"I think a lot of boys do this you know, you get very limited videogaming time, your parents don't let you play after a certain time, so you end up going out with... your boyfriends, like little boyfriends"Kevin 'Sakana' Li

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
I sometimes feel like it's more them trying to keep their sekrit klub safe instead of actually caring for the talents privacy or choices.
Either way they are losers that make me embarrassed to even watch hololive.

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
also its page 666, hope your satan/devil themed oshii have good fortune

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
For page 666
1667256093826331.png

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
The kayfabe in general is a useful tool for corpos, a restriction for talents, and something viewers should reasonably be able to take or leave. VTubers who have known roommate accounts as an open secret absolutely benefit from that because it gives them career options long-term (which is the same reason corpos restrict explicitly drawing the connection because they want to keep their talents on board for as long as possible).

Obviously kayfabe is part of the show and posting about outside info in stream chat is like being that one guy who thinks he's smart for pointing out wrestling is fake, but needing to shut it down on unofficial boards and Discord servers is counterproductive. If your oshi's in a corpo, know where else you can find them in case anything happens.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
Happy Satan Sunday Monday, welcome to page 666.

The more religious aversion to Past Lives feels more like deluded NEETs trying to meme these girls into being actual anime characters to be projected upon like any fictional character. I get wanting to keep their privacy intact and respect their desire to stream as a separate identity, I even get keeping that type of discussion out of certain circles (like their chat, or the hololive subreddit), but the ones that make it some kind of weirdo weeb jihad across the entire internet to make sure no one can ever even speak the words "Gura used to be Senzawa" are clearly doing it for themselves, not the talents.
I'm with you on that. I don't mind if they restrict people from talking about it in the vtubers chat or on their own platforms, but when they demand it's not talked about anywhere at all it's just retarded. Like always, if you don't like what people are saying somewhere on the Internet, just don't visit those places.

Or he is going to do the smart thing and not say a thing so that in a week everyone forgets about it except 1 or 2 autists that can't let things go which will then reply to every video he makes.
The weird part is he nuked his Patreon. No idea why he'd go that far instead of just removing the videos or something if he thinks they're too controversial.

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Honestly I'm on the side of keeping roommate info like that out of the public's eye, even if it's not the popular opinion here.

The reason this kinda stuff was on KF and in places like here is exactly because it isn't easily accessible, and only the most dedicated (read: people bothering to google it) need to go out of their way to find it. In public on places like /vt/, twitter, the fan discords, or reddit, these rules exist to keep the illusion up, especially since the rules of the streams/talents themselves are to not bring up their roommate info/previous identities. It's keyfabe. When you go to a wrestling show, you don't yell about how wrestling is fake and the wrestlers are actually all nice to each other in real life, you enjoy the show and chant along with the crowd, then talk about what happened in it after it ends. What Depressed Nousagi is doing is like going to the parking lot outside of the venue and having a pamplet of information you could easily look up online about the "secrets of the wrestling industry" on it, and selling it. Sure, it isn't necessarily wrong, but it only encourages idiots who haven't done their own research to share it in the venue itself, making the experience for everybody worse and probably leading to them being kicked out.

It's a matter of tact, at the end of the day. I think people discussing this kind of thing behind closed doors or outside of the talents' eye, like in here, smaller discord servers, or the farms, is okay, since people need to lurk in order to learn about it, and in doing so keep quiet about it or keep it in DMs with friends who you wanna talk about it with. But spreading it around aimlessly encourages retards like the people constantly yelling GURA IS SENZAWA in Gura's chat - it's irrelevant to their current identity and nobody really cares about it since it isn't part of the content at hand. It's just putting information that isn't necessary out in the open for dumb children to flagrantly wave around. And selling it for money makes it even worse.

Basically, this is Poka-tier stupidity. I have no idea how after all the discussion on the farms about him you guys are supporting the idea of that kind of thing.

Last edited:

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
People are going full retard on Depressed Nousagi right now due to this tweet.

Which isn't even accurate but because it was behind a paywall and because the dumbass deleted all the evidence that could exonerate him everyone thinks he had full Lester Jones-tier dox on that Patreon.

Early Adopter
Or he is going to do the smart thing and not say a thing so that in a week everyone forgets about it except 1 or 2 autists that can't let things go which will then reply to every video he makes.
Mans bitchmade now. Its not accidentally saying nword on stream, and waiting out the whole twitter bullshit. its milking money info from open info, and then DFEing because no life losers started sperging about "doxing". Theres no silently sitting out that. Losers over there will manipulate him if he ever steps out of line again. Losers over here will bully him for being a pussy

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
People are going full retard on Depressed Nousagi right now due to this tweet.

Which isn't even accurate but because it was behind a paywall and because the dumbass deleted all the evidence that could exonerate him everyone thinks he had full Lester Jones-tier dox on that Patreon.

The Streisand effect strikes once again! When inaction is somehow better than anything else!
Honestly i think the pinoy rabbit will be fine, some people may take jabs at him and most holounicorns will probably dislike him on principle, but they already did with his unityfag/risque topics so he's not really loosing out on any massive audience boosts, it would only be really bad if someone called him out on twitter on some shit and it attracted the attention of the horde but luckily for him twatter is also not at its greatest moment rn so i doubt he will loose out on anything.
The most retarded thing to do right now would be addressing the issue publicly like our dear nolan suggested, which would not calm down the people already mad at him and would only handily inform all of his audience of what he did from the donkey's own mouth! But who knows, people online tend to take the worst decisions possible...

Last edited:

Netscaper

Early Adopter
I go out to watch a movie and return to THIS. WTF is going on and why do I smell roasted bunny?

You know what? Nevermind, going to watch a full team collab in Overwatch 1.1

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
What's better is that the Ame video begins with Nousagi clarifying he isn't going to provide actual roommate names or private information. What's shown are oldass sachiowo clips from her rinsed youtube with a commentary. Let's see how long it takes the discord Exceptionals to ban all mention of Gawr Gura for explicitly mentioning Ame's real life name Rebecca over an official live stream.

Have some music

Last edited:

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Stupid by Nousagi to DFE. Should've doubled down, shill his patreon, and challenge the accusers to confirm the dox themselves (and break containment) or release a troll dox (like Sasaki Saku the sumo wrestler) and not be a bitch.
also its page 666, hope your satan/devil themed oshii have good fortune
Not my oshi but check out Sata Nakia if you are interested in singing/ASMR streams. Here's her trying to impersonate anime characters and Vtubers. You can also help her reach 66666 subscribers.

kukkia

Early Adopter
Honestly, this whole thing even more retarded than at first glance, because that subreddit, /r/virtualyoutubers, actively allows people to post PL shit and link PLs to VTubers, it just have to be in their blacked out spoiler text.
View attachment 5149

This is just an instance of the pot calling the kettle black.
That subreddit is funny because they bitch constantly about dramatubers "doxxing" vtubers but whenever a new Holo or Niji wave drops they're always asking for info on the PLs.

I know there are some content creators that have god complexes and like to be treated like gods but I would assume that a majority of them have some sort of impostor syndrome and having others drooling over any sort of interaction they had with them is awkward and cringe.
Oh, it's definitely kinda cringe. Scarle is very socially awkward though - she's nervous around most other members of Nijisanji, let alone people outside of Niji - so it's not too surprising.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I wonder if Fishman had a similiar thought process deciding if Lia or Pippa should be the flagship chuuba in the beginning?
Probably. Based on the design, I feel like Lia was supposed to be the face of the company and the mascot.

Either way they are losers that make me embarrassed to even watch hololive.
Yeah. Sometimes I look at how autistic some of these people act and I wonder if this is what outsiders think I do when I say that I like Vtubers.

I'm with you on that. I don't mind if they restrict people from talking about it in the vtubers chat or on their own platforms, but when they demand it's not talked about anywhere at all it's just retarded. Like always, if you don't like what people are saying somewhere on the Internet, just don't visit those places.

The weird part is he nuked his Patreon. No idea why he'd go that far instead of just removing the videos or something if he thinks they're too controversial.
Something I have noticed about Nousagi is that he seems to be extremely paranoid of the whole "what will they think of me" and wants to avoid saying controversial things. He often stops mid-sentence and censors himself because he feels that what he is about to say can have a negative effect on how others view him as a content creator. In a way he reminds me of Tweek. Honestly, I think its because he is fairly young and any sort of confrontation (or the thought of having to deal with a twitter hate mob) scares him. Watch him post some retarded apology which will only cause him to get dunked on harder.
1668409638833.png

The Streisand effect strikes once again! When inaction is somehow better than anything else!
It seems to be the go-to reaction for most. Guessing he was panicking. Maybe he took the video off to edit it and blur her face? While I dont really think face doxes are a massive problem, I feel like the general public would feel better if her face wasnt posted. Or maybe he feared Cover would go after his ass (like they seem to have gone after the Vtuber Historian guy that was making a shit-ton of channels facedoxing the talents)

Been playing around with the AI and the Freshly Baked girl and the Paprika. This AI thing is so fucking addictive.
1girl, white background, upper body, cinematic lighting, red hair, tomboy, short s-3289290137.png
white background, 1girl, facing front, front view, long twintails, yellow eyes,  s-81123768.png
Baked Fresh Exposed 3.png

I know it was posted before it happened but I dont think anyone has watched it. Its basically a shitpost of Mika imitating Vox. Currently at the 25min mark and its really good but at the same time it does show how Vox is really good at making this shit that he just doesnt cringe halfway through them.

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I don't care that much but I think it's lame when people try to switch from "making content I care about " to "5$ to take a peek...". But it happens constantly with much stupider topics and much worse content. Some guy makes content that anyone could have made, but they DO IT, it gets a audience: Cool that's how it should work. Then they want to do the paywall and it just undermines the whole thing. Lame.

But I'm 100X more interested in Shiina feeling better after some rest!
shiinasletter.jpg
I love Shiina

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I would have liked to see some original research. Surely it's not that hard if you're motivated to make money from it. I've found a few minor things that I've never seen on the homeland or nyfco, and that's just from casual digging. Paywalled dox makes a lot of sense to me if there are nuggets of original information.

More disappointed in the letdown of it than in him ducking out the moment the heat got turned on.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
20 new pages, so which vtuber is graduating no- ohh. Ehh just censor out the faces and names and put the patreon stuff back idgaf

Early Adopter
20 new pages, so which vtuber is graduating no- ohh. Ehh just censor out the faces and names and put the patreon stuff back idgaf
Beatani graduated tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom