Status
Not open for further replies.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
unless im fucked is that not way too many talents to be vsho?

Nolan lives in Ohio that's all you need to know missing Nolan that much already? (yes i know you were a june fan way before shut up)
Bollocks. Nolan will be Nolan regardless of what state he is in. Don't blame Ohio for Nolan, blame his parents.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Tidbit from Kiara's members stream that I hadn't heard before: Realistic Kemonomimi for non-kemono characters are banned going forwards in Holo - Kiara wasn't even allowed to add her existing ears to other outfits unless they were made into an accessory rather than live ears. Apparently it was diluting the impact of having actual animal characters or something....
"Chairman Yagoo, it is said that the furry fandom is like a tree. Its roots lie in darkness, while its leaves wave in the sun. You can prune away its branches, even cut the tree to the ground, but it will grow again, ever stronger. Such is the nature of the furry fandom and why it is so difficult to destroy. Some may question my right to take the catears of dozens of talents, but those who understand realize that I have no right to let the talents keep them. No sacrifice is too great, no hair too small."

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Since some people asked for Advent recaps and it's been a week, my thoughts below.

For those wondering about their PLs, the PLs, other candidates, and hints prior to their debuts were summarised in the second post of the Advent thread, and in our new Lazarus Pit thread for tracking graduations of people who might reincarnate.

All the Advent members also had interviews with Crunchyroll: Shiori, Bijou, Nerissa, FuwaMoco

Shiori Novella
  • Her debut was much more stiff compared to her genmates even though she has been a Vtuber for longer. Makes me believe someone's theory that she was done as Natsumi Moe, but when she thought she was out, they pulled her back in by calling her back for an audition she sent for shiggles.
  • Her debut did show a better command of OBS than many. She set up scenes for showing off her model when most Holos just drag and resize their models on the spot. Her genmates regard her as an OBS god.
  • Interesting interests and skills:
    • Piano, but piano streams are not on her list of plans, which makes me sad. She did post a clip of her playing Fur Elise on Twitter.
    • Dabbled in Unity, Ren'Py, Twine, which led Oga to comment that she has definitely written doujins before
    • Video editing, wants to produce pre-recorded content as well to use this
    • Said in her debut that she has no vocal stamina. You can hear this for yourself in her first SOVL karaoke.
  • Talks about husbandos, LGBTBBQ Twittards seethe, says she will collab with people she considers friends, /vt/ seethes, water is wet
  • Did not reveal which languages she speaks
  • Radiates "fixable goth GF" energy. Her standout strength is when she shares her interests (e.g. Vtuber history, fanfics and low tolerance for OOC), or goes on unhinged tangents about her childhood and life.
  • Unfixable/10

Koseki Bijou
  • EN Kobo
  • In her debut she even had Kobo's "ehe-" verbal tic, and they share a rigger (Otsukue), which becomes very apparent if you see them in motion side by side.
  • Kusogaki debut with high-budget magical girl transformation sequence and cover (Kyoumen no Nami), mixed with WordArt Powerpoint.
  • Speaks some Thai, implied that her mom is Thai
    • Some Twittards gave her shit. While she handled it reasonably, management told her to learn a bit more before engaging with Thai fans.
    • Lui has done Thai shorts, and still occasionally talks about her life in Thailand and gets romanised Thai superchats (she can't read Thai script, while Bijou apparently can). If management said anything to her about that, I haven't heard.
  • Asked viewers to "bring" a flattened ellipse shape to her debut. This was for viewers to draw their pebblesonas, which she uses in viewer participation streams.
  • Soulsfag, FFXIV raids with viewers, hard carried her gen in their first L4D2 collab when she was not killing them herself
  • Will probably do endurance streams once Advent's schedule opens up
  • vine_boom.wav/10

Nerissa Ravencroft
  • In her debut and a few streams afterwards, her model was angled to face the viewer's left in a bizarrely irritating fashion. She has since fixed this.
  • Claimed to not know what the treble clef in her hairpin was
  • Between her no-pan stance and her dislike of polyester and driving, may have legit sensory issues
  • Excellent singer. Her voice gives me chills. Her debut cover (Aishite Aishite Aishite, in English) started a discussion in the Advent thread about who had the best cover lol.
    • She didn't translate the lyrics, but she did the adaptation herself, and she talked about the process in her Unpacking stream.
    • I wonder if she'd do English covers of Holo songs. I know Calli mentioned having English lyrics for Stellar Stellar but not having permission to use them yet.
  • Has agreed to not be part of the official Holotori unit because you can't just keep adding birds (sad)
  • Is a Hololive fan, Ichimi, KFP, Sapling, etc., flirts with senpais all day on Twitter
  • Midwestern singer living the dream/10

Fuwawa and Mococo (FuwaMoco) Abyssgard
  • I didn't watch them before, but I'm very interested in their story now. Vtubing is full of stories you start in the middle.
  • Shared channels are not new - HimeHina and others have been around even before EN Vtweeters - but a shared channel is a break in tradition for Hololive.
  • As posted earlier, they auditioned multiple times (so they were not scouted) and "sometimes separately, sometimes together", so I'm curious how they and Cover agreed to a shared channel. Their preference is clearly for a shared channel, as all of their previous content creation was done as a unit.
  • Hilariously unfitting surname, which normally wouldn't matter except that they are twins and you'd expect slightly more thought in that case.
  • Their speaking voices and enunciation may be a filter. They may lower over time, but not by much. Enunciation may be affected by their mic setup.
  • Debut cover (Kaibutsu) and original song (Lifetime Showtime, no release yet)
    • Kaibutsu fits their lore, but I would have preferred harsher vocals
    • Suou Patra (formerly of 774/Honeystrap) wrote and composed Lifetime Showtime
  • For their goals section they put up an entire wordcloud wall, and they closed with a pledge of loyalty to Ruffians (their fanname)
  • Very strong idol kayfabe, as in, very strong dedication to the idea that you watch them to watch genki doggos and be happy. Not many ENs do this.
  • Because of the above, and because they have morning streams which are midnight JST and they can speak Japanese, they have a lot of JP chatters.
  • FUWA MOCO FUWA MOCO/10

I like their debut song (Rebellion) more the more I listen to it. IIRC only Tempus HQ and Vanguard have had debut songs in Holopro; HoloX's gen song was for their first anniversary. I have mixed opinions about debut gen songs. They're a good way to keep up hype, but making the gen song later gives everyone a chance to get singing lessons and direction lol. What I like about Rebellion is that it doesn't pretend all the Advent members sing at the same level; using both Shiori and Nerissa effectively in the same song is a feat.

Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Stinky bear streaming so hop in if you have the time

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Since some people asked for Advent recaps and it's been a week, my thoughts below.

For those wondering about their PLs, the PLs, other candidates, and hints prior to their debuts were summarised in the second post of the Advent thread, and in our new Lazarus Pit thread for tracking graduations of people who might reincarnate.

All the Advent members also had interviews with Crunchyroll: Shiori, Bijou, Nerissa, FuwaMoco

Shiori Novella
  • Her debut was much more stiff compared to her genmates even though she has been a Vtuber for longer. Makes me believe someone's theory that she was done as Natsumi Moe, but when she thought she was out, they pulled her back in by calling her back for an audition she sent for shiggles.
  • Her debut did show a better command of OBS than many. She set up scenes for showing off her model when most Holos just drag and resize their models on the spot. Her genmates regard her as an OBS god.
  • Interesting interests and skills:
    • Piano, but piano streams are not on her list of plans, which makes me sad. She did post a clip of her playing Fur Elise on Twitter.
    • Dabbled in Unity, Ren'Py, Twine, which led Oga to comment that she has definitely written doujins before
    • Video editing, wants to produce pre-recorded content as well to use this
    • Said in her debut that she has no vocal stamina. You can hear this for yourself in her first SOVL karaoke.
  • Talks about husbandos, LGBTBBQ Twittards seethe, says she will collab with people she considers friends, /vt/ seethes, water is wet
  • Did not reveal which languages she speaks
  • Radiates "fixable goth GF" energy. Her standout strength is when she shares her interests (e.g. Vtuber history, fanfics and low tolerance for OOC), or goes on unhinged tangents about her childhood and life.
  • Unfixable/10

Koseki Bijou
  • EN Kobo
  • In her debut she even had Kobo's "ehe~" verbal tic, and they share a rigger (Otsukue), which becomes very apparent if you see them in motion side by side.
  • Kusogaki debut with high-budget magical girl transformation sequence and cover (Kyoumen no Nami), mixed with WordArt Powerpoint.
  • Speaks some Thai, implied that her mom is Thai
    • Some Twittards gave her shit. While she handled it reasonably, management told her to learn a bit more before engaging with Thai fans.
    • Lui has done Thai shorts, and still occasionally talks about her life in Thailand and gets romanised Thai superchats (she can't read Thai script, while Bijou apparently can). If management said anything to her about that, I haven't heard.
  • Soulsfag, FFXIV raids with viewers, hard carried her gen in their first L4D2 collab when she was not killing them herself
  • Will probably do endurance streams once Advent's schedule opens up
  • vine_boom.wav/10

Nerissa Ravencroft
  • In her debut and a few streams afterwards, her model was angled to face the viewer's left in a bizarrely irritating fashion. She has since fixed this.
  • Claimed to not know what the treble clef in her hairpin was
  • Between her no-pan stance and her dislike of polyester and driving, may have legit sensory issues
  • Excellent singer. Her voice gives me chills. Her debut cover (Aishite Aishite Aishite, in English) started a discussion in the Advent thread about who had the best cover lol.
    • She didn't translate the lyrics, but she did the adaptation herself, and she talked about the process in her Unpacking stream.
    • I wonder if she'd do English covers of Holo songs. I know Calli mentioned having English lyrics for Stellar Stellar but not having permission to use them yet.
  • Has agreed to not be part of the official Holotori unit because you can't just keep adding birds (sad)
  • Is a Hololive fan, Ichimi, KFP, Sapling, etc., flirts with senpais all day on Twitter
  • Midwestern singer living the dream/10

Fuwawa and Mococo (FuwaMoco) Abyssgard
  • I didn't watch them before, but I'm very interested in their story now. Vtubing is full of stories you start in the middle.
  • Shared channels are not new - HimeHina and others have been around even before EN Vtweeters - but a shared channel is a break in tradition for Hololive.
  • As posted earlier, they auditioned multiple times (so they were not scouted) and "sometimes separately, sometimes together", so I'm curious how they and Cover agreed to a shared channel. Their preference is clearly for a shared channel, as all of their previous content creation was done as a unit.
  • Hilariously unfitting surname, which normally wouldn't matter except that they are twins and you'd expect slightly more thought in that case.
  • Their speaking voices and enunciation may be a filter. They may lower over time, but not by much. Enunciation may be affected by their mic setup.
  • Debut cover (Kaibutsu) and original song (Lifetime Showtime, no release yet)
    • Kaibutsu fits their lore, but I would have preferred harsher vocals
    • Suou Patra (formerly of 774/Honeystrap) wrote and composed Lifetime Showtime
  • For their goals section they put up an entire wordcloud wall, and they closed with a pledge of loyalty to Ruffians (their fanname)
  • Very strong idol kayfabe, as in, very strong dedication to the idea that you watch them to watch genki doggos and be happy. Not many ENs do this.
  • Because of the above, and because they have morning streams which are midnight JST and they can speak Japanese, they have a lot of JP chatters.
  • FUWA MOCO FUWA MOCO/10

I like their debut song (Rebellion) more the more I listen to it. IIRC only Tempus HQ and Vanguard have had debut songs in Holopro; HoloX's gen song was for their first anniversary. I have mixed opinions about debut gen songs. They're a good way to keep up hype, but making the gen song later gives everyone a chance to get singing lessons and direction lol. What I like about Rebellion is that it doesn't pretend all the Advent members sing at the same level; using both Shiori and Nerissa effectively in the same song is a feat.
something i want to mention. when FuwaMoco say they applied separately i suspect they mean as Solo acts in the same gen which may explain the high number of applications needed before settling on the shared channel idea. (pure speculation but worth a thought I think)

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Who is this tomatomouse and why has she been suddenly all over my timeline these last couple days?
him.jpg
Like check her website, its obvious

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Promised PL talk from Depressed Nousagi

EDIT: There is an erotic CG from the game, somewhat censored, flashing for a second

UberSoldat

He really likes to walk on thin ice huh? Haven't watched it yet, but does he mention how poorly he handled being the target of a mob before?

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

EDIT: There is an erotic CG from the game, somewhat censored, flashing for a second

This fucker really likes to play with fire isn't he

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Last edited:

USS IOWA

Not-Username

Kiara somehow off her meds today

Screenshot_20230805-132417.pngScreenshot_20230805-132448.png

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

This motherfucker really couldn't help himself can he. Let's see how things will pan out for him this time.

Also he didn't shill it in Twitter like he usually does.

:whatastory:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Pippa Stream

Holo EN3 Stream

And @God's Strongest Sanalite new oshi's stream.

I massively approve of this level of floof.

I don't often feel parasocial, but this is an exception.

Meanwhile I nearly had a goddamn heart attack waking up and seeing 13 alerts in my notifications. I thought you'd all found a live recording of Vesper hanging himself or something. But no, you just really really really really REALLY wanted to educate me about Ohio. Never change.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
Last edited:

niggaphil

you just really really really really REALLY wanted to educate me about Ohio. Never change.
It is the breeding ground of blue-shark ponies, you should expect the Ohio residents' extremely high autism level

edit: Meanwhile, Airi is infected with Nolan disease. LMAO

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Tidbit from Kiara's members stream that I hadn't heard before: Realistic Kemonomimi for non-kemono characters are banned going forwards in Holo - Kiara wasn't even allowed to add her existing ears to other outfits unless they were made into an accessory rather than live ears. Apparently it was diluting the impact of having actual animal characters or something....
1691239179257.png
Shot's fired...

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom