"Real honest here, I don't think I've fondled anyone, or been fondled by, until I met Iori and Airi; Really? You really thought Iori was going to be seiso?"Fujikura Uruka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Uhm yes? Get me the proctor on the line, we need some urgent psychiatric help in the dining hall, code red, spergout in table 12, i repeat spergout in table 12.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
I bring news from the Homeland.
1663490904105.png

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Reminder of the rules before The Proctor actually has to nuke people's posts and/or accounts:
All lolicon art is banned from this forum. Discussion of vtubers with childlike avatars is allowed, but any imagery that depicts their avatars in a sexual context is considered lolicon. I also have a zero-tolerance policy for discussing the 'merits' of lolicon art and what is or isn't a loli. I will not allow either puritanical crusaders or pathetic degenerates to tear this community apart over their own personal interpretations. If there is any ambiguity in a situation that may involve lolicon content, either err on the side of caution or report it to me and I'll make an executive decision.

Gura short animation had too much exposed imho. Make those 'light rays' significantly bigger, never been a fan of the ubiquitous amounts of fan service that seems increasingly pervasive in a lot of anime.

Is that why the site is down now? I just hopped on to catch up there after several days, and permissions to view and to react to content just stopped working. I assume full password resetting is in order?

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
A literal shark person raised in the sea not wearing clothes, with everything covered by hand placement and camera angles. yeah, cover is totally pandering to pedos. Not like rule 34 artists aren't satisfing that niche. Clearly 100s of thousands of dollars must be spent by cover to get those pedo dollars for a 2 minue anime.

Oh its played for a laugh? nope, its CP.

I swear you anti pedo motherfuckers are the creepiest people I've seen. If this gives you a boner thats on you. Don't project on me.

Strange thing to post on a site that exists because pedos are trying to take down our homeland for exposing them. Just because Cover's animators thought it was fine doesn't mean the pedos aren't gonna jerk each other off to it in places like that c-word enthusiast forum that tried to pitch itself to some of the prominent thread regulars.

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

AmpleChip

Everyone should have been using burner emails to begin with. Those that didn't can now wallow in their retardation.
It is unlikely that KF of all places was not encrypting user data, so I'll be very surprised if this causes any kind of privacy issues. Changing your passwords when the site comes back up is not a bad idea no matter the extent of the breach though.

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Everyone should have been using burner emails to begin with. Those that didn't can now wallow in their retardation.
It is unlikely that KF of all places was not encrypting user data, so I'll be very surprised if this causes any kind of privacy issues. Changing your passwords when the site comes back up is not a bad idea no matter the extent of the breach though.
It'll be really funny if emails used to sign up get leaked and that's how we find out all of the secret VTubers who've been lurking/posting in the thread.
:smugpipi:

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
There's an interesting distinction on the Telegram
1663492591789.png

I will note, not all pfp's were changed, only a handful, so the extent of the breach is unclear.

Edit: While I don't think Poast is the culprit do note Poast's lead mod Undu, left recently due to the controversy of the KF influx. So if you used the same credentials on Poast be especially sure to change your password once KF is up again.

At the end of the day, what can they really pin on you even if they know who you are? Is it any worse than using 4chan, a mainstream name?

Though this should be a reminder, use good opsec, unique passwords, VPNs, and so on.

Last edited:

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
For an actually on topic question, how many people here can actually sit through full streams? I've only ever watched a hand full of full streams and only ever because it was a great colab or a game I seriously enjoy
My system:
Karaoke VODs are for work.
Livestreams are in the background unless I'm super invested in the game or in what they're doing.
Game or other VODs are if I'm invested.
Everything else is clips.

Does anyone know what happened to Towa's cover of Hikaru Nara? It premiered earlier(?) but it looks like it got taken down
MTL of her tweet about it
“ "If you shine", which I had reserved to post today at 20:00, I've made it private for now~!
I will contact you as soon as the schedule is decided.”

Seems like it was a simple scheduling issue, and thats why it got privated.
Apparently Towa's Hikaru Nara cover got Sony'd.
1663492492336.png

Double post because it can't fit under the character limit on the other one.

I find it amusing that the tempus guys' attitude towards gachikois is thinking they could take them in a fight.
They are men. For a woman to say that without being delusional, she needs weapons and the will to use them.

Haven't caught up on Worms.

Iofi's 3D showcase was nice, not as stunning as Moona's but fun to watch. This is the first time I've heard of her having an interest in sign language, even if she just memorised it for the performance.

Excellent show from Gura. Mogu Mogu is a catchy song, appropriate for the concert, but I would like Gura to do karaoke covers of Okayu's new darker songs.

AmpleChip

It'll be really funny if emails used to sign up get leaked and that's how we find out all of the secret VTubers who've been lurking/posting in the thread.
:smugpipi:
I'm half expecting to see a calliope.mori@cover-corp.com somewhere in there, knowing her propensity to fuck up

Kalion

:)
I will note, not all pfp's were changed, only a handful, so the extent of the breach is unclear.
This makes sense with the brute forcing of accounts going on the past week or so. They probably cross-referenced passwords and usernames with data breaches, got into a handful of accounts using that, then changed the avatars.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Double post because it can't fit under the character limit on the other one.

I find it amusing that the tempus guys' attitude towards gachikois is thinking they could take them in a fight.
Not a terrible assumption, people who are willing to stalk you that hard are potentially violent or unhinged enough to try violence as a last resort even if they suck at fighting.

I think Vesper's assumption is reasonable, Altare did martial arts and can do some pretty fast push ups as was shown in one of his minecraft streams, Magni goes to the gym often, Axel used to be a really active guy in his youth and is probably still at least in decent shape, Vesper bikes actively as a hobby and rode for thousands of miles on his bike during his wandering hobo saga.

So they could probably handle some fat neet idiot, unless they brought a gun or something, as none of them seem to be the stereotypical 200+ pound Dorito finger weeb gamer neckbeard. These aren't horribly out of shape men from what they've said about their activity habits, relative to their audience they're probably very in shape.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I'm half expecting to see a calliope.mori@cover-corp.com somewhere in there, knowing her propensity to fuck up

Haha... ooooh maaaan, wouldn't that just be soooo wild, haha, could you imagine? What kind of an idiot would even do such a thing!? Certainly not me Calli, nuh uh!

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
This makes sense with the brute forcing of accounts going on the past week or so. They probably cross-referenced passwords and usernames with data breaches, got into a handful of accounts using that, then changed the avatars.
I don't think it was simple brute force as I thought it was a weird joke by the users discussing it as it seemed very random, and they were in turn talking about if it was a joke by Josh like prior changes as there was a feud between some Poast and KF people that at the time seemed to have been settled.

The users targeted from what I've seen were not specific, so I'm not sure what to make of it.

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Vesper 9/18/2022 member chat summary.
Interesting insight on the OBS part, I wonder if that sort of thing isn't the norm in niji then given how many yabs they generate from using window capture for some weird reason
A lot of these make it like cover is highly protective of their talents which is nice to see, I'd rather have them getting opsec-coach 101 to prevent less menhera episode than letting them go wild in the name of CREATIVE FREEDOM. Restriction sucks but it's also there so that you won't do stupid shit... At minimum

I’ve been feeling a little burned out of vtubers for about two weeks now. I really like reading here to stay up to date, though. My oshi is playing some stuff I really don’t like watching (NFS, HoloCure) and I find it hard to keep up with the two storylines of Minecraft and Rust at the same time.

Perhaps it’s just external stresses getting to me but I hope to become more engaged with stuff this upcoming week. It’s disappointing because I would normally be pretty excited for ID1’s 3D debut but I haven’t even watched the two that premiered because I just feel like I’m in a funk.

Anyone else ever feel like this before?
I've had this during like the prime VTuber boom year and felt pretty shitty for missing some of my oshi streams, but nowadays it's not something I'll get sad over. Just like your oshi we all have our own life to take care of eventually, if any I think it's much better if you could balance between both as obsession will makes you a retard if you got no brakes

paul

Early Adopter
Wtf, I was apparently just there during/after the hack and wondered why Takodachi changed his profile pic to the poast logo.

Something different: I checked out Odysee for video upload. I got 0.1 of their credits (when I signed up?) but when I tried to upload a test video they wanted to charge me per video. Is that normal or did I forgot to turn something off. If they charge you per video upload then this site is useless.
Streamja.com seems like a alternative to Streamable without the need of signing up. The upload limit seems to be 50 mb but I don't know if they delete clips after a certain time. Maybe a burner youtube account and unlisting clips is the best way to embed clips.

thhrang

Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Haha... ooooh maaaan, wouldn't that just be soooo wild, haha, could you imagine? What kind of an idiot would even do such a thing!? Certainly not me Calli, nuh uh!
Calli willingly outing herself on a forum like this is certainly something she would do, which makes this even more convincing... this is some 4d chess, my guy!

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Not a terrible assumption, people who are willing to stalk you that hard are potentially violent or unhinged enough to try violence as a last resort even if they suck at fighting.

I think Vesper's assumption is reasonable, Altare did martial arts and can do some pretty fast push ups as was shown in one of his minecraft streams, Magni goes to the gym often, Axel used to be a really active guy in his youth and is probably still at least in decent shape, Vesper bikes actively as a hobby and rode for thousands of miles on his bike during his wandering hobo saga.

So they could probably handle some fat neet idiot, unless they brought a gun or something, as none of them seem to be the stereotypical 200+ pound Dorito finger weeb gamer neckbeard. These aren't horribly out of shape men from what they've said about their activity habits, relative to their audience they're probably very in shape.
Going into any self defense situation unarmed has the potential to get you killed. Even a skinny weeb (less dangerous than the fat weeb) with a knife has the potential to mess you up/kill you, whether you're a black belt or not. (There's some saying about "The difference between the winner and loser in a knife fight is that the winner dies in the hospital while the loser dies on the street", because both people are extremely likely to get slashes/stabs in them)

That's why the first option is always to get away, but if you're ever unarmed and forced into a fight, you're at a disadvantage because you have no idea what the other person could be carrying.

I might just be making this up based on his prepper ways, but I feel like I've heard Vesper say that at the very least he carries pepper spray? And if he preps, he may have guns too.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
I might just be making this up based on his prepper ways, but I feel like I've heard Vesper say that at the very least he carries pepper spray? And if he preps, he may have guns too.
I vaguely recall Vesper implying something somewhere about having a gun or expressing knowing something about using a gun. I don't know he carries his hypothetical gun with him, but if he has one and with his hobo antics knowing full well the dangers of random people (like the weird gas station guy) I'd imagine he carries to the degree he is allowed to by the law wherever he lives if he has a gun. I doubt he'll ever say he has a gun on stream, but I get the feeling that he has a gun.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Today's Hologra

And fun video about Fubuki and Flare interaction in Rust.

upd. and one more fun video with Uncle Roger Auntie Ocean

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom