Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Absolute insanity, honestly. How about invest in existing talents? Is that not a thing that ever occurred to them? PRISM especially is more than capable of growth if they actually put some money where their mouth is. Sony could acquire ANYCOLOR and Cover right now if they really wanted so their lack of effort (especially since they might as well have infinite resources compared to the aforementioned two companies) for the projects they do own/work with is just perplexing.

PRISM chuuba tax:

Unless I'm reading this wrong, sony's "strategy" isn't to copy Anycolor, but rather to force push as many new talents in the hopes that one or two will gain traction ala Salome or gura. They can do this for a nickel's worth and in any instance has much more financial sense than hiring real agents and managers to put together a serious competition project to nijisanji or cover.

To contrast that with nijisanji, since I know this thread is officially sponsored by hololive, their approach from start was "livers on the internet", thus not just any rando but a streamer with a specific quirk or talent (or lack thereof), which they pushed forwards and later expanded, before contracting back again some 8 or so months ago. This changed somewhat when EN officially debuted, but the core JP model hasn't strayed off far.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

:sakanapleasepippa:

Wasn't Rogue the Bat's special gimmick that she gave people AIDs or something? Am I just hallucinating that?

Oh and if you can't get onto the Homeland set your vpn to France or the UK as that seems to work for the clearnet, it wasn't working from smaller EU countries though so it's hit or miss.

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Screenshot_14.png

E5a8jERVIAIbIpw.jpg

angry sushi

Early Adopter
Selen is going to yoink apex perms from holo by the end of the night if she pulls out the toxic demon dez

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Huh, i wonder if her 2.0 will debut after her break

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

It is supposed to be shortly after her break, yeah. Also, this is her current PFP:

nvKLw6ha_400x400.jpg

Still seems the same to me:
IRyS_Portrait.png

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Selen is going to yoink apex perms from holo by the end of the night if she pulls out the toxic demon dez
If he didn't lose Blizzard perms after that Overwatch stream, I think he's good on everything.

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter

It is supposed to be shortly after her break, yeah. Also, this is her current PFP:

View attachment 4283

Most likely, that art is the art redjuice did for her birthday, most Holo like to use they parents art as pfp when possible (Ina basically has an unspoken rule to only use her papa art as pfp) she never did use that one because she was always changing it to promote whatever was her most recent release, prolly using once before it becomes obsolete once 2.0 comes out, when exactly? who knows she is probably coming back early December and wherever she decides to make her comeback stream her redebut or decided to come back and announce the redebut date on her comeback stream we prolly are going to have a new Irys before mid December.

Edit:
Honestly Irys 2.0 is the think I'm looking the most of anything else Holo/Vtuber related, even more than a new gen, I like Irys alot and feel like we have been hearing about this thing since forever, I just wanna know what she will look like since prolly is going to be what she will look like till graduation, and we can finally move forward, it feels like Irys whole career has been in a sorta pause since we knew about the 2.0, like when you are using a spare part while wanting for the new one to come from Amazon, like everything you are doing just feels not worth it because is handicaped, don't get me wrong I have loved almost everything Irys has done since debut, but I cannot wait for her to not just be "the one who is getting re-design" and can make a new chapter in her career.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Most likely that art is the art redjuice did for her birthday, most Holo like to use they parents art as pfp when possible (Ina basically has an unspoken rule to only use her papa art as pfp) she never did use that one because she was always changing it to promote whatever was her most recent release, prolly using once before it becomes obsolete once 2.0 comes out, when exactly? who knows she is probably coming back early December and wherever she decides to make her comeback stream her redebut or decided to come back and announce the redebut date on her comeback stream we prolly are going to have a new Irys before mid December.
You're right, it is.

Not sure what she meant by this post tbh lol

kestraline

Early Adopter
Nyaru playing Escape from Tarkov....that Russian FPS that Sleepy plays a lot.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
So that's what Pippas doing tonight

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Not sure what she meant by this post tbh lol
prolly using once before it becomes obsolete once 2.0 comes out
^That is my bet too, “get your last looks at official 1.0 art”.

The cryptic-ness of the tweet does make me wonder if she might get some teaser in advance, maybe even during break, and change her pfp to that earlier. Like the aforementioned silhouette.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
^That is my bet too, “get your last looks at official 1.0 art”.

The cryptic-ness of the tweet does make me wonder if she might get some teaser in advance, maybe even during break, and change her pfp to that earlier. Like the aforementioned silhouette.
Yeah I think it was just reading comprehension failure of her tweet on my part.

I wonder if she will do a new silhouette tease or just drop it. I think I would just prefer a redebut with the new model rather than have people do guesses like with an outfit.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
I guess Pippa agrees that Overwatch 2 is a horror game.
Good to see Blizzard does the break points just right so each bundle of fun bucks can't add up to the right amount. Even if she gets the smallest 500 and 2,200 on, she ends up with 100 left over. It's a known scummy thing they do to encourage higher spending.

People say Raid Shadow Legends was scummy, but they just sold their packs for cash, so whatever you spent was what you spent.

Pippa is right, never trust public companies, they all bow to ESG.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
We're blessed with another good-model Pikamee stream:

She is currently talking about Tenma and Phase Connect.

kukkia

Early Adopter
To contrast that with nijisanji, since I know this thread is officially sponsored by hololive, their approach from start was "livers on the internet", thus not just any rando but a streamer with a specific quirk or talent (or lack thereof), which they pushed forwards and later expanded, before contracting back again some 8 or so months ago. This changed somewhat when EN officially debuted, but the core JP model hasn't strayed off far.

Also worth noting that early on Niji was trying to advertise their vtuber tech to other companies/individuals. So it made sense for them to start with a bunch of members from the start - basically just as a way to get their name out there and show off what is possible with a kind of vtubing that was at the time very much not the norm. They quickly moved on from that after realizing that just being in the entertainment business itself was a better business model, but there were some non-Nijisanji groups that used Niji's app.

Realticule

Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
Less than an hour in and we already have some quality Ragekin. :pippaseethe;

Last edited:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
We're blessed with another good-model Pikamee stream:

She is currently talking about Tenma and Phase Connect.

Pikamee is googling Sonichu. Uh oh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom