be a odd feeling, I always wondered how is going to be in several years when some of the more accomplished talents start wanting to leave on their own accord and until they would realize how little they have to shown for years of work now, I fully expect drama to start in the future when one the girls that never read her contract tries to graduate but realize how screwed she is. (and just to clarify I don't think they are getting screwed now either, Calli is more famous she could have ever hoped and even if she leaves she will be better that she could have ever been had she struck solo, same for pretty much everybody else, my point is how I expect many of the girls don't ever think what their life after Holo is going to be like so they are probably gonna get blindsided by what they signed)

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
No one else here is bold enough to use that profile picture, so I too would like proctor to look the other way for this grave offense.
Nene makes me as bold as i need to be, i don't need to be ashamed. :smugselen:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
Maria is having 2 birthday karaokes and releasing an original song

angry sushi

Early Adopter

I remember way back early on this year Moona had mentioned the cuts of earnings and it was 30% youtube first, then 50% HL, and then after that the rest went to the girl. Kind of soul crushing to know you're losing so much. Not sure if the vod was from homeland or vt. I remember she also hinted that HL might take more or less based on the girl.

I personally know how that feels when you see a company take 95% of your creation and see the millions upon millions of units sold only to be handed essentially pennies.

Clip tax. So the girls pay for the live concerts and takes months in advance to get it done. I wonder what the price is.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Thick necked shark doing a stream on rom hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom