"POV: Catbert is removing your frontal lobe"Ceres Fauna

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Username Required

It's still real to me!
Early Adopter
inb4 a few hours later Cover tweets out one of the girls is also suspended or they never tweet anything, but one of the girls goes mia for weeks without warning.

On a serious note if their "manager" could come in ape-mode into their discord voice channel where is the line for misconduct? That is way too broad and is fertile breeding ground for fat juicy rrats with how vague it is.

and something tells me their is a decent chance that one of them will let something slip out of some emotional impulse which escalates the situation even more.
my bet is on Magni.

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
It's possible. The Japanese announcement uses the term 散見, which basically means 'seen in various places', and is directed at what they describe as improper/inappropriate communications and behaviour. So they're basically saying he's guilty of multiple counts of whatever he's been saying.

Still, most of the stuff he 'shouldn't say' end up being pretty milquetoast from what I read here and in the homeland. The English account using 'internal misconduct' is retarded because misconduct is misconduct, and the use of 'internal' suggests that his 'inappropriate communications and behaviour' wasn't actually public-facing (streaming) but instead private.
VT is speculating about him trying to make unwanted advances on one of the talents, and going by the way is worded if it breaches containment he may potentially get shit for something he didn't do, if they don't explain this properly that is.

kukkia

Early Adopter
VT is speculating about him trying to make unwanted advances on one of the talents, and going by the way is worded if it breaches containment he may potentially get shit for something he didn't do, if they don't explain this properly that is.
Joking aside I'd have to think that unwanted advances would be a termination, not a 2 week slap on the wrist.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20221119-042411-791.png
:cursedbae: Brian and Vesper got bonked for too many Nodoka/A-chan jokes but they made an example out of boomer bro

LastRide

My bet is on something to do with either game permissions or emulating Nintendo games, either would be very on-brand.

AyoTempus

DoctorGladiatorAssassinHeroLobsterTempuraEater
Early Adopter
Why is Cover vague posting again with this shit? Vesper has shown up to this point that while he'll be cheeky with management and say some questionable stuff, but he is effectively that kind of good boy employee who tries to keep his head down and not bother people. The twitter comments are going ape shit, and when this reaches more awake hours it is going to be even worse probably. It'll be even worse because the rest of Tempus will just not be allowed to talk about it obviously, and something tells me their is a decent chance that one of them will let something slip out of some emotional impulse which escalates the situation even more.

They made Tempus into a brotherhood by design and the boys themselves have kept that branding based on how they interact to each other, so when you remove one of the brothers and have some vague bullshit message then everyone is going to want to know what happened from all three of them. They should have made Vesper just quietly go out into the night on some vague vacation he himself said so people don't just panic. Say some bullshit like "my aunt is sick" or something, literally anything else. The public doesn't really need to know that Vesper did something unless he's getting outright canned for it.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
burn corps honestly. boomers cant catch a break, first shiina now vesp :(

TwoBit

Early Adopter
Free my nigga Vesper Noir! Grampire never did nothing to nobody! :urtearingmeapart:

paul

Early Adopter
The way it is worded hints towards something happened off stream. But I don't get why Cover has to vaguepost here. They could punish him internally (including warn the other talents) and let him post that he needs a break or something. But now Cover put themself in the spotlight and everyone shits on them. It's beyond stupid, this PR management is horrible.

kukkia

Early Adopter
Why is Cover vague posting again with this shit? Vesper has shown up to this point that while he'll be cheeky with management and say some questionable stuff, but he is effectively that kind of good boy employee who tries to keep his head down and not bother people. The twitter comments are going ape shit, and when this reaches more awake hours it is going to be even worse probably. It'll be even worse because the rest of Tempus will just not be allowed to talk about it obviously, and something tells me their is a decent chance that one of them will let something slip out of some emotional impulse which escalates the situation even more.

They made Tempus into a brotherhood by design and the boys themselves have kept that branding based on how they interact to each other, so when you remove one of the brothers and have some vague bullshit message then everyone is going to want to know what happened from all three of them. They should have made Vesper just quietly go out into the night on some vague vacation he himself said so people don't just panic. Say some bullshit like "my aunt is sick" or something, literally anything else. The public doesn't really need to know that Vesper did something unless he's getting outright canned for it.

My guess would be that whatever he did was enough that they wanted to actually punish him. A 2 week vague "I'm gonna be busy" or "gotta sort out some irl stuff" break is not a punishment. Vesper's not some fledgling small agency vtuber for which losing 2 weeks worth of streaming could have a significant impact on growth. He'd lose some income but people would shower him in SCs after the break anyways (granted, they'll probably still do that). Publicly stating that he is being given a suspension is an actual punishment. It's the kind of punishment that can potentially dissuade him or other members for doing whatever he did in the future. The risk is that it may cause fans to attack the company, but Cover has publicly suspended members before and probably (rightfully) believes themselves to be, well, bigger than any individual member.

(IiI_MmM_VvV_IiI_RrR_SsS)

'That is a small price for so great a treachery."
My guess would be that whatever he did was enough that they wanted to actually punish him. A 2 week vague "I'm gonna be busy" or "gotta sort out some irl stuff" break is not a punishment. Vesper's not some fledgling small agency vtuber for which losing 2 weeks worth of streaming could have a significant impact on growth. He'd lose some income but people would shower him in SCs after the break anyways (granted, they'll probably still do that). Publicly stating that he is being given a suspension is an actual punishment. It's the kind of punishment that can potentially dissuade him or other members for doing whatever he did in the future. The risk is that it may cause fans to attack the company, but Cover has publicly suspended members before and probably (rightfully) believes themselves to be, well, bigger than any individual member.
I’d note that the last few 2-week suspensions did not end well for Cover’s reputation; regardless of they felt justification. Towa’s growth was hampered, and its rebound was due to a large influx of EN fan base that essentially took on the ‘fuck that, Towa did nothing wrong.’ It is still talked about as a needlessly knee-jerk punishment (and stupid) by the company in order to save face. The other two that come to mind are Coco and Haachama. How did that work out for Cover credibility? I’m not saying that VES is an innocent lamb, he probably did fuck up. But Cover needs to seriously look at their PR department.

They did the right thing with Rushia. But honestly, anything short of her straight leaking info to drama tubers with the intention of creating a dead-man’s switch. . . I don’t think the narrative would have been in their favor. Hell, people still think it was handled poorly.

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
This is why I say this whole vaguepost is retarded. Their is no real punishment more then just a normal hiatus unless we know more about what happened and have a reason to think Vesper really did anything notably wrong that the public agrees with, especially as Vesper is kind of the most well liked member of Tempus as a whole given his superchat revenue is always the highest.

It just invites speculation from "Vesper just did a funny heehee haahaa bonkbonk" to "Vesper sexually harassed a holowoman, I can believe that because: 🦄." type of shit. It just doesn't look like a good look for anyone, and it feels like their is a better way to handle this if your goal is to avoid stuff like that.

:cursedbae:I did find this rrat on reddit and this might actually have some chance of being true depending on how the Zomboid server is set up.:cursedbae:

"The suspension is due to the Zomboid server he's hosting. When it was first introduced, he talked about how he paid for it himself to set a server up. "Season 3" of Zomboid was to include a bunch of people, from his genmates to the HomoJPs to even the EN girls, but also non-Hololive talents like rpr and "a few others". He's not doing anything inappropriate with the boys or girls; he shits on management a lot but he genuinely loves his job, and he CONSTANTLY thinks up and writes down new jokes and bits he could do to make his fans laugh. Most likely what happened is he invited new non-Holo streamers to his server and gave them the IP without clearing it with management first which lead to this, as he talked about resetting everything and preparing the server "tonight"."

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
You already know a tactical Wave 7 followed by a counteroffensive Gen 3 in the next 2 weeks is the direct symptom of this.

If I was in charge, I'd wait for the speculation to inevitably become super retarded and then launch Wave 7 to juxtapose the mood. It sounds autistic but this is actually just marketing psychology.

(IiI_MmM_VvV_IiI_RrR_SsS)

'That is a small price for so great a treachery."
This is why I say this whole vaguepost is retarded. Their is no real punishment more then just a normal hiatus unless we know more about what happened and have a reason to think Vesper really did anything notably wrong that the public agrees with, especially as Vesper is kind of the most well liked member of Tempus as a whole given his superchat revenue is always the highest.

It just invites speculation from "Vesper just did a funny heehee haahaa bonkbonk" to "Vesper sexually harassed a holowoman, I can believe that because: 🦄." type of shit. It just doesn't look like a good look for anyone, and it feels like their is a better way to handle this if your goal is to avoid stuff like that.

:cursedbae:I did find this rrat on reddit and this might actually have some chance of being true depending on how the Zomboid server is set up.:cursedbae:

"The suspension is due to the Zomboid server he's hosting. When it was first introduced, he talked about how he paid for it himself to set a server up. "Season 3" of Zomboid was to include a bunch of people, from his genmates to the HomoJPs to even the EN girls, but also non-Hololive talents like rpr and "a few others". He's not doing anything inappropriate with the boys or girls; he shits on management a lot but he genuinely loves his job, and he CONSTANTLY thinks up and writes down new jokes and bits he could do to make his fans laugh. Most likely what happened is he invited new non-Holo streamers to his server and gave them the IP without clearing it with management first which lead to this, as he talked about resetting everything and preparing the server "tonight"."
I personally think this was something along these lines; that he over stepped in personally acting as his own manager. It’s deserving of a bonk, sure, but definitely a behind the scenes one.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
so basically doxing himself by providing ip that points to where he could potentially be? Or i dont get it why would cover even do that honestly if this is the reason

I personally think this was something along these lines; that he over stepped in personally acting as his own manager. It’s deserving of a bonk, sure, but definitely a behind the scenes one.
reminder: his REAL manager is mouthbreathing retard that doesnt know when MEN stream

AyoTempus

Early Adopter
so basically doxing himself by providing ip that points to where he could potentially be? Or i dont get it why would cover even do that honestly if this is the reason
I'd imagine, presuming this is the true cause or close to that, that Cover has some level of control over the Zomboid server for whatever internal reason they believe they should despite Vesper paying for it out of pocket. Vesper oversteps his boundaries and intends to invite people not authorized into the server (like RPR), and gets bonked for it because corpo autism believes he breached internal security or some shit like that.

I don't know exactly what the server does or what it has, as I don't play the game, but I imagine it is some 3rd party hosting service so the IP is irrelevant to doxxing Vesper. Vesper I recall was trying to deal with the server provider in the very first Zomboid stream when he died and tried to access admin perms to fuck with the boys but he streamed a black screen for 20 minutes. This incident tells me he doesn't just have some server he set up in his closet or something that ties the IP address directly to him.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I’d note that the last few 2-week suspensions did not end well for Cover’s reputation; regardless of they felt justification. Towa’s growth was hampered, and its rebound was due to a large influx of EN fan base that essentially took on the ‘fuck that, Towa did nothing wrong.’ It is still talked about as a needlessly knee-jerk punishment (and stupid) by the company in order to save face.
About Towa, I have actually heard that Towa herself revealed in a member stream much later that she asked to be suspended.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
As an aside from the Vesper news, found this
Screenshot_20221119_042631_Brave.jpg

Username Required

It's still real to me!
Early Adopter
About Towa, I have actually heard that Towa herself revealed in a member stream much later that she asked to be suspended.
as long as there is no direct evidence, that's pretty much a rrat

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

For all that he is a polite old man on stream, he's clearly been a part of chan culture for a very long time.

Chances are, he snapped and called his manager a femboy who should kys.
My bet is on something to do with either game permissions or emulating Nintendo games, either would be very on-brand.
Seen that in the /vt/ thread, and it actually sounds reasonably believable, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom