"So now I can open my mouth somewhat, I can fit two fingers"Ouro Kronii

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Watching Ame's unarchived karaoke right now, and I had a thought. For any video-editing bros, how hard would it be to replace the video/audio of Kobo with Jontron for the part where she's singing Firework?

Kalion

:)

Late, but Pikamee is back from her three week break.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Watching Ame's unarchived karaoke right now, and I had a thought. For any video-editing bros, how hard would it be to replace the video/audio of Kobo with Jontron for the part where she's singing Firework?
I mean, you could just add the Jontron audio and have 3 voices? I can't imagine it'd be possible to take just Kobo's audio out.

But really I just wanted to say that Jontrons version is 100% seriously legit better than the original. He puts so much more emotion into it than Katy Perry does.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
"washed beef" - Yamanba what?
It was on the GROUND!!!!!!
I don't think "nudes" exactly but there definitely a version without the light rays, if you pay close attention to any of the scenes Gura is naked there always something else censoring her on top of the light rays, is likely the animation was originally made without them and the someone said it was to much for youtube and added those in later.
Won't people just make a convincing nakey version within a day anyways?

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
I mean, you could just add the Jontron audio and have 3 voices? I can't imagine it'd be possible to take just Kobo's audio out.

But really I just wanted to say that Jontrons version is 100% seriously legit better than the original. He puts so much more emotion into it than Katy Perry does.
Oh, yeah, absolutely. JonTron's version is surprisingly good. That's the reason my mind immediately went to him when the song started on the stream.

Jacks Wasted Life

Roar is the most boring, sleep inducing "Anthem" I have ever heard.

on topic. Watching the vod. Good concert, but not amazing 7.5/10. Too short though. Anime was pretty nice though,

Kazuma

Early Adopter
1663478536888.png

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Vesper 9/18/2022 member chat summary.
  • Chat overlay isn't working because it's a member stream. OBS can't capture members chat by default. There are workarounds but Vesper didn't notice early enough to set it up.
  • Chat suggests window capture of the chat. Vesper reveals that Holo training tells them to never use OBS window or display capture, only game capture. He attributes following this rule as the reason he hasn't had any yabs.
  • Vesper's plans to vary member stream times to accommodate fans in different time zones. Will schedule next member stream during current members stream.
  • No updates on Factorio perms. Vesper reads off of a few of the games from the list of games pending perms: factorio, xcom, prey, it takes two. It takes two was apparently a spoiler. Vesper stops reading.
  • Vesper has heard that yelling and whispering are equally straining on the voice because they are equally distant from the standard speaking voice.
  • Vesper usually sleeps around 9-10pm. Today he plans to take his prescription sleeping pill at that time so he can keep his sleeping schedule intact. (Context: He was up until ~5am hanging out with Magni, so he slept during the middle of the day and woke up around 3pm).
  • Someone named "Sir Sorgum" (no typo) sends a superchat. Vesper goes on a small tangent about sorghum. It's a grain that isn't really edible for humans but is good for feeding livestock. He hung with a bunch of farmers on a bicycle trip.
  • Someone suggests naming the members streams "Tea Time with Vesper." Vesper likes the name, but thinks it might get confusing because he plans to do more tea review streams with a handcam in the future.
  • Vesper plans to buy a Zojirushi water boiler to keep his water at perfect tea-making temperature. (For an image of a Zojirushi water boiler, see my avatar).
  • Vesper feels like he strained his vocal cords a little with his schedule this week. He has that feeling of a slight sore throat, and he doesn't go out so he knows he's not getting sick.
  • Vesper is researching good Spore builds. Wants to turn "Altare" into the ultimate lifeform. Spore doesn't have pvp, but Vesper wants to know in his heart that "Altare" could 1v3 the other Tempus spores.
  • What's the high point so far in Vespers journey as a Holostar? the Left 4 Dead collab
  • Someone named Hatchetko sends a superchat. Vesper mentions that Hatchetko is the artist that made graphics for Vesper's debut and also his schedule.
  • superchat mentions Final Fantasy Tactics. Vesper wants to stream it but getting permissions is hard. Vesper is pretty sure if getting final fantasy perms were easier, that would be the only thing Axel would play.
  • Any old school games Vesper wants to try out with the vesties? Goldeneye
  • Someone suggests using a coin in a cup as the vesties mascot. (Context: In Vesper's tea review stream, he put a coin in a cup to show the clarity of the tea. Chat made fun of him for it.) Vesper has considered something with a cup motif. Maybe a bat in a cup. Vesper's issue with a coin mascot is he can't picture it as a good stuffed toy.
  • Vesper likes Apex but doesn't think it's a good game for a new vtuber because there are too many big names who are already known for playing apex.
  • Vesper wanted to play Bloodhunt but when they requested permissions they got back no response.
  • Vesper's favorite Elder Scrolls game is Oblivion. He doesn't think it's the best, but it's his favorite.
  • Vesper has been advised by management to stagger his orders from the "take control of my amazon account" stream, not ship directly to his home, and to wait until at least next month to start ordering things.
  • Vesper talks about how the management-related things they complain about like permissions and restrictions are because management is worried about their safety.
    • but on Tempus's end..."I don't think anybody in Tempus is worried for their safety. I feel like we could 1v1 most people."
  • Vesper talks briefly about chai. It's a mixture of tea and other spices.
  • Vesper kind of wants to get into Indian teas. There's a complicated grading system.
  • would Vesper ever consider doing a watchalong? Vesper talks about some things he'd like to watch. Cat from outer space, but that "belongs to the mouse" so it's not happening. Monty Python. Willow, a LOTR-like fantasy. Vesper's favorite character was madmartigan. Princess bride.
  • superchat asks if Vesper could play Death Road to Canada and Synthetik. Vesper likes Death road to canada.
  • superchat brings Vesper back to mascot talk. Vesper says he's "fixated" on the stuffed animal idea.
  • Apparently a lot of work goes into merch on the back end. Paperwork, pitching the idea, etc. Probably 100+ hours of work.
  • Vesper mostly stopped playing games and watching anime around 2014/15. He doubled down on his "library" work. Probably the longest Vesper went without upgrading his computer was during that time. He upgraded his computer in 2013/14 and just had that but never played games on it except FTL occasionally. He still owns that PC and might use it to make a home theater if he ever gets a TV.
  • Vesper liked the game Descent. A shooter game but you're a little spaceship. It made Vesper vomit twice but he liked the game so much he'd keep playing. The game tried to push the boundaries of artificial 3d environments, but the technology wasn't there yet.
  • a superchat mentions that they got a raise. Vesper asks if they just got the raise or if they had to request it. The he talks about how the only times he's ever gotten raises were by specifically requesting it and having to go through a very serious meeting where his bosses ask him why he deserves it.
  • Vesper plans to do a bike review stream this week. He wants people to take close ups of "cool stuff". E.g. drive train, any part that's interesting enough to mention. He's holding out hope that someone will have a Cambio Corsa.
  • Vesper talks about the Cambio Corsa.
    • probably ~$6-7k to buy one in working condition. You can find broken parts on ebay sometimes, but they're broken.
    • It's an old bike that had one of the early gear shifting designs. Apparently you have to reach back flip a lever that would disengage the wheel and switch the gears.
      • Very dangerous. 1) wheel is briefly disengaged from the bike when shifting gears. 2) It's possible to accidentally stick your finger into the spokes and cut it off while trying to change gears.
        • chat starts talking about yubis. "yubi yubi", "yubi perms lost", "korone bike"
  • What's Vesper's opinion on tubeless tires? - mountain bike, 100% worth it. cyclocross bike, 20% worth it. gravel bike, 50-60% worth it. road bike, not worth it.
  • Vesper talks about different gear shifters. His favorite is shimano. It has a very smooth, silent click to its operation. Below shimano are sram and Campagnolo tied for second. Vesper doesn't do mountain biking, but if he did, he'd probably use sram over shimano. He just wants Campagnolo because it's an important company to the history of bikes.
  • What do you do to store a bike for a long time?
    • Deflate the tires. Unless they're tubeless with sealant in the tires. Then just let them deflate on their own, but be aware they'll spew glue-like substance on your floor.
    • Storing a bike is more about what you need to check when you're going to use it again.
      • #1 is the brakes. If other parts of the bike are messed up, the worst that can happen is you damage the bike when you try to ride it. If the brakes are messed up, you significantly increase your chances of dying.
        • It's worth it to go to a shop to get the brakes checked out and fixed if you don't know how to do that on your own.
        • Vesper has a bleed kit for hydralic brakes and he has paranoia about bleeding his brakes if he has a bike he hasn't ridden in a while.
  • Vesper plans to do asmr in the future. A chat mentions not liking asmr. Vesper personally doesn't like most asmr. He doesn't like it when people are too close to him, and most asmr simulates that. E.g. hair cutting is a classic asmr noise, and Vesper hates getting haircuts. Vesper would do older-type asmr with sounds like hair cutting, water noises, scratching on various surfaces, keyboard typing. Probably never an eating asmr.
  • Vesper really likes cilantro.
    • He has a family member that has the cilantro-tastes-like-soap gene. That same family member once spent two years eating nothing but Mcdonalds french fries. Family tried to starve him into eating something else but he held out longer than them. After 4 days, the parents caved and went back to giving him french fries. Preferred warm fries, but would eat cold because when taking them to school for lunch they couldn't warm them up.
  • coke vs pepsi? - Vesper likes coke when drinking it straight out of the can. If pouring over ice, he prefers pepsi. Pepsi is too sweet by default, but when it has ice that dissolves, it reaches the perfect flavor. Mexican coke is the best.
    • vesper reminisces on getting rc cola from walmart vending machines for 25 cents. Other vending machines were almost always 95 cents, but walmart was 25.
  • back to spore: "Altare" will be so powerful that he wouldn't even (rape) eat the other three tempus spores after defeating them. "He'll just leave their lifeless corpses around his nest."
  • a superchat mentions only knowing rc cola from pikmin. Vesper talks about how Altare likes the pikmin games and has sold Vesper on trying it out the new pikmin game.
  • spore again: Spore is such an old game that it can't use game capture, so Vesper will need set up an hour early so he can make sure he's being safe with his usage of window capture. He's going to clear out his desktop so there'll be nothing there in case something goes wrong.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Double post because it can't fit under the character limit on the other one.

I find it amusing that the tempus guys' attitude towards gachikois is thinking they could take them in a fight.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
I’ve been feeling a little burned out of vtubers for about two weeks now. I really like reading here to stay up to date, though. My oshi is playing some stuff I really don’t like watching (NFS, HoloCure) and I find it hard to keep up with the two storylines of Minecraft and Rust at the same time.

Perhaps it’s just external stresses getting to me but I hope to become more engaged with stuff this upcoming week. It’s disappointing because I would normally be pretty excited for ID1’s 3D debut but I haven’t even watched the two that premiered because I just feel like I’m in a funk.

Anyone else ever feel like this before?

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Ayo.

New Hime cover dropped.

Furries talk between Astel and Axel from the RPR-Stars Apex stream a few days ago.

Last edited:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
I’ve been feeling a little burned out of vtubers for about two weeks now. I really like reading here to stay up to date, though. My oshi is playing some stuff I really don’t like watching (NFS, HoloCure) and I find it hard to keep up with the two storylines of Minecraft and Rust at the same time.

Perhaps it’s just external stresses getting to me but I hope to become more engaged with stuff this upcoming week. It’s disappointing because I would normally be pretty excited for ID1’s 3D debut but I haven’t even watched the two that premiered because I just feel like I’m in a funk.

I've been there, and it's normal. Things ebb and flow, and I think it's important to be able to take a break and explore other things at times, the archives will always be there when you want to view them.

It's also why I like having more stuff on the site, so that there are things to enjoy when streams aren't happening.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

I have never enjoyed streams and have never gotten that parasocial with any talent so i actually enjoy just keeping up on news and watching the occasional special stream or event than actually religiously supporting an "oshi". I would watch Nene if i could speak niponese but for the mean time i just catch up with clips.

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
wan wan.PNG

man up zeta.PNG

Grow some balls and just ask her to collab again, Zeta.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
  • Someone suggests naming the members streams "Tea Time with Vesper." Vesper likes the name, but thinks it might get confusing because he plans to do more tea review streams with a handcam in the future.
I want someone to pitch him the idea (after doing a few more fancy tea streams) to do a 'not really tea' or 'bad tea' stream but review them in a serious way. Like Monster Rehab peach tea, Lipton ice tea powder, the gallon jug of Arizona ice tea, etc.

I really really like the Monster peach tea and I don't drink tea.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Kirschey made them using Lisa's recipe and she says they're good, but Kirschey also put ketchup in her soup, so she might be a bad source for such information.

I have taken one for the team, and bring this footage scoured from the barrens of Susan's Jewishtube.

Lisa.. I'm disappointed.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

I have taken one for the team, and bring this footage scoured from the barrens of Susan's Jewishtube.

Lisa.. I'm disappointed.

Why do black pipol like da kool-aid so much? The stereotypes make themselves i swear to god.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER

Lisa.. I'm disappointed.

I'm going to make this. It looks awful, and I don't trust it, but I'm going to give it a shot for shits and giggles. I'll pick up the crap for it next week at some point when I go grocery shopping.

A Great Ape

Don't worry, I have a shovel.
I really really like the Monster peach tea and I don't drink tea.
I was about to rate this horrifying, but then i remembered I just defended Koolaid pickles. In my defense: I never tried them.

Why do black pipol like da kool-aid so much? The stereotypes make themselves i swear to god.
Aw sheet! I should get my melanin checked.

I'm going to make this. It looks awful, and I don't trust it, but I'm going to give it a shot for shits and giggles. I'll pick up the crap for it next week at some point when I go grocery shopping.
Same here. It costs practically nothing and looks like something fun to make with kids.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Same here. It costs practically nothing and looks like something fun to make with kids.
I really like pickled foods whether it's brine or vinegar, so I'm just curious as I know Kirschey and Lisa said it's good. Who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'll post pictures in the food thread once it's approved. Never mind, it got approved as I posted this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom