General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Throwing a few dollars her way out of shame for his poor performance is hardly compensation for the lack of leadership.
Didn't Pippa want to organize this event?
She made a primer on it for all the girls by herself, without being asked.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Didn't Pippa want to organize this event?
She made a primer on it for all the girls by herself, without being asked.
The problem isn't that he didn't run it himself, it's that he hasn't had anything of this nature come from him. In other words, Pippa is essentially doing what should have been happening this whole time.

Edit: Also, let's say it's all in the past, will he look at this and use it to innovate future ideas or will he just forget about it and nothing will happen until Pippa or another talent takes the initiative again?

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
She poured salt on slugs and drowned ants she found in her backyard. And she's casually shared all of this while drinking lmao.
Yeah it kind of went downhill as the tadpole story ended. I'm not that familiar with her PL, could it be she's already shared all these stories and wants to get em out so they can't be brought up by trolls later? I get that kids do all kinds of F'd up stuff, but it's surprisingly unflattering stories to share, but maybe she has a reasone.

Maybe no more pets though Yuko ... :vomitdrawer:

Sven

Throwing a few dollars her way out of shame for his poor performance is hardly compensation for the lack of leadership.
Well he should try and get shit like this set up there is the slight issue that if he does it it can become like the mandatory Minecraft and be resented or they feel obligated to do things they don't want.

Ideally he should set something up where it is known by the talents he will support the talents doing contests/challenges among themselves and can do things like covering game costs or some/all of prizes kind of thing to help support the talents as the right kind of contest can definitely bring in eyes.

I'm willing to fry the fish as he deserves it but this case seems more like he handled it about as best as could be, talent wanted to do thing, let them do thing, help support (somewhat) in the background.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
if he does it it can become like the mandatory Minecraft and be resented
That's probably why he wanted one of the girls to do an event instead, and Pippa volunteered for it.
Pippa said on stream was too busy in meat space to do a lot of things with this event.

I'm all for fishman blame but this isn't completely his fault. :sakanapleasepippa:

Early Adopter
The problem isn't that he didn't run it himself, it's that he hasn't had anything of this nature come from him. In other words, Pippa is essentially doing what should have been happening this whole time.
Its not his job thoe. All he has to do is standard stuff like keychains and plan out seasonal event stuffs like these advents, appearances on cons and animations because halloween or some shit. Interactions between talents and microevents even in big corpos like hololive are often driven by talents. Examples : SNOT, CHAD, HomoDND or anything done by Ame.

In short: id rather not have Sakanas hand on everything talents do because fish is unfunny and unoriginal

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Well he should try and get shit like this set up there is the slight issue that if he does it it can become like the mandatory Minecraft and be resented or they feel obligated to do things they don't want.

Ideally he should set something up where it is known by the talents he will support the talents doing contests/challenges among themselves and can do things like covering game costs or some/all of prizes kind of thing to help support the talents as the right kind of contest can definitely bring in eyes.

I'm willing to fry the fish as he deserves it but this case seems more like he handled it about as best as could be, talent wanted to do thing, let them do thing, help support (somewhat) in the background.
Well of course you don't want to force it, as that creates its own issues like you said, but what you want to do is monitor what kind of content and games the talent wants to make and play, and then suggest ideas that can allow for things like contests and overlap if they wish to engage in it.

The more value added he can contribute to the talent, the better time and more reason talent will have to work for him.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
IRyS is super unimpressed by her Wiglett, LongRyS, and was gonna dump him for a better Pokemon. Until she found out his nature was "hardy" and realized she couldn't bench him for that reason.

Lesbian Solid Snake

Pettan Hag Supremacy
Having an argument with management and graduating because of it might just be the dumbest graduation reason to date. But I could see a person with such strong convictions like vesper deciding to fuck off rather than bend the knee.
Which while it is a pretty respectable way to go, it's also fucking stupid to throw away your slot in one of the big two for that.
Introducing Vshojos first* male member! Talent freedom baby!
:vespernice:

*citation needed

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
In short: id rather not have Sakanas hand on everything talents do because fish is unfunny and unoriginal
Sakana should just replace Rie, he's funnier anyways.

USS IOWA

There is a clip circulating about this, but it leaves out multiple important things.

Stream (Timestamp is 01:47:02)
Kiara says the following, the part included in the clip is highlighted:

"... and then i was just randomly up when i was watching her stream (note: gura streams at 2 am her time) and then i commented and normally im gonna be honest like i have noticed a long time before when i commented in her chat i saw like one or two stupid comments in the chat being like 'go away kiara' or shit like that and that honestly is just- i dont know its not very welcomming so i stopped commenting since then. i mean usually she streams during a time where im not really up for watching streams anyway. yeah i think you know its not her fault or so but her- her viewers- theres a lot of viewers that dont watch any other hololive english member i think haha soo sometimes hmm i guess there- they might not be so welcomming sometimes. its okay though i just dont know ever since then so... welcome. but then yesterday- it was yesterday- or was it the day before yesterday? uhmm i didnt notice such a thing and gura was quite chatty and excited so hmm that was nice and you know how- she said she likes my sims 4 playthroughs... (goes on about a mod for sims 4 multiplayer and asked for permissions)"

Which lead to this SC:
View attachment 7308
The "experts" in this thread (A) grabbed the comments of guras last stream on 4th december (2 days ago) and looked for mean comments.
The one time that Gura has streamed and the Chumfucks has decide to shit up the place cause Kiara said "They are more welcoming now than they are in the past."

But still though it kinda irks me that Kiara always focus more on the negative, I know it's because of her past and she did improve on that part but the moment it slips it will always cause schizos to go manic.

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud
I really do wish Kiara would take a leaf out of Gura's book on learning how to ignore the obvious fucking retards shitting up the chat. The schizos and haters home in so fast on the shit she says, especially since it's on a public stream.

Audi Vide Tace

Self-Proclaimed Lurker
Geist's Second Husband
enjoy the suffering of other living creatures, something that no other animal except humans does.
Pedantic here, but arguably many animals do this: orcas, big cats, dolphins, crows, ravens, great apes, elephants, etc. Although they clearly lack human equivalent sapience, so they obviously can't have fleshed out morals or anything. It wouldn't take long to find videos of any of these animals fucking with/killing other animals for funsies or for contempt. Animals tend to get anthropomorphized a lot, especially to be perceived as "kinder" than humans.

Then again if we are talking about actual psychopathy, many are quite literally retarded; they at least will typically have a lower IQ than average. The super intelligent psychopathy is just myth plot logic because it makes for a good story.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
So Pippa moved to Twitch for a movie watch-a-long.

Looks like it's some weird anti-weed PSA.

Early Adopter
Sena love! Good stream! Nothing about yesterday tho. Archived it anyway just in case, even tho doubt it will be taken down.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
"We start 'em young, middle school at least!"

-Pipkin Pippa

Add this quote please it's too good not to.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
enjoy the suffering of other living creatures, something that no other animal except humans does.
Don’t tell that to the monkey that used that frog as a fleshlight, or, like, orcas and dolphins that kill for fun…or lots of the various species of monkeys that kill for fun…Seems like it’s mostly the ‘smartest’ animals that do this kind of stuff.

Early Adopter
Don’t tell that to the monkey that used that frog as a fleshlight, or, like, orcas and dolphins that kill for fun…or lots of the various species of monkeys that kill for fun…Seems like it’s mostly the ‘smartest’ animals that do this kind of stuff.
Or penguins. Fuck penguins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom